"As we get to Gamescom we will be talking a lot more about your characters' Alliance"

DarthDymond

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not surprised either. but fact is now, that it has been confirmed that All of our Classes are Meaningless, along with everything we have worked hard for, with no more Class storylines because the Devs are too Few or too Lazy, or both and don't want to spend money to make a Real good game that this Game was.

I cannot even really play this game anymore, it's too depressing when i come here and other sites, and hear the terrible Reality that Everyone will have the same Stupid storyline. That their is no reason to make anymore stupid Alts because it's a Pointless chore. It's very rare that i play now at all.

The Fanbois are always saying that EA never gives Bioware enough money. But there is No Proof of that whatsoever. If EA isn't giving Bioware enough resources for this game, then all they have to do is hold a secret meeting with the Heads of Disney, and tell them that EA is defrauding them. And i'm sure Disney/Lucasfilm will have a big talk with EA.

Fact for right now is...................... That we will no longer have anymore Class stories, and also it has been Confirmed that that we All will get the same Storyline. This game had so much Promise. The only way to probably fix this is to Fire the dumbies that thought this stuff up.

Bad thing is................ Like all Fanbois are, they are still in Denial over everything.

We are also losing so much PvE and PvP content that we should be getting to. And YES PVP MATTERS TO. We have PvP servers hanging on a thread with so many Customers that have left because of No Respect to PvP'ers, along with Our PvP Servers.

How is this a new thing? I'm not trolling, but everyone is running around yelling EVERYONE HAS THE SAME STORY NOW. It's been that way for going on 4 years since the game launched outside of 1 quest on Rishi.

I'm not surprised either. but fact is now, that it has been confirmed that All of our Classes are Meaningless, along with everything we have worked hard for, with no more Class storylines because the Devs are too Few or too Lazy, or both and don't want to spend money to make a Real good game that this Game was.

I cannot even really play this game anymore, it's too depressing when i come here and other sites, and hear the terrible Reality that Everyone will have the same Stupid storyline. That their is no reason to make anymore stupid Alts because it's a Pointless chore. It's very rare that i play now at all.

The Fanbois are always saying that EA never gives Bioware enough money. But there is No Proof of that whatsoever. If EA isn't giving Bioware enough resources for this game, then all they have to do is hold a secret meeting with the Heads of Disney, and tell them that EA is defrauding them. And i'm sure Disney/Lucasfilm will have a big talk with EA.

Fact for right now is...................... That we will no longer have anymore Class stories, and also it has been Confirmed that that we All will get the same Storyline. This game had so much Promise. The only way to probably fix this is to Fire the dumbies that thought this stuff up.

Bad thing is................ Like all Fanbois are, they are still in Denial over everything.

We are also losing so much PvE and PvP content that we should be getting to. And YES PVP MATTERS TO. We have PvP servers hanging on a thread with so many Customers that have left because of No Respect to PvP'ers, along with Our PvP Servers.

They have said that they love to go back to class story and as soon as they have the subscribers they need for that (they have to beat wow subs number) they go back to class story

They have said that they love to go back to class story and as soon as they have the subscribers they need for that (they have to beat wow subs number) they go back to class story

That will NEVER happen. Sure WOW lost some big numbers last week and I would love to say 'what if SWTOR lost 1.5m subs' - but I cant as it doesn't even have 500k let alone 1.5m!

Losing companions or having to regain their affection for sake of story would just be a downer. :confused:

"Omg. Good sir, you were carbonized for years and you expect me to come back, now please give me stupid gifts.. again."

I just fear that. ^

It would be sort of "immersion" only proving lack of creativity.

Edited by Ruskaeth

How is this a new thing? I'm not trolling, but everyone is running around yelling EVERYONE HAS THE SAME STORY NOW. It's been that way for going on 4 years since the game launched outside of 1 quest on Rishi.

Truth, but not only that, virtually every other MMO has the same story regardless of class and doesn't even have any options at ALL, yet people still roll alts in those games.

I have max alts in games like WoW and am pretty sure I have never read a quest there.

In TOR you have plenty of reason to roll alts because the classes are all different, PLUS, even in the vanilla game, you could play the class stories in different ways. LS Warrior has a totally different feel than DS Warrior, etc. And they've said there will be plenty of different choices to take in KOTFE, as opposed to SOR which was one option only.

