Conquest in Fallen Empire - Only for large guilds

Tealkman

Conquest Changes in Fallen Empire | 09.08.2015, 04:32 PM

Hey folks,

In Fallen Empire we will be making changes to Conquests so I wanted to let you know about what is being adjusted. One thing that we noticed in looking at Conquests is that not as many players as we would hope are completing their personal targets. We feel this may be because the targets are too high, requiring more time to complete than many players may have available. Because of this we are adjusting the target points for rewards in some Conquests:

All Conquests which previously required 35,000 target points have had that target number reduced to 20,000.

Titans of Industry will remain at 25,000 target points.

Total Galactic War will remain at 50,000 target points.

Trade Emporium will remain at 25,000 target points.

Note that Guilds will still compete, as normal, for the top 10 on each Planet once these targets have been reached.

In looking at our data and in seeing playing feedback, one thing we have noticed is that many Guilds are primarily using the repeatable Crafting objective to gain points for Conquests. Although we want to include Crafting as an essential part of the Conquest effort, we don’t want that objective to be the “only best answer” to Conquests. Due to this we are making the following changes:

The Objective “Conquest: War Supplies” is no longer repeatable and is set to reward 2,000 Conquest Points for any Conquest that included that objective.

These changes will be reflected in Knights of the Fallen Empire when it launches. Thanks everyone.

-eric

And once again the small guilds get screwed over.

Our guild isn't big and we do not want to have 500 members in our guild just to be able to compete for conquest rewards. Our only means to ever reach the top 10 has been to craft and we are very good at this. Why ruin it for us?

As far as I can see is that the only option for us to open up our whole guild ship is to grind credits like Chinese gold farmers and buy the Frameworks from GTN and a very high cost. First we had to pay 50 million for the Guildship, then we need to buy all doors for 5 million each for a total cost of 75 million. Then we need to buy the Frameworks from GTN just to open up all areas in the Guild ship for a cost 75-100 mil, that will end up costing us 200 million credits. We are 16 people in our guild and that doesn't seem fair gaming in our eyes.

Eric, why is everything only designed for large guilds and not for the small ones?

Suggestion - Have different classes of Guildships

Class 1 for 1-25 member accounts (since most of us have many alt chars)

Class 2 for 26-50 member accounts

Class 3 for 51-250 member accounts

Class 4 for 251-500 member accounts

:rak_03:

Edited by Tealkman
Used the wrong word to get my point across!

.... Then we need to buy the Frameworks from GTN just to open up all areas in the Guild ship for a cost 75-100 mil...:rak_03:

F.y.i. you can get encryptions from any conquest boss, and there is a chance to get a framework as a drop from unnamed bosses, and a guarantee that a framework will drop from a named boss.

All that you have to do to get these is form a group with your guild mates and start farming them.

Heck, you might even find that you get more than you need and then you can sell some to help fund your unlocks.

Small guilds were always getting screwed over in conquests. If large guild wants, they can do the same you did, but at much larger scale.

Also, it is entirely possible to reach Top 10 score with a very few people participating, as most scores are in hundreds of thousands. But yes, you will need to play the game, not just queue crafting and log out of a week.

Small guilds were always getting screwed over in conquests. If large guild wants, they can do the same you did, but at much larger scale.

Also, it is entirely possible to reach Top 10 score with a very few people participating, as most scores are in hundreds of thousands. But yes, you will need to play the game, not just queue crafting and log out of a week.

This is true. One of my guilds never actually wins Conquest, but we very often make the top ten. We never have more than 3-6 people on at one time.

Last time I saw the 10:th place have under 500,000 was when conquest came out. So with crafting + flashpoints + operations we have managed to make it to the top ten during "The Trade Emporium", "Titans of Industry" and "Total Galactic War" but when you get NOTHING for crating we NEVER get to top 10.

So this is another step to FORCE everyone to join LARGE guilds and screw over small ones.

F.y.i. you can get encryptions from any conquest boss, and there is a chance to get a framework as a drop from unnamed bosses, and a guarantee that a framework will drop from a named boss.

All that you have to do to get these is form a group with your guild mates and start farming them.

Heck, you might even find that you get more than you need and then you can sell some to help fund your unlocks.

How does that help us get into the top 10 position?

Besides, there are many guilds that are out there killing them.

Destroy Enemy Commanders (Not every week)

One time reward: 2000

Objective: Defeat commanders of the enemy forces on planets across the galaxy. This includes Veteran Sith and Jedi Battlemasters as well as their high-ranking named counterparts.

I dont know if this even possible but what would people think to some kind of multiplyer being applied to conquest points so for instance:

- guild 1 has 500 members (ie guild limit) so it gets no multiplyer

- guild 2 has only 100 members so it gets a 5x multiplyer

this was the size of the guild does not matter only the % of guild members who take part affect the leaderboard.

