WTB Musco! Rest of promised BLOGS???

dscount

Then stop saying we will be wearing level 20 green armor...

What do you get from armor/mods ?

+Stats

+Bonuses

You'll loose your stats and get level 20 green item stats, you'll keep your bonuses and your looks of your armor.

So, yea it's like wearing level 20 item with a bonus + the looks of armor.

Or am i wrong !?

Now you're just being a troll and you're becoming only the third person to make my ignore list.

Congratulations!!

And i care because ? you are my mother ?

Edited by -Spc

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you get from armor/mods ?

+Stats

+Bonuses

You'll loose your stats and get level 20 green item stats, you'll keep your bonuses and your looks of your armor.

So, yea it's like wearing level 20 item with a bonus + the looks of armor.

Or am i wrong !?

And i care because ? you are my mother ?

Where is your source?

we do realize that this could mean some players will lose Achievement points in 4.0
But you don't seem to care, either. :D

No plans that I know of to make this optional.
I'm glad the imprudent community wasn't able to change your mind. Admittedly, it must be humorous to see criticism of a system from people who haven't even experienced it. You gotta watch out for those psychic forumers...

Now I just hope you implement it correctly and it actually works like it should. I'm skeptical, as I've heard that certain obvious and gigantic issues have been overlooked entirely, but feel free to prove me otherwise. The goal is good. I just hope you achieved it. I would have a hotfix team on standby when the 20th rolls around :rolleyes:

Each week, one hard mode Operation is designated as a "High-Priority Target," players can see which Operation this is by visiting the fleet and visiting the FP/Op section. There you will find a Target Analysis Computer with a holo version of the last boss of the Op with text specifying the Op, the boss will also have a buff indicating this inside the Op. Under normal circumstances, a HM boss will be dropping ilvl 220. If they are the High-Priority Target, they will also drop ilvl 224 in addition to their normal drops.
Uh, will KotFE players even be using the Fleet as a hub? I thought you guys confirmed that wouldn't be the case. It sure doesn't make sense in the context of the plot, I'll tell you that much. Also, why do players literally have to go to the hub to check information? It's a stupid mechanic, you're just encouraging people to check sites like dulfy.net to see what the Operation of the week is. That's not too bad from a community perspective but from a developer perspective, man that is lazy. The fastest way of getting relevant, updated, legitimately-acquired information on the game should be through official sources. Specifically, in this game, it should be through the game's client. Do you think players are more likely to get their character to the hub area to check information, or just do a quick google search? Handle this stuff yourself, don't make people waste extra time just to get a piece of information, especially when it's so relevant to PvE progression.

I explained a bit about this on the livestream. We have some press folks who are doing reporting on Alliance, and IIRC they are releasing their coverage on Early Access launch day, the 20th. Our plan is to match that with our own blog on Alliance around the same time.
In other words, "We're going to answer that question after the answer ceases to be relevant, to ensure the playerbase is screwed due to our lack of communication :) have a nice day." Are you kidding me?

No PvE repeatable has been added with 4.0. However, the team is looking at possibly adding this in the future.
Look harder. PvP isn't fun, and your statistics show it. GSF doesn't have enough to offer, and your statistics show it. You would not convince many people to engage in PvP or GSF through these conquesting changes. People would rather drop conquesting altogether and focus on progression and RP. The reason I say would is because you decided to tie endgame crafting to optimal progression, and you decided to tie conquesting to endgame crafting. As a result, you're forcing people who want to optimally progress through PvE (with multiple toons, likely) to engage in PvP. I'm not opposed to the concept of PvP, but PvP in this game is boring. A good dev team does not populate the PvP scene by requiring people to play it, a good dev team populates the PvP scene by making it fun. This design decision of yours is pathetically unwise. Requiring optimally-minded PvEers to engage in PvP is a great way to kill your game.

This was answered to an extent in the Crafting changes blog. We have a list of all of the materials being removed in that blog, they will be collapsed into the relevant material of the same grade.
SWIIIIING AND A MISS!!!

He asked about CONVERSIONS. A list of the removed materials, and specifically what they convert to. The question was pretty straightforward.

He asked which materials convert into what, and "will be collapsed into the relevant material of the same grade" essentially just says "yup, we haven't talked about that -- and we won't -- but I'll pretend like I gave you an answer so you'll stop asking"

Edited by idnewton

Sure thing!

Each boss will drop 224, not just the final boss. Also, each boss is assigned a specific piece, it is not random.

-eric

Eric - Can you please clarify if loot drops in operations/flashpoints are going to change?

I direct your attention to these part of the operation blog:

Just like the new Tactical Flashpoints, each player can get their own individual loot suited for their class from entirely new sets of gear. This will provide the perfect jumping off point for getting you ready to tackle Operations!

We are also making several Quality of Life improvements to Operations in the Group Finder to make a better, more engaging experience. Each day, a new Story Mode Operation will be available in Group Finder, and will all drop relevant gear for your character.

Does this mean there is a change in game as to how we used to get drops from bosses? I.e. no more RNG rolls for loot from bosses? Or does it mean we are getting gear instead of comms perhaps for completing the op/flashpoint?

I mean that does hint at some change coming but it's very vague so some clarification around it would be nice since the PTS people have obviously had time to plan for the change for a long time now but can't let us know.

Thanks.

So you will not loose your stats and be level 65 with level 65 gear ?!

:rolleyes:

Is this how level sync works ?

No, you're saying we will be getting level 20 green gear stats from purple items when logic would dictate we'd be getting level 20 purple gear stats.

I was asking for your source on that.

[*]Older Crafting patterns that were impacted by the Mastery changes, or shared duplicate purpose, have been removed. Older Crafting patterns that still had a cosmetic appearance, have been moved to an Archive section. This is also affected by the other changes noted in the Crafting blog (such as changes to who crafts what)

-eric

You missed part of his question Eric.

We want to know what happens to schems like ARMOR MODS or AUGMENTS that are being moved to other crating skills. We worked LONG AND HARD and spent TONS of creds on them to upgrade to purples, so we would like those purple schems moved, or given to that toon in a Legacy bound crafting schematic.

Its tone deaf to not even realize this would happen! Its like whoever made these changes NEVER EVEN CRAFTED BEFORE!!

Let me take a crack at some of these!

[*]Great question. Each week, one hard mode Operation is designated as a "High-Priority Target," players can see which Operation this is by visiting the fleet and visiting the FP/Op section. There you will find a Target Analysis Computer with a holo version of the last boss of the Op with text specifying the Op, the boss will also have a buff indicating this inside the Op. Under normal circumstances, a HM boss will be dropping ilvl 220. If they are the High-Priority Target, they will also drop ilvl 224 in addition to their normal drops.

[*]No PvE repeatable has been added with 4.0. However, the team is looking at possibly adding this in the future.

[*]This was answered to an extent in the Crafting changes blog. We have a list of all of the materials being removed in that blog, they will be collapsed into the relevant material of the same grade.

[*]I explained a bit about this on the livestream. We have some press folks who are doing reporting on Alliance, and IIRC they are releasing their coverage on Early Access launch day, the 20th. Our plan is to match that with our own blog on Alliance around the same time.

That Alliance info is too late we should be getting it this week, not when we're about to play.

You missed part of his question Eric.

We want to know what happens to schems like ARMOR MODS or AUGMENTS that are being moved to other crating skills. We worked LONG AND HARD and spent TONS of creds on them to upgrade to purples, so we would like those purple schems moved, or given to that toon in a Legacy bound crafting schematic.

Its tone deaf to not even realize this would happen! Its like whoever made these changes NEVER EVEN CRAFTED BEFORE!!