How many players are ONLY here for the quests...? I mean, maybe I'm strange for having characters that I've played since launch? It's an MMO, the leveling story content is great, but there's more things to do than just watch the story. And yes, there will be with KOTFE too.

I prefer to remain optimistic.

Edited by Beltane

Truth, but not only that, virtually every other MMO has the same story regardless of class and doesn't even have any options at ALL, yet people still roll alts in those games.

I have max alts in games like WoW and am pretty sure I have never read a quest there.

In TOR you have plenty of reason to roll alts because the classes are all different, PLUS, even in the vanilla game, you could play the class stories in different ways. LS Warrior has a totally different feel than DS Warrior, etc. And they've said there will be plenty of different choices to take in KOTFE, as opposed to SOR which was one option only.

How many players are ONLY here for the quests...? I mean, maybe I'm strange for having characters that I've played since launch? It's an MMO, the leveling story content is great, but there's more things to do than just watch the story. And yes, there will be with KOTFE too.

I prefer to remain optimistic.

The difference between this game and WoW (and other MMOs) is that WoW is based on MMO features, while SWTOR is currently not developing MMO features and putting all of their resources into story. In this case, there shouldn't be "a" storyline, but many interrelated stories, ideally multiple per class.

Going cheap on story and ignoring MMO features is a recipe for disaster. And the fact that Bioware has nothing to say about how a large proportion of their playerbase is perceiving the "expansion" is worrisome. It makes it seem like they having nothing.

It could be worse than what we think. Really, how are we going to choose companions through story content? They could spend a ton of money, time and talent to make it cool, or they could do it cheap in a short timeframe with limited staff and it'll suck. With this game's history, especially in light of their failures this year -- failed PvE competition, failing ranked PvP, buggy/laggy/linear expansion, unbalanced class system/boring skill system -- the obvious answer isn't the one we want to hear.

Edited by MuratReis

The difference between this game and WoW (and other MMOs) is that WoW is based on MMO features, while SWTOR is currently not developing MMO features and putting all of their resources into story. In this case, there shouldn't be "a" storyline, but many interrelated stories, ideally multiple per class.

This kind of sums things up. IF story was such a big deal for MMO gamers, SWTOR wouldn't have bombed like it did just after launch. Bioware have spent the past 4 years messing things up, adding little features, broken functionality and then turn back full circle and announce 'STORY'.

Do they honestly think players will PAY £9 a month for short episodes whilst the rest of the game remains stale and is creaking? I came back hoping things will/would change but again, I maybe was expecting too much. The end of this game is near.

This kind of sums things up. IF story was such a big deal for MMO gamers, SWTOR wouldn't have bombed like it did just after launch. Bioware have spent the past 4 years messing things up, adding little features, broken functionality and then turn back full circle and announce 'STORY'.

Do they honestly think players will PAY £9 a month for short episodes whilst the rest of the game remains stale and is creaking? I came back hoping things will/would change but again, I maybe was expecting too much. The end of this game is near.

I'm a big fan of BioWare solo games, I enjoy SWTOR mainly for its story (and companions). My friends, who play SWTOR regularly, do it mainly for its story. We're all subbed and can't wait for the episodic... wait for it... STORY. :p

Going cheap on story and ignoring MMO features is a recipe for disaster. And the fact that Bioware has nothing to say about how a large proportion of their playerbase is perceiving the "expansion" is worrisome. It makes it seem like they having nothing.

It could be worse than what we think. Really, how are we going to choose companions through story content? They could spend a ton of money, time and talent to make it cool, or they could do it cheap in a short timeframe with limited staff and it'll suck. With this game's history, especially in light of their failures this year -- failed PvE competition, failing ranked PvP, buggy/laggy/linear expansion, unbalanced class system/boring skill system -- the obvious answer isn't the one we want to hear.

I agree their lack of communication is really bad and leads people to assume the worst, but I mean... it has been since launch, so at least that's nothing new.

But I'm also holding out hope. ALL they have said is that there won't be new warzones, operations, etc for the launch of KOTFE which is at the end of October. They said the new MMO content would come out next year... which is technically only 2 months after the launch of KOTFE. They also just confirmed at the latest Q&A that they are always working on new PVP maps and dungeons/raids internally.

I just think it's too early to assume we won't get any more MMO content whatsoever. They just really should address it. I don't understand the lack of transparency.

