Anger

CrazyOldMystic

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's the GTN. Bioware isn't making a profit here. The players are. The players set the prices based on supply and demand. If other players won't buy at those prices, the price will go down.

Your best bet here is to watch the GTN closely. Sooner or later you will see a set that is affordable. Either a White Knight will post a set or someone will make a mistake and post the set lower than intended, and that's when you pounce. Just set the price you are willing to pay and have some patience. Same thing happened to me with the Sensuous Dress set. Players had the price at 10 million. I picked off the parts as I saw them with lower prices and waited for the chest. It took a few weeks, but it finally happened and I got the whole thing for under 3 million.

Your "anger" here is unwarranted. Bioware gets a commission, of course, but is otherwise not involved in these transactions. To blame them is ludicrous. And to call people "fanboys" because they point out the stupidity of your position is just laughable. Spend your energy learning how the system works rather than expressing your anger, which does no one any good, including yourself.

You're angry? No. You're just expressing your own limited understanding of the issue. Nobody cares.

One million creds for the boots? I dumped over 16 million into getting the vehicles I've always wanted (the entire Walkhar family.) Supply and demand. Look it up.

Credits aren't hard to get, even for me, and I'm by no means a hardcore player, I'm a "filthy casual".

Edited by Diefenbaker

Awhile back I posted a thread on what was going to happen. The fanboys of course did their best to discredit my claims. It turns out I was right. The Havoc squad armor, something troopers have been waiting for since day one launch of this game, is drastically overpriced on the gtn. One million credits+ for the boots alone, after having spent the three million on getting the rest. My intention with this thread

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=824950&highlight=crossed+line was to end this madness before it was released, and to continue the fight. However after the community manager buried the thread in the off topic discussion, that was not going to happen.

I returned today to find out the fate of this armor, and because a friend mentioned having some fun in said game. Now all I feel is hate. The arrogance of gaming companies is beyond measure. I do not expect them to cater to my every whim or will, and or anyone else for that matter. Something you show in your trailers on a regular basis should be available to the population at large. Not set up as a ultra rare drop in some random cartel pack, so that the trooper population can get exploited. Exploitation definition here" the action or fact of treating someone unfairly in order to benefit from their work". That work being the credits we earn, that work being all the months we slugged a away in the hell hole of a game looking for that armor. Only to end up with this.

The point, why post? I post because this whole situation is not right, and that is my opinion alone, unless someone else out there shares it too. I will not speak for anyone else but myself.

Would you say, that their actions are a "slap in the face"?

Awhile back I posted a thread on what was going to happen. The fanboys of course did their best to discredit my claims. It turns out I was right. The Havoc squad armor, something troopers have been waiting for since day one launch of this game, is drastically overpriced on the gtn.

"CrazyOldMystic's characters can't afford it" != "drastically overpriced." If a luxury item sells, then it is by definition not overpriced.

Edited by branmakmuffin

Wow I never get mad about SWTOR let alone a vanity item. Hell the Havok armor looks like crap anyway and not like the trailers at all. There are tons of better looking Trooper armors out there.

Have to agree there.

I have a Trooper from a long long long time ago who is outfitted in a mix of Boltblaster, Master Striker, and Tionese gear and looks great. I just rolled a new one since it has been years and outfitted him from head to foot in Classic Despot with dye and he looks great as well.

The "Trooper" Stuff that you can get does not look to great to me. But to each his/her own. I just priced the gear on the Shadowlands GTN and the complete set will cost you between 1.25M and 1.5M. That is not bad at all or excessive. One person said to shop different servers and that is great advise. I have characters on four and when I want a rare item that can be put in collections, I shop them all. You would be shocked at the price differences and definitely can cut the costs by shopping around.

PS - It does not make any sense to get mad. I am sure that no one at BW cares and most people on the forum will just ask, Can I have your stuffz?

This thread and title remind me of those disgusting framed motivational posters that are still found in too many offices. I'd gladly hang this one on my walls though since it would be OP dressed like a trooper elbow-dropping people.

Sorry OP I didn't catch it all. Do you need a mil for boots? If you're on SL I'll buy them for you. No IOU or ERP required.

Things are overpriced because a majority of the community is willing to pay said prices. I've got a 3 tab legacy hold and 2 toon's 4 tab banks full of cartel gear that I'm just waiting to put on the gtn for big creds.

Point is I want the Jarael set but I'm not going to pay current ebon hawk prices for it, so I'll wait, if I don't get it so be it I've got other sets my Sith/Jedi can wear.

I'm more angry about the fact that this armor looks like **** in the actual game. The greaves look like yoga pants, the boots are too small, the gloves are okay but that backpack looks retarded. It's too close to the back and too large on anything but a body type 4 male. The mine thing on the chest also scales poorly and the helmet looks like it was made fo the helmet of one of those banking clan guys, not a human.

I don't care how much it costs. Money is easy to come by in this game. The fact that this armor looks like **** is a bigger problem.

Edited by Spamfritter

That work being the credits we earn, that work being all the months we slugged a away in the hell hole of a game looking for that armor. Only to end up with this. .

If you despise this game so much that you describe it as a "hell hole of a game", then why are you here?

I would never waste any time on a game I considered a "hell hole", EVER. If I don't enjoy a game then I leave, quietly and without making any kind of a fuss about it. There are too many games out there to waste one minute on a game I don't enjoy playing.

