Conquest Reward Issues and Fallen Empire

EricMusco

Never did I say forums ppl are majority. Go branch out of your solo rpg mode and get to know ppl on your sever, engage in the community that aren't ok forums since it's less than 1% according to your lack of facts and evidence but then again.... Lol hypocrite.

After talking to many ppl and engaging in real conversation, you will see that 7-8/10 ppl hate a majority of changes. And that is based on my experience. Sorry I don't screenshot my chats for proof, but if you want the proof, don't be lazy and go talk to ppl.

Burden of Proof lies with you. Telling people to go look for the proof themselves makes your argument look weak and your supposed 7-8/10 people, non believable.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All of our guild has had the following cut/paste response:-

Greetings,

Thank you for contacting Star Wars™: The Old Republic™. Allow me to introduce myself; I am Protocol Droid M0-T0, Human Cyborg Relations.

I’m sorry to hear that you haven’t received your Conquest rewards. We are aware that this has happened on a wider scale and as such we are currently reviewing the situation to determine the most appropriate way to get these rewards to you in the coming weeks.

Our community manager Eric Musco posted on the below thread in which you should find any updates relevant to this issue as our customer support teams cannot address this issue on an individual basis:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=839799

Thank you for your patience and understanding while we address this, and I apologize again for any inconvenience this issue may have caused. If you need any further assistance on this or any other issue in the meantime, please let us know and we’ll be happy to help.

Galactic Support is our specialty...

Sincerely,

Protocol Droid M0-T0 (aka Mark)

Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Customer Service

The ticket has now been closed.

Edited by Colow_Leper
Adding comment

Burden of Proof lies with you. Telling people to go look for the proof themselves makes your argument look weak and your supposed 7-8/10 people, non believable.

You told me to go look for proof...idiot. You just contradicted yourself again. My post was pointing out the flawed logic in your saying you don't need proof to prove its not a majority, etc... even though i never said anything about the forums being majority, but i still need proof for something i didn't say? You sir, are slow.

All of our guild has had the following cut/paste response:-

The ticket has now been closed.

I received the same message. I contacted them again for a proposed solution for the new crafting mats and was told to put in another ticket. I really think we should all get together and pull a mass 'unsubscribe' day on October 28 if they can't at least give us some information.

All very well to say...

Our community manager Eric Musco posted on the below thread in which you should find any updates relevant to this issue as our customer support teams cannot address this issue on an individual basis:

But we're not getting any updates.

i don't see how answering my ticket with a link pointing me to this thread saying they're sorry fixes my lack of rewards... its a classic pass the buck around till u are totally annoyed by they lack of care, and you give up....

I'm not going to be a subscriber after 4.0 if this is how it continues to go. You got one specific issue, a quest was completed, you refused to reimburse the rewards for the quest, and you just start saying, oh we're sorry, without at least giving compensating us for your bug. god only knows how long you're going to take to fix it and how much more stuff you have hinged on to conquest, that will be ignored and bugged as well...

I think the people upset about how the conquest problem is now going to affect the 4.0 gear crafting thing should relax a bit. The post they made yesterday about the new endgame gear crafting shows that it probably won't be that big a deal.

I think it was worded kinda funny but the way I understood it was that there are 4 levels of gear:

Endgame Gear

• This is like starter level gear for level 65s
  • You get the schematic from the crew skill vendor
  • Includes everything: Shells/Mods/Relics/Implants/Earpieces
  • Need new Conquest Mat called “Strategic Resource Matrix” which get as personal CQ reward

Story Mode Gear

• You get this from reverse engineering Endgame
  • May/may not use the Strategic Resource Matrix

Hard Mode Gear

• You get this from reverse engineering Story Mode
  • May/may not use the Strategic Resource Matrix

Operations Gear

• Only Mods, Relics, Implants, and Earpieces
  • No Shells unless you earn them
  • Need new Operation Mat called “Dark Matter Catalyst” which you get from boss kills

So thinking of this in terms of current gear, it goes crap, crap, crap, yaaay!

Unless you're a terrible raider then you can probably start clearing the story mode raids in Endgame gear and now instead of just 2 raids dropping gear and crafting mats, it's all of them. To me that says it will be quicker than normal for the raid teams to get at least the lower tier of operations gear, if there are two tiers again.

Don't get me wrong, I'm pissed the conquest is broken and at their terrible lack of communication but it's not going to stop raid groups from progressing.

I am not big crafter myself, but your post doesn't make scene to me. Basically you say that craters can relax because they will be able to craft just 1 from 4 possible gears? I think the best selling crafted gear on 60 lvl was rating 186, which is like your "Endgame Gear".

People who buy crafted gear are these who dont raid or want some gear to start raid. So they dont need the most expensive "Operation gear", which might be only think possible to craft if your assumption is correct, they something to start. We dont know how exactly it will work right now, but feels wrong a lot with conquest being stopped.

Seriously, sub days should not be subtracted from accounts until they fix this crap, and provide a working game. How can we be expected to pay for this, when they knowingly release it not in working order? Now all the months of silence about non story aspects of the update make sense. Silence = Broken and we don't know what to do. :rolleyes:

As a note, it is likely that over the next few weeks leading up to Fallen Empire there may be continued issues with Conquest rewards being granted. If you choose to participate in Conquests between now and 4.0, please be aware you will not receive your Conquest rewards when the Conquest ends. There is no need to file a Customer Service ticket. We will attempt to grant them to those that have earned them in the coming weeks.

