Start at Level 60 in Fallen Empire

EricMusco

Hey folks,

I have seen a few questions around how the “Start at Level 60” will work that comes with Fallen Empire. I want to start by saying that we will be releasing a blog when we get a bit closer to launch that describes all of the nitty gritty details and walks you through everything. But for now I wanted to cover a bit about how it works and address some of the things I have been seeing.

As a subscriber, when you get Fallen Empire you will receive one free level 60 character. This character must be a new character, you cannot “boost” an existing character up to 60. Beyond that first one which is included free with KOTFE, you can purchase additional level 60 characters through the Cartel Market at any time. I know that this raised the question of character limits as well. In talking with the development team, the plan is to increase the subscriber maximum character limit per server by 2 for the Fallen Empire launch. Not confirmation it will happen, but it is definitely their goal!

I know you still have many questions, such as how this impacts Class story, etc. We will be revealing all of these details down the line as we get closer to launch.

Thanks!

-eric

So who is the LIAR? James Ohlen? AlrikFassbauer? Kiandra? Eric? Any number of BioWare Officials who've made statements on this subject?

I am beyond furious and sick of this left hand/right hand doubletalk.

Based on information given by named parties it had been my understanding that existing characters could be taken to 60 for the new content. To that end I bought character slots for the characters I wanted to roll & level as my Outlanders (I have 3 of my 7 accounts subbed and now I'm regretting it). According to your statement, I will not get the option of taking an existing character straight to Lv 60 when I am ready to do so, contrary to various statements made by your cohorts.

I just learned of this thread today. Unlike most of the community I don't have the luxury of time nor 24/7 internet access. I preferred to use most of what little 'free' time I had internet access outside my school & study schedule playing when I could, not trolling the forums. RL events & circumstances prevented from benefiting from the 12x bonus as I barely got to level 4 of my 70+ subbed characters.

Your statement if correct means I've been wasting my time and my money.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So who is the LIAR? James Ohlen? AlrikFassbauer? Kiandra? Eric? Any number of BioWare Officials who've made statements on this subject?

Based on information given by named parties it had been my understanding that existing characters could be taken to 60 for the new content. To that end I bought character slots for the characters I wanted to roll & level as my Outlanders (I have 3 of my 7 accounts subbed and now I'm regretting it). According to your statement, I will not get the option of taking an existing character straight to Lv 60 when I am ready to do so, contrary to various statements made by your cohorts.

I just learned of this thread today. Unlike most of the community I don't have the luxury of time nor 24/7 internet access. I preferred to use most of what little 'free' time I had internet access outside my school & study schedule playing when I could, not trolling the forums. RL events & circumstances prevented from benefiting from the 12x bonus as I barely got to level 4 of my 70+ subbed characters.

Serious question, not trying to troll, honestly but I know how this might sound. When do you have time to play 3 subbed accounts? 12 characters per account times 3 that's 36 toons and you said you've bought more? More power to ya if you can juggle like that especially with real life events and circumstances not letting you enjoy the 12x xp and limited free time due to school and study and limited internet access, I don't know how you do it.

Serious question, not trying to troll, honestly but I know how this might sound. When do you have time to play 3 subbed accounts? 12 characters per account times 3 that's 36 toons and you said you've bought more? More power to ya if you can juggle like that especially with real life events and circumstances not letting you enjoy the 12x xp and limited free time due to school and study and limited internet access, I don't know how you do it.

My question is why in the first place would you have 7 accounts in the first place let alone 3 subbed. There are multiple servers I would find it hard to believe that someone would fill up all character slots on every server and need/want to make more. :confused:

Edited by HKFortyEight

My question is why in the first place would you have 7 accounts in the first place let alone 3 subbed. There are multiple servers I would find it hard to believe that someone would fill up all character slots on every server and need/want to make more. :confused:

I come from Asheron's Call and was a bit of a packrat and there was an allegiance system of patrons and vassals where when you dual log on two accounts at once, you can swear allegiance to a toon of yours from one account to a toon of yours from another account. Then as the vassal leveled a % of experience earned got pushed up to the patron, you could start 2 characters at level 1, swear one to the other and max out the vassals level and get a LOT of free xp to the patron.

So having multiple accounts in AC made perfect sense, at one point I had 5 subbed accounts, like I said I was also a packrat and storage was limited. I just don't understand the need for multiple accounts, ok, maybe 2, but 7 total with 3 subbed? Forget need, I don't understand how you can juggle all that at the same time.

I do miss Patron/Vassal relationships like we had in AC, the way it was supposed to work is, an older wiser player would take on a noob and show them the ropes, and get a little xp out of the deal, in exchange maybe for some currency and gear, or just straight up powerleveling. But when you have 275 levels til you cap out and the exponential nature of xp there had to be multiple ways to help push a toon to that level.

Like I said I'm not trying to troll here, I just don't see how anyone could juggle that many toons.

This is not a boost. They did not 'lie' to us about how the 60s would be granted. It is a full new level 60 character you can create to jump straight into KoTFE.

Your previous 60s can go into KoTFE as well, there's no issue with that either.

I did find it interesting that when you make the level 60, you can delete it and get your token back so if I don't like how it looks right off when I get into game, or change my mind right away because of something I decided I hated, I can reroll that character. Or, collect the instant level 60 armor. Not entirely sure this is WAI though and haven't found the faq people have referred to about it yet....

From having leveled an agent only through heroics, I got one up 20 levels in about 6 hours with a lot of goofing off. Only doing heroics from 20-40. No rested, no xp boosts, just from being a subscriber. You will still level quickly without 12x in play, the only difference is now you do class story + something else of your choice (doesn't have to be planet missions). You can level just as fast as with 12x from what I have seen.

