Mercs getting a well-deserved nerf! ;(

Master-Nala

Hydraulic Overrides/Hold the Line’s cooldown has been increased to 45 seconds (up from 30). With Jet Charge/Storm becoming baseline for Powertechs/Vanguards and the addition of Rocket Out/Propulsion Round for Mercenaries/Commandos, Bounty Hunters/Troopers will no longer rely so heavily on Hydraulic Overrides/Hold the Line for their mobility needs.

I really don't understand the devs sometimes. Mercs don't need ANY NERFS! None. Nada. They need an anti-focus tool.

4.0 is going to be hilarious. I can't wait until next week. My order of 3 tons of popcorn should be here soon.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you drunk??? Did you not read about your new ablitiy "rocket out" which is only on a 20 second CD??? You think your nerfed??? This is why no body likes mercs, they complain about everything

Wooooooh. We get to go backwards for a measly 20m. Now really think about that one, with all the slows and roots in the game what is the one ability that helps us run around and kite.... go on, I'll give you some time to think about that. While you're thinking about that one, also think about all the gap closers everyone else is getting in 4.0.

Think.

Are you drunk??? Did you not read about your new ablitiy "rocket out" which is only on a 20 second CD??? You think your nerfed??? This is why no body likes mercs, they complain about everything

I'm well known as the biggest Sage/Sorc booster on this forum, I love Mercs/Commandos but I don't main one. But this is BS, Merc/Commandos do not need to have Hold the Line nerfed. PT/Vanguards...maybe.

Edited by Master-Nala

My thing with the new rocket out is the heroic talent really really needs to be baseline even more so than the other AC's b/c without it can still be leapt to or pulled. The htl nerf to the bounty hunter and mando ac really doesn't suprise me its pretty op in pve and def very strong on pt's its just funny because merc/mandos will feel it the most out of the powertechs/mercs.

The new utilites are also craptastic except for the new skillfull tier one which is neat.

You get a 20sec leap backwards, even with immunity to being leapt to, if you spec it. That's REALLY good. 45sec CD for HTL in return is fine.

Right. Now think.

You jump back 20m, now what do you do? You're not going anywhere because you're slowed or rooted.

Think about it some more.

Edit: Also think about the placement in our utilities - not having damage reduction while stunned is pretty stupid in PvP.

Edited by Transcendent

Because the sniper roll is definately keeping them alive in solo ranked against a 2+ man tunnel?

Rocket out would help a little bit if they added it on live right now, but mercs would still have kiting issues. In 4.0 all melee are getting mobility buffs. Its going to be more than canceled out.

Jug: Two leaps, intercede, new roll

Marauder: Leap, new roll, Pred! Pred! Pred!

Operative: 2 rolls short cd, multi-root/snare breaks, shadowstep

If say tomorrow pred was removed from arenas, mercs would still have survival issues against multi-melee. Even with rocket out and then they nerf the cooldown on hydraulics. The one ability that gives mercs a chance to kite somewhat when combined with a pillar. Some maps don't even have a good pillar to kite around with hydraulics.

Plus you can't pillar and be healed by your healer. Ranged dps in arena are horrible in (non tank) healer matchups. This rocket out will do next to nothing to help change that for mercs. Rocket out will give the merc 2 seconds before melee get pred-ed back to the merc. It also doesn't really help a healer, because to live on a merc healer right now you need a pillar. Period. Unless you have pred. Maybe with pred, rocket out will help, because when pred fades you can rocket out to the next pillar. If you get caught in the open on a merc healer with no pred & hydraulics against 2+ melee, you lose all your cds and then die.

Edited by madtycoon

I agree. I think it should stay what it is for Mercs/Mandos. I also think that PT range needs to be brought down to 10m now that we are getting Jet Charge baseline.

the dude who started this thread isn't a merc player. he may have one in a closet someplace.

I think you have to consider the fact that EVERY AC is getting some sort of mobility buff, and frankly, many classes with their current closing and anti-cc abils could still keep up with a mando doing things with this 4.0 talent. so yes. I do think it's a nerf relative to the power creep of level 65 abilities. but...w/e. at least the "jet pack" thing is a reasonable lore related abil that ppl have been clamoring for since launch on BHs.

Edited by foxmob

Right. Now think.

You jump back 20m, now what do you do? You're not going anywhere because you're slowed or rooted.

