Combat Changes in Fallen Empire

TaitWatson

No, he completely proved you [= idnewton, author's note] wrong. Your response to him was basically a four year old stomping his feet and screaming "because I said so".

Since ca. 3 days I don't read his endles, repetativ, insulting posts any longer. Every now and then I give him a chance and read a few of his words, because sometimes people evolve, but he always failed.

What you are describing is what he was doing at the beginning of this thread and continuously does, whenever I give him a chance. So I completely agree with you post.

Can't quote everyone, who said it already, but alzzin brought it good to the point:

I find debating with you [= idnewton, author's note] pointless, your responses are between pushing propaganda and childish name calling.

And TheDarquesyde said it more detailed:

Please. The only person you're embarrassing is yourself. You [= idnewton, author's note] are simply too long winded and full of yourself to realize it. You've reacted with childish rebuke toward nearly everyone who has posted an opinion differing from your own, resorting even to name calling and trollish behavior, yourself. You consider yourself some sort of authority based on your own speculation and opinion on what someone of actual authority on the matter has written. This does NOT make you 'right'. I am done with you, and this thread. Feel free to post whatever you might consider a 'witty and intelligent' reply, I won't see it.

But in the end, this is all pointless. What matters, is the question: "As always, please let us know what you think about the changes we've made, and thank you." which means: "As always, please let us know if the changes we've made, will lead to you spending more or less money for the game than before and thank you."

My personal answer is: Level-sync -> less money from me

• When the times comes, when I have only stuff left to do, which leads to being punished through level-sync, I will unsubscribe. This is a pity, because I was looking forward, to do this stuff and would be busy with it for more than a year.
  • Knowing this, I will already now spend less real money for cartel market things.

Let's hope, they are able to differentiate between the effect their changes have and the effect the new movie has. For example, they could keep a statistic, if max level chars after mandatory level sync visit the old planets more often than before. If that will be the case, I’m fine with being the minority, which has to switch to another game. If not and they keep it mandatory never less, it would be such a pity for a game which has such great parts.

• Replies 984
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I shouldn't have to deal with lowbie NPC's when I go back to a low level planet. There's a reason I out leveled it.

Even as lowbie, theres very few places where you actually cant avoid mobs.

When I was level 45 Guardian, I killed a level 50 Jugg (same spec as me), and made him run and grab his level 55 merc friend to come kill me. It took both of them to do it. I did not have expertise but then neither did they.

Now, level 60 with full pvp gear has this advantage over a lowbie:

60% outgoing damage increase due to expertise

37.5% incoming damage decrease due to expertise

PvP gear set bonus

So you just quoted yourself killing lowbie with no expertise and then compare it lv 60 full expertise geared player? excuse me if i dont see your logic

Is it somehow better that current lv60 in expertise gear is untouchable by lv 30? As in, parries everything you throw at him

Or is it better the lv60 is sync on lv30, and even when in pvp gear, you can actually damage him now? I'd rather dirty kick him without missing 100%.

You might not touch PVE geared players, I dont either, but plenty of people do, and there we go.

Edited by Kiesu

We were having fun yesterday with pals while kicking The Dread Fortress down, and here's the joke we came with about level-sync:

"Here comes The Empire's Wrath on Korriban to get some new slaves, unfortunately a k'lor slug killed him, we will miss him (her) dearly"

Srsly RP is so good...

We were having fun yesterday with pals while kicking The Dread Fortress down, and here's the joke we came with about level-sync:

"Here comes The Empire's Wrath on Korriban to get some new slaves, unfortunately a k'lor slug killed him, we will miss him (her) dearly"

Srsly RP is so good...

I'm starting to think he licked some boots to get the title rather than being competent enough, hah

Since they are making all the Heroic-4s on planets Heroic-2s, I hate level sync a little less, but I'm still opposed to it. I currently go to lower level planets for 3 reasons:

1) Gathering crafting mats. Don't need to do this often, but rather than deal with getting aggro from what used to be trash mobs, I'll probably just have companions run gathering missions.

2) Heroic 4s that I couldn't get a group for while leveling. No longer an issue, so I have no reason to go back.

