Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Start at Level 60 in Fallen Empire

EricMusco

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know right , it does seem to be falling on deaf ears. Something also tells me that as for rishi - zost is old bugs that the new dev team can't find. I swear that our first run through rishi , we could join each others instances ( party of 3 ) but after an emergency patch a day or two later the whole thing bugged out again. obviously most of the devs were busy creating content to fix those new found bugs.

Well if the chapters end up being solo only and no chance of my friends joining I will just do the chapters on one character per faction then unsub. I have 16 characters but I don't want to solo on 16.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

It honestly seems like this but I am going to give them the benefit of the doubt, yea I know too trusting maybe, and guess maybe they don't have the answer for this right now or they wanted to answer the companion and the level 60 question first as maybe a lot of people had questions about them. I hope they will answer this later and not forget this question.

Eric, if people have already paid to open up more slots... ie, I've paid extra and now have 20 slots... Will they get the 2 extra slots ontop of their already opened slots?

I assumed they're simply raising the capacity from 22 to 24 but you'll still have to pay to unlock those extra slots. Unless I misread that.

Depending what you want to call 'a grind' you are correct.

However ........ this is biting you in the behind too.

Doing dailies = a grind

Doing flashpoints = a grind

Doing operations = a grind

Doing repeated events = a grind

Kinda sucks right? I guess this whole game would qualified as a grind. Or can you think of an activity that can't be qualified as a grind? Please do enlighten me :rolleyes:

Levelling from lv1 to lv50/55/60 current;y DOES NOT take long. Only doing class missions is currently enough to get to max level. Class missions are a big part of this game and like any MMO does it has a levelsystem so you will be:

a - eased into the game and slowly learning gamemechanics / rotation (mostly important for new players)

b - having a carrot to actually do the missions which bioware spend tons of money/time/effort on

Also if I read between biowares lines the class missions will be upped in XP rewards when 3.4 (or 3.5) KotFE gets released.

So in short. If you are happy to be able to get an instant lv60 toon please do be happy. But don't even try to suggest your bypassing the grind.

If someone is new to this game and makes an instant lv60 toon, please don't queue for random operations, flashpoints or PvP with me. Feel free to queue with the ennemy team. Having canonfodder is always a nice thing.

You're "bypassing" the grind alright. End of.

So you feel that grinding through 60 levels make you a "better" player than someone who spends a few hrs on a lvl 60 toon to learn how things work? Thank you for the laugh, man.:D

Edited by LoverNoFighter
cccc

Not to bad,i Just hope the CC cost for buying additional level 60s is set very high,possibly higher each time it's used.

This doesn't even make any sense. First, any CM unlocks are sold as items, so they can't have variable prices. And second, if your concern, as a few others have voiced as well, is about new players who are not familiar with their class, wouldn't any new character they make be actually in a better situation since they're already learning more about how to play the game?

So basically you'll be selling level 60 characters? CM update of sorts?

Don't know what to think about this,but this will have a big Impact on PvP (and probably on PvE-as well).I was hoping the 'Buy 60 Character via CC' is just a Rumour,but it seems this'll be the case.Now,I still don't understand 'why',the amount of time invested to hit 60 with 12XP is at around 20 Hours (PLAYTIME !!!) which is fast enough.This is the wrong Road .... and we (The Community) will have to pay for this 'Mistake' once again.

P.S Slowly becoming like Neverwinter's Cash-Shop.

Edited by ahzecklawd

Reading just the first page of this thread made me want to gouge my eyes out & punch kittens.

This is why we can't have nice things, & why aliens won't ever visit us.

Edit: FWIW, I'm opposed to this "buy a fresh 60" idea, & the more I hear about the next expac, the less likely I will be to buy it & continue playing SW:TOR. OTOH, "Sword Coast Legends" will be out by then, so I'll have an excellent excuse to go do something else.

Edited by Aumvaar

The last thing I want in this game is level 65s that doesn't know how to play the game because they simply bought a level 60 character. The impact on pve is probably going to be noticable, with a lot of wipes in ops/fps.

Shouldn't there be a restriction as to who can buy one? Would be better if only players with a maxed out character can buy it, that way the end game content isn't infested by newbies that doesn't understand the game mechanics.

EAware is seriously getting desperate for money, always being calculative. :rak_02:

Also isn't this a bit unfiar for veterans that went through all content for the end game? Suddenly you can buy yourself through all that content...

I rather have 12x to level a new toon instead of giving a auto level 60 one . it more fun to me level faster then to be giving a level 60 . All these new people will have no idea how to play their class at level 60

Seeing you are going to be selling level 60's and you put X12 class xp buff on the market too and let us account unlock it

This is probably a stupid question. I don't have the Shadow of Revan expansion right now, but this new expansion will require that expansion, correct? (I do plan on getting the SoR expansion soon, I just wanted to check...)

Don't know what to think about this,but this will have a big Impact on PvP (and probably on PvE-as well).I was hoping the 'Buy 60 Character via CC' is just a Rumour,but it seems this'll be the case.Now,I still don't understand 'why',the amount of time invested to hit 60 with 12XP is at around 20 Hours (PLAYTIME !!!) which is fast enough.This is the wrong Road .... and we (The Community) will have to pay for this 'Mistake' once again.

P.S Slowly becoming like Neverwinter's Cash-Shop.

First thing, the 12XP Event ends with Fallen Empire. So it takes much more time to hit 60.

And actually in PvE and PvP there are enough players without any knowledge about their class. Not different than creat a character at 60 and doesn't know how to play.

Other games have this option too. It depends on what mechanism are implemented between creation and playing.

A good way can be found in WoW. Boosted Chars have to play the intro zone of the new expansion (WoD) as a tutorial. The skills and abillitys will be unlockted one after another like when u are leveling. U will get tasks to learn the basics of this class... and I think most of the players will not have more after creating a new char and level it to this level (without playing any endcontent in old expansions).

• 3 weeks later...
When we get out instant level 60 char, will we get some coms so we can buy 60 gear? Or will we get 60 basic gear in the mail or something similar? Cos I don't wanna be a Marauder weilding a practice blade and wearing cloth!

So does this mean that when we receive this new level 60 character we will get gear for them too?

I do not think they let us have a character that we can not play with so I would guess they get some kind of starter kit.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.