PAX Cantina - Important Update: Revised Plan

EricMusco

You all know it's going to be Kephess the Infinite.

:tran_cool::tran_cool:

Please stop trying to shove your elitism in the face of solo players. Most players haven't even done any ops, and thus have no idea who Kephess is. If it's a joke, it is an old one that isn't funny anymore.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please stop trying to shove your elitism in the face of solo players. Most players haven't even done any ops, and thus have no idea who Kephess is. If it's a joke, it is an old one that isn't funny anymore.

Are you saying Kephess isn't the Sith Emperor?

You all know it's going to be Kephess the Infinite.

:tran_cool::tran_cool:

Kephess. lol. I wouldn't bet against the old dude though. Wonder what he will look like this time? A big green blob with trandoshan ears I suppose.

We've never seen Malgus and Kephess in the same place at the same time... just sayin'.

Hmm... now that you mention it, we have never seen Satele and Kephess at the same time. Could this be like an episode of V?

How can you do a livestream on a wednessday that is friendly for all players

if you do it on a reasonable time for the european players most us players are still at work and if you do it on a reasonable time for the us most europeans a sleeping.

do it on a satuday (evening for europeans, midday for us players)

Our goal is to deliver a AAA-quality expansion

Right, here we go, AAA-quality /sarc on

Amazing, I'm so glad you're focussing all your AAA-quality resources into making an amazing AAA-quality expanion. Like every excited long-time subscriber I'm looking forward to the AAA-quality Cartel Packs we'll be seeing in the new future. This future will be AAA-quality now for sure!

Also dont be too fast with making new operations. The AAA-quality Blades of Revan and the AAA-quality mouse droids on Ruugar are sure to keep people very busy! In the mean time, we can enjoy AAA-quality PvP with queues popping all the time and AAA-quality class balancing to ensure a AAA-quality experience. This also goes for the AAA-quality PvE you're offering at this point!

I'm so excited. All this new content I've never done before. Looking forward to AAA-quality overtuned Eternity Vault and going back to the R-AAA-vagers and Temple of S-AAA-crifice. Yeah, you get the point.

/sarc off

Nobody here in the guild could take this blog post seriously. We'd say we are sorry, but then we would be lying, which we are not very into unlike you gents at Bioware. BETTER THAN CROSS SERVER. AAA-QUALITY SOLUTIONS.

/rantoff

Peace.

Hey folks,

We wanted to give you an update on a change of plans around our Seattle Cantina, planned to happen around PAX Prime. As we have been looking at our schedule, we feel that as we are just a few short months from Fallen Empire’s launch, it is really important that we focus our resources internally. Our goal is to deliver a AAA-quality expansion and we need to allow the team to put their focus on development priorities, to put all resources into making Knights of the Fallen Empire the best it can be. With that in mind, we have decided to cancel our on-site PAX Seattle Cantina in favor of a livestream event – this allows us to have our team participate without the necessity of traveling cross-country.

However, we know that Cantinas are often a place where players look to get time to talk with developers, get new information, and acquire some event exclusive swag. We still want to deliver on those expectations and live up to the spirit of the Cantina event experience. So, in lieu of the Seattle Cantina, we are going to host a livestream on Wednesday, August 26th.

Here are some of the things you can expect to be included as part of the stream:

• A live gameplay play-thru of a chapter from the new Digital Expansion: Knights of the Fallen Empire
  • The team to answer questions via chat throughout the stream
  • A shareable link for a 2015 Cantina Tour Pack, which includes the Prinawe Aggregate (a vehicle available exclusively via the livestream) and another random item!
  • Plus, a first “reveal” of a familiar face who will be returning to SWTOR in Knights of the Fallen Empire

I know that some of you may have been looking to book your travel or hotel stay in Seattle for the Cantina, so we wanted to get this information out as soon as possible. As of this post we will be removing Seattle from the pre-registration list to avoid any confusion. Thanks everyone!

We hope to see you on the stream next month.

-eric

Lame, I had my "FREE UGLY" ready just for you Eric.

Hey folks,

We wanted to give you an update on a change of plans around our Seattle Cantina, planned to happen around PAX Prime. As we have been looking at our schedule, we feel that as we are just a few short months from Fallen Empire’s launch, it is really important that we focus our resources internally. Our goal is to deliver a AAA-quality expansion and we need to allow the team to put their focus on development priorities, to put all resources into making Knights of the Fallen Empire the best it can be. With that in mind, we have decided to cancel our on-site PAX Seattle Cantina in favor of a livestream event – this allows us to have our team participate without the necessity of traveling cross-country.

However, we know that Cantinas are often a place where players look to get time to talk with developers, get new information, and acquire some event exclusive swag. We still want to deliver on those expectations and live up to the spirit of the Cantina event experience. So, in lieu of the Seattle Cantina, we are going to host a livestream on Wednesday, August 26th.

Here are some of the things you can expect to be included as part of the stream:

• A live gameplay play-thru of a chapter from the new Digital Expansion: Knights of the Fallen Empire
  • The team to answer questions via chat throughout the stream
  • A shareable link for a 2015 Cantina Tour Pack, which includes the Prinawe Aggregate (a vehicle available exclusively via the livestream) and another random item!
  • Plus, a first “reveal” of a familiar face who will be returning to SWTOR in Knights of the Fallen Empire

I know that some of you may have been looking to book your travel or hotel stay in Seattle for the Cantina, so we wanted to get this information out as soon as possible. As of this post we will be removing Seattle from the pre-registration list to avoid any confusion. Thanks everyone!

We hope to see you on the stream next month.

-eric

eric, do you have an exact time you would be putting up the 26th august livestream and what site it will be held on? would be nice to get that advanced look. even if the times are outside of european standard but in the middle of the morning, would there be a full replay of it on the swtor website the next day on the 27th for everyones interest?

I'm more disturbed by the fact development on the new expansion hasn't finished yet

You think development should be finished three months before its launch (if by "yet" you mean now)? Or even two months before launch (if you mean by the date of the stream)?

That's... not at all a reasonable vision of how development works.

Edited by DarthDymond

You think development should be finished three months before its launch (if by "yet" you mean now)? Or even two months before launch (if you mean by the date of the stream)?

That's... not at all a reasonable vision of how development works.

Let me guess you are an economics major.

If this was still a AAA game, there would be multiple teams working on different things. Obviously it is not the case.

And no, a team can't be made out of 1 person.

I just gotta say this , for the heck of it but it would technically make sense if the familiar face would be Malgus , they showed him frozen in carbonate so, maybe that's what they'll be showing perhaps ?

Honestly, I'm hyped up for this so whatever they throw, definitely be surprising to me.

There's a deleted scene from the Sacrifice trailer showing someone who looks suspiciously like Malgus frozen in carbonite being presented by the twins to their father.

Malgus better not show up in KOTFE.

He's been dead for three years. That station exploded with him on it. Following the route of WoW and constantly - and contrivedly - resurrecting dead characters leads down a dark, dark path.

Malgus is dead. End of discussion.

If you want to have his ruined body frozen in carbonite, fine. But if he gets thawed, all that better fall out is a rotten corpse.

Right, because falling into a bottomless pit or into various environmental dangers killed so many plot important characters in Star Wars history... oh wait, no it didn't

Edited by Aries_cz