PvP Economy and Ranked Rewards Restructure for Game Update 3.3

TaitWatson

Well, getting gear will be easy...that s ok...somehow.....ranked now will be flooded with conquest running lads all the way......i get this......but....you should think about 1vs1 games where truly good players show what they can....and rewards to be really really unique. I d love to see some lads wearing some fancy title/armor set etc. and to know :

Yea he is good pvp player and v been prove that in arena.... not relay to a matching system which we all know ain`t work as supposed.....

Cheers from a casual pvp player who spend a tremendous amount of time to grind his armor

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a lot of fun playing normal warzones and that was taken from me when I hit 60 on my main, because grinding for gear was so frustrating when you are simply cannon fodder and kind of useless to your team. So I really appreciate the tier 1 PvP set price reduction and the warzone comms cap raise, thank you for this change, Bioware.

But I'm really worried about the AOE not stopping objective cap thing.

Really, really worried.

Edited by LaOosaki

I'm not quite as negative about the aoe changes. I think it could make games more interesting. Clearing an entire team out on VS only to have a shadow force speed out of spawn and place FiB doesn't take a ton of skill. Winning a stalemate just isn't as interesting to me.

One thing I think could add to this and make it work better is adding a debuff while capping. Something like, "Guard Down: while focusing on an objective you are more susceptible to taking damage; damage received increased by 200%". Not sure what multiplier would make the most sense, but with this a team zerg capping would get destroyed by multiple people's AoE even if it doesn't directly interrupt the cap. It would take care of one player holding off several though.

Edited by ML_DoubleTap

Well, getting gear will be easy...that s ok...somehow.....ranked now will be flooded with conquest running lads all the way......i get this......but....you should think about 1vs1 games where truly good players show what they can....and rewards to be really really unique. I d love to see some lads wearing some fancy title/armor set etc. and to know :

Yea he is good pvp player and v been prove that in arena.... not relay to a matching system which we all know ain`t work as supposed.....

Cheers from a casual pvp player who spend a tremendous amount of time to grind his armor

1 vs 1 games will never happen and they shouldn't happen. There are certain classes that will always beat other classes in a 1 vs 1 fight. Its just how it is. Creating a format where OP classes can shine would make things even worse. At least in 4v4 the other players, albeit probably FOTMs still, requires a team effort.

You say, "truly good players show what they can" but really it would just be an even worse case of, "which FOTM can I win with in 1v1."

Resolve bar,vengence juggs and their guardian counterparts also doesnt assassin/shadow have an ability that makes them immune to stun for a certain amount of time?

1. Resolve kicks in after 2 AoE stun, that should buy you 15-31 seconds. If they all stack up for that long and you didn't obliterate them with AoE then you not gona win anyway.
  2. Juggs need to charge for the immunity and it only lasts 4sec so it's impossible for that to work.
  3. As for the assassins unless there are 4+ of them you can single them out and interrupt 1 by 1. Failing that you can still use AoE pushback, which isn't affected by Dark Stability iirc, and Shroud doesn't last long enough.

We are discussing if the titles and mount rewards should be BoL in future seasons. The crystals and weapons are already BoL in previous/current seasons and that will stay the same moving forward. We would like you hear y'alls thoughts on the subject. Does seeing a mount or title on character that (at the extreme) doesn't PvP at all hurt the significance and exclusivity of the reward? Or is it enough to know that someone in the Legacy of that character worked to get the reward?

I'm very much in favor of the way things work now bindings-wise: armor, weapons, and crystals should be BoL, decorations are (obviously) for the entire legacy, but titles and mounts should remain exclusive to the character that earned them. For one thing, there will always be some classes that perform better than others in ranked -especially solo ranked- and seeing a gunslinger with a Nexu mount (as an example) is a lot more impressive than seeing a shadow with a Nexu mount. The same goes for the titles. It would seem really weird to see someone running around with a Tier 1 title on their Sentinel if they're a horrible sentinel player, but just so happen to be a really good sage. I would feel incredibly weird (and even perhaps a little ashamed) using a Tier 1 title or mount on a character that hadn't actually put in the legwork to earn it, regardless of what I had or hadn't done as a player. And that's really the second reason: part of the fun, for me at least, in bringing multiple characters into ranked is seeing how well I can perform on each of them, and how many characters I can manage to get those higher tier rewards on. I like the feeling of seeing each character 'earn' their rewards on their own, and watching each of them progress through highs and lows -in solos and in grouped- throughout the season. It's a nice little adventure, and having those rewards kept separate gives each character individual goals they can strive towards.

