nerf underlurker in story mode already

I completely agree. It seems like the PvE community in this game got spoiled by the amount of pure carry in the 16man bolstered groupfinder. Back in my day (pre 2.0) SM TFB was challenging content! Nobody complained it was too challenging - it was meant to be difficult for inexperienced groups since it was the newest op at the time. I remember some groups couldn't beat the enrage timer on the final boss until the temporary bug that made the hypergate irregularities not spawn.

Yea I started this game on bastion and doing df dp sm pugs there was brutal. Most ended either at the weekly or before brontes/council (if they even got that far). Final boss wipes on tfb happened here and there. SNV city was always super grouped. Transferred to JC eventually and it was night and day difference.

I think this fight would be a walk in the park if only people could pull their weight and DPS harder. If adds died faster, even people who have problems with trying to keep track of several mechanics at the same time would have a lot less to worry about. But unfortunately, the kind of player who doesn't bring enough damage to this fight is often the kind of player who gets easily overwhelmed by mechanics anyway. :tran_frown:

Sadly no game ( that I have played) has had a company made dps parser. Its all 3rd party player creation. Yet the devs make dps checks on fights and without that parse your going at it blind. Personal quests and landscape npcs hardly give you a bearing on how good or not so good you do.

Because of the engine and how smooth*cough* this game runs.. a VERY bare bones dps visual that could be turned on in a persons UI set up would be nice. By bare bones I mean a box that shows nothing other than DPS:XXXX would do wonders to help people improve or show them that an improvement is needed.

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you think it is perfectly normal to have one boss as a PUG blocker that is not the same difficulty as all other bosses, not even Revan?

I would rather like a equal difficulty on all SM bosses for a good time then to have one boss standing out like Underlurker does.

Lol.. Id say that people got used to being carried.. Cant ppl pull 2.5 after 3.0 thats the weird thing mate.. Also for truths sake that fight is infact hardware demandong (graphics) but still

Also for truths sake that fight is infact hardware demandong (graphics) but still

Yes the fight requires a good computer and a stable connection. It is no use to lag or get a low FPS suddenly when the cross or the rocks appears.

I would actually guess that this fight would be much more doable if they considered that not all have the latest hardware, it is a thought.

Edited by Icestar

Yes the fight requires a good computer and a stable connection. It is no use to lag or get a low FPS suddenly when the cross or the rocks appears.

I would actually guess that this fight would be much more doable if they considered that not all have the latest hardware, it is a thought.

Hahahaha

This jokes lol

Bring the hardware, not the player

Awesome

I'm an APAC player and 235ms latency is a super-happy day and I manage just fine to not get hit by rocks and find my place in the cross.

This game may not have the best netcode but it ain't that bad.

I completely agree. It seems like the PvE community in this game got spoiled by the amount of pure carry in the 16man bolstered groupfinder. Back in my day (pre 2.0) SM TFB was challenging content! Nobody complained it was too challenging - it was meant to be difficult for inexperienced groups since it was the newest op at the time. I remember some groups couldn't beat the enrage timer on the final boss until the temporary bug that made the hypergate irregularities not spawn.

Lol brings back memories. Pug tfb sm, we get to operator 9 and the fight is explained in detail down to clicking on your console when it's your color. We get to the yellow time period and a sentinel is supposed to be clicking the console. He gets rescued to it and everyone is typing in ops chat that he needs to click, can you guess the result we get from the sentinel now standing next to the console?

Force smash!

Also in response to the post you quoted. I just want bioware to develop operations content. If a super easy tactical mode gets an additional 10% of the playerbase to join and try it out, it's more financially viable to create new content including the more difficult content.

Instead we have people unable to clear the easiest mode and a game shift to single player RPG content.

I'm an APAC player and 235ms latency is a super-happy day and I manage just fine to not get hit by rocks and find my place in the cross.

No one implied its the cause just that it might a factor for some.

