Females never given flirt options?

PhoenixDream

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, i always thought it was the guys always flirting and trying to get into the women's pants, i guess its not true at all. eh? lol

Seriously though, i have leveled up female and male characters and i have seen alot of flirt options as a Jedi Knight, i just haven't explored them, since i ma playing a pure lightside Jedi.

Same here I am playing as a female Jedi Knight (still low lvl mind you) but have ran across quite a few flirting/romance oportunities since leaving Tython I just havent explored them yet and I know that BioWare does have romancable characters for both the male and Female versions of each class you just have to be willing to look hard enough for them. Personally I dont mind I am going to play as every class as both genders simply to see the diffences there are in the game.

Edited by Kyriosgundam

Same here I am playing as a female Jedi Knight (still low lvl mind you) but have ran across quite a few flirting/romance oportunities since leaving Tython I just havent explored them yet and I know that BioWare does have romancable characters for both the male and Female versions of each class you just have to be willing to look hard enough for them. Personally I dont mind I am going to play as every class as both genders simply to see the diffences there are in the game.

Ugh, don't think I'd be able to go through 16 characters....

And my impression is, coming from a smuggler, that the difference is minimal. Why? Because compared to the smuggler (and male IA), its all practically nothing anyway =P

I have done all quests. I'm only lvl 25 now, though. But then on the other hand it also depends on your playstyle. Mine is quite straightforward "less talk, more action" and I have only seen one flirt option thus far. But in any case I was expecting a lot more for an IA.

my male agent operative has flirt in about 50% of all convos it seems while my female sniper has almost never had any flirt option, so my new alt smuggler will be male, cant have a smuggler who almost doesnt flirt hehe

It's not just you guys. My lvl 18 MALE assassin has had 1 flirt option in the whole game. All the romances in general are pretty shallow and stupid IMO anyway from what I've heard.

*** are you inquisitors talking about IS NOT 1 IS 2 :(

the one redhead chick at the start

and that one guard girl whos like go get that guys body

2 FLIRTS

My female bounty hunter had a good romp with an Imperial Commander, after finishing some quests on Nar Shaddaa thanks to some flirting by her before and after the quest. Totally random and unexpected. It was like Mass Effect except the screen was blank so no scene was shown.

I wish this game was M for mature like BioWare's other titles...

my male agent operative has flirt in about 50% of all convos it seems while my female sniper has almost never had any flirt option, so my new alt smuggler will be male, cant have a smuggler who almost doesnt flirt hehe

If you look at the list of one night stands someone compiled, the female has slightly less than the male, but still trounces every other class.

As a female sith marauder lvl 41, i've progressed through all the pve quests that have passed my way allready. Up until this point i've been able to flirt with 4 different people including 1 girl even.

I know though where the OP's problem comes from. It has nothing to do with gender orso, it's just the fact that you choose JEDI. we all know jedi's can't show emotions because emotions make weak, weak makes angry, angry leads to hatred and hatred leads to the dark side.... reroll now before we convert you! :cool:

I can't help but feel you may be wrong...

Companion wise, yes, you get to flirt. I haven't tried that, myself.

But I know of several times my Consular has been able to flirt through basic missions that aren't class-related. Correct me if I'm wrong, and you're only focusing on Class Story related flirting.

First time I remember seeing it was on Coruscant as an option for the guy who introduces you to the Senator, in the starport. I could also do this on my Knight, and my Trooper.

I also remember at least once or twice in Taris. And again on Alderaan. Possibly Tatooine.

So, you do have options. But again, I can't recall Class Story flirting at this moment.

Edit: Leaving here for entertainment purposes, but I should really check the number of pages on a thread before jumping into a response! =D

Edited by LyraSinclaire

male imperial agents get tons of flirt options. especialy if you go light. you sleep with lord grethans daughter,watcher two a.twilek secretary , baroness cortess,kalyio,temple, and many more, but when your a spy with a British voice I guess your like James bond.

as watcher x says ciphers are masters of assassination infiltration stealth and seduction.

As a female sith marauder lvl 41, i've progressed through all the pve quests that have passed my way allready. Up until this point i've been able to flirt with 4 different people including 1 girl even.

I know though where the OP's problem comes from. It has nothing to do with gender orso, it's just the fact that you choose JEDI. we all know jedi's can't show emotions because emotions make weak, weak makes angry, angry leads to hatred and hatred leads to the dark side.... reroll now before we convert you! :cool:

Yeah ok. You're a lair. They don't have homosexual flirting or romancing in the game yet. Bioware even admitted to that when they said they will most likely add it in the near future.