Why are you paying to play a game you despise and that is hellish to play? And why do you care about vanity cosmetic items in a game that you think deserves such contempt?

Indeed the good looking items are terribly overpriced, but hey that's cosmetics market for you.

Been trying to get that Tulak set for reasonable price for forever. Tough luck so far.

But Havoc armor is really amazing looking so ofc peeps try to get every cent out of it they can. Super good looking.

I am sure many will agree with you, still does not change the fact that gtn prize on any item is set by the person selling it and nothing to do with BW. So as BW can not do anything about GTN prize this is a pointless thread. Why should other players sell it to you cheaply? Some players have spent over £100 on packs to get said item and that real money! I think as most items from packs is pretty much worthless players are going to try to get as much for the few items out of packs the do fetch a lot of credits. I don't blame them at all for doing so.

Your reference to fanboys is where you lost any sympathy from me and to be blunt any credibility. That and saying only fanboys disagree with me well! running out of any thing else to say that wont get me banned.

A player can sell there items for what they like. Saying its not fair is pointless. It be like me saying I cannot buy a Jaguar car, It's not fair. See pointless.

because no ones going to give or sell me a jag for next to nothing. Personally I am not keen on the armor but do have the odd peace or two, I think belt and boots. Not wanted by me so will sell or trade, but which ever I do I will decide for what and how much not other payers like you. If other player don't want at what I list for that's there right to just not buy.

So really a useless thread this is.

Your only saving grace is that at least you said you speak for no one else but yourself.

Edited by SavantDreadtech

I am sure many will agree with you, still does not change the fact that gtn prize on any item is set by the person selling it and nothing to do with BW. So as BW can not do anything about GTN prize this is a pointless thread. Why should other players sell it to you cheaply? Some players have spent over £100 on packs to get said item and that real money! I think as most items from packs is pretty much worthless players are going to try to get as much for the few items out of packs the do fetch a lot of credits. I don't blame them at all for doing so.

Your reference to fanboys is where you lost any sympathy from me and to be blunt any credibility. That and saying only fanboys disagree with me well! running out of any thing else to say that wont get me banned.

A player can sell there items for what they like. Saying its not fair is pointless. It be like me saying I cannot buy a Jaguar car, It's not fair. See pointless.

because no ones going to give or sell me a jag for next to nothing. Personally I am not keen on the armor but do have the odd peace or two, I think belt and boots. Not wanted by me so will sell or trade, but which ever I do I will decide for what and how much not other payers like you. If other player don't want at what I list for that's there right to just not buy.

Your only saving grace is that at least you said you speak for no one else but yourself.

I give to you sir...the internet.

Wow...someone clearly needs to learn how to farm credits or play the GTN to their advantage. Fomo much?

p.s. My Trooper looks boss in his Havoc Squad armor...and so do his comps since I legacy unlocked that set of gear...feel free to come admire them whenever you like.

Wow...someone clearly needs to learn how to farm credits or play the GTN to their advantage. Fomo much?

p.s. My Trooper looks boss in his Havoc Squad armor...and so do his comps since I legacy unlocked that set of gear...feel free to come admire them whenever you like.

I think you found one of the many gripe fests of the week.

Ah a post worth reading. I will only add this.

In this game it is easy, and I mean faceroll easy to earn credits. In one day, you can earn over 500k just doing dailies on two or three planets. So, get up off your butt and earn you beloved armor!

Once that is done you can come back here and complain about dailies. It is a win, win for you.

If you actually wanted the armor set, you'd farm a few mil credits to get it. Its not over priced, it just exceeds what you think it's worth. The oricon trooper armor looks much better anyway, you're welcome. Of course that might not be worth the rep grind for you either. Moral of the story: good stuff is usually locked behind some amount of effort to obtain.

Awhile back I posted a thread on what was going to happen. The fanboys of course did their best to discredit my claims. It turns out I was right. The Havoc squad armor, something troopers have been waiting for since day one launch of this game, is drastically overpriced on the gtn. One million credits+ for the boots alone, after having spent the three million on getting the rest. My intention with this thread

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=824950&highlight=crossed+line was to end this madness before it was released, and to continue the fight. However after the community manager buried the thread in the off topic discussion, that was not going to happen.

I returned today to find out the fate of this armor, and because a friend mentioned having some fun in said game. Now all I feel is hate. The arrogance of gaming companies is beyond measure. I do not expect them to cater to my every whim or will, and or anyone else for that matter. Something you show in your trailers on a regular basis should be available to the population at large. Not set up as a ultra rare drop in some random cartel pack, so that the trooper population can get exploited. Exploitation definition here" the action or fact of treating someone unfairly in order to benefit from their work". That work being the credits we earn, that work being all the months we slugged a away in the hell hole of a game looking for that armor. Only to end up with this.

The point, why post? I post because this whole situation is not right, and that is my opinion alone, unless someone else out there shares it too. I will not speak for anyone else but myself.

i know it sucks. i agree with you. alot of things are overpriced and hard to obtain. i feel the same way about the black/black dyes.. why the hell cant we r /e them BAtches . or at least just give the primary/secondary black dyes to artifce ,. theyr going for up to 8 mil on my server atm. i found a secondary black . for 3 mil the other day and thats the lowest its been in awhile and thats just secondary.

its one of the biggest ways swtor makes money. besides subscribers , they make HELLA bank off Cartel coins. and they put the really cool stuff to drop like 1 in 300 just so its rare and we buy it