Also in response to the post you quoted. I just want bioware to develop operations content. If a super easy tactical mode gets an additional 10% of the playerbase to join and try it out, it's more financially viable to create new content including the more difficult content.

Instead we have people unable to clear the easiest mode and a game shift to single player RPG content, with a monthly fee

sorry bro, fixed it for you.

also, your machine can suck, but if you have 2 seconds before rage storm or 10 things are going to be different.

also it's l2p healers if they can't sustain some damage during rage storm which in sm is frankly not so bad..

Yes, a stable connection seems to work out fine even with higher latency but it does extend the time between the servers signals and your client reactions.

fight is still ridiculously overtuned for story mode

it basically needs 50% nerf to cross and add's damage to be compared to another story mode fights

funny thing, it's probably the easiest boss in hardmode even easier for healers than malaphar

that just shows lazy development, nothing more

bioware fix it already, you are losing many of your noob players because of this

as they are absolute majority, developers should take it more seriously.

Edited by onegoldpls

Lol if you think anything is easier than either malaphar or sparky.

underlurker is literally the same thing in hardmode and in storymode if you just follow storymode tactic and pull a bit more dps

everything is easy in swtor even current hms and old nims

fights could be just annoying because of bad engine, but they are never challenging even as mid tier warcraft raids

but its last expansion is so bad that I have to prefer a lazy swtor

Edited by onegoldpls

underlurker is literally the same thing in hardmode and in storymode if you just follow storymode tactic and pull a bit more dps

everything is easy in swtor even current hms and old nims

fights could be just annoying because of bad engine, but they are never challenging even as mid tier warcraft raids

but its last expansion is so bad that I have to prefer a lazy swtor

Ofcourse it's easy. Most bosses has been nerfed a LOT since release (bulo,squadron,torque,revan) and now there is mh204.

Better not talk about the nerf of old NiMs they didnt have enough by just overgearing and overleveling them they had to remove the nightmare buff too!

Do not worry tho, they have incredible new exciting bw history and old content getting scaled so peps can replay it again and again!

Edited by Dark_Mithrandir

Wait till they scale EC up. U will stop complaining about Lurker.

And ppl who cant pass Lurker just dont deserve to. Their place is in tactical fp tier. Sorry but if u cant pull 2.5k dps and follow 3 mechanics, dont stay in red, stay in green, recognize left hand from right......

Ofcourse it's easy. Most bosses has been nerfed a LOT since release (bulo,squadron,torque,revan) and now there is mh204.

Better not talk about the nerf of old NiMs they didnt have enough by just overgearing and overleveling them they had to remove the nightmare buff too!

Do not worry tho, they have incredible new exciting bw history and old content getting scaled so peps can replay it again and again!

I mean old hardmodes and nim's when they were actual content. Nightmare was never a challenging mode, it was just annoying as hell.

Wait till they scale EC up. U will stop complaining about Lurker.

And ppl who cant pass Lurker just dont deserve to. Their place is in tactical fp tier. Sorry but if u cant pull 2.5k dps and follow 3 mechanics, dont stay in red, stay in green, recognize left hand from right......

EC story mode was a joke in those days compared to underlurker now.

Edited by onegoldpls

You never specified so I took it to mean any boss. Wait, Pylons too stronk on EV. ;)

Yeah but one person that can't remember to click left vs. right and you get the two Acklay spawn it was almost always a wipe.

Left vs. right...I feel like I've heard this problem before.

Yeah but one person that can't remember to click left vs. right

Sounds like the Underlurker problem where players run to the left arm when they are supposed to be on the right.

History tends to repeat itself :tran_grin:

Edited by Icestar

Sounds like the Underlurker problem where players run to the left arm when they are supposed to be on the right.

History tends to repeat itself :tran_grin:

We have a trend! Fights that require understanding of left/right are too difficult!

I propose a nerf to this overpowered mechanic. Players should be color coded so they know where to stand. I mean, that worked great for Operator IX pugs, right? :rolleyes: