There's a special place in hell for....

Conundrum-NSA

Why shouldn't I grab the chest if you are already occupying the enemies for me? If you're so daft that you fight first instead of grab first, then the other person deserves to receive the chest. You snooze you lose, mate.

While seeing that so many subscribe to this "me me me first" mentality hurts my faith in humanity even more, I'm actually OK with people doing it. This way I get to ignore them before they can waste much larger amounts of my time by ninja looting in FPs or OPs. Common courtesy is a rare commodity these days.

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

neither stealing nor lack of reading comprehension are crimes but you do seem to have a problem with both. Theft as set out in your state or countries criminal code is illegal. you can steal things and not commit a crime.

Stealing is theft. Theft is stealing. At this point, you are simply trolling because you are saying "Water is not necessarily H2O."

it is stealing, you know perfectly well

It's only stealing if I know I'm not entitled to take it. You are trying to analogize RL actions to in-game actions and, as with all such attempts, you are failing miserably.

Only ones raging here are those on "your side," with your feeble and ill-conceived attempts to equate taking loot you think is yours (but isn't) in a computer game to theft in real life.

Edited by branmakmuffin

Nice to see things haven't changed and people still fight over worthless chests :rolleyes:

Exactly. People are getting their panties in a twist because someone "stole" a chest they think is theirs because "they saw it first." How much do the richest chests contain? 10k? 20k? That's like 4 to 5 slicing nodes on Yavin.

Exactly. People are getting their panties in a twist because someone "stole" a chest they think is theirs because "they saw it first." How much do the richest chests contain? 10k? 20k? That's like 4 to 5 slicing nodes on Yavin.

Exactly and tbh In the 3 years I've played this game on and off I can't for the life of me remember when I got anything useful out of a chest normally I take the credits and leave everything else if its worthless. My special way of saying "Hey left sumfin for ya" :p

Nice to see things haven't changed and people still fight over worthless chests :rolleyes:

When the chest has more credits than most of the mission rewards on the same planet? Not exactly worthless.

(Sorry, sorry, yes, I know, some is going to say there are far better ways to make credits... some of us aren't playing Star Wars: the Mercantile Empire.)

Edited by Max_Killjoy

While seeing that so many subscribe to this "me me me first" mentality hurts my faith in humanity even more, I'm actually OK with people doing it. This way I get to ignore them before they can waste much larger amounts of my time by ninja looting in FPs or OPs. Common courtesy is a rare commodity these days.

It's just a sign of the times that so many people have no respect for the effort that someone else puts into anything, even if it's "just in a game".

It's amusing watching some of the same people who freak out about certain "exploits" because the "cheater" didn't "earn" what they got, turn around and excuse poachers grabbing a chest or node that someone else "earned" by taking the time and whatever risk there was in clearing the mobs.

It's just a sign of the times that so many people have no respect for the effort that someone else puts into anything, even if it's "just in a game".

It's amusing watching some of the same people who freak out about certain "exploits" because the "cheater" didn't "earn" what they got, turn around and excuse poachers grabbing a chest or node that someone else "earned" by taking the time and whatever risk there was in clearing the mobs.

Exploits that abuse bugs for a gain in a not intended way vs Clicking on NPCs, Chests, Quest objectives in the free world that do not belong to anyone are not the same situation. One is allowed and one isn't allowed.

Try again, Max.

Edited by Reno_Tarshil

Only time i pull crap like that off, is to even the score against someone that did it to me. Not that i remember them all...

It's pretty rare that i find both a chest and the turkey in the same place soon enough to remember who it was, after getting a chest slipped away from me. But it's funny when they squeal at me when the tables are turned.

Who says I'm human?

Why should I care about random players I will most likely never interact with? They are free and welcome to do the same to me. It isn't my fault that they choose to let the mobs, quest objectives, loot chests in the open world that they have no claim to, to begin with just sit there untouched.

They only don't have "claim" over it because you lack the social skills, consideration, and overall general sense of etiquette to see that they DO have claim over it to sensible, socialized people.

They only don't have "claim" over it because you lack the social skills, consideration, and overall general sense of etiquette to see that they DO have claim over it to sensible, socialized people.

In computer game, it is not yours until it is secure in your bag.

Edited by Distracted

No, they do not. It not theirs until: They attack and tag an enemy killable NPC, click on a quest objective or open and loot a security chest.

Standing next to those things does not make them yours until you touch them and complete the necessary actions.

Until then, any mob, quest objective or security chest in the open world is free game to whoever touches them first.

That analogy is just as terrible as a rape analogy.

Seriously... people who legit play a game and follow the allowed rules are the same as school shooters now?

Amusingly these people don't seem to realize that being unable to differentiate between actions in reality & actions in a fictional setting is a serious mental condition that often results in the person doing horrible things.

have you ever tried to grab an item that was on a liquidation sale in a brick and mortar store? becasue its exactly the same thing. free for all, first come, first serve and its not yours until you paid for it. well.. except in video game, you just lost a few minutes, and in RL you may lose some hair, possibly get some bruises, etc.

personally i prefer to be polite within reason (I will wait for whoever got to quest item first, but if someone else gets there while I'm waiting? I will click as soon as its clickable, I won't wait for them to click before me). because it makes ME feel better to be polite. but I do NOT expect everyone to act the same way.

P.S. in video games i do a lot of things that I would NEVER do in real life. why? because they are VIDEOGAMES. fake. (and yes, I understand that there are real people behind avatars, but when I gleefuly slaughter someone in pvp, trust me its sooooo not the same as actual murder. etc)

Edited by Jeweledleah

There is nothing morally right OR wrong about looting chests, whether you were fighting the mob there already or not. Judging the morality of people because they took something you wanted says more about you than it does them.

My feelings exactly.

They somehow think it's ok to tear apart my personal life based on something that I did in a game. So I can do 81 great and helpful things for people but if I do 1 thing that someone doesn't like that's what gets ripped to shreds.

have you ever tried to grab an item that was on a liquidation sale in a brick and mortar store? becasue its exactly the same thing. free for all, first come, first serve and its not yours until you paid for it. well.. except in video game, you just lost a few minutes, and in RL you may lose some hair, possibly get some bruises, etc.

In the game, by clearing the mobs off the thing, you've already engaged in the equivalent of picking the item up and talking to the salesman about it. The poacher is doing the equivalent of running by and grabbing it out of your hand, rushing to the checkout, and saying "HA HA, not yours until you paid for it, sucker!"

In the game, by clearing the mobs off the thing, you've already engaged in the equivalent of picking the item up and talking to the salesman about it. The poacher is doing the equivalent of running by and grabbing it out of your hand, rushing to the checkout, and saying "HA HA, not yours until you paid for it, sucker!"

Nope, NPC Mobs would be a separate item and the security chests/quest objectives would be items next to said item that you thought about getting but hadn't reached for yet and thus still free to grab by whoever takes it first.

When the chest has more credits than most of the mission rewards on the same planet? Not exactly worthless.

(Sorry, sorry, yes, I know, some is going to say there are far better ways to make credits... some of us aren't playing Star Wars: the Mercantile Empire.)

Mercantile?? There is really no need to craft I don't all I make are stims and do my dailies waaala money and lots of it.

Nope, NPC Mobs would be a separate item and the security chests/quest objectives would be items next to said item that you thought about getting but hadn't reached for yet and thus still free to grab by whoever takes it first.

Not to mention that grabbing something in someone's hand is battery in many jurisdictions. So again, we have a poster trying to analogize in-game actions that in no way violate the game's rules to a real world crime.

Edited by branmakmuffin

Why shouldn't I grab the chest if you are already occupying the enemies for me? If you're so daft that you fight first instead of grab first, then the other person deserves to receive the chest. You snooze you lose, mate.

why shouldnt I jump a flagged enemy while they are fighting a world boss? you shouldnt have flagged yourself. why shouldnt I need on every drop in a fp/raid? the game allows me to do so. too bad I am the tank/healer and you dont want to have to go back in que. why shouldnt I take my level 60 and kill all the mobs you need for your low level heroic? the game lets me, you should just play smarter. why shouldnt I use taunt to reset the world boss you are fighting? the game allows it and it is a valid tactic.

If you act like a scumbag in game, you are most likely one in real life. If being a scumbag is ok with you, accept it and move on.

Stealing is theft. Theft is stealing. At this point, you are simply trolling because you are saying "Water is not necessarily H2O."

It's only stealing if I know I'm not entitled to take it. You are trying to analogize RL actions to in-game actions and, as with all such attempts, you are failing miserably.

Only ones raging here are those on "your side," with your feeble and ill-conceived attempts to equate taking loot you think is yours (but isn't) in a computer game to theft in real life.

your lack of morals speak for themselves. your behavior towards your fellows is the same in rl or in game. just because you can hide behind a kb and monitor does not change that.