3) Story line quest takes me there. I'll still have to deal with aggro from mobs way lower than me if I go to a lower planet to advance the story. Classes like Inqs and BHs get the added joy of having to go through a Heroic area to get to their instance.

Bottom line: This change will make me go to lower level planets less, not more.

On a separate issue, to the people worried about OWPvP...stats are scaled down, so I'm guessing this applies to Expertise. Even if it doesn't, a scaled down lvl 65 on Tat or wherever will at least be killable by a few people, whereas now, no number of lvl 28s are going to kill a 65.

Edited by HarleysRule

Honestly, I think the RP / immersion-breaking thing is just as bad with or without level-sync, so that's kind of a wash for me.

Without level sync, my Bounty Hunter can strip down to his skivvies and aggro an entire gang of cut-throat mercenaries on Hutta (or a Republic special-forces team on Balmorra for that matter)... then just stand there for a solid hour taking blaster shot after blast shot and simply never, ever dying - makes little-to-no sense. With level sync, my Emperor's Wrath has to actually expend some effort to down a simple Apprentice on Korriban - makes little-to-no sense.

If you really pushed me to choose between the two, I'd personally say that the level-sync is slightly less immersion breaking. The idea of an extremely powerful hero not taking a fight seriously at all (which is what you as the player would really have to do, even level sync'd, in order to lose a fight against the sort of peon opponents people are complaining about here) and the underdog getting his 'one good day' to actually win the fight makes a bit more sense to me then a hero who can just stand there forever without the remotest chance of being harmed.

Edited by DarthDymond

Only thing I can say about these changes is: appalling! This game is getting too easy! Lvl scaling = bad idea. A lot of hard work goes into reaching lvl 60. Now if I travel to whatever planet suddenly I get scaled down. What would be the reason for this , can someone please explain, cause I sure as hell don't understand. I looks to me like all the challenge is being removed from the game. This just may be where I cancel my subs.Yuk

I meant about the companion being same level as in same GEAR level. The companion I usually go with is in adaptive gear. If taking that away and they are not on par with my character in terms of dps / heal and hpts as my character will make it a problem. That is what I don't feel has been addressed in the information.

If that is no longer an issue that will be great. I have a companion tank for my sage, if he can't live no matter how I heal that will be a problem. I have a healer for my jedi knight, if he cannot heal and keep me alive that will be a problem. This scenario is under the new companions get no stats anymore.

Okay, I read all this and I'm pretty happy with most all of it, but there is one issue I have in regards to Level Sync.

We have added a new system to the game called Level Sync. What this system will do is that when you are on a planet, but above the target level of that planet, your level will automatically be lowered to that planet’s level. Ex: If you are level 60, and you return to Alderaan to do some Missions, your character will be scaled down to be level 32.

My issue here is that I rarely return to a planet to complete quests or bonus series with a higher level character (unless I'm pursuing a particular achievement it is related to). The majority of the time I'm there simply to look for datacrons, lore entries, or farm crafting materials. Now I really like Level Sync, if it works anything like it does in Final Fantasy: A Realm Reborn, then I think it's a fantastic addition to the game, especially as an incentive for players in clans to help their clanmates progress through planetary content on a new character (most clan members don't bother helping new players or even experienced players with low-level content simply because of the boredom it typically entails).

However, as I noted above, a solitary player does not necessarily return to a planet to pursue quest content. When we're cruising around looking for lore objects or material nodes, we're not gonna enjoy being knocked off our mounts by random enemies that we used to not have to worry about. Odds are we've already quested through the planet's content and most likely if we're exploring we're not going to be in a fighting mood either. Because of this, I feel that being forced to Level Sync is a poor decision in this situation and should instead be a given choice just as or similar to how it is offered in FF ARR. Otherwise, I feel that it's going to have the opposite effect of deterring players from returning to these planets at all.

Sincerely,

A concerned crafter and gatherer.

I'm a casual SWTOR player - but a constant subscriber since 2012 - and on balance I see level scaling as a good idea. Why?

- Content on planets remains relevant regardless of the actual accrued level of my character.

- I have more discretion as to how I level - whether I want to do so just by running heroics or working through an entire planet at the expense of another is now my choice.

- There will no longer be those lvl 60s who hover the the mats that I was going to collect but couldn't because I too busy killing the mobs nearby.

