nerf underlurker in story mode already

Is marksman good on ul? I have only ever dpsed it with my sent as every run the imp guild does is either HM or filled up within 2 minutes of it appearing on website, so I have never brought any imps to it.

I must say I do like shadow-tanking it though, then again I like shadow tanking everything with the whole 3.0 thing of abilities glowing yellow when they proc, it makes shadow tanking a snooze-fest.

Marksman is one of the best specs on underlurker, utility wise you have the extra movement speed because of entrench after roll. Damage wise, if the tank positions underlurker between 2 adds, you can suppresive fire 2 adds plus the boss at the same time, which is massive damage, and you can sustain that for the entire add period because of sniper volley and the increased energy regeneration, and you can push energy even further during add phase because there is downtime while behind the rocks. It is one of the highest parsing specs on that fight, the only other current spec higher is advanced prototype powertechs (pre-nerf lighting is still above it but that doesn't count anymore as it isn't current)

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't tend to play Imp side, but I have a couple toons I could run it on and I've been clearing it regularly during my Guild runs Pub side. Heck, if a time could be found for everyone, let's put together a JC forum group. :p

I have a pub toon as well that i could run it with you.

I have a pub toon as well that i could run it with you.

Haha, wasn't me who said they were on JC and would never get through it; I was just tossing my name in with you and FerkWork offering to carry the person who did. :)

Haha, wasn't me who said they were on JC and would never get through it; I was just tossing my name in with you and FerkWork offering to carry the person who did. :)

sorry about that lol, i'm already starting to get tired.

So hm is too hard for you while sm is too easy? You don't make any sense. You want a challenge, so do hardmode ops and leave sm.

why you read only what you care..i need sm for alts and i don't want to sleep through it

The fact that Monday's is always a repeat of Tuesday's would mean the people more likely to be running it on Monday would be people with multiple toons. If having many alts was the great thing you seem to be railing against, you'd be more likely to find a group to run with on Mondays.

I am not rallying against anything ever. I am trying to figure out a way to play through it. I have tough time finding the pugs, so I am not sure if I am doing the wrong time or wrong days. I just thought if it is on the GF + prime time, I would find a pug. But, I guess, this only works when it is the first time during the week when it is on the GF. I will factor it in next time around and try to get enough time for 2 characters on the same day unless already locked out.

Edited by DomiSotto

Madness? Eww, I was just going to go marksman for an easy carry :)

In HM, One day I will get good and pull off a sweet dot spread on that fight. On Madness haven't broken 4k on DPS with Madness in there

As for AP, Holy crap our PT in our group gets like 4.6-4.8k that fight. #toostronk

Edited by FerkWork

In HM, One day I will get good and pull off a sweet dot spread on that fight. On Madness haven't broken 4k on DPS with Madness in there

As for AP, Holy crap our PT in our group gets like 4.6-4.8k that fight. #toostronk

Damn Close and Personal. :D You get like 400 dps just by being a part of the fight.

I think the highest for pt's is around 5.6k or something like that, I've gotten close on my sniper but I can't possibly imagine pushing out more dps, I pushed everything I could to the limit but can't get there.

switched servers yesterday. Ran a ToS pug. Wiped on UL...9 times before clearing (it was a bit rough but I won't bail on a group that's motivated). Gear wise we had people in set bonus gear, and some in a mix of 192/ 190 comm gear and no voice comms. So in my mind, UL is hard as he should be (we can debate all day about why the hardest boss is smack in the middle of an op which I'd probably agree that it's a weird choice, and if they changed the weekly to say beat UL and you win I'd be fine with it). All it takes is a motivated group to clear him which is what I would hope to expect from any group that tries operations.

switched servers yesterday. Ran a ToS pug. Wiped on UL...9 times before clearing (it was a bit rough but I won't bail on a group that's motivated). Gear wise we had people in set bonus gear, and some in a mix of 192/ 190 comm gear and no voice comms. So in my mind, UL is hard as he should be (we can debate all day about why the hardest boss is smack in the middle of an op which I'd probably agree that it's a weird choice, and if they changed the weekly to say beat UL and you win I'd be fine with it). All it takes is a motivated group to clear him which is what I would hope to expect from any group that tries operations.

You got lucky because no one in your group rage quited and your group hasn't simply disbanded, and you haven't got lockout without any chance to finish the weekly this week. Try your luck with more pug groups.

Edited by onegoldpls

I think the highest for pt's is around 5.6k or something like that, I've gotten close on my sniper but I can't possibly imagine pushing out more dps, I pushed everything I could to the limit but can't get there.

Post nerf on Lightening I usually get 4.2-4.4 depending on how many gcds I use during rockstorm (sometimes I'm lazy)

But yeah, Probable some godlike crits maybe. I assume that is with a 204?

Loak still has 192 but seeing Friday I'm hoping we can beat a aim one out of that sucker.

Post nerf on Lightening I usually get 4.2-4.4 depending on how many gcds I use during rockstorm (sometimes I'm lazy)

But yeah, Probable some godlike crits maybe. I assume that is with a 204?

Loak still has 192 but seeing Friday I'm hoping we can beat a aim one out of that sucker.

Yeah, that is with a 204 mainhand, on average I think I get a bit over 5k in marksman. And if your group is just trying to get aim mainhands, you can have everyone that isn't an aim user run out just before you kill it to guarantee an aim mainhand if you aren't already doing that.

The boss is not overtuned, it's buggy.

If they made it so client-server issues stopped happening on the cross, then pugs would clear it a lot more.

