What kind of keyboard do you use?

Lundorff

By the way, it is very noticeable who uses multi-key mice and who doesn't. Those who do are usually at the top of the feeding chain, because they take any advantage over others they can get ...

Before my girlfriend bought me a Naga for Christmas a couple years ago, I just used a regular keyboard and mouse. The difference in performance between not using a Naga and using one I'd put about 5%, if that. SWTOR just largely doesn't benefit very much from the increased reaction speed you'd get with a Naga over any other method of input.

Now if you want to talk about TERA or any other action MMO, then yes a Naga is a huge performance increase over traditional mouse and keyboard inputs, but SWTOR has a GCD which limits how many actions you can perform within a given time period. Being slower only means you fall behind at the start but the GCD limits that from progressively getting worse. With a game that doesn't have a GCD, being slower means you progressively fall behind in the number of attacks executed in total compared to your opponent.

Don't forget, in SWTOR even clickers have to wait for the GCD. You have to be really slow for the GCD to beat your reaction time.

Don't forget, in SWTOR even clickers have to wait for the GCD. You have to be really slow for the GCD to beat your reaction time.

Yes, that's the only thing balancing it out.

However, when I experience someone someone duelling me - Operatives, my favourites ! - then I can clearly see : It's so many keys pressed within fractions of seconds - including side movements ! - that a person just can't do it alone on a keyboard, it can only be done that quickly with a mouse with lots of keys attached to it.

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

Before my girlfriend bought me a Naga for Christmas a couple years ago, I just used a regular keyboard and mouse. The difference in performance between not using a Naga and using one I'd put about 5%, if that. SWTOR just largely doesn't benefit very much from the increased reaction speed you'd get with a Naga over any other method of input.

Now if you want to talk about TERA or any other action MMO, then yes a Naga is a huge performance increase over traditional mouse and keyboard inputs, but SWTOR has a GCD which limits how many actions you can perform within a given time period. Being slower only means you fall behind at the start but the GCD limits that from progressively getting worse. With a game that doesn't have a GCD, being slower means you progressively fall behind in the number of attacks executed in total compared to your opponent.

Its a reason I generally keep my DCDs on my Naga. A lot of them do not respect GCD.

Pretty much this. I got mine when I was playing Aion, and it was damn near necessary with how many skills there were/ how fast top level pvp was there, with sins tossing 4 skills and auto attack weaving between them within 1.5 seconds and just melting people. Here it's merely a convenience and force of habit, only have to use maybe 1-6 and 10-12 on a regular basis, good chunk being basic targeting and vehicle pops x.x.

I use an EEG headband that scans my brainwaves and sends the input to the computer via Bluetooth -- I like to think I'm using the force to control my toons! :)

Nah, I use a G13 gamepad and a madcatz MMO 7 mouse, which is pretty close to the force. ;)

My mouse is a super elite Logitech G600 with no less than 12 buttons on the side alone. Couldn't live without it. My keyboard however, is a Logitech Solar K750. Yeah the one with flat keys.... I have gotten really freaking used to this keyboard, but there isn't much gamer style about it - and running out of batteries mid-battle is a bit annoying

I keep hearing a great deal about mechanical keyboards, and perhaps it's time for chance. So what would you recommend?

What for? The G600 can do everything necessary, with G-Shift 30 buttons. That's enough, some exotic things you need to click, no problem in a 1.5 seconds GCD. Cheap keyboard for chatting and all is well.

Edited by Magira