sage/sorcerer way to strong in all specs

jediharrsion

The class of jedi sage, sith sorcerer right now are far to powerful. every spec you play is way to overpowering

Some of the utilities are just as overpowered. both dps specs hits like a fright train, and the healing spec as it is right now reminds of the old school Operative/Scoundrel healing. Unless you have at least 3-4 guys on one of them you won't get very far. now don't get me wrong I can solo kill a sage/sorcerer but it will take at least 5 mins to ware them down/kill them. in most cases you will never have that much time to try to get the solo kill. Long story short

this advanced class needs to be brought back down to earth to match the rest of the classes that have clearly been left behind.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes ap pt's are clearly left behind, as well as sins and operatives.

Im speechless to see such useless threads, don't get me wrong, ofc u can say what u feel every time without mind me ( u are absolutely right about it) but if ppl before starting threads would think about what they are gonna type we would have a better pvp section.

Now, sorcs are strong class, not for damage output, but because class is super easy to play, wih a lot of escaèpes tools and a god mode bubble ( which is a joke i was against barrier h2f).

The only op spec is corruption, madness is striong, but with all hals now u see in every wz, is becoming useless, i mean i can do 1.5 mil damage and 2 kill if im lucky.

You really think lightning is op ? is the worst burst spec in the game was already nerfed for 0 reasons, and u want more nerf to it ? why not remove it ?

Sins are OP a-priori need to nerf them hardly every patch, sorcs are underpeforming a-priori need to buff coz they soooooooooo weak - light armor and they die when focused - this is nonsense coz every1 knows dat Emperor is immortal and he is sorc class and sorcs die ***? - Fix it now! PT...PT-s just have perception problems and they are way too much strong! Yes,yes. And need to delete roll and healz from conc oper, yes. Edited by helpmewin

As someone who plays a Sorcerer, both Madness and Lightning (I know right?) in Ranked Solo can I just Say that I completely disagree.

Almost all of the abilities do less damage than many of the other DPS classes and to top it off everbody seems to know that when a sorc joins, you run them down first.

The power of a sorcerer is only apparent when they are left alone, So much so that I now spend a majority of many battles either

a) running away

OR

b) Getting focused down into a bubble then killed a few seconds after that

Sorcs were always the Glass Cannons, it makes sense, high DPS output for low survival chances, By the time a sorc goes through two health bars (bubble regen) most other classes will have only gone through 60% of their own.

So just to close off, the issue isn't so much to do with sorcs having big hits (still lower than most DPS classes) than it is to do with somebody forgetting to put pressure on them to move

The class of jedi sage, sith sorcerer right now are far to powerful. every spec you play is way to overpowering

Some of the utilities are just as overpowered. both dps specs hits like a fright train, and the healing spec as it is right now reminds of the old school Operative/Scoundrel healing. Unless you have at least 3-4 guys on one of them you won't get very far. now don't get me wrong I can solo kill a sage/sorcerer but it will take at least 5 mins to ware them down/kill them. in most cases you will never have that much time to try to get the solo kill. Long story short

this advanced class needs to be brought back down to earth to match the rest of the classes that have clearly been left behind.

My favourite. What class do you play that has "see future" ability?

Ok, here's my opinion of each spec from a Marauder's point of view.

Corruption/Seer: OMG. This spec is friggin invicible... I can't even burst one down in Fury Spec! There's wayyy too much healing throughput even with Trauma put on the Sorc/Sage... This spec needs a fixing.

Lightning/Telekinetics: Stun Bubble > Force Speed > Burst damage > Repeat. Stun Bubble needs a friggin ICD that is longer than Static Barrier's debuff... Lightning Sorcs/TK Sages aren't too hard, but their stupid stun bubble even in Fury spec is annoying AF. If it was a Slow or Root after the shield went down, I'd be fine with it not having an ICD.

Madness/Balance: Why in the name of all that is holy has this spec not been nerfed into the ground? It has 2 heavy hitting lifestealing abilities, and it's DoT's hit like a truck because for some reason Bioware hasn't just reduced all DoT damage by 30% across the board, instead it's a utility/spec talent for all classes EXCEPT Marauders and Juggernauts! WHAT GIVES?!?