I gotta say the way skills are introduced to new characters are terrible. If I hadn't already played a Sith Sorcerer to 55 on another sever, I would have been completely lost by the seemingly random way new skills were added to my bar.

Especially early on, all the skills you get have long induction times to cast, which isn't really very helpful in combat when you are the only person (ie, no tank companion) and constantly get pushback. And you get no defensive skills, like overload or static barrier until almost the end of Chapter 1.

I can't imagine actual new players will find this even remotely comprehensible.

I gotta say the way skills are introduced to new characters are terrible. If I hadn't already played a Sith Sorcerer to 55 on another sever, I would have been completely lost by the seemingly random way new skills were added to my bar.

Especially early on, all the skills you get have long induction times to cast, which isn't really very helpful in combat when you are the only person (ie, no tank companion) and constantly get pushback. And you get no defensive skills, like overload or static barrier until almost the end of Chapter 1.

I can't imagine actual new players will find this even remotely comprehensible.

This is why when I get mine on Tuesday the first thing I'm going to do is look up which toon is getting Armormech as default and rolling that... and that is what he will stay... a crafter. It's the only tradeskill I haven't leveled myself and this would be an awesome shortcut in that department. From what I understand if I take a class I've never had before I won't get the achievement for finishing that class anyway, so whatever one it is I'll have to level one up myself anyway. So to me it's just a chance to get free crafting on a character and maybe later after I run my main characters through the new content I'll do the same with the free one.

Before I post my question, I'll hopefully quiet the trolls by explaining that I've played since beta and have 60s that I grinded up. That said, I did buy a 60, and I have a question about it.

My companions' influence is at zero, for all companions. I am not able to talk with them to open dialogue trees to get influence up and to explore the character's background and such. I went to the first three planets (Tython, Coruscant and Taris) to see if perhaps that would open up their dialogue trees, but nope.

So are the companion dialogue trees closed if you buy a 60, or is there something I'm missing?

Before I post my question, I'll hopefully quiet the trolls by explaining that I've played since beta and have 60s that I grinded up. That said, I did buy a 60, and I have a question about it.

My companions' influence is at zero, for all companions. I am not able to talk with them to open dialogue trees to get influence up and to explore the character's background and such. I went to the first three planets (Tython, Coruscant and Taris) to see if perhaps that would open up their dialogue trees, but nope.

So are the companion dialogue trees closed if you buy a 60, or is there something I'm missing?

In my view that's the one big bad thing of either buying or getting your free 60, you miss out on the original story where you could have built up your influence just through story dialog choices. Now it seems you're stuck with the level 60-65th level dialog to do that which is minimal compared to 1-60. Guess I'll save credits on that legacy unlock and just get the ones for companion gifts. At least we don't also have to grind crew skills as well.

I started at a level 6o character because of knights of the fallen empire expansion and would like to play the prelude of shadow of revan but it doesnt appear anywhere and I can't find the location of the npc droid either on the fleet is it possible I can't complete it because technically it was a default that I completed but I realized that I can play makeb rise of the hutt cartel and prelude of sor doesnt appear on the mission console.

I started at a level 6o character because of knights of the fallen empire expansion and would like to play the prelude of shadow of revan but it doesnt appear anywhere and I can't find the location of the npc droid either on the fleet is it possible I can't complete it because technically it was a default that I completed but I realized that I can play makeb rise of the hutt cartel and prelude of sor doesnt appear on the mission console.

Any "auto" level 60, either the free one or one obtained by a token, can't go back and do previous class quests, I think that includes prior expansion quests as well. If you want to play that content you're gonna have to roll a toon and play them to that point in the original story.

It's the reason I'm not even using my free 60 but for the 500 crafting/gather skills. I want to take one of my original toons through the new story first.

Play it on one of your non-60 instant toons.

If you don't have any of those, then what the heck... you're totally missing the point and you will have no idea who all these people are, and that is a shame.

I don't mind the instant 60s, but people who use them without leveling at least one toon are REALLY short changing themselves.

Hate how the fresh 60 has no background or explanation at all.

Not new player friendly at all in my opinion.

The worst thing of the Insta-60 in my experience so far, is that you lose the opportunity to develop a "romance" with any of the old companions. Doing so saves a lot of credits because it can take "liked" companion gift to "loved", like with Kira and luxury items for example. That adds up over time. They need to tweek the system to have at least 1 gift for each character "loved" item no matter if the romance story is followed or not. If anything if you develop the romance it should only change which is the "loved" like if it was tech before romance it should be shifted to courting ones.

I accendintly started my level 60 character. Instead of anything happening, i was teleported to the fleet and was only level 1 :( so i delete my character and when I tried again the option for level 60 was gone? What do i do? how do i get it back? Im subscriber! please help :(

• 2 months later...
once you took the lvl 60 when u pay can u still play it when u are FTP?

Yes. You don't have to be a subscriber to purchase a level 60 character (those that don't have access to KOTFE start on the fleet, if I remember correctly) and you definitely don't have to be a subscriber to keep playing them after you've made one.

(Be mindful of character slots on your server though)

Edited by The-Kaitou-Kid

once you took the lvl 60 when u pay can u still play it when u are FTP?

IIRC, If you go from sub to preferred, the maximum number of characters you can have per server is reduced from 14 to 6 or 7. If you have more than what preferred status allows, you choose which characters you want unlocked. The rest stay locked until you either sub again or you acquire character slot unlocks. If you choose to keep your token 60 unlocked then it is playable.