Solo Players punished with Operations?

I cannot see how "giving operations a solo mode" would keep a solo player, who was already tired of class stories, to stick around and keep playing for very long.

Unless, of course, these "solo mode operations" dropped end-game loot. Is that what you're suggesting?

I never said give end-game loot and I have stated many times, yes I would like the shells of End-game loot for dress purposes but not the stats! And I also said I'd like to replay my story without rerolling... Flashpoints OPS and the like are repeatable and yes I replay most of them once a week on my day off. If you want better stated gear yes by all means go nightmare mode! I don't want better stated gear I want my story and my looks. That's always been what I said. I don't appreciate the "baiting" you should have already know was never suggested by me

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you wouldn't mind, could you explain to me what is sustainable about it?

Would you be running the operations (as a solo player) over and over?

If so, what would drive you to repeat them?

If not, how does this become sustainable?

Honestly I would probably run it probably once a week to refresh myself on the story, like I said I repeat Flashpoints all the time, to do the story, the only one I've never completed was Colocoid wars

Khevar have you ever played a game through more than once? more than twice?

Absolutely. Both single player games and this one.

But I'm not a big fan of the New Game+ route if the mobs don't scale up to your level. You mentioned you would re-run your class quest if you didn't have to re-roll. Personally, I would find that terribly boring, simply because I'd be a level 60 god erasing every enemy by sneezing softly.

I have, on the other hand, re-rolled a toon to see the story again. I have a number of alts. But I have to make it interesting. On this alt, I skip over Taris. On that alt, I run Taris, but skip over Balmorra. On this run, I hit all the H4's I skipped. Etc. etc. I'm trying to limit having to run the exact same things over and over (class quests notwithstanding).

I also try new things to make them challenging. I once ran a Commando from level 1-60 entirely solo without a companion.

The only things that I've run over and over and over again are group content. Mostly because the other people in the group make it different. I've run more pugs that I can count. I don't even mind the bad pugs (so long as I'm on an overgeared player) because they make them more interesting. Heck, I used to pug on my Sage healer for the express purpose of practicing "oh crap" healing. :)

While I don't discount that there are other people who would do this for fun, I could never keep running solo versions of flashpoints or operations over and over and over. It would just be boring.

I've already had this problem with the expansions that game out. Makeb I ran all my alts through (the different pub/imp quests help, as does the 12x xp currently running). But Oricon? Only half. And the last couple were pulling teeth. SoR I ran more through, but that was mainly to see the 3-5 minute tiny class quest that happens on Rishii. Ziost I only ran 2 toons through.

So I guess my question would be. How many solo players are there like you? Where the ability to run operations solo would actually keep them playing the game for a long time?

Edited by Khevar

How many indeed, I must admit that I've run Black Talon probably the most of any flashpoint I still run it with my level 60, I don't mind face rolling in fact at times I enjoy the hell out of it. I don't see why we could have Hardmode replay class missions that scale to our level for those who don't like face-rolling, I agree with the question how many are like me? Honestly I'm one of those people that If I could get this game offline, I'd make everything soloable through mods and such, I'd make it that I could take at the very least 3 companions at a time. But that is dream and won't become a reality, I have stated however I don't like the Jesus droid, I'd much rather have my companions with me, I'm sure i'm not the only one but I know it not viable since it would take dev time.

I would actually like to see a crew version of operations. Scaled down with scaled down rewards allowing you to bring all of your companions. And do this without removing all of the traditional operation mechanics... surely it's possible to code companions to step out of damage circles

I would actually like to see a crew version of operations. Scaled down with scaled down rewards allowing you to bring all of your companions. And do this without removing all of the traditional operation mechanics... surely it's possible to code companions to step out of damage circles

I'd be behind that 150%

Would love this idea especially on my trooper as it would be nice to see all my squad in combat again (gauntlet mission excepted).

Rather change this thread's title into "Solo/Casual Players punished with New Expansion". I mean there are still lots of players that wanna face roll everything, and they are taking that away from those players.

Which reminds me, that I am boycotting any raid content until they give us the option of choosing to play it on the original level or new level.

<<I would actually like to see a crew version of operations. Scaled down with scaled down rewards allowing you to bring all of your companions.>>

This. It must surely be possible to let smaller groups - or maybe 2 PCs + companions - do some of the "lower level" operations.

I just watched a YouTube video of 2 players doing EV - <They did an awesome job, plus had some epic music btw>, and although it gave truth to the argument that it was basically not very story oriented - it was basically one fight after another - it was still something that I'd like to sometime experience for myself - and my "crew". Which I can't do with group finder because it doesn't give a "50th level" operation options to a 60th level toon.

Allowing GF to let us in on "lower level" ops would give some people like myself that Haven't done much group-oriented type of play a way to "get our feet wet" so to speak. - and let us still utilize companions as well.

<<I would actually like to see a crew version of operations. Scaled down with scaled down rewards allowing you to bring all of your companions.>>

This. It must surely be possible to let smaller groups - or maybe 2 PCs + companions - do some of the "lower level" operations.

I just watched a YouTube video of 2 players doing EV - <They did an awesome job, plus had some epic music btw>, and although it gave truth to the argument that it was basically not very story oriented - it was basically one fight after another - it was still something that I'd like to sometime experience for myself - and my "crew". Which I can't do with group finder because it doesn't give a "50th level" operation options to a 60th level toon.

Allowing GF to let us in on "lower level" ops would give some people like myself that Haven't done much group-oriented type of play a way to "get our feet wet" so to speak. - and let us still utilize companions as well.

They are kinda doing that except all ops will be 65 so you can group find them all the time

I've got that question coming to my minde over and over again. Why do you play an MMO if you don't like group content ?

It is because it is a massively multiplayer online role-playing game where the multiplayer is the keyword. It is simply designed to be played with other people.

Group content like flashpoints is fun, when I choose them. But being forced to LFG in the middle of a story breaks the flow of the story and the immersion. They are simply different 'modes' of play. And also, as soon as you group up, the story dissipates.

I think Bioware is real nice to let some of the content be soloable, it is actually more solo content then I have ever seen in a MMO before.

It also has more and better story content then any MMO and all that stroy would be wasted if it all had to be done in a group.