How does that help us get into the top 10 position?

Besides, there are many guilds that are out there killing them.

Destroy Enemy Commanders (Not every week)

One time reward: 2000

Objective: Defeat commanders of the enemy forces on planets across the galaxy. This includes Veteran Sith and Jedi Battlemasters as well as their high-ranking named counterparts.

The listed idea to kill Commanders/Battlemasters is an alternative to just finishing in the Top 10. Unnammed Commanders/Battlemasters have a GUARENTEE of dropping up to 10 (IIRC) encryptions. You get 10 guildies together, find 5 Commanders/Battlemasters, kill them all. BOOM there is a Framework. The Unnamed Commanders/Battlemasters also have a small chance of dropping a Framework. The Named Commanders/Battlemasters have a GUARENTEED of dropping a Framework, AS WELL as Encryptions.

SO! Do Commander/Battlemaster runs, get Encryptions/Frameworks, in addition to running your Flashpoint groupfinder, the occational heroic, WB kill, Ops runs, ect and you should make out like Flynn getting your Frameworks.

You don't have to win, don't have to place in the Top 10 every week to open your Capital Ship fully.

The loss of Crafting just means you actually HAVE to do the entire boat of Conquest objectives, not just on 1 toon, but on multiple ones to get your score up. Level them alts yo!

I dont know if this even possible but what would people think to some kind of multiplyer being applied to conquest points so for instance:

- guild 1 has 500 members (ie guild limit) so it gets no multiplyer

- guild 2 has only 100 members so it gets a 5x multiplyer

this was the size of the guild does not matter only the % of guild members who take part affect the leaderboard.

The problem with this setup is that a dozen no-lifers in one guild would be able to beat a 500 member guild severely. There simply has to be an advantage to being 500 members simply because getting (and keeping) 300-500 active members takes more effort than having 10-100.

I'd like to see Objectives that give the same amount of points to Guild score regardless of how many players participate. E.g. "Killing a Commander" could give 20k-50k to the guild score regardless of whether you do it with 4 players or 24.

Zerg guilds with five hundred people can, and bloody well should, have a far easier time CONQUERING A PLANET than your little special snowflake 16-person clan. I mean, seriously. This is a Massive Multiplayer game. Sixteen people, chronic obesity issues aside, does not a 'massive' guild make.

If you want to win at conquest, you join a guild with the numbers that are reasonably capable of actually conquering a planet. BioWare does not - and should not - give your sixteen-man group the same chance at conquering a planet as a five hundred man group. That would just be horrible gameplay.

And like someone else said above, if large guilds started pushing craftquest, where the hell do you think that would leave you?

For the record, I'm in a guild that showed over 250 members (before my recent culling down to about 200), and fewer than a dozen even got conquest points. My main guild has just a bit under 300 members, again less than a dozen so far have earned any conquest points at all. As of last night, only two had met personal goals. We're regularly in the top 10.

If you want your little active 16-man group to be able to compete, I recommend trying it on a different server. Your pissant village probably isn't likely to stand a chance against the megalopolises of Harbinger and the like.

Nor should they!

Zerg guilds with five hundred people can, and bloody well should, have a far easier time CONQUERING A PLANET than your little special snowflake 16-person clan. I mean, seriously. This is a Massive Multiplayer game. Sixteen people, chronic obesity issues aside, does not a 'massive' guild make.

If you want to win at conquest, you join a guild with the numbers that are reasonably capable of actually conquering a planet. BioWare does not - and should not - give your sixteen-man group the same chance at conquering a planet as a five hundred man group. That would just be horrible gameplay.

And like someone else said above, if large guilds started pushing craftquest, where the hell do you think that would leave you?

For the record, I'm in a guild that showed over 250 members (before my recent culling down to about 200), and fewer than a dozen even got conquest points. My main guild has just a bit under 300 members, again less than a dozen so far have earned any conquest points at all. As of last night, only two had met personal goals. We're regularly in the top 10.

If you want your little active 16-man group to be able to compete, I recommend trying it on a different server. Your pissant village probably isn't likely to stand a chance against the megalopolises of Harbinger and the like.

Nor should they!

But but..... its not fair!! My guild of 20 unique accounts deserves the chance to craft bomb and try to steal a planet from a guild with 120 active members actually doing conquest!

*stamps feet angrily and pouts*

Steal? You say, weeks over weeks and more weeks of preparation and work and grinding and generate points in every possible way (PVP, GS, OPs etc., not only crafting) 6 days with no sleep is STEALING a planet of a guild were most of the members just not even CARE and generate points in just playing? THAT is less work than "oh, seems like i have finished my personal goal somehow by making pvp one afternoon" x500?

Last time I saw the 10:th place have under 500,000 was when conquest came out. So with crafting + flashpoints + operations we have managed to make it to the top ten during "The Trade Emporium", "Titans of Industry" and "Total Galactic War" but when you get NOTHING for crating we NEVER get to top 10.

So this is another step to FORCE everyone to join LARGE guilds and screw over small ones.

Except that without crafting, the scores for 10th place will be lower in turn. Besides, two or three of those top 10 guilds you mention, are probably of a similar size to yours, they just focused more to get to that point. Its not as though YOU! are the only small guild to ever break the Top 10 after all. Hell, there was a thread here a couple of months back, which claimed that a one-man guild managed 1st place thanks to continuous crafting on all his alts.

You are on Red Eclipse, according to your sig

Right now, scores for 10th place are

Alderaan: 374266

Hoth: 425182

Ilum: 421614

Edited by Aries_cz

Eric, why is everything only designed for large guilds and not for the small ones?

Are you suggesting that, as it currently is, a smaller guild can overtake an equally aggressive large guild? That's simply not true.

As it stands today, any large guild that wants to be on the leader board, can be. This change doesn't impact that at all...all this change does is eliminates the necessity to craft to win. Crafting monopolizes Conquests right now...after this change, it won't.

This change is long overdue.

Our guild isn't big and we do not want to have 500 members in our guild just to be able to compete for conquest rewards. Our only means to ever reach the top 10 has been to craft and we are very good at this. Why ruin it for us?

As far as I can see is that the only option for us to open up our whole guild ship is to grind credits like Chinese gold farmers and buy the Frameworks from GTN and a very high cost. First we had to pay 50 million for the Guildship, then we need to buy all doors for 5 million each for a total cost of 75 million. Then we need to buy the Frameworks from GTN just to open up all areas in the Guild ship for a cost 75-100 mil, that will end up costing us 200 million credits. We are 16 people in our guild and that doesn't seem fair gaming in our eyes.

Suggestion - Have different classes of Guildships

Class 1 for 1-25 member accounts (since most of us have many alt chars)

Class 2 for 26-50 member accounts

Class 3 for 51-250 member accounts

Class 4 for 251-500 member accounts

:rak_03:

Is your complaint about a small guild not being able to make the leaderboard without crafting or how much it costs to purchase and expand a guild ship?

FYI, we have a very small guild and me and one other person purchased and expanded our guild ship to 100%.

If you want something nice, you work for it.

Why not? Is not it better to spread the points earning between a lot of folks that accumulate them while enjoying doing what they enjoy doing in the game, instead of turning a small guild into a sweat-shop? Really, guys, is that placement on the board worth obsessing about? I am failing to understand the devotion to the soulless grind. There are gazillion things in the game that appear to be far more fun to do than gathering mats and relogging the crafters. or... not? Edited by DomiSotto

... and there's still 3 days left of the conquest.

And those numbers have been very like that for the duration.

So yes, unless people suddenly pop 5 million from crafting, it is entirely possible to beat that score.

But looking at swtorconquest, there is no trend of numbers spiking rapidly for the lower 5 guilds in the end of conquest week.

Edited by Aries_cz

I will miss being able to charge super high prices on matts to conquestors!

But seriously was dumb that people would log in first day and log out till next week and already make personal goal.

Conquest should just have been about fighting over Commanders. But I digress

Edited by FerkWork

I feel exactly the opposite about this change, my guild has 6-8 active members depending on the week. I'm glad that they aren't going to be dumping a million points from crafting on the last day bumping us off the board after our members worked hard at the pve goals all week, sounds great to me.

I feel exactly the opposite about this change, my guild has 6-8 active members depending on the week. I'm glad that they aren't going to be dumping a million points from crafting on the last day bumping us off the board after our members worked hard at the pve goals all week, sounds great to me.

Big power guilds like yours are why smaller 2 person guilds are forced into crafting you meanie...:mad:

Some don´t care about conquest, others do. Some don´t care about being on the TOP of the leaderboard, others do. Please respect, that for some of us the effort is worth it. And it is not the point, to be the 10 th to get the rewards, for some of us it is the goal to WIN.

And why are so many thinking, that we log in to make crafting and log out the rest of the week? The stuff we need to craft: oh yeah, we just have to stand over there five minutes under the tree and open our arms wide, so we will have enough to "steal" a planet. All the OPs, FPs, Flights, PVP matches our small guild makes in this time, we do them all offline of course... :confused::rolleyes:

We work hard for it and if only a few in the really big guilds would give the same power in it, they would win. They could do it as well, just have to move their *** and not to say: ah my guild is big enough, someone will do it for me. Oh... we did not win? Ahh: a little guild stole it with hard work? Really?

But with this change: no way for little guilds. And no, I don´t want to go in a big guild, were no one knows the other or in one of these that will break some day because the people there doesn`t match with each other... All the pain in the stomach I had with things like that in the past... no, our little guild is heaven compared with that...

And I like the feeling to know, that I have worked for that planet we have conquered...