Level synch = death of SWTOR

Tahra

They are not going to make a change to what is now a fundamental functionality of the game simply because a few forum malcontents keep complaining about it. Do you really think making level sync optional is simply a matter of changing "levelSyncOptional=0" to "levelSyncOptional=1" in a file somewhere?

So they are incapable of coding it? Is that what you think. You think this is some fundamental function and instead works more like a bloster system but the other way.

This isn't some game changing code added in that breaks if they touch it or turn it off. Just like 12X or bbolster, it could very easily been done as optional.

If you dislike it so much, cancel your sub. If you are not willing to do that, why should they care if you don't like it?

After the story and I hit end game I'll probably have to. Sure I might level an alt but what else will there be to do? Hit that 4+ year old content again? Run those 1 to 4 year old ops again? As if this game needed that kind of grind added in.

So yea, I have no doubt it will come down to being preferred cause no, I can't say this non-optional change is all that good.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's funnier how you cannot see just how some gamers were done wrong without this being optional.

Spent all that time leveling up toons (especially so if your an older SW player) only to be told that now 4 years later. That content you have been going to or a bit of fun and entertainment, BW thinks is game breaking and you must be down scaled so that old content isn't so easy.

No longer can you farm those low level planets with ease in some personal fun for your enjoyment but some hoop much be there for you to jump though because BW can't be bother to make new end game content. Just story is important.

the real shame is BW had such potential to make both sides of the fence here happy. A bunch of happy gamers. Play the old way you liked and have been or play this new way as well. Best of both worlds.

Bw however, decided that giving one side the middle finger was more important. I guess that is kinda funny the more I think about it.

Old content will be relevant again even if it is just for a little while.

Vets can do content with lowbies at level. Great for grouping, guilds, and replay-ability.

Openworld will have a sense of danger as it should.

Certain achievements will require thought and skill.

WB mechanics and takedowns will mean something.

Openworld PvP will be less of a gank fest.

Level sync is like spinach, good for you and you may even learn to love it.

Oh and btw, making it optional will invalidate it in the open world. It simply will not work. It is an all or none scenario.

Edited by Rafaman

Well, yes, but they have to take 'many' things into consideration and the displeasure of customers who aren't leaving isn't going to rank very high on their list.

I can see it:

"20 people on the forums threatened to cancel their subscriptions if we don't make level sync optional."

"Alert status alpha! <A-wooooga, a-wooooga!!> This is not a drill, repeat, this is not a drill!"

Edited by branmakmuffin

I can see it:

"20 people on the forums threatened to cancel their subscriptions if we don't make level sync optional."

"Alert status alpha! <A-wooooga, a-wooooga!!> This is not a drill, repeat, this is not a drill!"

Yeh exactly that. I do love how 10-20 people on a forum can see themselves as the majority.

I can see it:

And the entire crew looks like Musco.

So we'll say that level synch is optional but it's how I would prefer to play.

I see a resource node but it's guarded and there are other hostiles in the area. I am going to have to fight my way through to get to that resource node and be careful not to aggro more mobs than I have to.

But while I pause to consider my approach, a non-synched character can just walk right up and grab the node without any worry.

If they happen to aggro the mobs the companion will deal with them.

So that leaves me in a spot where I have to now consider not playing how I would prefer because of those that chose otherwise.

The actions of one group affect the choice of the other.

Also there are the "defeat" achievements.

We've all seen those characters, I am sure. The ones that are standing in the middle of a much lower level mob spawn area with their companion by their side? The characters that aren't doing anything but standing there, and then when the mobs spawn and attack the companion takes them all out?

Pretty sure that that is not what Bioware had in mind when they developed those achievements.

=============

So there are a couple of reasons, and others here have come up with more.

Reasons, I think, with some logic supporting them. It goes beyond simply what I (or they) want and into whether or not something is fair to everyone or whether the current (non-synched) system is working as intended.

Now, how about the anti-synchers come up with reasons beyond "I don't want to" or "I have my reasons".

All I see is the anti-synch crowd resorting to name-calling and gross exaggerations.

Edited by Mithros

Oh and btw, making it optional will invalidate it in the open world. It simply will not work. It is an all or none scenario.

No it's not.

Different instances of planets for synced and non-synced people. People in a non-synced version can't do the heroics.

Problem solved for you Bioware. Make it optional please.

Edited by Tahra

No it's not.

Different instances of planets for synced and non-synced people. People in a non-synced version can't do the heroics.

Lol. Now it is you who made a nice try. That will not work in an Openworld. WBs and Heroics. Instancing planets so you will have instances inside of instances? Lol.

