The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Anyone noticed the new race icons in creation page ?

Veerlo

Added this latest update far as I can tell noticed it myself

I think it looks awesome and it's a first step in upgrading the graphics in this game for some small parts.

AWESOME job Bioware!:rak_03:

Nope, but with this it seems like something they might be doing.

Makes sense too. Updating the games now 3-year old UI would be pretty low on effort but high in reward.

yeah reward like me Going.... WOOOOOOHHHH what's this? hehehehehehe

It is inconceivable (and that word does mean what I think it means) that anyone finds this worthy of note one way or the other.

Since they are commenting, obviously that word does not mean what you think it means.

(Sorry... had to.)

Oh god don't say that... You'll have those people in here comparing this game to that other one that shall not be named.

Except WoW hasn't updated its UI, ever. It adds new components as new features are implemented, but every part of it that existed on launch still looks like it did in November 2004.

As for the topic at hand, the UI itself in TOR is fine visually. Mechanically... it could stand to have some changes (especially quality of life things, like being able to invite guild members to groups from the right-click menu in the Guild UI).

Illo dicto, for the character creation icon changes, I noticed them in the appearance change thing when I was poking around Togruta options this afternoon, and I don't think they are indicative of widespread change. Consider this: the original "race" icons were just random class abilities.They probably changed them as a way to differentiate race from class or even from spells, and for whatever reason the change wasn't included in the patch notes.

Edited by Diviciacus

It is inconceivable (and that word does mean what I think it means) that anyone finds this worthy of note one way or the other.

Dont know why you would think so - asthetics being a large part of the game and all.

Edited by DocCollo

Except WoW hasn't updated its UI, ever. It adds new components as new features are implemented, but every part of it that existed on launch still looks like it did in November 2004.

As for the topic at hand, the UI itself in TOR is fine visually. Mechanically... it could stand to have some changes (especially quality of life things, like being able to invite guild members to groups from the right-click menu in the Guild UI).

Illo dicto, for the character creation icon changes, I noticed them in the appearance change thing when I was poking around Togruta options this afternoon, and I don't think they are indicative of widespread change. Consider this: the original "race" icons were just random class abilities.They probably changed them as a way to differentiate race from class or even from spells, and for whatever reason the change wasn't included in the patch notes.

WoW actually has updated icons in it's UI on a number of occasions.

And... Illo dicto... use of random Latin doesn't make you sound any smarter here.

I like them in general and specifically that you can get an idea what the race might look like but not all of the choices they made are my favorite, but that's just my pov.

I'll say I'm very pleased that they look as good or better than the old icons graphically as compared to the last 'update' on icons where the icons looked worse than the existing ones, specifically the 'new' credit boxes, material icons, modification icons etc. I thought that last batch looked washed out and much more 'simple' than the existing ones and stick out like a sore thumb when next to each other.

I think it's one step in the right direction. I enjoy the game and if i choose not to respond to negative threads i can surely make one to give them a heads up on any good thing they do :D

I saw a tour of the Yavin SH and it looks awesome but since i came back to the game full time only a month ago i can't afford it yet so i'm gonna be stacking credits for it :D

I liked decorating in SWG and was good at it. Sure it's not the same but still i decorated my first SH this week and i love the look of it :D

All well and dandy, cept I was not talking about WoW.....