in honour of KOTFE's final "nail"in the coffin lets rember the other "final" nails

Jrr_hypernova

like when it went free to play or that time it was definitly going to clouse a week after the skill revamp.

or how about the TOR needs more sandbox mmo stuff because SWG had them of it doesnt it will fold like SWG did.

so whats your favourite "final" nail?

My favorite final nail is the day a subscriber posts 6 misspellings in his/her title and two subsequent sentence fragments and one mispunctuated sentence on the General Discussion forum. I am granting you the British/Canadian spelling of "honour", etc. Children need to learn how to write.

like when it went free to play or that time it was definitly going to clouse a week after the skill revamp.

or how about the TOR needs more sandbox mmo stuff because SWG had them of it doesnt it will fold like SWG did.

To summarize:

Remember

Definitely

Close

If

Doesn't

What's

That is all.

Should we rename "Final Nail" to "Preliminary Final Nail." I mean, unless the event causing the finality of TOR actually results in finalization, shouldn't we consider them as Preliminary?

What this thread needs is more "Slap in the face".

I thought you was gonna say "Cow Bell."

Edited by WorldSmasher

In all seriousness, I hate it when people who have otherwise legitimate subjective or even objective complaints go off the deep end and start claiming that this or that change is the "end of the game" or will "kill subscriptions" or whatever.

It just makes whatever legitimate point they might have had look stupid by association, and lets trolls and fanboys and the rest of the usual suspects paint anyone who has an issue come up or an objection to something in the game or some upcoming change, as some sort of lunatic doomsayer.

Some of us really do have our issues with some aspects of the game, and some past and future changes really disappoint us, but at least we're realistic enough about it to realize that different people have different tastes, and those who disagree with us will probably keep the game going for at least a while longer yet.

That time everyone left the game to critique other player's writing abilities on the forums!

No wait, that was just Dreamquencher. Carry on then.

Seriously though the slot machine fiasco was pretty funny. However only Bioware would know how many people whom were "never spending a cent on the CM market again" actually backed it up.

Hmm, lots of final nails in the coffin here. Lessee, there was:

slot machines

no new warzones

skill tree changes

cartel market introduced in 2.0

exploits

shadow of revan

rise of the hutt cartel

no pazac

no pod racing

strongholds

gsf

tactical flashpoints

changes to bh animations

world of warcraft

rift

wildstar

guild wars 2

swg's old nge comparisons :rolleyes:

battlefront

eve online

I'm sure I'm missing something. :p

My favorite nail was when people claimed wildstar would kill this game.

and GW2

and Elder Scrolls

And *insert flavor of the day here*

Truth is when SWTOR dies it will because of SWTOR itself, not some other game

EA has made lots of blunders and mis steps and should be VERY HAPPY this has Star Wars in the title as some of those same mis steps have actually destroyed titles in the past.

And times did get pretty dire around here for a period of time.

But subscribers and cartel market (supported by subscribers) saved the day then.

EA should be dang happy so many subscribers willing to fork out $20-$30-$50.00 a month extra for cartel coins, as well as pay the monthly sub. Cause the so called savior F2P really hasn't pumped that much money into game when all is said and done.

I think my 2 favorite final nails was

1) Not being like SWG (that one always made me laugh as they basically saying "you will fail because you didnt copy what the last failed Star Wars game did". And yet that crowd never seems to understand the contradiction in their claims.

2) Wildstar/GW2. Wildstar funny as its cartoon graphics. ANYONE with any time spent in the MMORPG genre knows cartoon graphics have a small fan base following and does not appeal to the larger market. Wildstar was never going to be more then a niche game because of its graphical imagery.

GW2 is funny because GW1 was no where the success they were trying to suggest it was. GW1 was big in UK but the other markets were minimal at best. There was no reason what so ever to think GW2 was going to draw from outside its already established markets. And for most part it did not.

My favorite final nail is the day a subscriber posts 6 misspellings in his/her title and two subsequent sentence fragments and one mispunctuated sentence on the General Discussion forum. I am granting you the British/Canadian spelling of "honour", etc. Children need to learn how to write.

You must be very bitter and lonely. :(

No, he lives in a perfect world where people around the globe can speak perfect british. We shouldn't probably remind him how many nationalities are here on the forums - poor guy can get a heart attack.

And as to my favorite nail? I have two already mentioned here - Wildstar being the "killer" of both SWtOR and WoW and of course the disciplines change ("Nobody will play a dumbed down game!!!11!!111").

Edited by Asheris

That time everyone left the game to critique other player's writing abilities on the forums!

No wait, that was just Dreamquencher. Carry on then.

:p Nice one. :D

Seriously though the slot machine fiasco was pretty funny. However only Bioware would know how many people whom were "never spending a cent on the CM market again" actually backed it up.

Well, I wasn't one of the hardheads on this topic, but I did say that I will not spend another cent on CCs anymore as a response to that slot machine fiasco and I stood and stand by my word. I said I would keep on buying 60 day gametime cards, but that's it. So, at least you have one person who backed his claim up. :cool:

(The gametime cards that I bought this year, I actually bought with coupons I won or earned for questionnaires, so basically I haven't spend one Euro on this game after that fiasco. That is just a coincidence though. And I refered a friend to this game who became a sub and buys CC, so all is good.) ;)

Ontopic: I cannot choose which nail was the best. However, I loved the most all the long posts about how the game economy will explode for various reasons. E. g. how housing would ruin the market. I suppose a ruined ingame economy would eventually lead to this game dying, so this would be my choice: ruined game economy. :p

Have you checked how quiet the servers are? So your 'final nail' maybe closer than you think.

"[insert x game] is coming out soon and will completely kill TOR!" never gets old. Because people merely play this because it's a MMORPG and thus every new game of the same genre that comes out is sure to be a contender :confused:

Truth is when SWTOR dies it will because of SWTOR itself, not some other game

That or another Star Wars MMORPG.

quiet? Are yo uplaying the same game as the rest of us. There are only two servers or so that are EVER light.

I like your optimism, but checking it at this moment, there was exactly one server that wasn't. Of course, that's to be expected at this time of the day, though, more Standard will be seen when people are not at work/in school or, in case of the American servers, asleep.

no kidding. i can't stand the grammar nazi's. di stoped looking for my mistakes wehn typing a long time ago. my brain is 10 thouhts ahead before i realize it and all kinds of mistakes can happen. wound up taking twice as long as it took to type it to fix it:p

Whats amusing is your trying to joke as if the people who said this game was headed to doom were wrong, when they were not.

While its highly unlikely that the game will close any time soon, it certainly has underperformed and let down many.

Simply existing doesn't make your game as success, darkfall is still around with like 20 players total.

This game will never be the game SWG was.