So, how long is the game taking you to load?

Redfoxmagi

Non early access subs will get be able to play right away next week..... Since they will already have the patch installed. We on the other hand will have to wait for patch glacier to finish moving through the narrow bandwidth that Bioware has created.

since we have to log into our accounts first they could of had a setup- (top que) Early access sub

(middle que) Sub

(bottom que) preffered

(F2P que) starts tomorrow but que in order

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The updater is a joke. It literally hogs my whole system when updating. I can not do much of anything else. This is the ONLY game that has ever done this with such horrific results. It is a disgrace. How are they not embarrassed by it. Well, at least they do not have to face us, maybe that is why they can live having made such shoddy work.

Hi all,

I just double clicked SWTOR shortcut, and after typing password and click button Log In, I see a blue circle rotating on the right side of the login fields.. and some 20mins already passed.

Im afraid to kill this so i dont break anything.. but I dont know whats happenning with this spinning blue thing.. maybe trying to just login ? Because Im still in login window, and i dont see any %, or message :(

So maybe if its stuck trying to login, maybe could be safe to kill the app and try again login ?

Thanks

Hi all,

I just double clicked SWTOR shortcut, and after typing password and click button Log In, I see a blue circle rotating on the right side of the login fields.. and some 20mins already passed.

Im afraid to kill this so i dont break anything.. but I dont know whats happenning with this spinning blue thing.. maybe trying to just login ? Because Im still in login window, and i dont see any %, or message :(

So maybe if its stuck trying to login, maybe could be safe to kill the app and try again login ?

Thanks

I would because it can not even connect to the server atm as its been over taxed.

Hi all,

Thanks

..UPDATE:

after 30mins, new window appeared showing NEWS COMMUNITY on top, video in middle and now I can see in bottom:

1) ST "Reorganizing data.. " and was fast took only 2s per 1% (took around 2 mins or so).

2) and then new message "Verifying" also fast 100% in 30s or so.

3) and then "Installing" seems to have started at 50% , and shows Updating with speeds 512.00KB/s, but most of the times I see between 6MB/S and 20MB/s

Will update this post then it changes/completes.

Hope a clear step by step log, would be more usefull for most of us then just complaining.

I also suggest not to kill stuff, repair and starting doing workaround i guess.. otherwise you can make things worse based in the dark side afflictive pain in desiring playing fast again ;) .. I know it hurts.. but keep faith.

:rolleyes:

UPDATE:

Completed .. took 1h or so. *spoiler* i got 240Mbits optical connection, and didnt killed anything or tried any smart workaround. Cya ingame ;)

Edited by Fate-

..UPDATE:

after 30mins, new window appeared showing NEWS COMMUNITY on top, video in middle and now I can see in bottom:

1) ST "Reorganizing data.. " and was fast took only 2s per 1% (took around 2 mins or so).

2) and then new message "Verifying" also fast 100% in 30s or so.

3) and then "Installing" seems to have started at 50% , and shows Updating with speeds 512.00KB/s, but most of the times I see between 6MB/S and 20MB/s

Will update this post then it changes/completes.

Hope a clear step by step log, would be more usefull for most of us then just complaining.

I also suggest not to kill stuff, repair and starting doing workaround i guess.. otherwise you can make things worse based in the dark side afflictive pain in desiring playing fast again ;) .. I know it hurts.. but keep faith.

:rolleyes:

UPDATE:

Completed .. took 1h or so. *spoiler* i got 240Mbits optical connection, and didnt killed anything or tried any smart workaround. Cya ingame ;)

UPDATE:

Launched changed to Character list screen showing:

"Quick Play Mode"

While you play, the game continues to download. If you finish the starting planet before it completes, you may start a new character and play one of the other 7 class stories. When the download completes, you can access the entire game.

i see empty progression bar with little green 0.00% :(

If I click in any of my alts, it shows "NOT READY"..

Oh well.. now its not clear if something is being downloaded or not... as the green 0.00% has not changed since 20 mins.. well once again i will resist the temptation and will just not kill the app or whatever.. it shall be doign something ig uess/hope.. it could probably feedback a more meanfull feedback so we could know whats happening tho.. even just for say "trying operation XX for the 10th time :) or restarting bla ble".. you know.. dev logs type of thing.. at least we could see game is trying to do something ;)

UPDATE:

Launched changed to Character list screen showing:

"Quick Play Mode"

While you play, the game continues to download. If you finish the starting planet before it completes, you may start a new character and play one of the other 7 class stories. When the download completes, you can access the entire game.

i see empty progression bar with little green 0.00% :(

If I click in any of my alts, it shows "NOT READY"..

Oh well.. now its not clear if something is being downloaded or not... as the green 0.00% has not changed since 20 mins.. well once again i will resist the temptation and will just not kill the app or whatever.. it shall be doign something ig uess/hope.. it could probably feedback a more meanfull feedback so we could know whats happening tho.. even just for say "trying operation XX for the 10th time :) or restarting bla ble".. you know.. dev logs type of thing.. at least we could see game is trying to do something ;)

UPDATE:

I checked windows network TCP/IP was not sending/receiving packets (or like 2 sent,3 received..) so I clicked QUIT game, and just after relaunched game quick login, quick character screen appearing and now all my alts show as playable.

..and im ingame ;)

well I have been having trouble DL directly from anything other Than Origin, I had to do a complete uninstall of any prior DL wipe any files and take out Bitraider, etc etc.

Seems that the Origin is the best place to DL from at least for myself. currently its been 45 minutes and I am at 44.43% of the entire download, with roughly a steady stream @ 3.5-4MB a second.. hope this helps :)

6+ hours and I still have to download over 4GB. Great job BW, looks like you give a **** about your long time subscribers. I guess it is time to move on once my sub runs out.:mad:

Not a single "yellow" post about this whole disaster. :rolleyes:

Worked great until the 80% mark for me, then even though the download speed hasn't changed, the percentage slowed to a crawl. 10 minutes just to go up 2%. So the last 20% of the installation will take more than twice as long as the first 80%.

I think the biggest problem is the download times. From the times in this forum post, it appears that most of the problems were around when the patch first became available, and around 4pm ESt when those started to get off work. I had zero problems with the download, finishing up in 30 minutes or so (the time of a shower and a couple of emails to check). However, I started the day around 1pm as I work graveyard.

Ahem......SUUUUUC***KEEEEERRRRRSSSS!!!

UPDATE:

I checked windows network TCP/IP was not sending/receiving packets (or like 2 sent,3 received..) so I clicked QUIT game, and just after relaunched game quick login, quick character screen appearing and now all my alts show as playable.

..and im ingame ;)

Look at my post on page 6. I had this same problem and what i did to fix it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.