The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

How often do you use your companion customizations?

Strive-US

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use the customization about 25% of the time. Usually I do this only if the customization looks better or fits the character better. Which of course is subjective as what I like might be different than someone else's preference.

On occasion I will change it on a whim as a temporary change just to mix it up.

I tend to use companion customizations on my main characters' main companion(s). This is mostly just to be different and/or if I like the look of some customization better than the default and/or if I've gotten a customization from a pack, etc.

(By "main characters" I mean the 3 or 4 characters (out of 12) that I actually tend to play often.)

Depends on the overal theme i'm using for my characters.

for my newest sith warrior juggernaut, i went with a red skinned twi'lek girl, in malaks shadow armor with dark purple light sabers, using vettes red skin option, same armor and some black blasters with the same crystals.

other times i just find faces i like more then their original ones.

I typically use their default or the 1 you get when leaving the starter worlds after that I pretty much forget about changing their look.

I only think about it if I really hate both of the options I have but don't put too much effort into chasing down other customizations. I think I looked up the options a couple years ago and didn't see anything all that great so just stuck with whatever I hated less.

I got a couple for hk but I think those were from rep vendors and since he came late it was more gimmicky to change his look.

I don't use them much, especially for companions who I've been interacting with for a while through cutscenes and such before you can even equip the customization.

I've always disliked the sudden shape change/major plastic surgery effect. :p

It also depends on the customization. Mako for example has at least one where she still has the same face, and I'm perfectly fine with them getting a new haircut.

I usually just use the ones that come with the companion except for Khem Val, I usually get one of the ones that has his armor showing. The thought of him in just that loin cloth gives me shivers... I also ust the assault customization for HK but thats about it...

Back at game release, I would collect the customization packs for all my BH's companions. I all but filled up an inventory storage bay on them. But to be honest, I hardly use them any more.

This is due to a variety of reasons.

1. Some of the nice ones are hard to get.

2. Don't care for the look.

3. Simply don't use the companion at all other than resource gathering or crafting.

But the three companions I tend to customize the most are the ship's droid, Hk, and Treek.

The ship's droid just look ugly (regardless of faction). HK is a Imperial droid model, so it just doesn't seem appropriate to have the default skin on my Repub toons. And Treek can be such a bad #$@ that a default simplified skin version on her just doesn't seem appropriate. Treek almost screams, "Been there, done that, got the T-shirt". Her not having some kind of flare on her body, just doesn't feel right.

But even with that said, I have yet to come across a skin that seems right for Treek. Yavin 4 seems the closest and it is the one I tend to go with.

I have and use the first customizations we get, but I've never bought one for a companion. The one exception might be for Khem Val. I got sick of seeing him in the raggedy loincloth.

Yeah ... couldn't agree more. I kinda want to think the devs were going for a "hulk" look to Khem Val. But the only thing I think of when seeing him is the underclothed house elf Dobby in Harry Potter. Definitely not the image you want floating in your head when dealing with a companion that should be able to rip your face off.

Edited by ForceWelder

Always. I hate clones.

And this is why I love the idea of the Devoted Allies armor, but I hate that we cannot customize what our companions are wearing unless we either grind for 192 mods or have them take a performance hit.

Khem, Kira, sometimes Vette and Mako, almost always Corso, Qyzen sometimes, Fores and Teeseven are both often, only one HK (too lazy atm to grind creds to mail to an alt to buy him) and he's Impside (my JK will keep him as-is for both of my often-played JKs, because they're not traditional Jedi).

... Blizz and Bowdaar for the ones that use him, but I don't usually use them. My Merc and Scoundrel use Torian and Akaavi more respectively.

Different strokes for different folks. One character will have a one customization, whereas another one of the same class will use a completely different customization. It's not a random choice though, they each have their own stories, so the companions looks are just as important to my RP story as my characters looks are. So in short, I use them all the time.

I got the plagued Qyzen (he's basically a cyborg zombie trandosian now since he's also in Berserker chest piece), because I liked him as white, but I still wanted his bad eye :)

Khem because I didn't like his loin cloth.

Talos, because I liked the one available when you reached so much rep with a certain pack over his original look, something just felt off on his original look to me, or maybe the new look just made him look younger. *shrug*

I've recolored T7 to whatever I thought looked best with my JK. :)

Do you constantly have a customization for your companion equipped? Do you have a preferred customization or do you like to see your companion in her original skin?

I use some CE customizations and some that I have obtained ingame or from the cartel market.

Kaliyo is the only character I keep as she is

I use the customizations on ALL my companions....every character. Even if they're only used too craft or run crafting missions, they get a companion customization and empty armor & weapon shells. I generally make a trip to the security key vendor on Illum immediately after getting a companion. It's a thing wit me....I HATE looking like everybody else. I prefer to stand out from the crowd rather than blend in. So wether in game, or irl....I customize everything.