How Do You Know Your Team Is Bad

Svarthrafn

What indicators tell you that your team is bad? Sometimes the other team is good, and occasionally luck plays a role or you have player that blows it; but what is one of the things you see that makes you step back and say "Yeah, we're pretty bad."

I'll start:

- I'm not very good, so when after the loss if I am at the top of the leaderboard for multiple categories I know the team had to be pretty bad.

What indicators tell you that your team is bad? Sometimes the other team is good, and occasionally luck plays a role or you have player that blows it; but what is one of the things you see that makes you step back and say "Yeah, we're pretty bad."

I'll start:

- I'm not very good, so when after the loss if I am at the top of the leaderboard for multiple categories I know the team had to be pretty bad.

In my case, I take as an indication either the DPS/HPS/Protection in Arenas or the Objective Points in other WZs. If one of the 4/8 has lots of those, but the others are extremely lacking, it usually means that either you won by luck, you got carried by that guy... or that you lost. :eek:

Let's see:

-Multiple people go to grab pylon.

-People grab pylon or anything else and then leave it undefended.

-People just melt when meeting the enemy.

-No healers.

-Nobody is looking inside bunkers or at the doors.

-People don't call.

-People have no "awareness". To translate people can't figure out if they are 5 fighting 2 then the rest are probably attacking that other node you got.

-people don't assist when someone asks for help at a node.

-people can't brake from combat at a node to go assist some other node that is under attack.

-people throw CC's with no thought in huttball giving the enemy ball carrier a whitebar and I can't push him off (or whatever other combinations).

-People don't focus ball carrier and just fight randomly.

-people don't go for ball

-people fight away from nodes in the middle of nowhere.

I can find more, really. I can spot a bad team in under a minute so I can leave.

In my case, I take as an indication either the DPS/HPS/Protection in Arenas or the Objective Points in other WZs. If one of the 4/8 has lots of those, but the others are extremely lacking, it usually means that either you won by luck, you got carried by that guy... or that you lost. :eek:

This can be an indicator at times others not so much.

I can count the time I have watched teammates go tunnel vision on a guy on the other team that is better positioned and kiting well due to his positioning ignoring their teammate who got trapped and has 3 DPS on him allowing him to be killed and yet they blame him.

This is certainly true when you get teams with 3 sins who go off on their own and leave their 1 Jug/PT/non-stealth alone to be free meat.

To me positioning and coordination is key, If you have a strat where you have your jug diving him and choking your target but at the start of the match you get routed and don't go in with him and let him get tunneled and then cry about him well its your fault to.

Likewise if your the jug and you see that your agreed on target is in the back and blocked by their DPS don't go diving bombing in expecting your team to follow you, in some cases it is said leeroy Jenkins fault for diving into a bad position.

Edited by DirtyDiggler

I tend to check armour and valor - that's the easiest. Or if I see the brilliant tactic of 1-0-7 in civil war for example. You can normally tell just by looking at how players respond or how many are trying to do the objectives. In Coast, you press M and see where the bads are.

Let's see:

-No healers.

-People don't call.

-People have no "awareness". To translate people can't figure out if they are 5 fighting 2 then the rest are probably attacking that other node you got.

-people can't brake from combat at a node to go assist some other node that is under attack.

-people throw CC's with no thought in huttball giving the enemy ball carrier a whitebar and I can't push him off (or whatever other combinations).

I can find more, really. I can spot a bad team in under a minute so I can leave.

So very right you are. Sadly. I had a tank yesterday that didn't guard or taunt. That would be understandable in lowbies (perhaps he was new or didn't have the abilities yet) but he was 57...

Let's see:

-No healers.

-People don't call.

Your first one isn't bad actually, most of the time some strealther (or for the really skilled players, 2-3 stealth) will try to either stall or cap

Well so far from today...

1v3'ing the defending team in voidstar for over 2 minutes and the other 7 people on my team can't cap the door only fighting 5 defenders.

Doubling the dps of your whole team...as a scrapper.

Watching a level 58 sage hardcast vanquish. (Class is hard confirmed)

Trying to group stealth a team member to grass and instead of following me they walk directly into the stealth scan right in front of them.

Let's see:

-No healers.

-People don't call.

completely agree with u.

It is funny to read whispers from such teammates after u quit, that u ruined their brilliant tactical 'game'.

p.s. and that huttball also, i always quit from it. Just becouse it is huttball.

Edited by veronaaaa

This can be an indicator at times others not so much.