Even if it were decided that the mounts are going to be BoL (which I hope they aren't), I would really prefer it if the titles at least still remained tied to the character that earned them. The interview and blog both mentioned "at least one" exclusive reward per tier, and I really, really hope that reward is a title, as it would provide something tangible that would easily demonstrate how well each character performed in ranked that season. But whatever that reward ends up being, it, if nothing else, should be bound to character, as the entire point of that specific reward is for it to remain as exclusive as possible.

Edited by Aravail

I, for a PVE player, am greatly thrilled to know that ranked pvp will be more easily accessed!

About the old pvp seasons rewards, I feel like yes, there should be exclusives like girrada rancor, and other titles and mounts, but I wish the weapons and armors were available, even with another skin.... for example the furious weapons are as cool as the tythonian, ziost, unstable and gree weapons.... which are available to anyone. I'd personnally play pvp for hours just to get the furious set so please, consider bringing old rewards back in any possible way.

Btw, I know PVE players have had exclusive rewards... for a time. Corruptor's Blade, Decorations, NiM mounts were available to top PVE players only, and now they're not anymore, with the stuff upgrade. I juste feel like PVP rewards exclusive should work the way PVE exclusive rewards do. Or introduce PVE exlusive rewards with timed PVE events (I'm not talking about Gree or Rakghoul, which are available for everyone), available to top PVE players.

Thank you

Edited by hyperblast
To clarify

I know this doesn't exactly apply to end game gear, but it is on target with the recent PvP gear focus...

Can we get the lightsabers and blaster pistols on the PvP Weapons vendor changed to be Main Hand and Off Hand, instead of just Main Hand? I don't know why they were originally designed that way, but it would be nice to be able to buy two of them for dual wielding characters and doesn't *seem* like a hard change.

Edited by vemerce

We are discussing if the titles and mount rewards should be BoL in future seasons. The crystals and weapons are already BoL in previous/current seasons and that will stay the same moving forward. We would like you hear y'alls thoughts on the subject. Does seeing a mount or title on character that (at the extreme) doesn't PvP at all hurt the significance and exclusivity of the reward? Or is it enough to know that someone in the Legacy of that character worked to get the reward?

Mounts - BOL is fine

Titles - No BOL

IMO a title is something that should only be displayed on the toon that earned it. If your dad was an NFL MVP do you put NFL MVP next to your name? No. But The dad could give their kid their Super Bowl ring as an heirloom.

If it has to be all one or all the other then don't make them BOL.

Honestly what I'd prefer more than both of these is if Title was BOL and mount worked with the account system to any of your characters could use it.

1 vs 1 games will never happen and they shouldn't happen. There are certain classes that will always beat other classes in a 1 vs 1 fight. Its just how it is. Creating a format where OP classes can shine would make things even worse. At least in 4v4 the other players, albeit probably FOTMs still, requires a team effort.

You say, "truly good players show what they can" but really it would just be an even worse case of, "which FOTM can I win with in 1v1."

Couldn't disagree more. Yes class balance can be an issue but that's no reason to throw out 1v1 completely. Hell you could clam that the trinity system is a reason to throw out 1v1 too. I disagree, allow people to duke it out 1v1 if they want. If balance is so bad that it's unsustainable, then make 1v1 so you can only play vs people of the same class (that would only make sense with cross servers or a mega server merge though)

A lot of these changes seem geared towards attracting new players to PVP so one wonders why bother having a gear requirement for non ranked at all?

When I used to bother playing online competitive multi player games it was all about skill, not gear.

I agree with this. This is a step in the right direction, but I'm for totally removing all PvP gear from the game. Then when a character joins build their stats off a naked character. Everyone's on an even footing gear wise and you can just play based on skill. Let the grind be for these new season rewards and not the old PvP gear.

Edited by Arlon_Nabarlly

Just wanted to share some thoughts.

For the moment the main reason for players to grind in WZ is to get ranked gear. This is good. We have fast queues and big population. If ranked gear becomes relatively cheap and faster to get, there won't be so many players playing WZ anymore. Queues become longer.. like in fp.. It seems very possible that a lot of players will abandon WZs and move on to open world pvp and WZ games will be limited to 15 weekly games...

Their moving the grind from gear to rewards. If you are not longer interested because you think the gear grind is fun, then c-ya. I think you're in the minority their. People grind for gear because it's the only thing to achieve, they are replacing it with something much better. I don't see a problem.

Please also update/create titles for achievements/milestones such as number of kills/mvp etc. Total/wins/mvp/players killed etc. These are simple changes (valor hasnt moved from 100 since launch btw). why does 1000 wz wins not give you a neat title for example - simple rewards for frequent wz players.

