nerf underlurker in story mode already

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

99% of players don't visit forums at all, so your entire message is incorrect.

Actually, YOUR entire message spanning across this thread and into others is incorrect and frankly so back and forth that I don't think you even know what your position is. You plainly don't understand far far too many things, and until you can gain any actual knowledge outside of pure conjecture you will not be taken seriously. I want to leave you with this fine nugget that you so gracefully put in another thread:

The boss is absolutely fine and the damage is fine. Use personal defensive cooldowns to negate damage, sorcs shields, sniper volley, powertech must have for hm group(or your republic analogues). 61k damage can easily be negated by using just two things I mentioned. Spread cooldowns for every cross. If you can't do it, then you need improve skill of your group to do hardmodes.

So....you good sir or madam are a true troll. I commend you on your mission. I wish you god speed.

Edited by Shwarzchild

99% of players don't visit forums at all, so your entire message is incorrect.

Most people in game have said it is fine and that it's a L2P issue. If you don't want any challenge run a Solo FP with Jesus Bot.

I PuG'd it last night and smash through with ease. It's fine anymore and I will be able to 3 man it :rak_03:

Also, 5/10 you got to 33 pages.

Edited by FerkWork

While by no means required for leveling to L60, not playing Flashpoints and Operations means missing out a lot of interesting content in general in this game. It is a good value added.

Specifically for Ravagers and ToS:

Yavin Dailies and Solo Revan are among the worst parts of the game in terms of immersion. It sends your highly accomplished character on a fool’s errand. It’s an extremely boring sequence.

Ravagers is a great short story with amusing, compelling characters, basically a highlight of Rishi experience. If you don’t watch the cutscenes at least a couple of times, you are doing yourself a disservice. I know, the raid won’t appreciate it, but oh, well, maybe one cutscene each time you do it. :)

ToS fits better with the Yavin story than the Dailies imo, making for a far grander finale if you can finish it. The fights in ToS are quite interesting; watching debuffs and positioning on the first one; positioning and the kill conditions on the second one; keeping the tight formation and coordinating in the third; multiple bosses in the fourth; dealing with those bursts of damage in the last fight….

All and all, with my next L60 characters, I’d prefer to do ToS as the conclusion of the story rather than the Dailies/Enemy Within. That's why I am trying so hard to get to that competency point BioWARE expects you to have for the Ops. :o

ToS doesn't really replace much of anything within the Yavin Story line.

I chose to run the Ops at the table rather than solo mode and it replace the 5 commanders you had to kill. Still have to run the solo Revan fight.

Underlurker fine? Oh Hell no it's not.

All you wonderful leet people should try looking beyond your circles and take a look at the casual raiders. Do a /who for ravagers and temple sometime and see how many people are actually doing the raids. On jedi covenant at least when ravagers is in gf, /who will show 100+ people doing the op during prime time. ToS will have 16-24. The next night when ToS is in gf there will be around 64 in ToS. Ravagers will still have about 16-32. When neither is in gf, ToS has 0-16, ravagers around 16-32.

I would say between 2-3 times as many people run ravagers than do ToS. In addition, by sorting by guild names, you can see that ravagers will sometimes have pure pugs while ToS will be guild runs with one or two non-guildies in it.

As for me, I have not managed to beat Underlurker. I also never will. I will not waste another minute on this piece of crap boss. I'm a casual raider and I used to do 4-6 ops a week. The past three months I've done 5. If I weren't on a six month plan I would have left already. Please, go ahead and flame me for how bad I am and how good you are compared to me. I really don't give a damn. But take a look at how many people are doing the content and tell me what's so special about this one boss that it has to block the casuals.

Actually, YOUR entire message spanning across this thread and into others is incorrect and frankly so back and forth that I don't think you even know what your position is. You plainly don't understand far far too many things, and until you can gain any actual knowledge outside of pure conjecture you will not be taken seriously. I want to leave you with this fine nugget that you so gracefully put in another thread:

So....you good sir or madam are a true troll. I commend you on your mission. I wish you god speed.

I'm talking about story mode for noob pug community which is totally unbalanced and unfair. You simply can't read as 90% of posters. My personal progression with stable group is 5/10 hms if you want to know and we are improving very fast.

Edited by onegoldpls

As for me, I have not managed to beat Underlurker. I also never will. I will not waste another minute on this piece of crap boss. I'm a casual raider and I used to do 4-6 ops a week. The past three months I've done 5. If I weren't on a six month plan I would have left already. Please, go ahead and flame me for how bad I am and how good you are compared to me. I really don't give a damn. But take a look at how many people are doing the content and tell me what's so special about this one boss that it has to block the casuals.

If you want the experience of beating it, I'll carry you through it since I'm on JC as well, no joke, I'll seriously do it.

Are you sure it's me not being able to read or you not being able to form coherent thoughts? I also don't believe you at all when you say you're 5/10.

Screen shot your achievements or you're lying again.

I simply don't care if such an ignorant fail-to-read person like you believes me or not. Why should I bring screenshots or proofs to anyone who fails to read the first post of the thread.

Edited by onegoldpls

All you wonderful leet people should try looking beyond your circles and take a look at the casual raiders. Do a /who for ravagers and temple sometime and see how many people are actually doing the raids. On jedi covenant at least when ravagers is in gf, /who will show 100+ people doing the op during prime time. ToS will have 16-24. The next night when ToS is in gf there will be around 64 in ToS. Ravagers will still have about 16-32. When neither is in gf, ToS has 0-16, ravagers around 16-32.

I would say between 2-3 times as many people run ravagers than do ToS. In addition, by sorting by guild names, you can see that ravagers will sometimes have pure pugs while ToS will be guild runs with one or two non-guildies in it.

This is interesting. I've never tried to /who it. I'm not sure if that's really accurate to show us how many people clear it. But, regardless those are interesting numbers that certainly give a glimpse to participation. I'd say it's not really that shocking that Ravagers is more popular though. Is 8 groups for ToS during the prime time a solid number? Probably? Probably not? I'm not sure how to judge it to be honest since the context isn't all that specific. Definitely interesting numbers, We need BW's take on it to truly know what's what, and we don't so none of us can really say anything definitively outside of the fact that Onegold doesn't know what he or she is talking about.

Also why have you only done 5 total ops in 3 months? I'm not trying to flame you at all, I'm just curious. I'm guessing that the casual raider such as yourself would have a ball running Ravagers, and even if you/ they are running ToS at all, they're getting through the first two bosses. Were you just talking about ToS attempts? 5 seems low for someone who says they enjoy raiding which just piques my curiosity.

Typically, UL is not special. I agree that he's the toughest story mode boss out there, and anyone who wants to ask why is the hardest in the middle of an operation is justified in doing so. When you attempt that boss what generally kills you? Sometimes it's just having a second pair of eyes handy to identify the small thing that you may be doing that ends up hurting you.

I simply don't care if such an ignorant fail-to-read person like you believes me or not. Why should I bring screenshots or proofs to anyone who fails to read the first post of the thread.

because you've shown over and over again that you have zero idea of what you're talking about. nobody takes a person who has shown as little understanding, or someone who can't even keep their argument on the same side of the track, seriously. It's just not possible. I mean I enjoy making things up too, but I don't expect people to believe me when I try to work them into a discussion. I'd posit nobody in this thread or even within these forums believes the words you type. I don't even believe you're playing the same game as all of us.

Edited by Shwarzchild

ToS doesn't really replace much of anything within the Yavin Story line.

That's interesting, thank you!

For running the Op, maybe yesterday was not the best day, but after checking the Fleet about every 20-30 minutes between 3 and 8 pm (shut down time) I was unable to find a pug on the Republic side, on the Harbinger.

My personal history with it is:

June 22nd, 2015: Could not find a Pug on Pub Side

June 16th: Guild run, no issues

June 10th, 2015: Random Pug assembled on the Fleet. Op Leader didn’t ask for achievement, 3 people w/o achievement. Shadow Tank, PT off-tank. Couldn’t pass Underlurker with 6 or 7 wipes. Best green cross count: 2/3. Leader’s comment: DPS too low to take out adds on time.

Sometime in March 2015: A friend stuck me into his guild run on a whim. Many wipes before they managed to drag me through it. I was totally clueless, and have never done an op before. ANY op. Their DPS sorc pulled me into the cross.

Edited by DomiSotto

Don't worry most of players are just like you and do exactly the same thing as you do. I do opses with a lot of pugs and I see how much people are raging+alt+f4 on underlurker. I wouldn't be surprised that many of them instantly cancel subscription and uninstall the game.

It's just an ignorant forum community. Someone will probably say that you are my different account which is used to support this thread.

Edited by onegoldpls

That's interesting, thank you!

For running the Op, maybe yesterday was not the best day, but after checking the Fleet about every 20-30 minutes between 3 and 8 pm (shut down time) I was unable to find a pug on the Republic side, on the Harbinger.

Need to take into account that it was close to weekly reset. People were likely locked an all toons, you won't see much group going during that time. Prime time is after weekly reset, or when ToS is in GF.

ToS was on the GF yesterday, that is why I was looking for it.

Ah yeah, my bad. It was the second time that ToS was in GF in the same week, people must've gotten their toons locked the first time around. At least that's what happened to me, I was locked on all six toons.

As someone who is also on JC, I would carry you as well.

But only if I get to respec to Madness :)

Ah yeah, my bad. It was the second time that ToS was in GF in the same week, people must've gotten their toons locked the first time around. At least that's what happened to me, I was locked on all six toons.

I don't understand the lockouts well, but next time I will try to do it the first day after it resets on both toons. Lockouts is a complication that PvE really suffers from in my limited experience. The GF already prioritizes an Operation du jour, the lockout seems to be an unnecessary gate with the limited amount of willing participants. But that's not specific to the UL.

^^^^ This.

Because there's only six operations and they change daily, Monday's is always going to be a repeat of Tuesday's. Going to be hardest to find a PUG group then.

If you want the experience of beating it, I'll carry you through it since I'm on JC as well, no joke, I'll seriously do it.

As someone who is also on JC, I would carry you as well.

But only if I get to respec to Madness :)

I don't tend to play Imp side, but I have a couple toons I could run it on and I've been clearing it regularly during my Guild runs Pub side. Heck, if a time could be found for everyone, let's put together a JC forum group. :p

Edited by AlixMV

Because there's only six operations and they change daily, Monday's is always going to be a repeat of Tuesday's. Going to be hardest to find a PUG group then.

Well, to my inexperienced eye, that would be great to do it on multiple toons, but I am simply unused to people running Operations so many times. For me each one is a huge event I have to prepare, psyche for, and then sit on the Fleet for ages to find a pug. You, guys manage to pull 6 of them a day, I just don't know what to say..... well, holy cow, but frankly, yes, this is simply unimaginable for me.

Well, to my inexperienced eye, that would be great to do it on multiple toons, but I am simply unused to people running Operations so many times. For me each one is a huge event I have to prepare, psyche for, and then sit on the Fleet for ages to find a pug. You, guys manage to pull 6 of them a day, I just don't know what to say..... well, holy cow, but frankly, yes, this is simply unimaginable for me.

I think you missed the point...

The fact that Monday's is always a repeat of Tuesday's would mean the people more likely to be running it on Monday would be people with multiple toons. If having many alts was the great thing you seem to be railing against, you'd be more likely to find a group to run with on Mondays.

But, then there is the reality, which is that many people go out on Tuesday since it's the first day after reset and run through the Op and then oh hey, look, they're locked out for the rest of the week. Which means when it comes back up on Monday, they can't run it.

How you choose to play the game is your choice, and if you don't choose to try to run the Op through Group Finder until Monday, then that's your choice. I was simply pointing out why it is you might find it more difficult that night. :rolleyes:

Edited by AlixMV

Madness? Eww, I was just going to go marksman for an easy carry :)

Is marksman good on ul? I have only ever dpsed it with my sent as every run the imp guild does is either HM or filled up within 2 minutes of it appearing on website, so I have never brought any imps to it.

I must say I do like shadow-tanking it though, then again I like shadow tanking everything with the whole 3.0 thing of abilities glowing yellow when they proc, it makes shadow tanking a snooze-fest.