WTB Musco! Rest of promised BLOGS???

dscount

Sorry, but did nobody else watch the live stream? He clearly showed how he was level synced on DK, went to a heroic area and absolutely chewed it up. You're not going to struggle to kill anything like a fresh out of the box level 10 or whatever, you'll still be a monstrous powerhouse in those areas, synced or not. Get a grip and play the damn game!

Um...

He did NOT "chew through" a heroic; he beat up the first 3 mobs he came to and that was it. Admittedly he had little trouble with those, but that says nothing about how the rest of the mission might go, or how he would have fared against the end boss.

Still, we'll have to wait and see. I suspect most of us will probably be fine.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Overall, I care very little about level sync. I do however, wonder what conquest and bounty contracts will look like. I also question the intended outcome. From what we've been told, level sync is being added to cconvince players to revisit planets they've already finished. From my point of view though, I don't cafe to rush back to a planet I've cleared, and making my gear worse, my damage less, and mobs more time consuming to clear is not going to change that.

There are no plans to auto-grant the kill Achievements. However, we do realize that this could mean some players will lose Achievement points in 4.0 (or gain them, if they already have the kill Achievements)

So when can we expect the Party Jawa "That's Just Wrong" achievement to be removed? It's something that every new player cannot do, so why is it still in the game?

Really, I'd like to know your source for that.

Surge is being removed as a stackable stat and instead will be tied to crit. This has been posted many times on many different threads. Enhancements and mods carry crit, but the only one being taken away from the original crafter is the enhancement and so that is the one I mentioned.

What's the bet it's not just checking for information but picking it up as a side quest type thing as well else you don't qualify for the extra reward.

I would have thought they would have just made this operation known via the GF since I believe there are HM GF's now and it is meant for /the operation of the week' but maybe I'm wrong.

They'd be awfully stupid to make it a whole quest. That would emphasize the importance of unofficial sources even more... unless they require the quest's completion to get the buff... which would be even more stupid.

But again, I'm still not sure why we'd be on the fleet :confused:

So when can we expect the Party Jawa "That's Just Wrong" achievement to be removed? It's something that every new player cannot do, so why is it still in the game?

Because its still doable by the players who got the Jawa.

Affection is not doable by ANYONE after Alliance system.

So I take one guildy with me - without grouping, I have level sync toggled on and flag the mobs, he has it off and one-shots them all. Once I hit my Conquest Cap, we switch.

So you implement a level sync system that is graded on difficulty, no level sync active? No bonuses, no stat alterations, normal loot. Level sync active? Set to same level as planet? Bonus given to conquest points / loot. Set to lower level than the planet? Larger bonus given to conquest points / loot.

It isn't really rocket science. I mean if BioWare can create a game based on levels, and know the projected power curve of the classes, they could have taken some time and created a GOOD version of level sync, that is completely optional for everyone, and those who opt to use it get larger bonuses for doing so.

It creates an incentive, it creates a challenge if implemented correctly, and it adds to the RPG part of the MMORPG.

Level sync as it is being implemented, isn't something I can get behind. Period. Maybe if they decide to visit it again and give it some love and attention and some THOUGHT, then perhaps I'll get behind it in the future. As it stands? Not even going to give it a chance, it's a poorly designed and implemented half baked system.

As always, I don't pretend to speak for others. Your mileage may vary.

Edited by Transcendent

Because its still doable by the players who got the Jawa.

Affection is not doable by ANYONE after Alliance system.

So what? It's an achievement that can't be done by ANY new player EVER. If they want to remove achievements and their points that can no longer be done by the majority of players, it should be consistent. Especially achievements that people potentially paid money for in order to achieve.

So what? It's an achievement that can't be done by ANY new player EVER. If they want to remove achievements and their points that can no longer be done by the majority of players, it should be consistent. Especially achievements that people potentially paid money for in order to achieve.

Agreed, and I'm a little surprised it's still going to be in the system

It is consistent - if it cannot be done by ANY players, it is removed / archived. If it can be done by ANY players, it stays in. Party Jawa achievement can still be done by some players - the ones that are being removed would not be doable by any players.

Lets hope they will not remove any more achievements, ever :tran_wink:

It is consistent - if it cannot be done by ANY players, it is removed / archived. If it can be done by ANY players, it stays in. Party Jawa achievement can still be done by some players - the ones that are being removed would not be doable by any players.

They state the removal is being done for reasons of "fairness" to new players. Ergo, not consistent with leaving the Party Jawa achievement in the game.

Lets hope they will not remove any more achievements, ever :tran_wink:

I don't want them to remove any achievements, but if they do, the should remove all of them that are no longer possible to do for ALL players.

Edited by tmwfte

They state the removal is being done for reasons of "fairness" to new players. Ergo, not consistent with leaving the Party Jawa achievement in the game.

Yes but not in the sense you're thinking.

They're removing achievement that was once available, and no longer doable by anyone due to affection/alliance reformation. Basically, they're removing an achievement because the way to gain said achievement will be removed from the game completely.

Party Jawas were never removed from the game. Hence there is no reason the remove the achievement.

Basically, they're removing an achievement because the way to gain said achievement will be removed from the game completely..

They're archiving NIM EV/KP. Not removing achievement points and titles. They're bringing back gear from the Chevin event so that people can get Sharp Dresser again. The only way for ALL players to get the Party Jawa achievement is to build a time machine, go back in time, and subscribe by the appropriate date before the free to play changeover. It's inconsistent.

Either archive everything no longer available to ALL players or remove everything no longer to ALL players.

Will we have new achievements for Operations in 4.0 ? Since all the old opses are gonna be boosted to 65, it would be appropriate to add level 65 Ops achievs aswell.

Cause if there will be no achievs for new old ops, people who got 100% on operations most likely will raid less or not at all.

They'd be awfully stupid to make it a whole quest. That would emphasize the importance of unofficial sources even more... unless they require the quest's completion to get the buff... which would be even more stupid.

But again, I'm still not sure why we'd be on the fleet :confused:

Time travel.

That or the end of KoTFE is ... it was all a dream.

I'm just waiting for one of those 2 "awesome" plot devices to be part of SWTOR canon. ;)

Aside from gathering mats for crafting, or going after missed datacrons, how often do people even go back to early planets? I'm not understanding the huge reaction to this.

Bountys, seeker droid, hk and macrobinoculars are a few I can think of.

All will be just tedious if mobs get agro'd now.

Whilst I am for level sync I am rather against open world variant of it but a necessary evil I guess to get the system in some form.

Erm http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=8407161#edit8407161 implies you can't get those achievements any more but you'll still have them?

Sorry, but did nobody else watch the live stream? He clearly showed how he was level synced on DK, went to a heroic area and absolutely chewed it up. You're not going to struggle to kill anything like a fresh out of the box level 10 or whatever, you'll still be a monstrous powerhouse in those areas, synced or not. Get a grip and play the damn game!

Yes I did watch the live stream and yes he had little trouble I have already posted the 2 problems I have with the live stream in that 1.) He was level 65 and had descent gear on and all of his passives, but what will happen when you go through on your level 30ish inquisitor trying to get to your Main Solo Story Line Quests in that same heroic area where you have to go through 3 or 4 times. And you only have maybe orange gear with slightly outdated mods in the slots. 2.) He face pulled the mob a couple of times while he was just standing there talking to the stream which he had to kill again, what if that mob had several other mobs linked to it... So it kinda goes against what they have said about streamlining leveling and making it faster to get through to max level if you cant get to your next quest or it takes many times longer to get there.

Bountys, seeker droid, hk and macrobinoculars are a few I can think of.

All will be just tedious if mobs get agro'd now.

Whilst I am for level sync I am rather against open world variant of it but a necessary evil I guess to get the system in some form.

Maybe we will retain our speeder level, and therefore be able to fly past aggro without getting knocked off.