Most Active EST Server for WZ/Arena Queues

djcetra

Heya,

I haven't played in a while, just wondering which eastern server has the most active PvP community? I don't care who thinks who is "better" or whatever, what I'm looking for is the server with the most people actively playing so the queue times aren't long and there's more of a variety of people to match up against. These days it doesn't matter if a server is a "PVP" or "RP" server in my mind because there's no such thing as world pvp anymore for years in this game, strictly concerned for queuing.

Thx!

I stuck it out on POT5 in hopes of it turning around, and liked the idea of being flagged while running missions, but eventually xfered to The Ebon Hawk and it's got a active PvP community. WZs pop regularly and ranked is active for me during primetime. Edited by Burrowa

I'm curious about this as well as I have been having issues every now and then on the Harbinger. Usually don't but at the most intense moment, I get ability delay from hell and its killed me often. Assassin hamering me so I stun, see them break it without full resolve, so hit flash bang; nope. Didn't go off and I am stunned and killed in stead.

Looks like the "Standard" population is for :

Shadowlands

Ebon Hawk

Jedi Covenant

I stuck it out on POT5 in hopes of it turning around, and liked the idea of being flagged while running missions, but eventually xfered to The Ebon Hawk and it's got a active PvP community. WZs pop regularly and ranked is active for me during primetime.

Ty for this information :)

I'm curious about this as well as I have been having issues every now and then on the Harbinger. Usually don't but at the most intense moment, I get ability delay from hell and its killed me often. Assassin hamering me so I stun, see them break it without full resolve, so hit flash bang; nope. Didn't go off and I am stunned and killed in stead.

Looks like the "Standard" population is for :

Shadowlands

Ebon Hawk

Jedi Covenant

Trying to figure out which one would be the better choice, Shadowlands or EbonHawk.

it's just about time that they finally admit the obvious and merge the pvp servers. With wz' being totally reliant upon server pop and complicity and the forgone certainty that their will never be cross server ques, this has become virtually a need thing at this point. Edited by Ferrnitty

What sort of lag are EST players getting on the west coast servers?

Also on harb, do the east coast players still catch the primetime pops since the 3 hour time difference between east and west.

Trying to settle on a home server since leaving POT5

Also on harb, do the east coast players still catch the primetime pops since the 3 hour time difference between east and west.

Best thing to do is create an alt there and find out. Seems fine for me most of the time but when in a war zone and tab targeting, I get a delay on it drawing who I'm on in my target window along with the marker. Have other ability lag not as often but seemingly at the worst possible moment every time. Quest Hutt Ball seems to have more issues tracking operative rolls or other fast movement more so than I recall on POT5.

Results may vary so try for yourself on the lag but pops are a lot better for regs at least.

Shadowlands, from what I've been told from recent transfers is we have less lag in the WZ and Arenas when compared to the other east coast servers.

It's active from 9am-3am. You'll still get pops between 3am and 9am but they are most constant from 9am-3am all week long

We have had days when things pop off at 7am and constantly all day/night

I'm on a lot and w have a lot of healers. A few of our transfers have noticed this. Usually 1 tank to every 2-3 healers.

There are premades on both sides. Pub and imp alike are fairly equal but imp does have more players. But it's not like it's 3-1 or anything. It's closer to 1.5-1

geared and undergeared are about the same but this is due to x12 XP

Ranked is good, though teams coordinate for pops. Usually will have multiple teams in ranked q

Solo ranked is good, ops created to get the pops going though.

I can honestly say as a east coast player, my experience went from relatively laggy to extreme lag hell on Harbinger. In the beginning I went from 70-90 server lag up to 90-120 three months later.

Also, I started to get disconnected A LOT, kicked to server select screen. Often it happened in warzones. The lag was so bad on Fleet I would be running and freeze up in the lag.

I enjoy Harbinger, a lot. The pops are frequent, I met friendly pvpers and it was fine, even dealing with 90-120 MS lag was manageable. When the issues started to affect my pvp and warzones I had to stop playing there. I honestly have no idea why my experience worsened.

That being said, it's definitely the server. I logged into Ebon Hawk, an east coast server and amazingly my lag is 40-50 ms, and I do not get booted out of warzones now. Totally was Harbinger server. I am sad, because i had a few good pals there, but the point of playing for me is to do pvp and warzones when that was destroyed I had to go.

Since coming to Ebon Hawk, so far... Not quite as populated in mornings, but pvp still pops all day even EST morning time. Players, I have met new people and ran into one old pal who plays mainly imp though. I been playing pub side....

Pubs usually win in lowbies/mids, unless the pvp guilds who play pub mostly decide to hop on their imps. Not sure how or when this change of power occured. Used to be 6-9 months ago, imps were dominant.

As for 60s, I will know in about 1 day my healer is 59 now, so i can't comment on how 60s pvp is yet.

All in all, I like Ebon Hawk, the lag is hardly noticeable compared to Harbinger. I also like the fact pubs actually hold their own on this server unlike the majority of other servers which are usually imp heavy.

I play primarily on Harbinger and Jedi Covenant

I cant recall waiting more than 5 minutes for a WZ or FP pop in either.

Maybe a bit longer for JC or non peak times. Still good servers.

JC has slowed down considerably since I transferred back there ~4 months ago. but I don't have any other servers to compare it to atm, cuz I only occasionally pop into JM for like five seconds and log, but JM is the lowest pop in the game.

JC is a nightmare for pubs at 60, btw. so...roll pubs with friends only or just roll imp.

personally, I wouldn't spend one red cent on character transfers at this point, but I understand why you would want to flee a sinking ship on pot5.

it's just about time that they finally admit the obvious and merge the pvp servers. With wz' being totally reliant upon server pop and complicity and the forgone certainty that their will never be cross server ques, this has become virtually a need thing at this point.

The same can be said for merging the two East Coast PVE Servers: Shadowlands and Jedi Covenant

Pop frequency' time has gotten progressively longer and the pug vs premade gotten a bit predictable. Would be nice to see an infusion of new players into the mix.

So if you pub the only server for you is Bastion and if Bastion is gone, there will be only two fraction outlander and imp. Do they had to make pub that unattractive ? Edited by Cherepk

I transferred from PoT5 to Ebon Hawk, and it's pretty great. 60 WZ pops happen pretty much all the time, and it's rare that you ever have to wait more than about 5 minutes at primetime. Pub/Imp balance of power is shifted toward the imps slightly in my experience, but not so drastically that you have no hope of winning.

It's looking like I'm going to try Ebon Hawk and if I'm not happy there I'll try Shadowlands as a last ditch effort before I give up on this game for PvP. I understand there's decent West Coast servers, I'm currently back on Bastion because I'm from California but I'm on the East Coast for the next year and I do not enjoy 80-120ms pings when I'm PvPing, it throws me off, I want my 20-35ms ping.

Thanks for the suggestions, hope Ebon/Shadow has enough PvP to keep me going. Don't want to give up as I love Star Wars and PvP and there's not really other good MMOs out right now (IMO) so this is kinda a last ditch effort for me to keep playing unless they make changes.

Good luck to everyone and I'll be seeing some of you on Ebon soon or possibly Shadowlands later.