I'm pretty sure the answer is 'no'. Besides, that work was put in for the purpose of making money at that time when they were relevant and expensive. Are you honestly telling me you're going to invest the materials to craft a purple 34 enhancement nowadays?

There's honestly no benefit to having those schems at this point. Yeah you worked hard for them blah blah blah but you did so for the purpose of making a profit off of them. Are you still making a profit off of them? No, you're not. Instead of feeling emotionally attached to numbers and letters... don't.

Ideally would it be nice to keep those schems for whatever emotional value they have to you? Yeah, sure. But when a crew skill is changed to craft a different type of item altogether, it is simply not reasonable to allow the crafters using that crew skill to retain their schematics for the original item. It's been changed for a reason, and allowing you to keep your obsolete item modification schematics hurts the game a lot more than it helps you.

I'm pretty sure the answer is 'no'. Besides, that work was put in for the purpose of making money at that time when they were relevant and expensive. Are you honestly telling me you're going to invest the materials to craft a purple 34 enhancement nowadays?

There's honestly no benefit to having those schems at this point. Yeah you worked hard for them blah blah blah but you did so for the purpose of making a profit off of them. Are you still making a profit off of them? No, you're not. Instead of feeling emotionally attached to numbers and letters... don't.

Ideally would it be nice to keep those schems for whatever emotional value they have to you? Yeah, sure. But when a crew skill is changed to craft a different type of item altogether, it is simply not reasonable to allow the crafters using that crew skill to retain their schematics for the original item. It's been changed for a reason, and allowing you to keep your obsolete item modification schematics hurts the game a lot more than it helps you.

Sorry to be rude here, but you simply don't know what you're talking about...or perhaps I'm misunderstanding you. Crafting mods, armorings, enhancements, etc..is still very profitable. We (crafters) ARE currently making a lot of credits making these items. The changes will come in the form of x-strength=x-mastery and so on. Enhancements don't carry mainstat so x-surge will be converted to x-crit/surge. Beyond this, the changes will be seen in only that we will have to start from scratch to create the same modifications we spent a ton of time leveling already. This reminds me of the introduction to 3.0 where we were forced to pay to retrain the abilities we had previously trained. The dev team saw very quickly that this was horrible, essentially ripping is off and changed it. I would think that they would have remembered this going into 4.0. Recharging players to relearn something that was taken away is bad juju. If you don't believe that we are CURRENTLY making credits on modifications, I invite you to visit the gtn and see just how many people are selling them.

Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post

No plans that I know of to make this optional.

I'm glad the imprudent community wasn't able to change your mind. Admittedly, it must be humorous to see criticism of a system from people who haven't even experienced it. You gotta watch out for those psychic forumers...

The "impudent community" you sneer at, have valid concerns with the whole level-sync program getting forced into the game.

1. No one was asking or demanding it be implemented.

2. People that play other games with level-sync have had mixed results with it.

3. Level-sync is a massive change to gameplay, being added (with no public beta testing) with no explanation as to why BioWare thinks it is a necessary change to the game.

4. It's being tossed in to the mix of yet another massive change to the game as part of an expansion. You even alluded to the potential for problems in your post, and you have a huge signature of your support for level-sync (IN ALL CAPS, just in case anyone wasn't sure.)

I made a post a few months back when KotFE was announced, sort of a prediction/warning of what a massive mistake it was for BioWare to keep information on the game so limited. Yet here we are, just a few days away from early access launch, and at this time most of the information people will get on the game will come in the patch notes on the 19th (taking a leap of faith here that BioWare will post a somewhat comprehensive list of changes).

There is going to be an "Alliance System" in the game, and I for one have no idea how that works. The "good news" is there will be all SORTS of information available on the 20th. Yay.

Compare this news blackout to the launch of the Shadows of Revan expansion in 3.0 - where people knew what all the game systems were going to be, yet there were no leaks about Rishi or Yavin 4 of any significance.