Edit: Also think about the placement in our utilities - not having damage reduction while stunned is pretty stupid in PvP.

You can't use rocket out if you are slowed. And you are ALWAYS slowed in PvP. On top of that they are adding more slows.

So the 20 cooldown is pretty worthless considering our only way out of slows is getting a longer cooldown.

I really don't understand the devs sometimes. Mercs don't need ANY NERFS! None. Nada. They need an anti-focus tool.

4.0 is going to be hilarious. I can't wait until next week. My order of 3 tons of popcorn should be here soon.

What they need to do is BUFF ASSASSINS, OPS and SORCs should get the ability to fly which can be shared with sins and doesn't break stealth.

the dude who started this thread isn't a merc player. he may have one in a closet someplace.

I think you have to consider the fact that EVERY AC is getting some sort of mobility buff, and frankly, many classes with their current closing and anti-cc abils could still keep up with a mando doing things with this 4.0 talent. so yes. I do think it's a nerf relative to the power creep of level 65 abilities. but...w/e. at least the "jet pack" thing is a reasonable lore related abil that ppl have been clamoring for since launch on BHs.

I know who he is and what he plays. But I feel that the nerf shouldn't apply to Mercs/Mandos. They need to be included in the new mobility meta just like everyone else.

I know who he is and what he plays. But I feel that the nerf shouldn't apply to Mercs/Mandos. They need to be included in the new mobility meta just like everyone else.

at first, i was gonna blast you for replying to me, then I realized I had quoted you by accident! lol I meant that for the guy beneath your first post. hehe. :o

I know that BW will ignore my post, but for all who excited about new mando roll (sorry, my english bad, but i'lldo my best)

With 4.0 all classes gain more mobility, but not mercs/mandos and that's why:

1) Nerf HO cd, up to 15 sec. Not a big deal you will day? You have new 20 sec "roll" (i wiill call it roll)?

2) Okay, let's look in our heroic tier:

Now we have 4!!! choices and only 2 points:

Shock absobers - 30dmg reduction while stun

Forced march - you can cast on the move

Reflexive shield - chance to get absorb shield + cd reduction (i like it because of absorb shield it gives you)

Smoke Screen - you can't be leapt.

okay...okay let's count it as 3

3) All classes have gap closers now (we don't know about sins, but we all se where it all leads us, they will 100% have something)

4) To get "not that good version" of sniper roll you need to use 1 utillity point. Because if you don't - what the point? you will be pulled/leapt/rolled/shadow stepped etc.

5) After this point we have: or 30% dmg reduction while stun or mobility. What a nice choice we have as MANDOS - best ranked class

On the other hand we can be specced in to additional 15 def chance. Wow....as assult we can have 50 chance using 2 cds...okkay. As arsenal - in any case meh. Again RNG def-ability?

I agree that VGs need nerf to HO, but why mercs? Are we so good in ranked? or we have amazing utillities (AP PT has Shock absobers, Reflexive shield as base line)

Again BW you had so nice chance to balance our utillities, and you ...how to say...still missing it.

Let us have 3/4 main heroic tier utiliities (swapping some to masterfull) and we can talk, but ATM it look like PONY TAIL.

Here you have my thoughts on it

I'm well known as the biggest Sage/Sorc booster on this forum, I love Mercs/Commandos but I don't main one. But this is BS, Merc/Commandos do not need to have Hold the Line nerfed. PT/Vanguards...maybe.

Sorcs dont need phasewalk but there getting it... 4.0 is gona mess in pvp

Right. Now think.

No, you think about it for a minute. You have as much range as a sorc. You get a twenty meter disengage, plus HO, plus Unload on the move. If that doesn't seem like an improvement to you, then you need to think about it some more.

No, you think about it for a minute. You have as much range as a sorc. You get a twenty meter disengage, plus HO, plus Unload on the move. If that doesn't seem like an improvement to you, then you need to think about it some more.

It's like you don't even play this game. Certainly never a merc.

You can't use rocket out if you are slowed. And you are ALWAYS slowed in PvP. On top of that they are adding more slows.

So the 20 cooldown is pretty worthless considering our only way out of slows is getting a longer cooldown.

Another Merc that doesn't know what hindered means lol

You can't use rocket out if you are rooted, or have been hit with electronet. Immobilized + hindered ≠ slowed