- Most importantly, I can see there being more activity on planets running heroics as the exp rewards make it worthwhile to do so.

On the other hand, getting rid of HC4s is disappointing.

Okay, I read all this and I'm pretty happy with most all of it, but there is one issue I have in regards to Level Sync.

My issue here is that I rarely return to a planet to complete quests or bonus series with a higher level character (unless I'm pursuing a particular achievement it is related to). The majority of the time I'm there simply to look for datacrons, lore entries, or farm crafting materials. Now I really like Level Sync, if it works anything like it does in Final Fantasy: A Realm Reborn, then I think it's a fantastic addition to the game, especially as an incentive for players in clans to help their clanmates progress through planetary content on a new character (most clan members don't bother helping new players or even experienced players with low-level content simply because of the boredom it typically entails).

However, as I noted above, a solitary player does not necessarily return to a planet to pursue quest content. When we're cruising around looking for lore objects or material nodes, we're not gonna enjoy being knocked off our mounts by random enemies that we used to not have to worry about. Odds are we've already quested through the planet's content and most likely if we're exploring we're not going to be in a fighting mood either. Because of this, I feel that being forced to Level Sync is a poor decision in this situation and should instead be a given choice just as or similar to how it is offered in FF ARR. Otherwise, I feel that it's going to have the opposite effect of deterring players from returning to these planets at all.

Sincerely,

A concerned crafter and gatherer.

It's usually not that hard to avoid enemies. It's not a *********** old Makeb after all. Now THAT was annoying

Only thing I can say about these changes is: appalling! This game is getting too easy! Lvl scaling = bad idea. A lot of hard work goes into reaching lvl 60. Now if I travel to whatever planet suddenly I get scaled down. What would be the reason for this , can someone please explain, cause I sure as hell don't understand. I looks to me like all the challenge is being removed from the game. This just may be where I cancel my subs.Yuk

They're making the game too easy by making lower level mobs a challenge again?

--Companions now all have 3 roles you can choose from on the fly, DPS/Healer/Tank, and different ability sets based on that role.

--Companions that use the same weapon type will share the same ability sets (so every companion that uses Blaster Pistols will have the same ability sets).

--Companions no longer generate any stats from gear, their stats are purely based on the level of the companion, so you can dress them up however you want. Accordingly, equipment slots that didn't have any effect on visibility have been removed from companions. Companions will still need a weapon in order to activate their abilities, but the stats of the weapon won't matter.

I know this comment is buried on page sixty-something, but this has me SOOO freaking excited. :D I've been wishing and hoping for this since launch. OMG thank you for these changes!

They're making the game too easy by making lower level mobs a challenge again?

Lower level mobs are not going to be a challenge to a downscaled max level characters. They can still roflstomp over them. It's just going to take more time than it currently does.

Those low level mobs are also going to aggro and drop max level characters off their speeders. It doesn't make it challenging. It makes it boring, annoying and time consuming.

So you just quoted yourself killing lowbie with no expertise and then compare it lv 60 full expertise geared player? excuse me if i dont see your logic

Is it somehow better that current lv60 in expertise gear is untouchable by lv 30? As in, parries everything you throw at him

Or is it better the lv60 is sync on lv30, and even when in pvp gear, you can actually damage him now? I'd rather dirty kick him without missing 100%.

You might not touch PVE geared players, I dont either, but plenty of people do, and there we go.

You won't damage someone in pvp gear if you have none, realistically speaking.

In the example I stated, you really think level sync would have stopped both of them from killing me? I stated that example because that was one of the few times I was actually ganked by a high level, the other time before that was at launch when my girlfriend and I got camped one day by 3 level 50s on Tat when we were 25.. Know how that went? They died about as much we did because we knew how to use the base guards and companions to fight them. Later on that evening we were going for the sandcrawler datacron. Those same imps were killing every pub there, except us, because we gave them a fight and earned their respect. Suffice to say we were the only pubs to get the crons that day.

So yeah plenty of people do, but if you don't freak and realize it is just a game and you did roll on a PvP server, often times those same people wind up being helpful if not friendly afterwards. Besides ganking doesn't exist anymore because 95% of the population plays on PvE servers now, using that as a reason for a level sync is a very poor reason. You don't want to get ganked, roll on PvE server and don't flag yourself, you don't need level sync for that.

I don't know about items, but I know the credit and experience rewards will scale to the actual level (rather than effective level) of the player who completes the quest.

Interesting. I would assume exp upgrade would have to include the mobs too thus so should open world credit drops. Be interesting to see how this is set especially in regards back to the points on inflation, more open world credits may mean more inflation.

Yeah. I've never seen an anti-expertise argument that made sense, until I saw yours. It's actually a really good idea, but unfortunately with less than 3 weeks until the effective release of KotFE, it's unlikely to happen unless that's already their plan (by effective release, I mean early access, and the reason I call it the 'effective release' is because that's when all the files are being downloaded; that's when all the game-wide changes are happening, regardless of KotFE ownership or not).

I've always been a hater of how MMO PVP like this works, that is "stat gear" based PVP. At least in the casual WZ/open world sense - a bolster that makes everyone as even as possible would work best imo for casual WZ's. Thus no more worries if I want to jump into doing PVP that you are beating me down regardless of if I'm better than you or not simple because your gear gives you superior stats - if you beat me down I know you are more skilled than me if gear isn't an issue.

I imagine still rewards gear/expertise etc. because not sure if I would want to carry my idea over to competitive/ranked play since they seem happy enough as it is but even then I still don't truly see the point of gear in PVP beyond grinding and as we learn from far more popular PVP games ... grinding doesn't need to be a thing, people will grind and play just to get more skilled but if you gearing turns them off in the first place ... well you've got an issue.

I would say sorry for going off topic but seeing as it's all pretty much "anti level sync" in a topic on combat changes I don't think it's really off topic.

I'm honestly surprised how much outrage there is over it ... I personally don't believe half the people god moded the content very much to warrant their outrage for it. Just seems sour grapes over losing the ability to "just in case they felt like it"

I don't like the idea of being forced to level on certain planets during certain levels. My class's Chapter 1 contact (with the ship terminal) even says I could go to Balmorra/Taris or Nar Shaddaa, or to Tatooine or Alderaan, and yet usually people will go to Balmorra/Taris first, and to Tatooine first. Does the dialog change if you do this? It actually does! Did you know that? The way the current system works, most people never will. How sad is that :(

I did not know this no, interesting.

Curious do you know if level sync will work in reverse? So say I am 10 levels too low for 1 of my 3 options and do choose to go there will it level sync me up to actually make it a viable option or would I need grind out a bit more exp myself?

Reason I ask because if the dialogue does change to suit your choices in a significant manner ( without breaking story ) then it makes no sense for them to level it level restricted any more since sync could make that a real choice. I would hate to have to grind up using sync to be able to make the choice ... seems a little anti climatic to using a system in place that could help me not needing to grind.

I don't know, with all the emphasis they've given to Heroic missions it seems like that'll be a pretty big part of Conquest too. Granted I think Heroic missions are becoming weekly completions, but that just means that the more characters you have in the guild, the more you'll be able to run them.

I see your point but that could have always been the case except crafting was easiest due to the point vs time factor etc. I imagine heroics will be a nice way to get your weekly etc. but PVP/GSF will become the new crafting of conquest for guilds solely set on winning.

It's a shame really and a really stupid choice by bioware ( unless they change something ) because already I've seen quite a few people in chat planning how they're basically going to go about doing conquest now and it's really going to ruin casual PVP games for players ( again unless BW get tough and start dishing out bans to non ranked griefers etc. ). I won't go into details though in case I give people ideas but it's sort of obvious how it will go for those so inclined to ruin other peoples fun solely for conquest points.

Eh, easier said than done. It could function in the same way as World Bosses in the system you described, however it'd be awfully strange for you to be questing and suddenly you've activated an unexpected system, and you're like "oh, it's one of those clearly-special mobs, I have to treat this differently". I don't know, it just doesn't seem like the ideal reaction or the ideal solution.

