The Star Wars: The Old Republic Community Cantina Tour Arrives in San Diego, California!

TaitWatson

There will be a new pack given out (which contains an SDCC exclusive vehicle) and there will be link sharing just like last time!

-eric

YAAAAAAAAAY-

Hey folks!

I wanted to let you know about a promotion we will be running during our San Diego Cantina. If you stop by anytime during the day, log into one of the laptops we have there, and show us that you have an account and are opted in to receive emails we will claim a code for you on the spot which will add 30 days of sub time and some Cartel Coins.

Just a little something extra for those of you come to visit us during Comic-Con. Note that you will need to log into your account (so if you have a security key, make sure to bring it along), we will only have this during the day, and it will not be available during the nighttime event.

Thanks everyone, see you in San Diego!

-eric

-awww.

REALLY wish I could get to San Diego now...

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So when will you come to Stockholm or Paris, London, Barcelona, Berlin, Tokyo, Sidney, Rio and so on? And let the rest of your subscribers and fans have a fair chance to get the same appreciation and respect???

Sadly agree, US is already highly favored, but giving free 30 day sub, which is pretty much only based on where people live isnt right by me. How about say it openly:

"Hey we decided that San diego is such nice city so we will give free 30 days sub to all people who live around and can spare some of their time."

Edited by ShawDou

Note that you will need to log into your account (so if you have a security key, make sure to bring it along), we will only have this during the day, and it will not be available during the nighttime event.

That's definitely a nice idea and I hope it will carry over to other cantina events.

But what about the infamous One Time Passwords. Will players without a security key be able to use the laptop to login to their e-mails and get the OTP? :cool:

The one thing I missed about this game. Screw you to people that can't attend these events. Keep giving away stuff to lucky people city that BW decide to visit and screw everyone else. I can just see Eric and his team sitting in there office and deciding their next company vacation. So if you don't live close to tourist area screw you.

Hey Eric why don't you do something special for the rest of us? Special mount and free month sub and CC just for living in SD.

Edited by Warrgames

The one thing I missed about this game. Screw you to people that can't attend these events. Keep giving away stuff to lucky people city that BW decide to visit and screw everyone else. I can just see Eric and his team sitting in there office and deciding their next company vacation. So if you don't live close to tourist area screw you.

Hey Eric why don't you do something special for the rest of us? Special mount and free month sub and CC just for living in SD.

Reason 1 - THE CHARGERS SUCK.

Reason 2 - THE PADRES SUCK

Reason 3 - SAN DIEGO SUCKS PERIOD>

Mighty DUCKS rule!!!!!!! :rolleyes:;):D

It's not BW fault not everyone can attend if your so bitter go play wow oh wait they do the same thing, give free stuff to those that attend blizzcon or their booth at comic-con. This is normal, you go to an event you get extra stuff. As a sub you already get the cartel coins and if you refer people you get more free coins.

Edited by Nightblazer

Hey folks!

I wanted to let you know about a promotion we will be running during our San Diego Cantina. If you stop by anytime during the day, log into one of the laptops we have there, and show us that you have an account and are opted in to receive emails we will claim a code for you on the spot which will add 30 days of sub time and some Cartel Coins.

Just a little something extra for those of you come to visit us during Comic-Con. Note that you will need to log into your account (so if you have a security key, make sure to bring it along), we will only have this during the day, and it will not be available during the nighttime event.

Thanks everyone, see you in San Diego!

-eric

This is great... for those who can take the time off work or afford to attend the SDCC. For those of us who can't, I have to admit that this kind of sucks. It would be nice if you guys could come up with something for those of us who can't make it out there even though we'd move heaven and earth, if we could, just to attend.

This is great... for those who can take the time off work or afford to attend the SDCC. For those of us who can't, I have to admit that this kind of sucks. It would be nice if you guys could come up with something for those of us who can't make it out there even though we'd move heaven and earth, if we could, just to attend.

See, the thing is this: nobody in San Diego is being given anything as a "present" because BioWare just loves them so very much -- Bioware is basically just paying people $15 (in the form of a subscription) to create extra publicity by lining up to get the free stuff. Frankly, given the amount of time it takes to get around downtown during SDCC, to stand in line to get into the venue, and to stand in line at one of their company laptops until it's your turn to log in, it probably works out to less than minimum wage. Bioware doesn't have any incentive to give anything to players who aren't at Comic-con, because players who aren't at Comic-con can't queue up outside the Westin and make passers-by go "Gosh, that Bioware game must be really good, look how many people are waiting to get into their event!"

And hey, at least the ugly pink cosmetic item that costs Bioware nothing is shareable.

(PS: this isn't really specifically directed at the person I quoted -- that post just happened to be the most recent of many people saying the same basic thing. I'm not trying to pick on CeltWolf!)

Edited by CaliOrion

Look, just because all you other people that don't live in SD are bitter because you have that stuff called...what is it again...weather? Anyways...doesn't mean we won't enjoy it, so thanks for bringing it here Bioware! Grab a California Burrito, get a Ballast Point or Stone brew, and enjoy!

It's been asked, but I wanted to put this out there again:

Will there be another Twitch livestream of this event, like the one at SWCA?

It probably would have been announced by now, if there were. But that might just be me thinking that, who is on Central European time and it's 7PM here.

Edited by Elvija

Look, just because all you other people that don't live in SD are bitter because you have that stuff called...what is it again...weather? Anyways...doesn't mean we won't enjoy it, so thanks for bringing it here Bioware! Grab a California Burrito, get a Ballast Point or Stone brew, and enjoy!

Until it moves to L.A.

Hey Eric, Ben here from Australia, had a awesome time in the US for this year's ComicCon Cantina event. Just letting you know my user account is "Lord__xendor" (with 2 underscore lines) on server "the Bastion" if you need my password just let me know. See you at the party tonight :)

Ben.

I was trying to jump on the train from OC to SD this afternoon to catch some friends at the Cantina Tour, but had some things come up. The Gas Lamp District is a very fun place so I am going to drop a couple suggestions so I can live vicariously through you.

1) Drinks at Vin de Syrah to start the night off right (its a tricky spot to find... NO HINTS)

... bar hop your way down 5th Ave to ...

2) Cafe Sevilla to get your food munchies settled

3) Nightcap at the rooftop bar on top of the Marriott Hotel next to Petco Park

CHEERS!

Edited by king_nile

So can we all agree that the highlight of the evening was the "There will be no going back" line about FE? I realize that that was mentioned in conjunction with the free level 60s; but I will tell you right now, if starting FE means giving up all my companions for any of the characters I actually leveled, I'm done. Yeah, I know, "can we have your stuff" etc, but legit: there is NO. WAY. IN. HELL. that I am throwing out something that is that important to my character (not to mention something that I, as a player, invested that much time and energy into.)

I'm with whoever it was that started booing when you guys said that, just FYI.

And now, having thought angrily about that all evening and the entire train ride home, with this post I can finally sleep.

So can we all agree that the highlight of the evening was the "There will be no going back" line about FE? I realize that that was mentioned in conjunction with the free level 60s; but I will tell you right now

As you said, this only affects new level 60s. If you create an instant level 60, you cannot go back and run the class story, you can only run the new Fallen Empire.

However, you can still start a new level 1, play through the class story to 60, and then play through Fallen Empire.

You will still be able to revisit old planets etc. And all of this has been known for at least two weeks, so the question was kind of pointless at the cantina tour anyway.

Cool event. Was fun talking with SWTOR and asking questions, and also getting a free print (which I got autographed).

Thanks for good time! Don't forget about PvP!

-First guy in line (in the morning)

Edited by Aikon