Madness/Balance: Why in the name of all that is holy has this spec not been nerfed into the ground? It has 2 heavy hitting lifestealing abilities, and it's DoT's hit like a truck because for some reason Bioware hasn't just reduced all DoT damage by 30% across the board, instead it's a utility/spec talent for all classes EXCEPT Marauders and Juggernauts! WHAT GIVES?!?

Would you prefer it if the DoTs worked like other classes? I.e. they have a bigger initial hit and the periodic portion was lower? Because the DoTs in Madness don't hit any harder than Annihilation or IO over the duration.

Ok, here's my opinion of each spec from a Marauder's point of view.

Corruption/Seer: OMG. This spec is friggin invicible... I can't even burst one down in Fury Spec! There's wayyy too much healing throughput even with Trauma put on the Sorc/Sage... This spec needs a fixing.

Lightning/Telekinetics: Stun Bubble > Force Speed > Burst damage > Repeat. Stun Bubble needs a friggin ICD that is longer than Static Barrier's debuff... Lightning Sorcs/TK Sages aren't too hard, but their stupid stun bubble even in Fury spec is annoying AF. If it was a Slow or Root after the shield went down, I'd be fine with it not having an ICD.

i respect ur point of view but imho is wrong, u consider lightning strong because a class utility '? all specs can have static barrier stun, so what ? and madness ? nerfed into the ground ? lol is that the balance u seek ?

Besides madness is already one of the worst spec in the game for pve, nerfing more for pvp will mean just delete madness spec from the game.

PS: really if u have hard time kill a light sorc as fury, we have a l2p issue. No offense, im telling it that by light sorc since early access, spec is weak if u compared with otherd dps burst. Well'see 4.0 changes, but if bio is going to cut our heal down without increase our burst, im afraid sorcs will be easy kill again.

pss: i think is already confirmed backlash will be top tier utility in 4.0 so basically a huge nerf already ;)

Edited by xX-Archangel-Xx

PS: really if u have hard time kill a light sorc as fury, we have a l2p issue. No offense, im telling it that by light sorc since early access, spec is weak if u compared with otherd dps burst. Well'see 4.0 changes, but if bio is going to cut our heal down without increase our burst, im afraid sorcs will be easy kill again.

I never said they were Corruption levels of hard. It just takes a bit of thought processing to kill one. Most other classes I can kill with mind numbing ease, I actually have to think to kill a Lightning Sorc. Or, put full mental effort into killing a Madness Sorc, or try to run away from the sheer terror of a Corruption Sorc, but their friends always catch up to me...

Telekinetic sage is super squishy, is very vulnerable to interrupts due to so much of its damage output relying on casting Turbulence, and has some of the lowest burst of the 'burst' dps specs from what I can tell.

It's not generally used for solo ranked over balance spec, it's not used in group ranked over ranged burst specs like marksmen from what I hear, and it's not used in regs generally over balance either, at least while solo queueing.

Why does it need to be nerfed?

Almost all of the abilities do less damage than many of the other DPS classes and to top it off everbody seems to know that when a sorc joins, you run them down first.

People focus sorcs because it is literally the most threatening class in solo. If you leave them alone and they free cast they will just destroy the entire team with dot spreads on top of off healing teammates. Not to mention they have barrier. The point is to pressure them so they cant pressure you and to force them to pop the most OP defensive ability early in the match.

Sorcs were always the Glass Cannons, it makes sense, high DPS output for low survival chances, By the time a sorc goes through two health bars (bubble regen) most other classes will have only gone through 60% of their own.

Yeah sorc is a glass cannon, PT is a glass cannon, sniper is a plastic duck and merc is a wooden dummy. Seems legit. :rolleyes:

Edited by Glower

Which bracket are you talking about, though? Things change greatly from lows to mids to 60 regs to ranked. In lows and mids a madness sorc is hellacious. Used to handle them alright with my Op, but since the kolto probe nerf to Ops it's a massive undertaking. When in DPS spec Kolto Probe is nearly useless now, incidentally. I agree it needed a VERY minor nerf, but they all but ruined it for the time being.

It cracks me up to see people say lightning is weak when they're clearly talking about regs. You can pretty easily handle 1-2 people (1 AP, 2 of just about anything else) and maintain DPS by yourself, 3+ becomes problematic but it's supposed to, no class should really be able to handle 3v1.

I've said this before but the main problem with Sorc/Sage is a 15-20s CD root break and Bubble Mez. Weaken or get rid of those things before even thinking about touching other parts, even the healers wouldn't be nearly as bad if they didn't have a free aoe cc every 15-20s. I don't even think Life Ward/Corrupted Barrier would be an issure if they took care of these.

Seriously, they basically have a free cybertech grenade that autothrows itself at their feet every 15-20s. They deny that this is a problem. Like, what? lol

It cracks me up to see people say lightning is weak when they're clearly talking about regs. You can pretty easily handle 1-2 people (1 AP, 2 of just about anything else) and maintain DPS by yourself, 3+ becomes problematic but it's supposed to, no class should really be able to handle 3v1.

I've said this before but the main problem with Sorc/Sage is a 15-20s CD root break and Bubble Mez. Weaken or get rid of those things before even thinking about touching other parts, even the healers wouldn't be nearly as bad if they didn't have a free aoe cc every 15-20s. I don't even think Life Ward/Corrupted Barrier would be an issure if they took care of these.

Seriously, they basically have a free cybertech grenade that autothrows itself at their feet every 15-20s. They deny that this is a problem. Like, what? lol

I think the root breaker is fine as they are a ranged class after all. The problem is BW has lost sight of movement vs casting. Sorcs have too much movement and the ability to keep doing damage/healing on the move. The point of good kiting tools is that you're supposed to lose some output on healing/dps. Giving ranged classes both is just overkill. Not to say that a ranged class shouldn't have any instants on the move but being able to do a cast on the move is ridiculous. It honestly wouldn't surprise me if in 5.0 they let sorcs do force lightning while running lawl.

Bubble mez just needs to be completely removed from the game. No ability should function like that where you can get stunned without the user even doing anything.

the current state of sages is the result of overpowered melee classes, all melee in this game Have slightly too much up time coupled with their current damage output I can't see nerfing sage mobility and utility without Nerfing melee mobility and damage sages are in a good place right now as are most classes the only class really lacking in pvp is commando/merc on both utiliy and mobility. Edited by denpic

the current state of sages is the result of overpowered melee classes, all melee in this game Have slightly too much up time coupled with their current damage output I can't see nerfing sage mobility and utility without Nerfing melee mobility and damage sages are in a good place right now as are most classes the only class really lacking in pvp is commando/merc on both utiliy and mobility.

I am going to remember this the next time I see 2-3 people running after a sage/sorc healer and unable to kill him trough all his DCD's and what not. Also don't forget the rest of the team who is peeling for that healer, throwing a guard on that healer and so on. OP? YEAH!

the current state of sages is the result of overpowered melee classes

Sorcs vs game. Let's balance whole game around them! :rolleyes:

all melee in this game Have slightly too much up time coupled with their current damage

Juggs, Leth ops and maras are op! So as snipers. :eek: Well, at least you recognize that there are problems with merc! :p

I am going to remember this the next time I see 2-3 people running after a sage/sorc healer and unable to kill him trough all his DCD's and what not. Also don't forget the rest of the team who is peeling for that healer, throwing a guard on that healer and so on. OP? YEAH!

If 2-3 players can't bring down a sage of any spec that's not the sages fault.

People obviously need to learn how to reliably deal damage I mean if you can't break over 1k dps (and that's the low end) on a melee toon Yeah you will never kill anything reliably and always be present in nerf x class threads.

Would you mind specifying what powers you find overpowered? Especially in the DPS specs?
Yes sir I'd be very happy to. please keep in mind that most of my experience has come from ranked arenas. Just to be clear I play a burst mara/sent. I may have been exaggerating a little bit with saying that the dps specs are way to strong, but that being said i have ran into enough sage's/sorcerer's in ranked that i have quit playing ranked for the time bring. when it comes to the rotation for balance/madness i don't know what the names of the powers are. The TK Sage/lightning sorcerer (I play these specs on my Sage/Sorcerer) the rotation follows as such "Weaken Mind/Affliction"-"Mind Crush/Crushing Darkness"-"Turbulence/Thundering blast"-"Telekinetic Wave/Chain Lightning"-"Telekinetic Gust/Lightning Flash"-"Telekinetic Burst/Lightning Bolt"-"Telekinetic Throw/Force Lightning". If my enemy gets to close to me then there is more worry in the world, I have my "Force Stun/Electrocute"-"Bubble Stun"-"Force Speed" to stun and get some distance from my target so i can repeat the first rotation again. That's just the Dps rotation I use i'll post the healing rotation I use if needed Edited by jediharrsion