Vacation

TaitWatson

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thinking about this story again makes me wonder whether he'll be a smuggler for Republic characters, but a bounty hunter for Imperials?

Old, slimy, untrustworthy, greedy. In other words, a perfect companion for my Sith. Or my Bounty Hunter. Wonder how he'd get along with Gault. Like house on fire, I'd expect.

Good story.

How'd you get 'untrustworthy' out of this? He perfectly kept his word, not his fault his employer didn't do the same. ;)

Edited by Luinthoron

Even by Outer Rim standards, the Sarlacc and Loaded cantina was considered the end of the line.

Read More

I think he is a Changer (like Sam Wesell in episode II) because what you mentioned about his age.

Good story, but it didn´t explained when he has been during the war.

Meh.

It's not a bad story, sure. The writing's fine, the character seems alright, and it does introduce the whole age mystery, which is kinda the point.

But... ugh. It just tries so, so hard to make him look like a ******. He's a smuggler, a man of mystery, works as a bounty hunter, manages to go by an assumed name, remembers what he steals but totally has a definition of honor (or at least, honor among theives)...

In other words, standard issue "Mysterious Rogue". None of Han's down-on-his-luck, none of Skavik's ugly, shameless womanizing ways, no flaws that aren't part of the archetype, no real positives that aren't part of that same archetype.

He's just dull. Corso's more interesting than this guy, at least Corso has a second dimension to him...

These stories need to tell us why he's worth caring about, beyond "Isn't he a ******?" and "He was totally in that cinematic way back when".

Relax. It was a solid story short. Nothing is standard about nico. If you really think Corso is better, stop hitting spice before you read the stories.

It was actually July and August that were added, named for Julius Ceaser and Ceaser Augustus

And yet people claim they become dumber reading these forums...interesting info :)

Typical government too...they couldn't just plop these on the end where they wouldn't **** everything up...nope, had to place them smack dab in the middle where they made zero sense and screwed up a perfectly logical system...:rolleyes:

If Satele is 59 at the start of the events in ToR the Nico must be in his 70's as he was considerably older than her in the trailer. I really hope that we don't find his been stuck in carbonite otherwise its going to be something of a crutch used by the writers to solve all there problems.

When he was announced I assumed this is how he will be introduced: a fellow exhibit in some madman's carbonite bloke collection ;)

Edited by Mubrak

Thinking about this story again makes me wonder whether he'll be a smuggler for Republic characters, but a bounty hunter for Imperials?

How'd you get 'untrustworthy' out of this? He perfectly kept his word, not his fault his employer didn't do the same. ;)

He lied by omission and he never actually apprehended himself, he merely said "here I am". At least that's why I think that about him.

And tbh the whole "oooooo i'm a thief and a bounty hunter but how dare u go back on your word (made while i was deceiving you and deliberately withholding information from you) i wILL NOT STAND FOR THIS" thing immediately turned me off from him. I mean, yes, it's a good story and nice prose, but I thought the guy was boring in the trailer and now I think he's a jerk too full of himself and not in an entertaining way. I foresee my SI hating him :p

When he was announced I assumed this is how he will be introduced: a fellow exhibit in some madman's carbonite bloke collection ;)

I guess it all depends on WHEN this story is taking place...is it happening currently where our characters exist? In the past? Or post wonder twins?

Relax. It was a solid story short. Nothing is standard about nico. If you really think Corso is better, stop hitting spice before you read the stories.

Corso has more than one dimension to him, and I was really impressed with his gun-nut, but SENSIBLE gun-nut attitude. Sure, he leans too heavily on his "Good ol' boy space-redneck" stance, but you learn enough about him that you see what makes him not entirely describable by that term.

What is there about Nico that's said in this story that's not summed up by "Mysterious Rogue"? What makes him a person and not a character archetype? The age thing is the only real angle, and that's pretty heavily tied into the Mysterious part of it...

Nico shot first!

Haha, I'm glad I wasn't the only one to notice!

And you both fail Reading Comprehension. Vohnu shot first, not Nico.

Read it again:

“Abide by this!” Vhonu yelled as he pulled the trigger.

Nico moved quicker than a heartbeat. His knee kicked up the table to block Vhonu’s shot, while his left hand caught the blaster previously resting on the surface. He unholstered his other pistol with a spin, set it to stun, then fired exactly two shots over his makeshift barricade.

Vhonu shot first, but Nico kicked the table up to block the shot, faster than Vohnu could pull the trigger. And then, after he blocked Vhonu's shot, Nico shot Vhonu and Seamus.

And you both fail Reading Comprehension. Vohnu shot first, not Nico.

Read it again:

Vhonu shot first, but Nico kicked the table up to block the shot, faster than Vohnu could pull the trigger. And then, after he blocked Vhonu's shot, Nico shot Vhonu and Seamus.

I know someone else already ousted this guy, but I just had to add:

woosh

This was fun. I'm kind of hoping they give us a little player character nod and mention us. Oh not by job (sith, agent, jedi, etc) or sex or even say our companions, but something like 'yeah there's this person, omgwtfbbq, that kicks *** and takes names and has done 'this, that, and everything in between!' That'd be fun!

But I liked this. Now I'm wondering, along with everyone else, why if he's supposed to be around 70s, why he looks so young. I r thinking carbonite...or he's not exactly human...

Sweet write up. Characterization was excellent and you even threw in a little in game mechanics action. lol. Well, I'm more intrested in Nico now then I was before I read this, so mission accomplished. Edited by Rafaman

Could be a "Dread Pirate Roberts" thing too

Doubt it's that, just because they did the DNA verification part. That didn't add anything to the story except to say "no, it really is the same guy" so I doubt they would have bothered putting it in there if it wasn't to establish that for the reader.

Not a bad read, I only take one issue with it.

The Snare pushed back his hat to reveal tan, smooth skin and a goatee threatened by a layer of stubble and grime.
Perhaps the author needs more familiarity with facial hair. Unless Nico shaved off his traditional style (as seen in virtually all media imagery of said character), Nico does not have a goatee. He has a Van Dyke beard. They are not the same.

Not a bad read, I only take one issue with it.

Perhaps the author needs more familiarity with facial hair. Unless Nico shaved off his traditional style (as seen in virtually all media imagery of said character), Nico does not have a goatee. He has a Van Dyke beard. They are not the same.

well, you do know that officially a Van Dyke is described as consisting of any growth of both a mustache and goatee with all hair on the cheeks shaven, right? Remember that this is a fictional character in a fictional universe, so referencing it as a "van dyke" would be much worse, than describing the beard as a mix including a goatee, which would officially not be wrong in any case. The chance that "goats" exist in this universe is much bigger and much more forgivable, than the chance of Van Dyke being a historic person that the general population know about.

Personally, i think they described it the right way, but honestly i did not really care about that part AT ALL, until i saw you slacking it off :tran_tongue:.

In any case, i generally enjoy these short stories, giving us a bit of a background story to some of the characters we meet in-game, so keep it up! thanks. :cool::jawa_wink: