How effective is putting a referral link in a signature?

Anysao

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Click my link and I will spare u if I see u in the game. If you don't I will slay you and you will be forced to join my undead army. As part of my undead army you will be subject to my desires. I will resurrect you and slay you over and over again. Just like how Plaguis killed and resurrected venomous time and time again just to experiment on him.

As part of my rewards for clicking my link. I will mail you red devil cup cakes. I make a mean red devil cup cake.

put in link, post as normal. putting link in message (or asking for referrals/asking people to click your link) is against the forum rules. just fyi.

Shockingly, I now have all four pets, and in the last four-eighty hours I've received a total of 2400 Cartel Coins from subscriber-referrals.

Which is great, because I'm duo-buying a guild flagship for my Republic alts. More Cartel Coins coming in the better. :cool:

Three referrals and 2 subscribers so far after nearly 2 weeks of having the link. Not bad since I don't post much.

Though, question since the refer a friend page confused me... do we only get 500 CC with the first referral and then 100 for everyone who is referred (and subscribes) after that? You people who are raking in thousands of CC must have a LOT of referrals! lol

Edited by Beltane

last week had 3 register up, this week i have not seen anything. in total 4 registered. just need 1 more for the whole friends referral reward to clear. but there is still 4 months left to find that next person. so will see what happens.

so a minor success anyways. just short of 2000cc so far. so its nice while it lasts anyways.

I used my sister's referral when I first subbed, then I unsubbed for a while (long enough to reset the thing), and it wouldn't let me use hers a second time. So one day browsing the forums I see someone whose referral link says something about Dark Side cookies, and I found it so amusing that I awarded them the honor. :rolleyes:

But yeah, I stuck mine in my sig just in case. No bites so far. :p

Edited by NSaynKnutt

Why do you get so many people clicking your friend referal links? And who is clicking them? Do you do something special to make someone think: "Oh, this guy is nice, I click his link."? I would never click someone's referal link only because he has it mentioned in his signature. It puzzles me.

Why do you get so many people clicking your friend referal links? And who is clicking them? Do you do something special to make someone think: "Oh, this guy is nice, I click his link."? I would never click someone's referal link only because he has it mentioned in his signature. It puzzles me.

Well both parties get something - so no one person loses out, someone just does better than the other.

There are plenty of people wanting the link for the 7 days of sub and a free server transfer, not all of them will then go on to subscribe afterwards - I've had a few people who have clicked my link "time out" as they haven't subscribed in time.

I've had a couple of people who clicked my link contact me in game - players who had come here, used my link for 7 days and then decided to sub. I've bunged them a few little bits & pieces to get them going.

The links do work, but what makes someone decide to click on one person's link over another I don't know.

its random, usually someone who is newly subbed and starts a new thread and first response can get a referral click. people who google search and have information valuable to the discussion or help with a problem can get clicks. people who tend to add stuff to discussions and engage in conversation get clicks.

sometimes people just looking for free transfers and find someone who has a link.

its random, usually someone who is newly subbed and starts a new thread and first response can get a referral click. people who google search and have information valuable to the discussion or help with a problem can get clicks. people who tend to add stuff to discussions and engage in conversation get clicks.

sometimes people just looking for free transfers and find someone who has a link.

I think you nailed it, it is the way I see it aswell. It can be random and it can be because good advice is given.

I think mine are all just random. Just bored at work, so I post around on the forums. Maybe some like my opinion or something, but I've never got a message about it. I don't post it in game or anything either. Anyways, i think new players come to the forum and see they can get some stuff by clicking one of the links and just click the first one they see.

Don't think I've got any from here. Have a few actual RL referrals though and some from another site. But then again, I don't post 24/7, I imagine some of the very active users are swimming in coins. There are even a few users one could suspect of posting to just +1 their posts to have their referral sigs everywhere. I don't care though, it only annoys me a little with ingame spam. Edited by Luxidenstore

I think you nailed it, it is the way I see it aswell. It can be random and it can be because good advice is given.

Definitely and element of random to it as well. 1st month got like 33 referrals 2nd month got around 11. I didn't really do much of anything different.