Theran Shan?

GorkieX

If anyone follows the official SWTOR twitter be careful as their new post on the "traitor" has some people posting major spoilers in the comments if you want to avoid them.

Twitter modified their UI so I don't even know how to see comments anymore.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone follows the official SWTOR twitter be careful as their new post on the "traitor" has some people posting major spoilers in the comments if you want to avoid them.

and a lot of tears as well :D I'm glad we're not alone.

BTW, are we ready to start the "bring him back" campaign on Tuesday? :p

Edited by Tadagyt

I enjoyed all of the "don't want" gifs.

Me too. I also liked the "Who knew" cover someone posted.

"If someone said {5} years from now

You'd be long gone

I'd stand up and punch them out

'Cause they're all wrong " :(

Edited by Tadagyt

You'd be long gone

I haven't heard that song in so long! It's all I'm going to be hearing in my head now next week. :p

Edited by BlueShiftRecall

You'd be long gone

OMG stahp! T_T

I don't have any friends, family, or lover in real life. Why u do this thing to my imaginary boyfriend BioWare? *Urge to purge Lana intensifies*

OMG stahp! T_T

I don't have any friends, family, or lover in real life. Why u do this thing to my imaginary boyfriend BioWare? *Urge to purge Lana intensifies*

LOL! I didn't like Lana, until I started a male BH... and my hate for Mako was stronger, so I let him start a relationship with Lana. The minute Mako returns is going to be glorious thanks to her :D

and a lot of tears as well :D I'm glad we're not alone.

BTW, are we ready to start the "bring him back" campaign on Tuesday? :p

I think we should also prepare ourselves for the many threads on how many people want to kill the traitor, anyone who was around for the Koth betrayal / hate-train should know exactly what's coming.

Edited by BlueShiftRecall

I think we should also prepare ourselves for the many threads on how many people want to kill the traitor, anyone who was around for the Koth betrayal / hate-train should know exactly what's coming.

:rak_03:Yes, my lightsaber is ready.

and expect them to gloat and troll about it any any opportunity, Just to drive us away.

Edited by Asmodesu

Can always make a "Safe our beloved traitor" thread and tell the haters to get out.:rak_03:

That kind of title would just draw every single troll on the internet, lmao. There's already a character thread anyway. The kind of people I'm talking about is the ones lacking empathy or respect.

This is a public forum for subs, I'll never say to people "can't post somewhere" and them having a "traitor hater thread" won't stop it though if there is one I'll direct them there, but that's not fun for them because they want to gloat at those who like the character, nothing more. You see them pop in and out of that Quinn thread often.

My comment was just a little mental preparation for others, I've gone through these phases often across multiple games. Not new for me to be on the receiving end of empathy-lacking gloats ;)

Edited by Asmodesu

That kind of title would just draw every single troll on the internet, lmao. There's already a character thread anyway. The kind of people I'm talking about is the ones lacking empathy or respect.

This is a public forum for subs, I'll never say to people "can't post somewhere" and them having a "traitor hater thread" won't stop it though if there is one I'll direct them there, but that's not fun for them because they want to gloat at those who like the character, nothing more. You see them pop in and out of that Quinn thread often.

My comment was just a little mental preparation for others, I've gone through these phases often across multiple games. Not new for me to be on the receiving end of empathy-lacking gloats ;)

You'll always have those people, but the Quinn thread doesn't have much haters in it. Every now and then someone comes in and says herpderp, but in general it's pretty nice in there. :)

Why would a thread about said traitor be different?

Edited by Eshvara

You'll always have those people, but the Quinn thread doesn't have much haters in it. Every now and then someone comes in and says herpderp, but in general it's pretty nice in there. :)

Why would a thread about said traitor be different?

To answer my opinion on this properly I'd be breaking rules, mainly just different type of character then Quinn was. I am the local pessimist however, so I'll be happily surprised if it rarely happens but expect Koth level hatred for the first week anyway

I already have a discussing post for when the stuff is released and for after I've played it lmao. Stuff I want to say but can't and have had no outlet for it yet all jumbled together :p

2 more days-ish! now all I need is Arcann to connect with my character and I have my perfect writer's heaven.

I already have a discussing post for when the stuff is released and for after I've played it lmao. Stuff I want to say but can't and have had no outlet for it yet all jumbled together :p

2 more days-ish! now all I need is Arcann to connect with my character and I have my perfect writer's heaven.

Glad I'm not the only one with so much I want to discuss but having to wait, but yes not long now! :p

On that note of Bioware, Mass Effect Andromeda anyone? The very idea they can pull the rug out and basically give up has me worried.

