Game Update 4.0 Class Changes: Jedi Consular + Sith Inquisitor

TaitWatson

Sorry but warriors and knights already had leap which is already a great gap closer.

Dash = force speed

new tp ability = leap

But stealth is a gap closer too. A mighty one! :)

So....now that all the class 4.0 info is out. When do snipers get their defensive buff?

There is one... on 3 mins cd. Happy farming! :p

Edited by Glower

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also love that sorcs get this at a 45s cooldown, but apparently Imperial Preperation will be so much better that it needs a 3 minute long cooldown for some reason. Oh well, totally no imbalance here...

To be fair, Preparation clears a lot of other cooldowns and gives a small DCD of its own with the utility. It's not bad. Phase Walk is going to be OP or useless depending on the context.

But stealth is a gap closer too. A mighty one! :)

But stealth is only good for opening, if you don't get caught in an AoE damage and lose stealth.

Once you are in combat and your target force speeds away (because everyone will play a sorc now anyway), stealth is not an effective gap closer anymore.

Deception already has 30% AoE DR

I'm well aware of Deception (Iforgot to add that qualifier but thanks for the reminder), however it needs to be a Utility. 1 spec of 3 Sins and 1 of 6 Inquistor Specs is just wrong when all Mercs who have heavy armor 1 spec out of the 2 DPs PT get it. All Snipers get AOE dmg reduction from Entrench (60%). Maras get a utility for it. Same for Operatives. Juggs I forget but they have enough DcDs to be jelly.

Currently Inquistors fare poorly compared to other Classes fair quite poorly on this tiers pinnacle Ops fights (Revan and Cora). TBH, I feel like BW is going for more gimmick with little substance.

Edited by FerkWork

All hail our sorc overlords.

They already have too much mobility, lets just give them more on top of leap immunity with a 60m teleport and being able to move during. Drawbacks? Whats a drawback? This class isn't allowed to have drawbacks. There is no balance. Casting? Pffft, here you can cast on the move. Why make a decision of finishing the cast or kiting? Who needs to think anyways?

Backlash needs to be removed.

Root on knockback needs to be removed.

Casting on the move needs to be removed.

They can keep phase walk and force speed immunity but this class needs to have some damn drawbacks and not have an answer to every damn situation. We need to return to cast vs kiting. The class has enough instants but the main abilities that have a cast time need to require the player to sit still and cast. The class needs to make a decision on when to cast and when to kite. Giving them the ability to do both while also having other strong utilities just breaks this class. Sorcs need to be toned WAY down and this update is just going to make them even more broken than they already are.

But then again, what does BW care? This stuff is all final, there's not beta testing this stuff and BW no longer cares about pvp or even pve anymore. This game is just turning into a single player game anyways.

Edited by Raansu

To be fair, Preparation clears a lot of other cooldowns and gives a small DCD of its own with the utility. It's not bad. Phase Walk is going to be OP or useless depending on the context.

Phase Walking then spamming dark heal is better. I will admit that after one use, Phase Walk will not be very easy to re-plant and use again at least. But they already have Barrier so I don't see why they need Phase Walk as well.

Phase Walking then spamming dark heal is better. I will admit that after one use, Phase Walk will not be very easy to re-plant and use again at least. But they already have Barrier so I don't see why they need Phase Walk as well.

Simple the do not need it, and i hope they won't get it, BIOWARE PLS REWORK THESE CHANGES

There is one... on 3 mins cd. Happy farming! :p

Yeeeeerrrrrno. Actually no, with all these mobility skills people are getting it's going to be very very hard to move without putting yourself into danger. So...aye....3 mins cooldown....sure.

So about our defensive buffs and when we're getting them? :)

Yeeeeerrrrrno. Actually no, with all these mobility skills people are getting it's going to be very very hard to move without putting yourself into danger. So...aye....3 mins cooldown....sure.

So about our defensive buffs and when we're getting them? :)

As soon as one of the devs actually tries to play Sniper instead of avoiding it like the plague like they seem to have been doing for a while now.

So, teleport to a target, but don't actually get to attack them, yet build three stacks only for 1 spec...so a lunge with a second step added in, that requires a specific spec to even use like that, the rest just get a teleport to target?

Can we just get a teleport to location? :p

Take it you missed the part where its off the GCD

I assume you don't play assassin on a competitive level if you don't see all of the potential of phase walk on a ranged class :p

Ah. Have been waiting this inquisitor / consular whine for 3 weeks. :rak_03:

Sin changes are kinda meh from PVE pov. Still lacking DPS compared other specs.

Lacking in pve? You do know the new ability and new passive essentially give deception/infiltrators a free discharge/force breach 3 stack. Which greatly increases its DPs potential

Well, now we can guess what kind of drugs combat team does. Mobile Force Barrier, on utility already too good to not pick up? My bet is on heroin.

I mean, we already NEVER knew what kind of changes sorcs will get. But to actually go on with them requires some really good stuff.

The last four weeks of changes has given the impression that the community team doesn't care much for what the community thinks or has to say on these changes.

I appreciate that they knew some of the changes would be unpopular cause they further unbalance an already unbalanced game. I hate to say it but as far as PvP goes, not knowing what your doing and playing without the correct gear and throwing matches on purpose now has playing certain classes as a means of pissing off your team and losing matches.

With all PvE end game scaling I suspect that will also be gated for some classes, who wants a class with a 20m stupid run forward (probably off the side, or into ground aoe, or through a target) when you can teleport not requiring line of sight.

And yet the community team say nothing and the combat team are unable to demonstrate how these changes balance the classes so everyone is equally able to top the dps/healing/tanking roles if played well.

I suspect when people look back on ToR there will be moments that it was evident the development team considered long term players too much work and no interest inbalacing the game instead focusing on a couple of hours of story content a month (which appears to be starting after the holidays). Which as long as they make it easy enough doesn't matter what new skills they bring in cause basic attacks will kill everything. While no new ops of fps or need for end game content will remove the need to grind new gear till a weekly will grant a full set of top tier armour. At the same time offering a new title and reskined mount will keep PvPers happy and playing season after season on the same maps.

Lacking in pve? You do know the new ability and new passive essentially give deception/infiltrators a free discharge/force breach 3 stack. Which greatly increases its DPs potential

It actually pushes the already Force Negative rotation even further negative by having to use an additional 40 force per minute. Where is that force coming from? Saber strikes. More saber strikes means less dps. So...