sage/sorcerer way to strong in all specs

jediharrsion

Those numbers are really low, he's a garbage Sorc

Typical sorcs do about 2.8 million damage and 1.7 million heals, if you're a Sorc and don't (not cant but don't) break 3k dps or hps in every warzone, then you're a disgrace to the class.

There wouldn't be so many threads made about sorcs if they weren't god tier

Haven't seen it on my server, 2.5mils damage only in a very long and stale games, most of the time its 900-1500with one sided domination. My whole server is disgrace of the swtor... so im OK! :D

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those numbers are really low, he's a garbage Sorc

Typical sorcs do about 2.8 million damage and 1.7 million heals, if you're a Sorc and don't (not cant but don't) break 3k dps or hps in every warzone, then you're a disgrace to the class.

There wouldn't be so many threads made about sorcs if they weren't god tier

Which server are you on so we can group up together and you show me these 3k dps/hps numbers everytime you step your foot in a warzone? I play on TRE and ToFN and I would like to learn from you please.

Yes sir I'd be very happy to. please keep in mind that most of my experience has come from ranked arenas. Just to be clear I play a burst mara/sent. I may have been exaggerating a little bit with saying that the dps specs are way to strong, but that being said i have ran into enough sage's/sorcerer's in ranked that i have quit playing ranked for the time bring. when it comes to the rotation for balance/madness i don't know what the names of the powers are. The TK Sage/lightning sorcerer (I play these specs on my Sage/Sorcerer) the rotation follows as such "Weaken Mind/Affliction"-"Mind Crush/Crushing Darkness"-"Turbulence/Thundering blast"-"Telekinetic Wave/Chain Lightning"-"Telekinetic Gust/Lightning Flash"-"Telekinetic Burst/Lightning Bolt"-"Telekinetic Throw/Force Lightning". If my enemy gets to close to me then there is more worry in the world, I have my "Force Stun/Electrocute"-"Bubble Stun"-"Force Speed" to stun and get some distance from my target so i can repeat the first rotation again. That's just the Dps rotation I use i'll post the healing rotation I use if needed

For starters at least learn the "optimal" rotation of ling and then come whine in the forums, cause if you can't even get that right then you have no understanding of the class.

Here are some hints/counters to sorc for your mara.

1. Force speed is countered with a CC. Use your choke for the name of god.

2. Break bubble stun from distance. Leap in, do a minor attack like building up focus while moving out, and e.g. force scream and boom bubble down. This has worked FOREVER!

3. Fury atm is the most suitable mara spec, play it.

4. In fury you have cc immunity with crush so boom no stun, (ofc the fact that you mention stun in the OP abilities of socs makes me laugh, cause only they have a stun and no other class). This CC immunity also works with bubble stun for newbies and noobs (which category you fall under?).

5. 10m leap bring you back on sorc, use it after their KB which lands you within the 10m range (that long is the kb of sorcs, and works 360, oh wait it does not).

Your time would be better invested by learning your class rather than actually whine on the forums.

Edited by MusicRider

Which server are you on so we can group up together and you show me these 3k dps/hps numbers everytime you step your foot in a warzone? I play on TRE and ToFN and I would like to learn from you please.

I'm a Sorc healer, I'm like Aslan from The Chronicles of Narnia; "He'll be coming and going, One day you'll see him and another you won't. He doesn't like being tied down--and of course he has other servers to attend to. It's quite all right. He'll often drop in. Only you mustn't press him. He's wild, you know."

Another example of ridiculous post.

Ok, here's my opinion of each spec from a Marauder's point of view.

Corruption/Seer: OMG. This spec is friggin invicible... I can't even burst one down in Fury Spec! There's wayyy too much healing throughput even with Trauma put on the Sorc/Sage... This spec needs a fixing.

Newsflash Wilson. You are not meant to solo kill a healer in the current meta, whether he is a sorc, a merc or an oper. So your comment is plain trolling or you simply didn't get the memo.

Lightning/Telekinetics: Stun Bubble > Force Speed > Burst damage > Repeat. Stun Bubble needs a friggin ICD that is longer than Static Barrier's debuff... Lightning Sorcs/TK Sages aren't too hard, but their stupid stun bubble even in Fury spec is annoying AF. If it was a Slow or Root after the shield went down, I'd be fine with it not having an ICD.

I just dont even know where to start. Crush gives you immunity so bubble stun wont work. Ofc you can always leap in, crush, move out scream, move in, but hey I want sorcs to be like TfB, shoot them from anywhere without me even moving. Speed countered by your CC. Do you even choke? Burst damage? It is one of the lowest burst damage specs. What are you on about?

Madness/Balance: Why in the name of all that is holy has this spec not been nerfed into the ground? It has 2 heavy hitting lifestealing abilities, and it's DoT's hit like a truck because for some reason Bioware hasn't just reduced all DoT damage by 30% across the board, instead it's a utility/spec talent for all classes EXCEPT Marauders and Juggernauts! WHAT GIVES?!?

Ignorance to its greatness. Their dots have been nerfed since 3.0, I take it you are new in town. Because of this nerf it is one the lowest parsing specs. Heavy hitting lifestealing abilities... If you think in the current meta a 5k and a 6-7k crit hit is heavy then your specs damage hitters are super-duper-heavy. Reduce (the already nerfed) dot damage by 30%? LOL. Might as well start using double strike then. LOLOL.

I'm a Sorc healer, I'm like Aslan from The Chronicles of Narnia; "He'll be coming and going, One day you'll see him and another you won't. He doesn't like being tied down--and of course he has other servers to attend to. It's quite all right. He'll often drop in. Only you mustn't press him. He's wild, you know."

Then again I dont associate with psychopaths. And Narnia? How old are you? 7?

