Cartel Market Changes Coming in Fallen Empire!

TaitWatson

Since you're revamping the CM and all, can we finally get CM dyes in Collections please?

So in most other games you just equip and unequip dyes/shaders/etc. separately. Dyes came out in 2.1, they've sucked enough $$$$ from folks already. I'd love to see these added to collections as well.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

even if i didn't take part in the rep grind, i think it uncool to take away the items people may be after who did engage in this rep. Grind. Why not just add them to the pack and have them on the vendor for those who reached max.

^ this

so did i read this right? 2 items per crate now, 1 an armor/mount/decoration, the other a gift? And it's using a pool of every released armor, ever? Do they really think people are going to buy into that?

And taking out reputation vendor items after people spent real money to max out that reputation is a despicable action. This developer team is so out of touch with reality on so many levels it's mind boggling.

x - signed

While most of the changes seem ...interesting, I have a question concerning the following change to packs and I quote:

"Two items per pack – Each pack now only has two items in it. One item will be from the bullet above, a mount or some other “bigger” item. The other item slot will be a Grade 5 rare or artifact level Companion gift. "

Does this mean that you will be removing the 'Jawa Junk', cartel certificates and the reputation items? If so, why? If we could get a bit more clarification on this change, please, I'd appreciate it. Thank you.

EDIT: Errr, I should have read previous posts. Sorry. What they said, x's many.

Edited by Eranna
Should have read other posts.

Hypercrates are going from 144 items to 60 items? How is this what the player base wants?

You need to explain pricing models. Is the armor piece a complete set or just one piece? What is happening to my certs and jawa junk?

These questions must be answered or it sounds like a blatant cash grab.

I rarely post, but I had to log in to say these changes are disgusting. You, the folks at Bioware, should be ashamed at how you treat the people who keep this game alive. Not sure I want to play in this new swtor you people are spawning, there was enough greedy CM practise before, but this? Genuinely disgusting behaviour, and you've got the balls to pretend this is for the players benefit?

You're a collection of *********** liars and you damn well know it.

I'm in the same boat as you. I don't post very much myself. However, after reading through this post, and having to carefully parse the language, it's clear that these changes are nothing short of disgusting and a disservice to an amazingly loyal customer base. It's money grubbing -- pure and simple. :mad:

Huh...interesting...

Is the price per pack remaining the same? If we're dropping to only 2 items per pack (vs. 5), obviously they don't have nearly the same value. We currently receive far more than what you're reducing it to...hell, I've even gotten 2 speeders or 2 armor pieces/sets in packs before.

well to be honest, the other "items" that were often in there were

1) boosts

2) junk filler sets

however, I tend to be a bit concerned if we're paying full price and are getting say 1 item and chance for it to be bronze/silver/gold.

just imagine how sales would drop if every pack you opened was some antique socorro blaster rifle Dorn/Besh

open a dozen packs and get a dozen ball toss or dozen banners. Buy a hyper crate with 30 packs, all 30 packs contain mix of ball toss, red eyes, banner, titles. Looking to get a nice decoration 30 packs of wall lights, ceiling lights, wall sconces, going to be rather annoying quickly.

now if they are getting rid of say some of the junk stuff it might be a good thing...i will be cautious at best, especially when realized i was spending $100 a month on crates, before...now, that might be significantly less.

well to be honest, the other "items" that were often in there were

1) boosts

2) junk filler sets

however, I tend to be a bit concerned if we're paying full price and are getting say 1 item and chance for it to be bronze/silver/gold.

Which all had value, even space XP boosts sell. Major/Minor XP boosts were the best, jawa junk has value in that it's one item that can be MANY items, so it has value in my bank vaults.

This is a ridiculous change and I can't wait to see it backfire.

If I understand this correctly, a person can now purchase an armor-only pack, etc?

If so, that's the single most fantastic change to the piss-poor cartel market ever. And, as someone who loathes cash shops, that's high-praise.

Not really, just wait til you buy and open those boxes only to get an inventory full of those god awful cybernetic sets you cant even -give- away...

Edited by XiamaraSimi

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

Based on a lot of the feedback we have been seeing I noticed I missed a few details in the blog.

- Any existing pack in your bank/inventory will not be affected by any of these changes.

- Armor Sets from the Monthly Cartel Packs will come in 3 lootboxes (Upper, Lower, Auxiliary).

- Bronze, Silver, and Gold Armor Packs will contain full armor sets.

- The new Shipment will not have a reputation associated with it.

- Any item that was specific to a reputation (aka not available in a pack) will continue to be available for purchase from the associated Reputation vendor.

- Reputations from previous Shipments will still be made available through the packs on the GTN and Grand Shipment Packs that will return the the market from time to time.

As with all things Cartel Market, things are subject to change based on your feedback.

