I'm excited about the new Expansion

halcyon_havoc

1 I don't want them to talk about it.

2 Its going to be something very different and exciting

3 The cry babies who always threaten to quit, may just do that. That is worth the expansion alone

4 The game won't lose subs or money, despite what the basement dwellers think

5 did I mention I was excited too?

There, I said it. Bioware is going back to what they know they do best. I think they'll knock it out of the park.

Ssshhhhhhh!

According to many doomsday worshipers here, KotFE is an expansion that nobody asked for and that Bioware and EA is purposely trying to destroy the game just for the lulz!

Ssshhhhhhh!

According to many doomsday worshipers here, KotFE is an expansion that nobody asked for and that Bioware and EA is purposely trying to destroy the game just for the lulz!

No, actually, that would just be what you are saying other people are saying, because you have a hard time reading things in context.

What other people are saying is that BioWare needs to live up to the standards of their contemporaries in terms of how they communicate information from the game, and that they are past frustrated being told by BioWare that there will be better communication, or that something will be covered on a given date or date range, only for it not to happen.

But hey, if you enjoy a company's marketing department lying to you on a regular basis, I hear big tobacco is always looking for new customers...

No, actually, that would just be what you are saying other people are saying, because you have a hard time reading things in context.

What other people are saying is that BioWare needs to live up to the standards of their contemporaries in terms of how they communicate information from the game, and that they are past frustrated being told by BioWare that there will be better communication, or that something will be covered on a given date or date range, only for it not to happen.

But hey, if you enjoy a company's marketing department lying to you on a regular basis, I hear big tobacco is always looking for new customers...

I think you make things really complex.

At the end of the day, when I log into SWTOR, I tend to have fun and have been doing so ever since I came back as a subscriber after leaving for nearly 3 years. I am finally excited for this new expansion I have been playing this game non stop for about 2 weeks now and will continue leveling characters all the way up to the KotFE release.

Could their communication with fans be better? Sure, but I am not going to let the be a litmus test for whether or not I am excited for KotFE or not.

At the end of the day it has nothing to do with communication but rather people being irked about KotFE being story focused with a heavy emphasis on solo play.

I'm excited for the new story, I just wish they'd communicate more details about it with us. For example, I want to know what's going to happen with my companions, on whom I spent a lot of time and credits to get them to like me. Plus I'm kind of attached to them now. I'd like to know which ones will be back. I don't think it's unreasonable to ask them to let us know what their plans are for them.

I love the idea of trying to kick out a new enemy and I'm excited for almost all those changes, I just want to know what's up with my toon's "besties", as they say.

Hey man, I wouldn't risk posting a link to that site. Even though the dataminers have been more engaging and informative with SWTOR fans than Bioware's community team I don't think you should draw attention to them here. After the warning thread earlier I'd hate to see Eric Musco jump on your *** on Monday or cause any blowback for them. Edited by WickerManSixOOne

Your toon's besties will not be included in the story in KOTFE. Unless you like Skadge.

https://torcommunity.com/database/update-previews/858-kotfe-companion-compendium

Whatever makes you think his "besties" are the Love Interests only? And that Skadge will have a major part? Your article lists him as one of the only "killable" companion.

For more than half my characters, LI are not a factor at all (Both my BH need Blizz more than Torian/Mako, both my SI are pals with Khem Val, Talos and Xalek, and so on...)

There, I said it. Bioware is going back to what they know they do best. I think they'll knock it out of the park.

Same. I love story content and I'll be getting very busy again soon, so I won't have time for ops. For me, the next expansion is a welcome addition for that reason. However, I do hope the expansion is not short. The last thing I want is to play one afternoon and be done with it, that'd be kinda lame. And I hope the characters atleast get plenty of unique dialogues, it'd be a letdown that every class uses the same sentences all the time. It'd make my characters feel out of place and clones of eachother.

All the whiners (who are more often than not PvP whiners or simply trolls for lulz) aside, I am looking forward to this expansion. Will there be things about it I don't like? Probably. That's just life. But, if I am enjoying the game overall, then it's all good. Some folks aren't happy unless they are complaining, I guess. Creating a big buzz over what will or will not be in the game after October is simply good marketing strategy. Would I like to know more? Of course! But the "not knowing", although stressful for some folks, is what the grand reveal is all about. I think a lot of those who are losing their sh*t because they aren't being told every detail are the kind that sneak a peak at all their Christmas presents before Christmas rather than waiting to be surprised.

All the whiners (who are more often than not PvP whiners or simply trolls for lulz) aside, I am looking forward to this expansion. Will there be things about it I don't like? Probably. That's just life. But, if I am enjoying the game overall, then it's all good. Some folks aren't happy unless they are complaining, I guess. Creating a big buzz over what will or will not be in the game after October is simply good marketing strategy. Would I like to know more? Of course! But the "not knowing", although stressful for some folks, is what the grand reveal is all about. I think a lot of those who are losing their sh*t because they aren't being told every detail are the kind that sneak a peak at all their Christmas presents before Christmas rather than waiting to be surprised.

Thats what it all boils down to, this zero sum fight between many fans. KotFE is solo focused so the ones complaining are probably pvpers or raiders.

I have little faith in EA delivering a quality product beyond the bare minimum.

This expansion will either be another DA2/ME2(bare bones/ fart on the RPG aspects) or a DA:Inquisition.(mediocre compromise, boring story)

I'm excited to see how bad a product they produce. It'll seem great at first what with all 'your choices mattering' just like ME1(Pre-EA) but as soon as all those choices become too cumber$ome for EA to deliver follow troughs on expect the same cheapskate tactics and false promises.

EA is a curse on gaming, wish they'd sod off.

That is all. :)

I'm excited about the story because story equals why I'm here in the first place. Hell I was excited when Ziost came out and that lasted me a good hour to two hours cause it was new and shiny. I'd be more excited if what I'm hoping comes true. And I'm excited cause I'll be sitting here on early access day which just so happens to also be my birthday. *dances*

Dont forget Battlefront!

KotFE will fit in nicely with this fall's gaming lineup. Cant wait!

I'm still on the ropes about battle front, with what has been announced as no longer being a feature (WHERE'S MY SPACE FIGHTS AND GALACTIC CONQUEST!?), the opinions of thsoe that got to play some of it and the footage I've seen on youtube, I won't be rushing to the store for it. Thoguh I will save up my money just in case the reviews come out praising it to be the second coming of christ that it should be.