PS: I guess then that 3k dps/hps in every warzone was all trolling ;).

Edited by MusicRider

The class of jedi sage, sith sorcerer right now are far to powerful. every spec you play is way to overpowering

Some of the utilities are just as overpowered. both dps specs hits like a fright train, ...

Seriously if you call any of Sage dps spec hitting like i fright train I dont know how you would call a Sharpshooter Gunslinger or Tactics Vanguard or even Concentration Sentinel? Hitting like gigant asteroids perhaps?

I've had nearly every dps class parse on my min/maxed pvp geared vanguard tank. Without any cooldowns...

Vanguard Tactics killed me in 14-15 seconds on average, but had energy management issues if they unloaded this fast.

Commando Gunnery killed me in 17-18 seconds on average.

Just about everything else was 22-26 seconds on average, with Sage DPS being closer to the 24-26 seconds range.

-327-

I don't even heal on my Sorc anymore, too boring kiting 2-3 supposedly "good" dps, concealment ops and deception sins it doesn't matter. It's not sorcs tho, I guess the skill of people has gone down across the board (not that I'm amazing) Edited by Jake_Chambers

Well, okay I'll try to write in a constructive form even if those ''pls nerf everything else around my class that could be a danger'' posts really invite trolling ;)

Lighning: no, simply no, damage too low and not that great survivability in return

Madness: Depends. Dotspread is a waaay too op pressure mechanic in arenas but apart from their mobility and healing they do not bring that much damage to the table single target wise.

Corruption: I am always looking forward to that.

Well let us assume they realize corruption is overpowered and it gets nerfed. No healing class could ever heal through any of the extremely overtuned damage of many classes. Operatives can not heal an arena without a tank because they can not heal thourgh any burst, Mercs, needless to say, are meh.

IF YOU CALL FOR HEALING NERFS, please tune down pt, mm sniper, merc, sin, operative and yes, I said it mara burst. Also remove dotspread. The burst damage this expansion is just overtuned and therefore I think the sage is the perfect healer to bring to the table in that enviroment. Of course I agree sage healing is broken atm but so is most burst damage (not the particular spec but just their burst. for instance merc is garbage in arenas but has insane burst damage).

Either accept the kick into the balls and say goodbye to those back to back to back 10k+ hits or accept the sorcheal as it is

On my scoundrel healing is a whole different world. I can not save anyones *** in arenas (solo, team works well because we know each other) without:

-Them playing at least moderatly smart

-them using defensive cooldowns

-them using cc defensively

-myself using my cc (which is sometimes really bad, I have to expose myself to danger to get out a flashbang just to save my teammate)

-me being able to freecast. (if the enemy interrupts smartly there is little I can do as operative)

On my sage I can bubble them pull them out of the ****, wandering mend innervate and they are save.

It is just wrong that a pt can get rid of 60% of someones health (I am using pt as an example for the problem because you all have seen it, please do not feel insulted dear pt and vanguard colleges ;)) if they do not have a major defensive cooldown ready.

It is also worng that sages can insta heal someone to full by pressing 3 buttons back to back.

In general atm corruption is overperforming but in the pvp enviroment of op fotm burst classes it is actually somehow balanced in a twisted and stupid way.

The burst damage this expansion is just overtuned .

agree more or less (lighting is laughable). and the inquisitor dot specs hit too hard and too efficiently. the BH dot specs aren't even dot spec. they're half and half and good at nothing. sniper dot spec is...uh...I don't think I've ever seen it. and op dot spec was the ultimate troll with a wet noodle until ppl learned how to roll dmg with concealment.

Edited by foxmob

agree more or less (lighting is laughable). and the inquisitor dot specs hit too hard and too efficiently. the BH dot specs aren't even dot spec. they're half and half and good at nothing. sniper dot spec is...uh...I don't think I've ever seen it. and op dot spec was the ultimate troll with a wet noodle until ppl learned how to roll dmg with concealment.

The sniper DOT spec is like the operative DOT spec, the DOT's aren't there to deal damage, but are there to make cull/corrosive assault deal more damage.

Narnia was written by a fellow of Tolkien, you know ...

He ain't down wit the classics, probably slobbers over Game of Thrones "guys I wonder if Jon Snow is rly dead"

I found out why you Guys have so much trouble with sages... its because you've never heard of C.s.Lewis.

you do know the books are actually really old, right? they were published around the 1950's...

You do know that when someone asks someone if they are 7 year old with regards to a book they refer to the content of it and not to the date it was written, right? But yes, "for Narnia!".

You do know that when someone asks someone if they are 7 year old with regards to a book they refer to the content of it and not to the date it was written, right? But yes, "for Narnia!".

So because a lot of us don't read things like Kafka in our spare time, we must be immature. Please do go on, though you'll have to forgive me if I add a grain of salt to your posts from now on.

I found Kafka quite horrible to read, personally. In German language, of course.

But his ideas are quite interesting, nevertheless.

It's 15 years ago since I read LOTR in English fully through the last time, I think I should re-try it.

My natural language is German, but English feels like my second language to me.

Sometimes, when I'm searching for words, they pop up in my brain in English language more often than in German language.

Knowing the original language of a written work helps,m really. Especially with Greek language - ancient Greek Philosophers, for example. Too bad that I don't speak any other language beide English (only a tiny, tiny bit of Espanol).

My next project is to read all of the books from Christopher Tolkien compiling his father's works in English language.

But a few days ago I just started the history book by Tacitus, translated, of course, out of sheer deparate need for a new book. ( Ancient history is one of my hobbies. )

It's imho interesting what happened in the Roman Empire.

But of course Tacitus was a bit biased as well.

Edited by AlrikFassbauer