Edited by Rafaman

Yeh exactly that. I do love how 10-20 people on a forum can see themselves as the majority.

I'd love to see the number of subscription ended actually. Of course we never will and Bioware will say everything's fine even when their desks would be on fire.

No it's not.

Yeh let's split the player base into separate versions of the game. What a fantastic idea.

Yes, I was being sarcastic.

I'd love to see the number of subscription ended actually. Of course we never will and Bioware will say everything's fine even when their desks would be on fire.

Of course we won't but in the end people here will always overestimate their own importance.

So, I'm going to have to work as hard to solo any content in the game at max level as I have to work today to solo Oricon dailies? This is the end of the world as we know it? Because if it is, I feel fine.

Easier, probably, than that since I'll still have a max-level characters rotation and passives in encounters balanced for characters without a full ability set.

Old content will be relevant again even if it is just for a little while.

Vets can do content with lowbies at level. Great for grouping, guilds, and replay-ability.

Openworld will have a sense of danger as it should.

Certain achievements will require thought and skill.

WB mechanics and takedowns will mean something.

Openworld PvP will be less of a gank fest.

Level sync is like spinach, good for you and you may even learn to love it.

Old class and planetary quests aren't suddenly repeatable.

They've always been relevant because of the orange gear drops.

Vets could always do content with lowbies.

Open world could have had that sense of danger had YOU geared down.

WB mechanics could have been had you not taken the easy way out. Again, gear down.

OWPvP? LOL! PvP servers are dead...this doesn't help them or even impact them in any meaningful way.

Level sync isn't like spinach at all...forcing players away from how they've been playing isn't a good thing ever. Change is fine...destroying solo players isn't.

Why would it invalidate it in the OW if it were optional? Because some people wouldn't do it? DUH!

They've changed plenty of thing in the past based on player feedback. Disliking descaling doesn't mean a player dislikes the game bran.

I think I've only seen one or two people who are actually unhappy with the scaling per se. Like you, most posters advocating against the change simply want it to be optional.

So, let me summarize why I will likely leave this game, because this is honestly just getting ridiculous.

Lack of support for pvp.

Lack of support for RPers

Lack of support for Raiders

Lack of support for MMO PVE'rs

Dumbing down of stats

Homogenization of companions

BW lying about how your companions will really matter in the expansion

BW's inability to get rid of gold sellers / bots

BW's inability to get rid of speed hackers

BW's inability to implement ANY new events -what- so ever

No mini games

.....and now this. Seriously, when I am trying to get my datacrons , which will be mandatory with the new stat changes, I do not want to spend 2-4 times the amount of time than it ALREADY takes because of this ridiculous nonsense.

Unless this expansion literally blows my socks off, I don't see any reason to stay, why would you pay 120 euro a year for a pitiful amount of new content and the worst support for a game I have ever seen. There are plenty of games out there that deliver new quality content and support all player bases where 120 euro a year feels justified. I supported this game for 3 years, it is looking pretty bleak at the moment though.

I will also be unsubbing because of this and yes you can have my stuff. There is no point in levels anymore. Part of the appeal of an mmo and a favorite past time of mine is going back to that older content that used to give me trouble and tearing it up. I also don't need the tedium of dealing with these mobs while I am doing an event or maybe just RPing.

I really don't understand all this complaining about this level sync.

I see it as very necessary for the lower planets. How many times has a lower level ask you for help and you go to help them and they get 5 xp for the mobs. That is hurting them in their leveling, whether you want to admit it or not.

Then we have level 60-65 going to the lower level planets, where people are trying to level, and one shooting the mobs and making the ones with actual missions having to wait because we higher levels have to act like idiots because we can one shot something and want to show off.

The heroics are being redone it seems. From what I saw most (if not all) the heroics will be heroics 2 and I have no doubt that I can solo them at whatever level they scale me to due to the fact I still have all my abilities.

Now:

Option

Funny how some of you are screaming for option for this when I remember people that have requested options for grouping in the new expansion for an option to group up and not have to do the missions twice.

Do you remember what some of you told them? Essentially you told them to deal with it and you didn't care that they liked to group up and that is was making them do something twice and yet you want an option for this.

Seems to me that you are asking for the same thing these other people are but yet you expect BW to give you what you want when you told these other people to deal with it.

No, don't give me the excuse that a majority want an option for this, as we all know most of the ones arguing for the options are the same ones, over and over, and that does not make a majority.

If they give an option for this, then they need to give an option to those that have been requesting a option for their grouping a lot longer than you have.

I don't care if they give an option but I think if they do they give it to both groups to be fair about the options, whether or not you like the idea or not.

No one group is more important than the others. If one gets an option then the other as well.

Have a great weekend.