So my wife and I are having a disagreement on this...

Does this mean that from this week forward we will not receive conquest rewards at all? (What I read it as)

or

Does it mean that we will have to wait till after you fix conquest to receive the rewards for the next week? (How she took it)

Never did I say forums ppl are majority. Go branch out of your solo rpg mode and get to know ppl on your sever, engage in the community that aren't ok forums since it's less than 1% according to your lack of facts and evidence but then again.... Lol hypocrite.

After talking to many ppl and engaging in real conversation, you will see that 7-8/10 ppl hate a majority of changes. And that is based on my experience. Sorry I don't screenshot my chats for proof, but if you want the proof, don't be lazy and go talk to ppl.

Is this based on the 10 people that you've talked to? Because Nar Shaddaa was abuzz with this last night, and the consensus was that we had no consensus. About half the people that chimed in didn't even know it was happening. Of course, I guess I could use DK the other day, a guy posted "There's only 12 people on DK, is it always this empty?", and a quick look at my counter showed 114 people on. I didn't look to see how many instances, wouldn't it be funny if there were 3?

Now, I could run the usual turn of anecdotal evidence: I'm neither for nor against level sync, and everyone I talked to felt the same way. The problem is, just like saying 75-80% of the people you talked to were against it, there's nothing to support your claim but "because I said so". No matter how strongly you believe in something, that is not empirical evidence, that is simply you saying so.

Does it mean that we will have to wait till after you fix conquest

They say attempt to grant them and they are reviewing the situation, I would guess there are no guarantees that they will ever show up.

Time will tell what happens :tran_wink:

Edited by Icestar

Eric, your silence on this issue is laughable. People have told you for weeks exactly where the problem lies. You update a server or patch and it wipes the results. You are not guaranteeing that the people who have invested real time in your game will event get their rewards.

I had to submit multiple tickets to get my title and achievements after you fixed it the last time and many of my guild members gave up and received nothing.

As a GM of a large guild, I have formally recommended that our subscribers leave swtor. If you cannot fix conquest, then you will be unable to provide a decent expansion. You treat your paying players poorly and your post shows that you do not care to fix this problem.

I find the reality is this... Eric and his team (if there even is a team) can care less about what we say and that just shows me that they have no clue what they are doing. They want us to believe they are capable of launching a great expansion all the while having parts of the regular game still broken or becoming broken. This expansion has content in it that requires content from the base game that is currently not working correctly and their ignorant answer is to shut down said content. So that basically translates into the Expansion will already have broken parts in it and it hasn't even launched yet. So... if that's broken, surely you can expect that all sorts of other things can and most definitely will be broken. I have subbed for a year but if I had not I assure you I would unsub, and if you are considering the idea of subbing to this game I would certainly consider something else for the time being. This crew that runs this game may be able to fix things but I would wait and see if they actually do before I would pay them another dime. Just saying

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

I wanted to let you know that the dev team has found, and corrected the issue affecting Conquest rewards. This issue will be resolved next Tuesday, when we deploy Game Update 4.0. That means that you will be able to play Conquests normally and should receive both your Guild and Personal rewards as intended.

The Conquest event that ends next Tuesday may still be in a broken state (as this is before we have deployed the fix). If that happens, we will work on issuing those rewards at a later date.

Thanks everyone!

-eric

For conquest rewards issued yesterday, the 13th of Oct, some of our guildies got the achievement and title from winning the planet, others did not.

I opened a ticket for my own account, which did not get either, as did others, but have heard nothing back.

Why is it that it takes 5+ days to get a reply to something like this in game?

For conquest rewards issued yesterday, the 13th of Oct, some of our guildies got the achievement and title from winning the planet, others did not.

I opened a ticket for my own account, which did not get either, as did others, but have heard nothing back.

Why is it that it takes 5+ days to get a reply to something like this in game?

Volume. Backlog. Verification. Action.

Correct, Conquests will no longer be disabled.

-eric

You guys just saved your skin big-time.

It's still a stupid decision to centralize conquesting around ground and space PvP and crush all other methods, but at least the system will be functional in 4.0, which is very important since you've made the conquest-specific material a very important part of endgame crafting.

Does the Conquest fix Bioware implemented address the problem of faulty synchronisation of conquest planetary achievements and the list of titles in the Galactic Conqueror Title Success?

We conquered Balmora last week, and we did not receive the title, and the title is missing from the list within Galactic Conqueror, presumably because the planetary achievement was already showing up in our legacies achievement. :mad:

I guess one of your customer services rep managed to mess up the legacies of dozens of our guild members while trying to grant a missing title to someone, but failed to update the Galactic conqueror tracker at the same time. :eek:

So we have no reason to a quarter of the galaxy now because the titles will not be bestowed thanks to our corrupted legacies achievements. :rolleyes:

You should make sure your new implementation grants the legacy title, the planetary achievement and updates the galactic conqueror success tracker, if any of those are missing, rather than just grant the planetary achievement and rely on it granting everything.