Character Transfers – Get Together With Your Friends

EricMusco

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meanwhile you still have many players long gone from the game still sitting on names that Subbed players could be using. Case in point, several names I have on my current server are taken on Harbs where the people who have them are only Level 1 (Yes level 1) and have been for many many months. Seems kinda bull you know what that they get to keep these names despite being just level 1 while here I am, multiple level 60's, subbed since the beginning of this game, never having cancelled my sub and I am taking a backseat to these long gone players.

Hell even WOW is dealing with dormant accounts holding onto names (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/15910697/release-the-names-character-name-reclamation-coming-6-18-2015) so why doesn't SWTOR given it has been quite some time since the last clean out?? I get the whole argument of "Oh they may come back" blah blah blah but the operative word there is MAY. Meanwhile existing players have to play second fiddle to someone who may or may not come back? I think not. Show some love to those who have been loyal to the game all this time. :confused:

charge back initiated ...

account ban incoming...

Don't issue a charge back, try to resolve it through CS first. Charge backs will just result in a ban until you pay back the amount you charged back AND any fees incurred because of the charge back.

Really nice of you to not announce this beforehand but letting all the players spend the full CC. :mad::

Even if they said "starting 3 months from now", anyone who transferred before today would still be in the same boat. Had they announced this a month prior, there would still be people who just happened to transfer just prior to the announcement. So I don't see any point to this complaint.

JC and Shadowlands should be merged because they are both East coast PvE servers. This would create an East coast harbinger equivalent.

You stay out of my Shadowlands. I like it just how it is, thank you very much.

That said, this new announcement is probably as close as some people are going to get to being able to get out of Dodge. Get while the gettin's good folks!

People that get back, like myself, will be disappointed to enter in a game and the servers almost ghost server.

Bioware are stubborn enough to not make cross server queue nor merge.

They don't want to be like other games and make cross server, only to say its different, in the meanwhile who lose's the players with ghost servers.

Free transfer probly will not solve this issue. A lot of people will change servers and the pop probly will be almost the same in the servers.

BIOWARE stop being dumb. Merge servers and/or make cross server.

Out of all of these posts I can guarantee you that the ones that get answered are about people asking for a retro refund for recent transfers and not the FAR more important one of: POT5 AND OTHER SERVERS ARE DEAD AND YOU ARE NOT ACKNOWLEDGING THIS. So the guilds that we worked to build are to be sacrificed, the unlocks just poof, the past players that will come back to find their entire guilds have moved to a different place. Your answer is to charge us to fix our own experiences in game? Man up and own that there are servers in distress, its not just two or three people pretending that there's a problem, and I'm sure your own metrics will back up the population issues on several servers (my beef is with POT5). While the cost of a character transfer is certainly reasonable right now my suggestion is use this in conjunction with a server merge to really hammer down the population issues.

No more server mergers.

If you feel that your current server doesn't have adequate population and want to change servers go ahead, but there is no reason that Guilds and Players on a potential destination server should need to endure all the problems and naming conflicts all over again for a few people unhappy with their server that have a perfectly viable solution. That said, I agree they need to have a guild transfer function as Guild Banks and Guild Ships are very expensive.

Last week we announced our next Digital Expansion: Knights of the Fallen Empire. Since announcing, we have seen a lot of players coming back and getting into The Old Republic. Whether you are a new player, an old subscriber coming back, or a player who has been around a while, you may have been looking for an opportunity to move to a new server.

Read more

Wait? Were suppose to have friends? Oh by the way thank you. I am a happy little camper:D

I transferred a level 60 character to another server on Friday and I didn't lose anything. All of my strongholds and all of the unlocks transferred to the new server. I even kept all of the decorations I unlocked. You do need to re-decorate the strongholds on the new server, but nothing was lost.

Thank you. My legacy will be relocating to Shadowlands tomorrow evening.

Regarding "saving" POT5, I came back to the game a couple of months ago after being gone since GSF was in beta to find the guild I helped found in the hands of a petulant teenager who requires he be at the center of every activity, alienating everyone who wished to form groups without him. My suggestions on how to run a guild earned me the boot this evening. As far as I'm concerned, POT5 and my old guild can burn and I'll gladly roast marshmallows over the smouldering remains.

I'm not bitter, though.

You stay out of my Shadowlands. I like it just how it is, thank you very much.

That said, this new announcement is probably as close as some people are going to get to being able to get out of Dodge. Get while the gettin's good folks!

We have received many new transfers recently. Expect more. Shadowlands is a popular PvE and PvP destination.

I welcome all that transfer to our beloved home on Shadowlands.

Edited by Liquor

Thank you. My legacy will be relocating to Shadowlands tomorrow evening.

Regarding "saving" POT5, I came back to the game a couple of months ago after being gone since GSF was in beta to find the guild I helped found in the hands of a petulant teenager who requires he be at the center of every activity, alienating everyone who wished to form groups without him. My suggestions on how to run a guild earned me the boot this evening. As far as I'm concerned, POT5 and my old guild can burn and I'll gladly roast marshmallows over the smouldering remains.

I'm not bitter, though.

You would do well to go and poach as many good players from that guild and convince them to leave with you as a final goodbye kiss.

You're asking people to take seat next to you on the sinking Titanic because *you* don't want to transfer and you say "Don't just think of yourself man" which is exactly what you are doing...

Rock on man. Have fun.

Im quite sure I was certainly not just thinking of myself.

Otherwise Id just run away to another server and be done with it.

Yes but the transfers away from is what is killing it.

The very notion of abandoning ship is the death of it. We as players are doing this.

And we as players can decide to stop killing it.

Guild ships and strongholds cannot be transferred off.

Very good points.

The Shadowlands is awesome I agree, been here since launch.

But i do want to take an Imp character to a PvP server, any advice on which is the most active? It's either Bastion or the east coast one, right?

It doesn't matter if it's 1.00 or 20.00.

The fact that this company is STILL taking subs' money for a "service" that they needed to initiate (mergers) 6 months ago, is insulting.

This was the "better than xserver" but it does NOTHING for people with large guilds on their now even more dead servers.

#thanksobama

Edited by Jaiyne

I have a very dumb question so don't start insulting me as this is the 1st time I'm trying to do it and I couldn't find any info either on the official faq and/or the internet.

I'm trying to transfer one of my old toons from The Progenitor to The Red Eclipse, but it keeps saying, in the CC tab, basically this:

-Paid transfer -90

-Refund transaction +90

In poor words it's "rejecting" the transfer, but it says the toon I'm selecting is still eligible. Do I actually need to have a free server slot available for the transfer to be completed?

As far as I know, a character is nothing more then a small amount of data containing legacy unlocks and whatnot.

There is no reason why it shouldn't be possible to transfer between US and EU servers.

Any amount of data kan be moved clear across the entire world - With Ease!

I lived in US. Now I live in Europe. I hate trying to play US times (middle of the night for me now) and I certainly don't want to level 4 characters to 60 and rebuild a legacy level 44 account.

Would really be nice if cross-ocean server transfers were finally allowed in this otherwise relatively decent game...