BOYCOTTING PvP until balance is restored.

BeoAzazel

Here are the problems, not going to bother with suggesting how to fix them. Oh and for those who will respond 'QQ' or any other non-constructive feedback, we are all aware that if these changes were fixed your fun would be affected and you would no longer be able to easy-button your way through pvp.

Healers - Groups of healers all able to que together and chain heal each other without ever running out of focus or energy make killing them impossible (even with CC). An average of 3-4 healers can be found in every match, on the same team, all grouped up and able to chain heal eachother. No diminished healing returns or exhaustion of their resource pool, just a constant stream of never ending health.

Guardians - Even in Defensive stances guardians DPS, CC abilities, Shielding and self healing abilities are so superior to any other class that they literally stand out like a sore thumb. 1 guardian can literally take on 3 players (one of which is a healer) all in equivalent PVP gear and still come out on top. Their cooldowns are shorter than all of the others, their CCs allow them constant interrupts, their shielding procs increased AND their DPS output is increased all at the same time. And they out DPS DPS-Only classes with ease...

Mauraders/Mercs - Their dps output is laughable, their combat mechanics are limited and highly resisted. Their self heal (kolto shield) is no where close to the strength of guardians (of which can completely heal all of their health in seconds while beating your face in at the same time). The Innovative Ordinance class has do-able dps output but the heat generated from it is so high that it falls short in seconds where as guardians can keep that level of dps (or higher) for entire minutes. Health and defense is a joke but as it should be, they are after all a dps class but when you have 'tanks' who can out dps you (and out CC) Maura and Mercs go down before they have a chance to react.

I have devoted a lot of time into building up my two Bounty Hunters only to be disappointed with both of them due to this imbalance. I will not be pvp'ing until these issues in imbalance are corrected. Now, I've been told on a few occasions that EA doesn't care about their players. I for one have dumped a ton of money into this game (cartel market) because I enjoy it. If this is not addressed I will seek out other games for entertainment. Though one subscriber walking away won't hurt the bigger picture I can't believe I'd be the ONLY player who would move on to more balanced and fair games.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Complains one paragraph about how OP healers are, then complains next paragraph that a tank guardian can win a 1v3 where one of the three is a healer.

Guardians/juggs aren't even one of the current holy trinity, so how do you feel about sins, sorcs, and PT's?

Groups of healers all able to que together and chain heal each other without ever running out of focus or energy make killing them impossible (even with CC).

OMG. Please tell me how to heal with Focus. I seem to only have healing abilities that don't consume focus and have a 60 second cooldown. :(

PvP is actually a total joke. both ranked or warzones.

never seen such incompetence and lack of good sense by a development team. minimum 8 month and 3 ranked seasons which ridiculise totally the Pvp part of BW. and they continue to ignore that few classes overwhelmed all the rest.

4vs4 arenas -> the end. end of balance,end of warzones, totally uninteresting anymore. you created 2 PvPs and both are just boring.

4vs4 arenas -> the end. end of balance,end of warzones, totally uninteresting anymore. you created 2 PvPs and both are just boring.

I disagree with this. SWTOR PvP has its problems, but it's still fun.

And why do peeps **** on Arenas so much? All they do is death match in WZs anyway.

and i disagree more mate, at least do 2vs2 ranked arenas with the possibility to group or not, far better than this actual 4vs4 and surely easiest to balance in ar ena AND to not destroy more the warzones.

but sure i continue to PvP, sure i have some fun sometimes like you say, with friends. but srly, it's because star wars, and this cannot be just acceptable enough.

Edited by Thaladan

And why do peeps **** on Arenas so much? All they do is death match in WZs anyway.

Except they dont, the people who complain about arenas are the actual objective focused players. The dips deathmatching out in BFE are the ones making threads complaining about healers and tanks.

Balance is a myth. It's always going to be a roller coaster and certain classes/specs will sit at the top and certain classes/specs will sit at the bottom.

This. Always and in every game and all with some long times between when a power shift happens. Just play the FOTM class or what you think its the most powerful class and accept that we will make fun of you when you then complain about supposedly weaker classes; or play a weaker class and accept that it is really weaker.

Want them to listen?

Unsub and put your concerns in the 'reason for leaving' box.

Jarynowski and Modny aren't going to pay attention to this, they are too busy riding the high praise of their 3.3 idiocy. Sure, they fixed a dozen annoying things, but broke healing so bad that PVP is unplayable with stacked heals.

Here are the problems, not going to bother with suggesting how to fix them. Oh and for those who will respond 'QQ' or any other non-constructive feedback, we are all aware that if these changes were fixed your fun would be affected and you would no longer be able to easy-button your way through pvp.

Healers - Groups of healers all able to que together and chain heal each other without ever running out of focus or energy make killing them impossible (even with CC). An average of 3-4 healers can be found in every match, on the same team, all grouped up and able to chain heal eachother. No diminished healing returns or exhaustion of their resource pool, just a constant stream of never ending health.

Guardians - Even in Defensive stances guardians DPS, CC abilities, Shielding and self healing abilities are so superior to any other class that they literally stand out like a sore thumb. 1 guardian can literally take on 3 players (one of which is a healer) all in equivalent PVP gear and still come out on top. Their cooldowns are shorter than all of the others, their CCs allow them constant interrupts, their shielding procs increased AND their DPS output is increased all at the same time. And they out DPS DPS-Only classes with ease...

Mauraders/Mercs - Their dps output is laughable, their combat mechanics are limited and highly resisted. Their self heal (kolto shield) is no where close to the strength of guardians (of which can completely heal all of their health in seconds while beating your face in at the same time). The Innovative Ordinance class has do-able dps output but the heat generated from it is so high that it falls short in seconds where as guardians can keep that level of dps (or higher) for entire minutes. Health and defense is a joke but as it should be, they are after all a dps class but when you have 'tanks' who can out dps you (and out CC) Maura and Mercs go down before they have a chance to react.

I have devoted a lot of time into building up my two Bounty Hunters only to be disappointed with both of them due to this imbalance. I will not be pvp'ing until these issues in imbalance are corrected. Now, I've been told on a few occasions that EA doesn't care about their players. I for one have dumped a ton of money into this game (cartel market) because I enjoy it. If this is not addressed I will seek out other games for entertainment. Though one subscriber walking away won't hurt the bigger picture I can't believe I'd be the ONLY player who would move on to more balanced and fair games.

#confirmedmarasarebad

http://tinypic.com/r/2mi4aip/8

Also I love how you claim healers are OP, then say a jugg has no problem 3v1 against 2 dps and a healer. #logic

1/10 on troll power

or...

If you are serious you then you probably need to try using keybinds, and using an ability on every global cooldown.

Outside of the insane healing issue this game has now, the pvp system is pretty balanced. I know Mercs/Commandos and Snipes/Slingers will say "but what about our plight of getting steam rolled constantly", sorry I don't feel sorry for you and there's always gonna be a bottom of the barrel class in a MMO (btw this is coming from a long time ret paladin player in WoW, outside of the brief few months we were op in Wotlk, they've been no where near the top 5 classes for pvp).

If you take a look at the leaderboards (at the time of this post) OPs, PT, Maras (well there's at least 2 Maras/Sents over 1700), Assassins and Sorcs are the best classes (and their mirrors) to be in pvp, that's 5 out of 8 classes contending for pvp (Juggs/Guardians are actually doing poorly in ranked it seems), that's 62% of the total classes being viable.

So out of 2 issues (over healing and 2 classes being horrible in ranked) what/whom can you blame the issues that are happening in pvp? the answer is the players. You might ask yourself why blame the players? it's simple, people don't bother to take the time to learn how to pvp or play their class. I can't even put a number on how many times I just see people let healers free cast in pvp or other casters (there's a reason why there's a interrupt ability, fraking use it). I am by no means a top ranked pvper nor do I ever plan to, I do however take the time to learn my class or classes that I play and take the time to learn the basics of pvp, which have literally been the same the last decade (peel, interrupt, cc ect ect).

The sad thing is people will continue to blame EA/Bioware instead of calling out the people who don't take the time to help their team to victory, this isn't CoD so please don't play like it is.

I am only going to address the guardian bit since that is the class I play. Now if 1 guardian can take on 3 people(even with 1 healer lol) and come on top then those 3 must be afk or something. Please tell me you did not had to take on a guardian when you had 1 extra DPS and 1 healer and he beat the 3 of you?

Now if you remove those DCD's then you need to give them something else bud. As it is guardians need a BUFF not a NERF, that or nerf other classes to their level. You should do a quick check in rank and see how guardians are doing there. Asking for nerfs to a class that is already doing poorly in rank is mind boggling.

Many people complain about arenas sine they can see their shortcomings better there. They can't just run around like headless chickens and hope other people are going to pull the win for them there. The more players around them and the least you can see how bad they are.

Edited by Xanas

*snip*

If someone hasn't said it already, I'll say the standard "re-roll" and take advantage of the 12x exp. That's about as constructive as it'll get.

I feel your pain, considering my Merc was my main for 3 years odd (not so much now tbh). I certainly don't bother to PvP with it anymore.