The Star Wars: The Old Republic Community Cantina Tour Arrives in San Diego, California!

TaitWatson

Yeah, I was lucky enough to get one of those prints too. I thought the event was very well managed. They kept it engaging and provided some good information especially while they wandered through the crowds. I think that a lot of folks were unsatisfied with the answer about future operations (I know that I was) but the note to just hold on and wait until all the announcements for the expansions was well put.

In my excitement, I forgot to ask them all the minute detail crafting questions that I had accumulated! Oh well, I guess that I will have to go to another event sometime.

Thanks for the great time SWTOR!!!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, sooooo, do you gotta be 21 to get in alone? or can you be like, 17-18+ and just not drink?

That would require to check your ID every time you get a free drink. And that is way too much hassle for the staff of whatever place the event is hosted at. And BioWare obviously doesn't want to be responsible for underage person getting hammered (which they would be, I guess?).

Just got home from San Diego yesterday and I was a bit surprised to read the following:

Hey folks!

I wanted to let you know about a promotion we will be running during our San Diego Cantina. If you stop by anytime during the day, log into one of the laptops we have there, and show us that you have an account and are opted in to receive emails we will claim a code for you on the spot which will add 30 days of sub time and some Cartel Coins.

Just a little something extra for those of you come to visit us during Comic-Con. Note that you will need to log into your account (so if you have a security key, make sure to bring it along), we will only have this during the day, and it will not be available during the nighttime event.

Thanks everyone, see you in San Diego!

-eric

It sounds like a great reward for attending. I do want to voice an opinion on your timing of this announcement though. SDCC ran from the 8th with preview night through the 12th. For anyone traveling the timing of this announcement precluded us from participation. We were already there with no chance to travel back to our home state to get our respective keys. I just want to make you aware of an issue with short notice for large pilgrimage types of events.

I'm not complaining, just trying to help you make the next event better for the participants.