On the contrary, it would have to be at the level of the planet, as all mobs will need to be (like Alderaan Bonus Series mobs, like Base Guards, etc), otherwise you'd be force-synced down to, say, 28 (ie: Tatooine; I presume this is the sync level of that planet, at least) but your enemies would still be 65. I don't know if they said they're using old planets for KotFE stuff... I think they said they are, but I can't remember where I saw/read/heard that, so don't consider it as fact at this point. I would certainly love to see something like that, for sure.

The problem you get then is you end up with people on the planet who are effectively interfering with the future because they can kill mobs from future content they shouldn't have encountered yet.

I hope they do use the old planets and 2 ways they can do it ( and rather simply ) is instance it of course or make an exhaustion type zone for the new content where level sync switches off. Thus you have 65 content on a 28 planet but the people doing the 28 content legit can't really go do the 65 content without getting smashed.

Similar to the dread seed stuff or heroic stuff, there was a border mechanic to tell you when you were entering a "dangerous" heroic area so simply have that switch off the level sync when crossed.

Either way I hope they use the old planets though my least favoured option is having me fight level 28 mobs from the level 65 content though they are only numbers to be fair.

I'd say it would even decrease the amount of people who are willing to help.

When I told my girlfriend about level sync, first words out of her mouth were, "How do they expect me to help someone who is under-geared, under-leveled and doesn't know what they are doing? That's stupid!" And that is someone who spends 75-80% of her time helping others.

Oh I don't know maybe by actually teaching people instead of carrying them? These changes as I see it are going to help make more knowledgeable, end game players than what we currently get after they've run through all the content.

Too often people just can't even learn the best way stats work and mix up roles ( I'll use tank stats AND dps stats so I can be hard to hit and hit hard ) and breeze through god mode content or being carried thinking they have the game sorted, no worries and are probably even being trained by people with the same outlook because it's all so easy.

Then they finally get to end game, try some non god mode content out and get totally owned and wonder why.

That's even before we go into things like rotations etc. etc. - it's going to be a long road but changes like this in the long run are going to help make poeple be better prepared for end game content.

If that means people who only love god modeing content like your GF get fed up and stop playing then so be it, this is the direction BW are going in and I personally support it if only because I prefer to actually teach people how to play and be better and not carry them and their misconceptions through content.

You won't damage someone in pvp gear if you have none, realistically speaking.

In the example I stated, you really think level sync would have stopped both of them from killing me? I stated that example because that was one of the few times I was actually ganked by a high level, the other time before that was at launch when my girlfriend and I got camped one day by 3 level 50s on Tat when we were 25.. Know how that went? They died about as much we did because we knew how to use the base guards and companions to fight them. Later on that evening we were going for the sandcrawler datacron. Those same imps were killing every pub there, except us, because we gave them a fight and earned their respect. Suffice to say we were the only pubs to get the crons that day.

So yeah plenty of people do, but if you don't freak and realize it is just a game and you did roll on a PvP server, often times those same people wind up being helpful if not friendly afterwards. Besides ganking doesn't exist anymore because 95% of the population plays on PvE servers now, using that as a reason for a level sync is a very poor reason. You don't want to get ganked, roll on PvE server and don't flag yourself, you don't need level sync for that.

... again what does any of that have to do with expertise? What does expertise even have to do with level sync?

Expertise doesn't get scaled or does get scaled or whatever then PVP gear is almost al;ways going to beat non PVP gear. That's always been true and will most likely still be true but is really besides the point and seems to be a rather strawman concept to the original concept of "ganking" that level sync will help stop.

What level sync stops is a person who is 65 beating down a person who is 40 solely because they want to regardless of gear. Sure even with sync that 65 is going to still have an edge of abilities and some stats when they get synced but if they are both PVE gear then that's going to be a much closer fight.

Even on a PVP server it should come out the same one would think because the only way it wouldn't is if they just didn't bother scaling expertise at all ( that'd be pretty silly and more an issue with Bioware's thought process than an issue with level sync because status quo remains - 65 kills a 40 ).

Net result no matter how you try strawman is that level sync WILL REDUCE ganking.

Note: words colored in LemonChiffon are not the exact words used, but a recommendation from my side.