Edited by ClayPeopleCry

I didn't really notice the gender discrepancy in terms of flirting until I saw this thread and thought about it. It's sad but not surprising that women either got less development attention or are simply being designed around sexist, narrow-minded ideas about gender.

As a gay woman I've been frustrated with feeling like I have to create male versions of my female characters just to experience the story with some romance, yet in doing so I'm forced to play as a male. The alternative is to play a female character and be stuck flirting with boys, and that's just not a pleasant thought.

I love this game and all, I just suspect it's more fun if you're straight. And a guy. And white.

My female smuggler and IA spend so much time flirting, it is a wonder when they find time to get dressed again afterwards before the flirting starts again!

In comparision, the male smuggler and IA get relatively few flirt options that I have seen.

Comparing that to my Jedi Sage, who has flirted 3 or 4 times up to level 16, she seems to get fewer flirt options than the male Sith Inquisitor I play.

I do seem to recall that some of the flirt options were buried in a chat dialog tree, so you might have to select a specific pre-requisite answer for the flirt options to come up.

Ok, I'm not going to argue one way or another but let's dispense with the anecdotes and work with the facts.

I have a 50 sith warrior he has two romancable companions and throughout the entire story he slept with two (non-companion) women. One of which was in a companion quest. The other was lachris which everyone gets to sleep with. So that's four total. All the way to fifty.

I have played assassin all the way to 42 and he got to sleep with three woman and one of those women he did twice.

I have a 50 jk sentinel and he has also done four women total. One was the nar shadaa bonus series which every male gets. All the way to fifty.

So four is the max, counting companions from what I have seen.

Now I don't know this for certain but I believe female Jedi consular is one of the few to get two romance options from your companions. Note that you are far better off than your male counterpart here who won't even get his romance companion till Belsavis. He will have slept with one person by this time. The nar shadaa bonus series lady.

Simply put? It depends on class, but you aren't missing much. If you are looking to sow seeds throughout the galaxy you might have the wrong game. Unless smuggler/ia and troop/bh just have a ton of options. You aren't a victim here, there is no crime. Simply perceived injustice. There is no injustice here though your knowledge was just woefully incomplete.

Edited by Spideyknight

We can speculate all we'd like but I would think a definitive answer would only come from Bioware. If in fact the males characters have more flirtation options than female characters then I would hope that Bioware would acknowledge this mistake and be aware of that issue in the future (especially with the growing diversity of players).

That said, I think Bioware has been extremely pro-feminist and pro-gay/lesbian/bi relative to other game makers. I believe the female/female relationship in KOTOR (or was it KOTOR2?) was actually the first serious same-sex relationship in a game that was done in a serious and mature manner.

Personally, if Bioware slipped a bit with SWTOR in this area I'd give them the benefit of the doubt and guess that it was an oversight and not developers simply being chauvinistic.

I play both male and female Darkside characters and there is a huge discrepancy at present. Personally I am awaiting the same sex options so my female character can finally find love or a pixel romance, whatever.

The options I've had to flirt on a female Sith Inquistor so far have included one companion, 3 random world npcs, 1 of which was old and fat, the rest rather boring characters that were forgettable. I couldn't possibly see any female actually wanting to flirt with the choices given. So while Darkside may have more options, they certainly don't have attractive ones. That one Sith inquisitor flirt option being the closest thing that came.. if only..

He didn't die before you got the chance to know him well enough to decide if you wanted to sleep with him. It went from "Getting to know you, to <all options go to bed> or you shun him and he dies. *** is that? :( I was just starting to see the Sith as a possible solution for my characters pixel romance and then you killed him.. If I had a wealth of other choices along my journey that were interesting losing the one possibly interesting character wouldn't have been so bad. But as it is.. I can see most women getting upset by this when presented with it.

It sounds like other female IA's get more flirt options than I have seen. Maybe it has to do with the conversational choices?

I have to admit my IA is kind of a jerk. She's very cold and very dark. Her priorities are: Kill ****. The Empire. Credits. Wishing she could bang Kaliyo. :p

I don't think she has given anyone but the one guy an opening to flirt, and then she killed him! Maybe that is why everyone else is scared to try. Blix is an Ice Queen. xD