I shouldn't have to tell players to jump in the air so the server registers their actual position.

They should be able to just run to their spot and not have to hope that their datapacket is processed in time.

The boss is not overtuned, it's buggy.

If they made it so client-server issues stopped happening on the cross, then pugs would clear it a lot more.

I shouldn't have to tell players to jump in the air so the server registers their actual position.

They should be able to just run to their spot and not have to hope that their datapacket is processed in time.

That is the case with every boss that has AoE's in the game. It doesnt make Underlurker special in any way. The only bug I'm willing to admit exists (for both SM and HM) is getting killed by rocks that are already on the ground. Everything else can always be chalked up to user error. Is he overtuned, though? A bit.

You got lucky because no one in your group rage quited and your group hasn't simply disbanded, and you haven't got lockout without any chance to finish the weekly this week. Try your luck with more pug groups.

So PuG's can't kill it after some wipes, but if they can it's just luck?? Not, oh idk ppl correcting mistakes perhaps?:rak_02:

I pugged it myself twice Sunday night thru gf, one toon I hadn't touched in over a month so I made a couple mistakes as did others but was still a one shot all the way. Second group I had just lvl'd a juggernaut dps so was in garbage gear and one person was full arkanian apparently he just came back and got to 60, told him to follow the person we marked one shot everything again. And no VOIP btw just short explanation in chat, UL would be killed more if ppl were a little more patient a lot to ask I know or at the very least take 10-15 seconds to type in chat what the plan is

I saw so many teams searching for more members last night. "Looking for more members from Underlurker, send achievement" was very common meaning that some had already whiped on Underlurker and was trying to get new members.

I do not know if they can do something with Underlurker until the expansion but in reality this boss really is the one players struggle with.

Edited by Icestar

I saw so many teams searching for more members last night. "Looking for more members from Underlurker, send achievement" was very common meaning that some had already whiped on Underlurker and was trying to get new members.

I do not know if they can do something with Underlurker until the expansion but in reality this boss really is the one players struggle with.

Because people overthink this fight. They pee their pants thinking its some big bad fight when in reality it's a simple mechanics check (stand in spot pop a dcd). Use rebound and you can just ignore the mechanic. And rage storm, pop your basic dcd and keep firing away no need to hide. On my Pt in comm gear 186 with a 186 barrel and blue augs I hit 3.7 on this fight. It enrages when people can't break 2k on a fight :/

Because people overthink this fight.

Nah, if they were overthinking this fight the problem would only last a few months now we are talking a long time.

It is better to admit that this boss simply is not tuned like the other bosses, both with mechanics that bug out and with a difficulty that the general playerbase struggle with.

If they ever create new ops I hope they stay away from mechanics that the engine can not handle, like the cross for example.

Story mode is supposed to be a good time for everyone that have the minimum gear, but with this boss it is not.

Edited by Icestar

Because people overthink this fight. They pee their pants thinking its some big bad fight when in reality it's a simple mechanics check (stand in spot pop a dcd). Use rebound and you can just ignore the mechanic. And rage storm, pop your basic dcd and keep firing away no need to hide. On my Pt in comm gear 186 with a 186 barrel and blue augs I hit 3.7 on this fight. It enrages when people can't break 2k on a fight :/

I was amazed to have a few hm hopefuls that "knew how to dps on their class" and wanted to run only to be out dps'd by my immortal jug. At the same time doing sm 3 times a week before most of the nerfs and getting pugs that were wearing tank gear on a dps, matrix cubes, 162 relics, wrong stat entirely( will on a merc anybody?). Got tired of the whole terrible relic thing and stocked my 3 guys with blues to hand out since they had no value on the gtn but would make a huge difference over what I kept seeing people using -.-

surprised that "casuals" are having a hard time with UL? no

is UL to hard at the moment? no

is the cross still annoying? yep

Edited by Lightning_xv

Sadly using the aoe reflect isn't always enough as I found out pugging as the fake tank using the aoe reflect on cross.

My group on Sunday was so bad, at least two players not only couldn't remember which side they needed to be on, they couldn't seem to get into the cross or near the boss at all (there were seriously running around the room like chickens with their heads cut off). They also tended to stand in rocks and die while adds took forever to die.

On the third try I whispered the one healer who kept doing the mechanic right not to rezz the two idiots (one of whom was the other healer and had died twice in each attempt previously), and we beat UL right at enrage with four people stlll alive.

Edited by DawnAskham

Nah, if they were overthinking this fight the problem would only last a few months now we are talking a long time.

It is better to admit that this boss simply is not tuned like the other bosses, both with mechanics that bug out and with a difficulty that the general playerbase struggle with.

If they ever create new ops I hope they stay away from mechanics that the engine can not handle, like the cross for example.

Story mode is supposed to be a good time for everyone that have the minimum gear, but with this boss it is not.

I agree with him actually some ppl probably overthink this fight, thinking of the problems they may have had before the adds were nerfed to pretty much those massasi trash on the way....oh wait lurkerlings die faster than those now when ppl pay attention. And a sniper can just entrench the rage storm+knockback no need for the rock. Ppl also seem seem to forget when to stop killing adds and just burn the boss.

I agree with him actually some ppl probably overthink this fight

I can agree with that some players probably do that but not all. The ones that gets to do this op has already done it before. I have never seen a groupfinder ToS pop, all ToS PUG ops are formed in fleet with the achievement.

Anyway time will tell if they do something with Underlurker, but the fact remains that next week we will see the "Looking for more, from Underlurker" posts over and over again :tran_wink:

Edited by Icestar