I can count the time I have watched teammates go tunnel vision on a guy on the other team that is better positioned and kiting well due to his positioning ignoring their teammate who got trapped and has 3 DPS on him allowing him to be killed and yet they blame him.

This is certainly true when you get teams with 3 sins who go off on their own and leave their 1 Jug/PT/non-stealth alone to be free meat.

To me positioning and coordination is key, If you have a strat where you have your jug diving him and choking your target but at the start of the match you get routed and don't go in with him and let him get tunneled and then cry about him well its your fault to.

Likewise if your the jug and you see that your agreed on target is in the back and blocked by their DPS don't go diving bombing in expecting your team to follow you, in some cases it is said leeroy Jenkins fault for diving into a bad position.

I think I said DPS/Protection/HPS are the first thing I look at in Arenas... That doesn't mean it's all I look at.

Clearly, if I see one teammate struggles because he's focused, I'll do my best to peel off him, offheal him or, why not, pulling him away from trouble. :confused:

In normal WZs I focus on Objective points because I get some nice Healing Numbers just by selfhealing, so that's not an accurate estimate of how good ppl are. And also, because to get Objective Points you have to actually play smart and work on the objectives the WZ has, deathmatching won't help with that. :p

Also, in the second case of a Jugg you mention, you could just jump at your target, walk past him, Force Push him towards your teammates and jump back. :D

I know a team will be bad when I ask in chat who wants to do guard duty and there is silence. In tandem to this, I say in chat that I will be going to mid and we need someone to get grass or west, we all land and I watch as the entire team goes to mid forcing me (again and again an again) to be the default guard. It never amazes me the reasons people come up with why guard duty is beneath them. I swear only 5% of the Pub population has actually done guard duty.

People who go full ****tard rage when they aren't helping anyway at all. Like really if you aren't doing anything productive besides yelling at the other team or your own team Just stop. You are contributing nothing. Edited by FerkWork

Here is another one. I say in Ops chat, let's change up the game and get grass and snow and let them have mid only to get read the riot act because Pubs just do grass and mid. Or I say, send a stealth to snow and, if we get it, leave mid and defend snow. We get snow and then nobody leaves mid to defend it and then we lose snow. Or, send a Shadow and Scoundrel to the east door to bomb it (one guy stuns, the other bombs) only the person whose job was to stun instead attacks!

I know a team will be bad when I ask in chat who wants to do guard duty and there is silence. In tandem to this, I say in chat that I will be going to mid and we need someone to get grass or west, we all land and I watch as the entire team goes to mid forcing me (again and again an again) to be the default guard. It never amazes me the reasons people come up with why guard duty is beneath them. I swear only 5% of the Pub population has actually done guard duty.

Haha, so true. I'll do the same and rarely do I get a reply. End result is I go guard the node, around 90% of the time.

Then occasionally I'll get a homointernettoughguy scream out that my dps was bad....

A loose idea of how many times I look up from where i'm supposed to be and go "where the hell is my entire team?" before getting globalled 3+ on 1.

After about the third time i start thinking they're not great.

Haha I forgot about that one.

"Ouch, that sucked. Where is everybody? Maybe we're getting hit at our node and I missed the call."

<respawns, runs to controlled node, sees lone node guard>

"Hmmmmmmm."

<runs to enemy node, sees teammate 5v1'd>

"Where in the **** is everybody???"

<meanwhile there is one guy from team talking crap in general this whole time>

I tend to check armour and valor - that's the easiest. Or if I see the brilliant tactic of 1-0-7 in civil war for example. You can normally tell just by looking at how players respond or how many are trying to do the objectives. In Coast, you press M and see where the bads are.

Valor not always a good sign. I came back a few days ago at valor 90 and i couldnt really remember how to play :)

P.s i think i remember you when we had nightmare lands server :)

Heresy!

Losses are never due to the opposition's skill. Neither are they ever your own fault. Losses can only be due to a team of scrubs too bad to carry.

Edited by MiaowZedong

Valor not always a good sign. I came back a few days ago at valor 90 and i couldnt really remember how to play :)

P.s i think i remember you when we had nightmare lands server :)

I just about remember you too! Welcome back! I'm just going on what I have seen. From my experience the two go hand in hand. Of course, you can have a badly geared player who actually can be good as they posses the main ingredient bads lack - common sense!

PS: if you need any credits, send me a message on here and I will forward you some :)

Edited by DarthMaulUK

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.