Stat Changes

These changes include:

• The 4 primary stats (STR, WILL, CUNN, AIM) is replaced by Power Mastery.
  • Endurance gives more HP/pts (@ lvl65+). We felt that HPs were low compared to DPS.
  • Surge & Crit. Rating chance is replaced by Critical Mastery. It determines both your chance to critically hit, and the damage bonus in case you do. Abilities that automatically critically hit now convert any Critical Hit beyond 100% into additional critical damage.
  • Base accuracy is now 100% (not 90%).
  • Power and Defense share the same slot on modifications

To equalize the hit chances and to combine all primary stats is a good thing. But the combination of crit. chance and surge is hardly reasonable. IMO it's less an issue than raising Alacrity while still having a static heat management (f.e. a passive regeneration bonus) and a constant trigger rate for 'over-time' effects.

And using the same justification, you could simplify // combine many other things as well. F.e.

• Why not combine Shield Chance and Shield Absorb and call it Shield Mastery?
  • Why not combine Hit chance & Crit. chance and call it Aiming Mastery?
  • Why not combine Penetration and Critical Mastery in a way that crit. hits don't increase damage, but bypass defense.
  • Why not combine armor, damage reduction and HPs into a single stat called Protection Mastery? All three stats just define how much percentual hitpoints you'll lose => how many hits you can sustain until you go down. But in the end, it doesn't matter whether you had more HPs, more armor or just a better damage reduction to begin with.

Put to the extreme, we could have:

Power Mastery: How much damage you deal in case you hit.

Protection Mastery: How much damage you can sustain.

Aiming Mastery: Determines the chances to hit and to score a 'glancing' or 'perfect' hit.

Evasion Mastery: Determines the chances to take less damage or to avoid a hit completely.

So the question would be, where to stop the simplification?

Planet Level Sync

We add a new system called Level Sync. When you are above the level recommendation for a planet, your character will be scaled down. This includes Stats, Armor and Weapon Damage, but not Skills, Abilities and Utilities.

This is about two parts...

Removing the XP penality for being over-leveled

Automatically included. So in the end, it's just another XP boost. Unless a player skips quests, the discrepancy just got worse for the next planets to come.

Prevent players to become overpowered

A protection against bots, material farmers and boringness. Soloing field bosses, one-shotting normal bosses or bypassing all the other mobs is just lame... (well, the last part is already the case with stealth classes).

To sum it up: BioWare is simply removing quests and justifies it by keeping them optional. However, if you would still take these 'optional' quests, you reach lvl50+ by far too soon... long before you complete the main story.

So the question than is, why not to overhaul the whole XP system? F.e. why limit it to planets? What about flashpoints? And why is there such a high XP reward for sneaking past all the mobs, instead of raising the XP per monster once per day?

Experience and Grouping

We felt it's important that we let players group up with whomever they want while still being able to make progress. So:

• XP rewards are no longer split between members of a group.
  • XP rewards are now based on the level difference between character and NPC.

I warn you! DON'T DO THAT!!!

The important factor in a game isn't how much XP you get per monster, but how much XP you get per minute. Two players will have twice the DPS combined and will therefore be twice as fast! That's why experience is splitted among group members.... to keep the XP per time ratio intact.

F.e. if you do not split the XP reward, a single player could invite other (stealth) characters that wouldn't have to do anything, just leech some XP. For the one who does the whole job, it would be just as if he's on his own, and the others enjoy the free benefits.

So if you want to keep the game balanced, don't make single players suffer because they didn't formed a team that would give them the same XP while being twice or three-times as fast.

Temporary Ability Bars & Ability Replacements

Players get access to special hotbar with abilities that are only available for a short time (like 'Throw the Huttball'). This will open up new possibilities for us to do some more interesting content in the future!

Speaking of trying to reduce some ability bar clutter: Direct upgrades or replacements (that shouldn't have been a unique ability on their own to begin with) do now replace the original version automatically. F.e. Lethal Shot replaces Snipe.

Whenever you abandon your discipline (which shouldn't have been possible either), the older ability will return to you.

SWTOR is a game where your toolbar is messed up with plenty of useless abilities. F.e., couldn't you have bound the 'Emergency fleet pass' or 'mount your ride' action to a normal key (just like opening the minimap) instead of a hotbar?

And why do players get that many similar or situational abilities to start with? Does it really take a special skill usuable only if the target is below X% HP? Couldn't this have been a passive or triggered effect? What about Guard or the team buffs? Do you feel more connected to your team if you activate a skill every 60min? Why not skip them?