Then there's the fact that it's okay if not all content thrills everyone. Even if they added a new raid every week it would leave a huge chunk of the community with nothing to do since not everyone raids. Tons of people have wanted more story since launch so it's not a bad decision to feed that niche for a while.

Finally, I have to disagree that they took the cheap route. They took the expensive route by getting a new cinematic trailer and hiring a ton of voice actors. It's way cheaper to make raids and PVP maps.

Edited by Beltane

I just think it's too early to assume we won't get any more MMO content whatsoever. They just really should address it. I don't understand the lack of transparency.

They have stated SEVERAL TIMES that there WILL BE new Ops and Flashpoints. SEVERAL TIMES. This huge uproar is simply that there won't be any available AT LAUNCH of the new expansion. The game is getting what sounds like a huge overhaul - it won't kill anyone or slap anyone's face to wait a bit more as additional new material of different kinds of content is released under the new systems. (It is funny that some people insist that only Ops are "content" when that's far from accurate.)

They have stated SEVERAL TIMES that there WILL BE new Ops and Flashpoints. SEVERAL TIMES. This huge uproar is simply that there won't be any available AT LAUNCH of the new expansion. The game is getting what sounds like a huge overhaul - it won't kill anyone or slap anyone's face to wait a bit more as additional new material of different kinds of content is released under the new systems. (It is funny that some people insist that only Ops are "content" when that's far from accurate.)

You might be happy with Bioware's low standards, but many are not. Let's not forget that this game is under a massive content DROUGHT and having just 'story' wasn't enough to keep players interested when the game launched, and I will bet you 10m credits it won't be enough to keep people playing after the 'relaunch' either.

History is repeating itself.

Edited by DarthMaulUK

You might be happy with Bioware's low standards, but many are not. Let's not forget that this game is under a massive content DROUGHT and having just 'story' wasn't enough to keep players interested when the game launched, and I will bet you 10m credits it won't be enough to keep people playing after the 'relaunch' either.

History is repeating itself.

Especially when said "story" seems to involve ignoring or throwing out a lot of what our characters have already done, especially from the point of view of those for whom companions really matter.

I agree that MMO content is "coming."

If Bioware said they have been developing PvP and ops all along at Gamescom, then they contradicted their previous statement of not starting development in these areas until next year. Either way, we'll probably see some MMO content in about a 10-12 months.

There is the possibility that the story will be great. The companion changes could be really fun. There could be a lot of complexity to it. We'll have to wait and see.

It would be nice if Bioware would be more open with what they have planned. Faith doesn't go very far in MMO development, especially when dealing with subscribers...

Edited by MuratReis

I agree that MMO content is "coming."

If Bioware said they have been developing PvP and ops all along at Gamescom, then they contradicted their previous statement of not starting development in these areas until next year. Either way, we'll probably see some MMO content in about a 10-12 months.

There is the possibility that the story will be great. The companion changes could be really fun. There could be a lot of complexity to it. We'll have to wait and see.

It would be nice if Bioware would be more open with what they have planned. Faith doesn't go very far in MMO development, especially when dealing with subscribers...

It wasn't directly said they are actively developing them, but that they are constantly prototyping new ideas for Ops are WZs, but that mot of them do not go very far, because they do not work as they would want them to.

They did state that they will not start new work until KotFE launches at very least, because it apparently takes every scrap of Resources™ they have available.

At least an update on why there hasn't been an update, seriously. :confused:

A notification about server downtime has been on the top of the Dev Tracker for almost a week, and the last post which wasn't from Customer Services was from last month; you wouldn't think we were less than 3 months away from release... Not every update has to be a full blog post with all the details, just tell us what's going in, give us a bone to chew on while we run the same ops/flashpoints for almost a year. :(

Losing companions or having to regain their affection for sake of story would just be a downer. :confused:

"Omg. Good sir, you were carbonized for years and you expect me to come back, now please give me stupid gifts.. again."

I just fear that. ^

It would be sort of "immersion" only proving lack of creativity.

Honestly I wouldn't have a problem with that. However, I believe that it will be much worse -- I believe that some companions will be gone forever.

Honestly I wouldn't have a problem with that. However, I believe that it will be much worse -- I believe that some companions will be gone forever.

Feeling the same way, the fact that little or no real discussion is bad.