Dan Bunten

Cartel Market Producer

Which all had value, even space XP boosts sell. Major/Minor XP boosts were the best, jawa junk has value in that it's one item that can be MANY items, so it has value in my bank vaults.

This is a ridiculous change and I can't wait to see it backfire.

i wasn't necessarily disagreeing with you...you're just too used to it I guess :)

i'm cautious, many of the items were junk at best (yes they sold but just barely at the point where it was worth it, more often I just ended up destroying them). Trying to sell 3 stacks of 99 minor conversation boosts, or minor exploration boosts, at 10 or 15 credits each after a week of listing them just wasn't worth the effort ( I would rather just vendor the stuff). when my "rare" item was a "massive credit boon of 70k" on a toon with over 15 million I tended to just kind of roll my eyes and say oh well sometimes its the car..some times its the zonk/goat

I would hope they 1) increase the quality of items or 2) decrease the price, ideally both.

Hey folks,

Based on a lot of the feedback we have been seeing I noticed I missed a few details in the blog.

- Any existing pack in your bank/inventory will not be affected by any of these changes.

- Armor Sets from the Monthly Cartel Packs will come in 3 lootboxes (Upper, Lower, Auxiliary).

- Any item that was specific to a reputation (aka not available in a pack) will continue to be available for purchase from the associated Reputation vendor.

- Reputations from previous Shipments will still be made available through the packs on the GTN and Grand Shipment Packs that will return the the market from time to time.

As with all things Cartel Market, things are subject to change based on your feedback.

Dan Bunten

Cartel Market Producer

Good additional info; appreciated. Still curious myself, what about Cartel Certificates in the new shipments?

Edited by azudelphi

Well done, Bioware. Well done.

You are progressing beautifully in answering the question "Just how pathetic do we have to be before we can turn STAR WARS into a money-loser?"

I've been subbed since launch - just cancelled due to this blatant, obscene cash-grab. And since I am of the philosophy that any gaming company is only as good as its last transaction, I'll be particularly wary about purchasing any other Bioware/EA products.

So, yes - do keep reaching deeper and deeper into your customers' pockets, giving them less and less in return. Any idiot who sticks with you afterward richly deserves all they get.

Adios.

Edited by Highborne

Players have been asking for a long time to have more access to previously released items and packs that are no longer available on the market, so we are going to make everything available on the market at all times (more details on that below).

So that eliminates speculation. Players who bought, for example, Gold Scalene Armor would sit on it for a few months and wait for the price to go up as it got more rare, then sell it for credits. And something like the Sensuous Dress Set, which has never to my knowledge reappeared on the Market, now goes for 10 million credits or more. It looks like that practice will be eliminated. Now that's either a good thing or a bad thing, depending on what end of the equation you are looking at. But that "feature" of the market has been there since the beginning and removing it is going to affect the nature of the market considerably.

The real question is whether these new packs will be priced the same as the current packs, or whether they will drop in price somewhat (perhaps to the level of the previous smaller packs). The number of items in the packs has been steadily falling. The most common items are simply re-colors of existing items and therefore aren't desirable to much of anyone. The new and popular designs are ridiculously rare and expensive. I stopped buying cartel coins a while ago because it just wasn't worth it. These changes aren't luring me back.

Very welcome change;

• We will occasionally bring pack highly sought after pack items, such as the Temple Guardian Armor Set or the Dune Sea Bantha, as short term direct sales. This way, if you don’t want to take a chance in buying a Grand Pack, you can just directly buy that item outright.

Good changes;

• The ability to filter items in Collections.
  • The Collections interface will now start out automatically collapsed.
  • The number of Outfit pieces that you have unlocked will be displayed.
  • You can now purchase collection unlocks on the character that originally unlocked the item.
  • Currently, we use the terms ‘Rare’, ‘Super Rare’, and ‘Ultra Rare’. Moving forward with Knights of the Fallen Empire, these rarities will be changed to ‘Bronze’, ‘Silver’, and ‘Gold’. We are hoping that this will help address any confusion over what rarity level any specific item is.
  • Better quality items in each pack – The baseline pack items will now primarily be Armor, Mounts/Vehicles, Decorations, and Toys. We will add other item types as well, but only when they are high-demand items.
  • New Superpack – The new Superpack contains 5 packs, allowing another option on purchasing packs. In case you want more than one, but less than a Hypercrate. Speaking of…
  • Hypercrates – Hypercrates are still around, but they now contain 30 packs so you can get even more chances to get that rare item you are hunting for!
  • Pack Embargos – When a monthly pack is removed from the Cartel Market, it is unlikely to return to the market in that form. However, the specific items that are found in that pack are all automatically placed in their corresponding Bronze, Silver or Gold Pack.
  • We have rearranged the storefront categories to be more in-line with the new Cartel Market plan. This new layout will also make it easier to find the categories players look for most.