Honestly I think this needs to be even more comprehensive. Myself, and most others have a ton of characters, especially with 12xp. Personally, I hate being forced to just pvp on one character over and over, so I bounce around to the different professions for my pvp fun. HOWEVER, it also is a huge hindrance if I want to do any kind of consistent competitive ranking.

The current system shoehorns me and most others into playing a single profession in pvp just to get and maintain pvp ranking. Not everyone has gobs of time to spend grinding out pvp rewards on multiple toons even if they want to. I think a good solution would be to reward all pvp warzone/experience/ranking to be account wide rather than character specific.

This would mean I could still focus on fun in pvp while still advancing and achieving overall within the new ranking system. Make the rewards account wide, or BoL in f need be, but please allow us to play across multiple toons!

For the sake of leader boards, you can still maintain them as they are for best in profession slots, but also add in top ranking for accounts as well. This would still allow people who like to play one toon to rank in the top 96, and it would also allow people who play multiple toons to rank in the top 96 (Two separate categories but equal reward).

Thoughts?

The current Ranked Warzone reward system indirectly promotes players to stop queueing after they have gotten to the tier that they feel they will end up at for the Season,

Which is it, actually ? I mean, which tier is it that the majority of people is stopping at ?

And why do they stop ?

Do they stop because they feel like outclassed by other, overpowered classes ?

Do they stop because they know that they'll never be as good as the "Top 96" ?

Do they stop because they feel like being steamrolled or even farmed ?

players will now receive these season-specific tokens for every match they play based on match outcome and performance medals. A player that wins the match with max medals gets a larger amount of Comms than a player that gets the minimum number of medals and loses,

This will do nothing but reward overpowered and / or FOTM classes.

Gunslingers, for example, which are even now not high in the Leaderboards - not to mention Sentinels - won't be rewarded - simply because every other class does so much more performance than they are able to do (because they are too soon easily shut down, for example, like with Sentinels), or because other classes are simply overpowered compared to them.

The better you are and the more you play, the more rewards you will be able to purchase.

Again : This favoures overpowered classes.

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

Couldn't disagree more. Yes class balance can be an issue but that's no reason to throw out 1v1 completely. Hell you could clam that the trinity system is a reason to throw out 1v1 too. I disagree, allow people to duke it out 1v1 if they want. If balance is so bad that it's unsustainable, then make 1v1 so you can only play vs people of the same class (that would only make sense with cross servers or a mega server merge though)

1 vs 1 doesn't make sense in this game. You have players that enjoy being healers or tanks. You would essentially make a DPS (maybe tank) only ranked scene. If players want to 1v1 they can /duel, but making a whole ranked system for them would be a waste of resources imo.

I haven't yet read the thread so maybe someone has already mentioned it, but with this new systems do you think you could the previous rank rewards for the next 1 or 2 seasons. I really wanted those flaming effect sabers for Burning Watchman Sentinel.

I haven't yet read the thread so maybe someone has already mentioned it, but with this new systems do you think you could the previous rank rewards for the next 1 or 2 seasons. I really wanted those flaming effect sabers for Burning Watchman Sentinel.

Edit: Just reread the post, if its Season 7, season 6's rewards will be available. When Season 8 starts, Season 6's rewards will be gone and tokens will be turned into warzone comms.

To the quote: I hope they don't do that. It is great they are changing things to make rewards more accessible, but the rewards from the past 3 (4?) seasons should stay "special." Not to sound elitist, but those rewards had different requirements compared to what will be a grind fest for most players. It would be pretty insulting to the players who stuck it out back then through FOTM, win trading, and trolls to just make the rewards available to everyone.

Going forward, I can see it being okay for the season it starts with and every season after that because that would become part of the game then.

Edited by JourrnoRush

How about putting that in ASAP since the thought of PVP'ing right now is just painful as the system is. Knowing I am pvping for gear and trying to grind out my Dark Reaver set that could ANY DAY become 10 times easier to get, is just making me not want to pvp at all.

Regarding the Legacy Lockbox:

I'd much rather be able to buy a box with 50 comms, than a box with 99. I'm assuming 100 isn't possible given the stacking limitation of 99, otherwise 100 would be ideal.

Given the base 10 cost for everything, the transfer of 99 at a time is just annoying.

1. Resolve kicks in after 2 AoE stun, that should buy you 15-31 seconds. If they all stack up for that long and you didn't obliterate them with AoE then you not gona win anyway.
  2. Juggs need to charge for the immunity and it only lasts 4sec so it's impossible for that to work.
  3. As for the assassins unless there are 4+ of them you can single them out and interrupt 1 by 1. Failing that you can still use AoE pushback, which isn't affected by Dark Stability iirc, and Shroud doesn't last long enough.

It only takes 4 seconds to defuse in Voidstar last I checked.