This time, BioWare has basically TOLD EVERYONE what Chapter 1 is, as well as Chapter 3. A video stream of players actually playing the game isn't a spoiler, but telling people what materials getting removed are going to be converted to is too much information?

And all the fanbois and BioWare apologists are just fine with that? Really?

Let me take a crack at some of these!

• Great question. Each week, one hard mode Operation is designated as a "High-Priority Target," players can see which Operation this is by visiting the fleet and visiting the FP/Op section. There you will find a Target Analysis Computer with a holo version of the last boss of the Op with text specifying the Op, the boss will also have a buff indicating this inside the Op. Under normal circumstances, a HM boss will be dropping ilvl 220. If they are the High-Priority Target, they will also drop ilvl 224 in addition to their normal drops.
  • No PvE repeatable has been added with 4.0. However, the team is looking at possibly adding this in the future.
  • This was answered to an extent in the Crafting changes blog. We have a list of all of the materials being removed in that blog, they will be collapsed into the relevant material of the same grade.
  • I explained a bit about this on the livestream. We have some press folks who are doing reporting on Alliance, and IIRC they are releasing their coverage on Early Access launch day, the 20th. Our plan is to match that with our own blog on Alliance around the same time.
  • I realize your post is a few days old, but Thexan's armor is now live on the CM :)
  • No plans that I know of to make this optional.
  • Older Crafting patterns that were impacted by the Mastery changes, or shared duplicate purpose, have been removed. Older Crafting patterns that still had a cosmetic appearance, have been moved to an Archive section. This is also affected by the other changes noted in the Crafting blog (such as changes to who crafts what)
  • There are no plans to auto-grant the kill Achievements. However, we do realize that this could mean some players will lose Achievement points in 4.0 (or gain them, if they already have the kill Achievements)

Hopefully that covers your questions!

-eric

I really want to know what the plans are for old artifact patterns that hours were spent unlocking, next to nothing was said on this front? From all appearances, given the recipe moves, we crafters are being told thanks for playing now start over recipe unlocking from scratch. Is this really the plan? As a crafter the blog on crafting changes was half great, the other half horrible (loosing all progress on recipe unlocks), sadly the horrible half is winning from where I am sitting.

The crafting blog really was not explicit on what if any plans there were for the lost game progress we appear to be about to fall victim to. This really sucks from my point of view.

Uh, will KotFE players even be using the Fleet as a hub? I thought you guys confirmed that wouldn't be the case. It sure doesn't make sense in the context of the plot, I'll tell you that much. Also, why do players literally have to go to the hub to check information? It's a stupid mechanic, you're just encouraging people to check sites like dulfy.net to see what the Operation of the week is. That's not too bad from a community perspective but from a developer perspective, man that is lazy. The fastest way of getting relevant, updated, legitimately-acquired information on the game should be through official sources. Specifically, in this game, it should be through the game's client. Do you think players are more likely to get their character to the hub area to check information, or just do a quick google search? Handle this stuff yourself, don't make people waste extra time just to get a piece of information, especially when it's so relevant to PvE progression.

What's the bet it's not just checking for information but picking it up as a side quest type thing as well else you don't qualify for the extra reward.

I would have thought they would have just made this operation known via the GF since I believe there are HM GF's now and it is meant for /the operation of the week' but maybe I'm wrong.

Edited by MeNaCe-NZ

Hello

if i have lord scourge on my jedi guardian at 10k affection

and my lord scourge on my jedi sentinel at 0

when i start kotfe... if i get scourge on my sentinel will he have the stat bonus from having him 10k affection legacy cheevo from my guardian

or will i have to boost up my sentinels lord scourge also?

trying to find out before i spend money on gifts :p

Hey Eric Musco:

I hope you see this, I was wondering about the free level 60 character for Subscribers....Is that going to be 1 per account or server? Looking Forward to the new expansion!

Bearbryant

Jedi Covenant

Good question! I think it was only ONE per account. Trying to find that post now.