The really think this change is a BAD idea;

• Two items per pack – Each pack now only has two items in it. One item will be from the bullet above, a mount or some other “bigger” item. The other item slot will be a Grade 5 rare or artifact level Companion gift.

That last one is not a good change, not even remotely. What I would prefer to see is the following from packs -

1. Armor or Mounts/Vehicles (Bronze / Silver or Gold)
  2. Decoration or Toy/Emote. (Bronze / Silver or Gold)
  3. Major or Minor Experience Boost.
  4. Jawa Junk Item (Green / Blue / Purple) or Companion Gift (Grade 5 rare or artifact)

Placing less into the packs when they are purchased for real money? Please feel free to justify putting less into the packs, the RNG on what rarity of the items has always kicked a lot of players in the proverbials, so placing less into them will likely not be that well received by those paying for them.

As a subscriber its just annoying that you sell evbery new armour in the cartellmarket..."less direct sales"...oh so you have to buy dozens of silly "look if something useful is in it" Packs to get the armour we want? We want MORE direct sales...and less of this silly "who knows whats now in it" Packs.

Why is it IMPOSSIBLE to put most of the armours as prizes fir achievements INGAME? (only for Subs of course)

A few style armours in the Cartellmarket...OKAY:..but every new armour is ONLY available in the silly Cartellmarket...

Bronze packs = chance at a Bronze, Silver, or Gold Item

Silver packs = chance at Silver or Gold Item

Gold packs = Gold item

Unless the price difference is significant I fear you may have inadvertently reversed the rarity of the items.

If I go for the gusto and buy gold packs I will at a later date need to shell out more effort and cash to fill in my collection holes of bronze and silver items that will now be at a premium.

I may be really confused here and just not understand the format yet.

Very welcome change;

• We will occasionally bring pack highly sought after pack items, such as the Temple Guardian Armor Set or the Dune Sea Bantha, as short term direct sales. This way, if you don’t want to take a chance in buying a Grand Pack, you can just directly buy that item outright.

Good changes;

• The ability to filter items in Collections.
  • The Collections interface will now start out automatically collapsed.
  • The number of Outfit pieces that you have unlocked will be displayed.
  • You can now purchase collection unlocks on the character that originally unlocked the item.
  • Currently, we use the terms ‘Rare’, ‘Super Rare’, and ‘Ultra Rare’. Moving forward with Knights of the Fallen Empire, these rarities will be changed to ‘Bronze’, ‘Silver’, and ‘Gold’. We are hoping that this will help address any confusion over what rarity level any specific item is.
  • Better quality items in each pack – The baseline pack items will now primarily be Armor, Mounts/Vehicles, Decorations, and Toys. We will add other item types as well, but only when they are high-demand items.
  • New Superpack – The new Superpack contains 5 packs, allowing another option on purchasing packs. In case you want more than one, but less than a Hypercrate. Speaking of…
  • Hypercrates – Hypercrates are still around, but they now contain 30 packs so you can get even more chances to get that rare item you are hunting for!
  • Pack Embargos – When a monthly pack is removed from the Cartel Market, it is unlikely to return to the market in that form. However, the specific items that are found in that pack are all automatically placed in their corresponding Bronze, Silver or Gold Pack.
  • We have rearranged the storefront categories to be more in-line with the new Cartel Market plan. This new layout will also make it easier to find the categories players look for most.

The really think this change is a BAD idea;

• Two items per pack – Each pack now only has two items in it. One item will be from the bullet above, a mount or some other “bigger” item. The other item slot will be a Grade 5 rare or artifact level Companion gift.

That last one is not a good change, not even remotely. What I would prefer to see is the following from packs -

1. Armor or Mounts/Vehicles (Bronze / Silver or Gold)
  2. Decoration or Toy/Emote. (Bronze / Silver or Gold)
  3. Major or Minor Experience Boost.
  4. Jawa Junk Item (Green / Blue / Purple) or Companion Gift (Grade 5 rare or artifact)

Placing less into the packs when they are purchased for real money? Please feel free to justify putting less into the packs, the RNG on what rarity of the items has always kicked a lot of players in the proverbials, so placing less into them will likely not be that well received by those paying for them.

On your issue, if the price was decreased to reflect the change, would that be better for you?

On your issue, if the price was decreased to reflect the change, would that be better for you?

If the price was halved to reflect that you're essentially getting, well half the items, then perhaps. It would need to be a significantly noticeable drop in price though (not the permanent 30% off that we see, more like 65% off the current pricing model)

Hey folks,

Dan Bunten

Cartel Market Producer

Nope, you're still missing the points as per *********** usual. I don't know whether you don't want to see or if you just don't know what you're doing.