I've become so bitter and so disappointed with BioWare based on their last several games to the point of resentment that I skipped Andromeda all together(first time skipping a BW game since I started with KotOR) but the fact that it was so poorly received, failed so hard, and the fact that they don't even think it's worth it to try to milk it for DLC money makes me sickly satisfied >.>

I really think BioWare is getting out of the RPG market. They want mass market appeal and therefore mass market dollars like CoD and RPGs don't provide that. Everything from the sliding quality of their recent more hybrid/action "rpgs" to their new game Anthem which is not an RPG at all and is a far cry from anything they've done before point to BioWare ditching RPGs in the near future. Maybe they'll squeeze out one more Dragon Age but after that? I doubt they'll make more. RPGs take a lot of care and time and attention to make them great and BioWare isn't willing to put that in anymore especially when they can just make cookie cutter online co-op shooters and their new fanbase will complain a heck of a lot less than their old RPG base.

Andromeda wasn't that bad, and that's coming from someone who preordered the Deluxe Edition... twice. Because my deployed (at the time) husband wanted it, too. It just didn't feel like Mass Effect to me. Felt like it was missing something, and that really bugged me. There was no 'life' to it, I guess. It was kind of like I ordered ice cream, but I got the sugar free version instead. I'm a type 1 Diabetic, too. That stuff is disgusting. And I had the same disappointed feeling afterwards with MEA.

I didn't even care about the animations. Mostly because I'm used to Bioware's weird wonky animations in every game ever. My issue was the CC, and even with the 'improvements'... it was still a pain to create a decent looking Ryder. And the default Sara wasn't up my alley. None of the romances were really my type either. I wanted to romance certain NPCs, not my companions :p Evfra and Kandros, being two of them. It's good for a once through, but... I got bored with my 2nd playthrough. Haven't touched it since.

The DLC thing does have me concerned for the future though :( Especially for Dragon Age, and it makes me worried about Bioware. If... certain things don't happen with a certain somebody, maybe being a third agent/-insertdecentexplanationhere-. I'm going to be done with swtor, and act like it never happened.

Realtalk, things are going to go quite south on Tuesday, I think.

Lol, I totally forgot about the Koth hatred.:D

I don't hate him, but he is pretty irritating. He's... punchable, I guess. But then I haven't taken a deep-DS character through KOTFE far enough for him to become a problem.

Realtalk, things are going to go quite south on Tuesday, I think.

I don't hate him, but he is pretty irritating. He's... punchable, I guess. But then I haven't taken a deep-DS character through KOTFE far enough for him to become a problem.

I never had him leave either, I'm playing full DS this time around as I never have before.:rak_03:

No offense Eshvara, but I've read some of your posts including one that I think got deleted where you pretty much were the herp derp person in a forum post about a character. I've read your posts that don't like Theron, but this is forum thread for people who do, so why comment, and as Asmodesu said, gloat at people who like the character?

And yes, I say gloat because I've read your post that occurred shortly after certain content was revealed, and it did read as gloating.

I guess I have! I started visiting this thread after certain "speculations" were made like most people did and well unlike most here, my feelings are the opposite! No offense taken, I don't see why I shouldn't be called out on doing something that would go against the nature of the thread.

This thread is however not like the Quinn haters get out thread or a "we love Theron thread" people just simply asked for imformation regarding Theron back in 2015. I don't think my posts are really misplaced in a general Theron Shan thread.

I don't see the need to deny the gloating, I did gloat. If this is somehow a Theron positive thread, please quote where the op mentioned it, in case I've missed it after reading it twice.:)

And some of your posts including one that I think got deleted I noticed there was some gloating at the fact you 'won"? Were proven right about Theron? Then followed up with having your lightsaber ready...

Not saying you're forbidden from posting in this forum thread specifically... but I was taken a back by some of them cause it seemed a bit... insensitive to say to people who love the character.

I don't recall myself saying I "won" won what exactly? Not sure what to say about that as I can't think of any context I would place that I won something. I did talk about the irony in another thread as I never thought they would go a certain way with the rumoured traitor. So me not believing this would ever happen, would make it seem weird for me to say that I was right all along. I did say my lightsaber is ready. And again, this thread wasn't started as a Theron love thread, it was started as a "What happened to Theron thread, apparently by someone who prefers Lana over Theron" And posts in here are quite mixed beginning from the start.

We all came here recently again because of a certain reason and we all feel differently about it.

The day I'll respond in a Theron love thread out of spite or whatever reason just to be negative, I'll eat my shoe.

Edited by Eshvara