August Livestream Wrap-up

EricMusco

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't imagine them taking away companion gifts, they likely would have said something by now.

If influence works basicly the same as affection does now I guess that we still have use for the companion gifts.

We have to raise the influence to max somehow.

And we all know the single most important thing for any woman in a video game is that she be attractive to you, amirite guys? :rolleyes:

She don't have to be necessarily attractive.

But if she must be on screen so often, I do not want to be disgusted every time I see her.

Eric,

For the companions stats, you state that they will increase stat-wise as you increase in level. However, this leaves me wondering the following:

Will their stats be based off of your item quality / stats, or just a flat level basis?

I ask, because if it is a flat level basis, then there is a good chance that at certain points in the game, the companions will not be as effective as they used to be when you could gear them up with blue/purple modifications. I have seen a really well geared companion heal for a group rather decently in a heroic.

I feel like the companion's stats should increase in quality as your character does, so they keep up with the content you are playing in. I also feel like you should be able to choose a stat orientation, since you can now, so that the companion goes more towards crits/surges, or just straight up power, or in tank form shielding vs straight defense.

I hope this made sense.

I asked a similar question and would likewise love to hear a response. Definitely glad I'm not the only one who noticed the potential glass ceiling effect.

I asked a similar question and would likewise love to hear a response. Definitely glad I'm not the only one who noticed the potential glass ceiling effect.

There was a bioware post further back in that said that both Presence and Influence was going to provide them with bonuses/buffs.

There was a bioware post further back in that said that both Presence and Influence was going to provide them with bonuses/buffs.

Indeed there was, however that still fails to address the question of the glass ceiling effect. Scaling by level caps out at level cap and no further improvements can be received. Your own gear might get better but your companion will remain the same.

Likewise adding the loyalty modifier further improves the scaling past the level cap but the question remains, by how much? Are companions scaled in such a way that if converted into the current system that is in place now, would companions be essentially wearing gear with the highest item rating currently available? Or will the loyalty scaling be far less?

Lastly, there is a finite amount of presence, which is also usually provides a static bonus. It's handy for the damage and health but usually hurts the player too much if you start to favor it.

There is also the issue of the allocation of paper stats on the companion, and the lack of customization as the other poster mentioned.

No they will not. Now all Companions will simply just be better at Crew Skills the higher their Influence is.

He means will they have generic crew skill bonuses like Treek and HK because if not you should probably speak to the devs to get a confirmation on that.

Indeed there was, however that still fails to address the question of the glass ceiling effect. Scaling by level caps out at level cap and no further improvements can be received. Your own gear might get better but your companion will remain the same.

Likewise adding the loyalty modifier further improves the scaling past the level cap but the question remains, by how much? Are companions scaled in such a way that if converted into the current system that is in place now, would companions be essentially wearing gear with the highest item rating currently available? Or will the loyalty scaling be far less?

Lastly, there is a finite amount of presence, which is also usually provides a static bonus. It's handy for the damage and health but usually hurts the player too much if you start to favor it.

There is also the issue of the allocation of paper stats on the companion, and the lack of customization as the other poster mentioned.

Like so many questions in this thread... just wait until early access.

It's not like you can do anything with the information if/when they answer questions. :)

It's not like you can do anything with the information if/when they answer questions. :)

My subscription runs out around the time of early access.

I can decide now whether to renew before then, or finally write the game off an ongoing cycle of anything I put effort into being fundamentally changed, of flexibility and customization of actual mechanical parts of the game being removed in favor of... other stuff.

Edited by Max_Killjoy

There was a comment at some point from the devs that missions from existing content will not be completable after starting the new content. Does this include companion missions and conversations, or just class and planetary stories? Are heroics and flashpoints included?

There was a comment at some point from the devs that missions from existing content will not be completable after starting the new content. Does this include companion missions and conversations, or just class and planetary stories? Are heroics and flashpoints included?

I think that includes the companion stuff, anything that was story related (not Dailies) before KoTFE becomes unavailable for completion once you begin the xpac. I could be wrong but that's what I think is happening as far as I can tell.... so better get those companion quests finished before early access.

Yes and no, I'm certainly waiting for early access. But asking questions and providing feedback may have an impact on the development between now and then. Never underestimate the possibility and changes that come about from someone asking a question or providing a suggestion you may not have considered before. :)

Yes and no, I'm certainly waiting for early access. But asking questions and providing feedback may have an impact on the development between now and then. Never underestimate the possibility and changes that come about from someone asking a question or providing a suggestion you may not have considered before. :)

That is part of the reason they have said something about the changes, looking for feed back.

And we all know the single most important thing for any woman in a video game is that she be attractive to you, amirite guys? :rolleyes:

And you are trying to find fault in it? You think that only male think of having sex with attractive opposite gender? People will always want that is attractive, you will not take a person seriously if that person has a face full of pimples.

I hoped, we will regroup our former comrades with series of quests. What they do without us in 4 year. You should think about that. That makes 40 quest total, 5 for per class and they can be scatter around easily. I'd like to save scorpio from hands of scrappers :)

1. Will there be an option to buy much more character slots per server?

2. Will there finally be an option to at least take the hood OFF?

I seem to recall someone saying that they are trying to increase the characters per server limit, but they are having trouble with it, same for increasing the number of strongholds that you can own

I seem to recall someone saying that they are trying to increase the characters per server limit, but they are having trouble with it, same for increasing the number of strongholds that you can own

Yeah, the last I heard about it was that they are investigating if we can have more slots. I think the outlander will be a extra slot when we activate it.

We are six weeks from release. If you think any major changes will come from what they have in alpha testing...

They will fix bugs. Not as many as reported... because it is not fundamentally necessary to hold a release to fix every possible bug.

They will make adjustments to game play on what they have planned for release, based on closed alpha feedback... to some degree, if it is something not working as intended.

They WILL NOT make changes based on questions/suggestions in this thread. It's too late for that. They may make changes later, based on player feedback and analytics on the live servers.

It is very likely that they froze the design and features of 4.0 about the time they announced it. Why? Because a moving spec would never be completed and never released. You have to lock the design so that devs can actually finish it, debug it to a reasonable degree, and prep it for release.

Edited by Andryah