But of course, the natural way is to invent just another toolbar for even more skills.

Companions

• Companions now all have 3 roles (DPS/Healer/Tank) you can choose from on the fly
  • Their ability set is determined by the weapon type they use
  • Their stats are purely based on their level, gear will just effect their look

Although this allows a player to choose the companion more freely, it still leaves a bad taste:

Why do they have different roles to begin with? F.e. if I want to play a tank, I choose this willingly to sustain more damage. But in most cases, it's better to switch to the DPS subtype and let the companion heal you. Even as a healer (f.e. Combat Medic), it's more effective to use your own DPS abilities and let the companion heal you than to chose a tank companion you have to take care of.

Therefore, a companion role actually destroys the class roles. And that means, players will learn the wrong thing. A DPS character f.e. might jump into any crowd because the companion will keep him alive. And in most cases, there is no need to patch yourself up between the fights.

So in my opinion, the different roles of your companions highlight the conceptual mistakes of the normal classes.

Great. I just came back to the game, after a year and a half off. I heard it was going to get allot better! I heard that they had added story content and were planning to greatly expand upon it. I had left because there was no storyline content, to speak of after the main class stories ended.

Now, before that story can really take off (BTW - Revan was very very good, the wife and I loved it!) you are totally wrecking it with this planet sync thing.

- Firstly, something like this needs an off switch. The reason I don't go back to Balmora has NOTHING to do with me not getting XP and EVERYTHING to do with farming mats, helping guildies get gear / finish quests, etc..

- Second, focus on the main event. Get the new stuff rolled out, bug fixed, invested and addressed - then come back and foul up the old part of the game for everyone that is 60. You have a great deal ahead of you and if you think there will be no bugs to fix when the XPack rolls out then you would be mistaken. It will certainly have problems. Now there won't be any place to go and kill time, because that too will be unplayable (in the sense that many would choose).

- Finally, tell the truth! Please, just tell the truth. This is how you stop farming and power leveling the low level areas. Well, I believe in that you shall indeed succeed. Fortunately I just renew sub every three months so, I may be able to put it back on the shelf for a year or so and see how this pans out.

- Unless the OFF Button gets added to Planet Sync in the next two months.

"...Companions no longer generate any stats from gear, their stats are purely based on the level of the companion, so you can dress them up however you want. Accordingly, equipment slots that didn't have any effect on visibility have been removed from companions. Companions will still need a weapon in order to activate their abilities, but the stats of the weapon won't matter."

I think, it's not the best idea. Another words, I can give any white gun/ sword to my companion and it fits?

I liked to find or buy greater guns to make companions more heplful, dress them up into blue/ purple things to get target stats. Now they become just walking dolls... :confused:

I would suggest to allow additional damage from green/ blue/ purple guns accordingly.

Still no devs response? Enjoy your downlevel, my little Siths and fellow Agents. Enjoy stripping your power out. Enjoy your lvl65 Wrath of the Dark Intellingence Hunter eaten alive by klor'slug larva on Korriban.

A prime example of the tin foil hat crowd.

You watched the live stream. You saw Eric wearing AVERAGE armor and eating a Heroic alive while in sync. He pretty much one-shot heroic mobs in the video, and his gear was average. it wasn't even that great. Yet you refuse to believe what you clearly saw in front of your face because of conspiracy theory. "THE WORLD IS AGAINST ME! OMG!"

Sorry to say it but if you get "eaten alive by klor'slug larva on Korriban", you have some SERIOUS problems with your character and you should probable think about changing games or something.

Well, plenty of other games for you to play. Here's one I recommend for you: http://www.hellokittyonline.com/

Enjoy!!!

Edited by Faelandaea

Enjoy!!!

I was sarcasmed by professionals. You don't even try.

You can think what you want, but de-level still feels like a humiliation for me. I think I'm not alone here.

If the whole point of this leveling down our characters was to encourage players visit storyline planets, it will be a total fail. I do not want to lose level of my capped characters, I feel bad for it, I do not need it. If I want to revisit planet on its actual level, I pick another alt.

The optional LS seems ok. The mandatory - total fail.