Females never given flirt options?

PhoenixDream

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

with exception to my IA, there is a significantly lack of flirting for most all classes for women, and with exception to the SW, we only get one romance option, I understand and realize that the woman population in the world of mmo gaming is lower to that of the male population, but given that about 30% (i think it's a LOT MORE than that) are women.. that's still a LOT of women. It's kind of sad that women gamers are viewed as liking the cooking/ cutesy type games.. heck I tried Hello Kitty Online.. BOOOOOORING.. I mean come on.. there is still sexism alive and well in the gaming world. Even a strong woman type (Trooper/BH) should be allowed to have some fun. I remember reading a fantasy story in the Chicks in Chain Mail anthology series where there was a woman soldier, while her male counterparts were able to go to brothels to relieve some steam.. she was stuck.. having to amuse herself. I'm just appalled at the lack of flirting the Smuggler as a woman has.. I mean Corso alludes to us getting hit on left and right.. but we get like.. what.. 3 -5 choices? There's him, darmas, a sith lord on tattooine... oh and MAJOR SPOILER here the option to have a bit of fun with skavak.. but.. between starter planet and alderaan.. that's like.. barely ANYTHING compared to what the boys get. We can kick butt, take names, carry weapons the same size of us, but we can't play with the boys? Yet our male counterparts get to have all the fun? COME ON.. where's the equality in this?

Well really no matter what decisions they make about anything, someone is always going to be unhappy. You can't please everyone.

I support more romance options for female characters. Being in control of your sexuality does not make you an object. Some people even see it as empowering.

And if people don't like it, they can choose from the many existing frigid options.

I agree, If you can't please everyone, at least treat both sexes equally. Its probably more to do with un-intentional bias of the developers, rather than planned that way.

Hopefully future expansions will take note of this feedback.

Play a Sith female. :) I was sadly disappointed with the flirt options on my republic characters, until I rolled my first Sith. After she has Andronikus all nice and lined up, in her class quest on Alderaan, she starts flirting with the contact's gaurd - in front of Andronikus, and approves! She explains that she'll put him back when he's no longer new and shiny. I'm looking forward to more of these. It seems with the Sith, cheating seems to be a thing.

hm... flirting is rather un-rewarding most of the time ..or rather..the wrong person[npc] at the recieving end so I dont even bother..

But anyway..fem agent seems to get allot of it..

At Nem'Ro the Hutts palace a guy threathens to blackmail you for acting "as the Red Blade", you either shoot him, pay him..or soften him up by flirting and then "jump in the sack with him, which she apperantly regretted woefully afterwards

I'm a female smuggler and had plenty of flirt options,

perhaps it's a class thing.

It's both a class and sex thing as males of one class can flirt WAY more then females of the same class.

It's just BW being either to lazy to do it right or just plain discriminating in their panic to be politically correct.

But anyway..fem agent seems to get allot of it..

No, just slightly more then "usual".

Edited by Korodoch

I play a male Jedi Consular and have only seen one flirt option (I assume the female Consular is the same). I also rolled a female Smuggler and have seen many flirt options (even got to sleep with someone on Coruscant). I assume it is a class thing, but maybe other classes are unfairly balanced when it comes to flirt options. I do know that it is not that way for some classes though (unless the female Consular has literally no flirt options at all and the male smuggler flirts with literally every npc).

I speak for myself but I have flirted plenty as a woman now a days its restricted from work of course to prevent issues and the like but I know plenty of women who flirt as well. I don't think its that hard for someone to hire a writer who understands that there are women out there who know how to use their wiles to get ahead. Even script a quest where they can pretty much defuse a situation just by flirting id love to thrown an npc off that way.

Honestly personal stuff aside it just seems that the old adage that females don't game or that its all a bunch of dudes playing chicks seems to be the reasoning behind lack luster flirt options and what I think is boring choices if your light side I know Jedi's shouldnt fraternize and all but man alive is the consular romance path boring guess thats why I play mine as a nun like character lol.

I speak for myself but I have flirted plenty as a woman now a days its restricted from work of course to prevent issues and the like but I know plenty of women who flirt as well. I don't think its that hard for someone to hire a writer who understands that there are women out there who know how to use their wiles to get ahead. Even script a quest where they can pretty much defuse a situation just by flirting id love to thrown an npc off that way.

I remember one quest like that.

On Hutta, for an IA, there's a guy who tries to blackmail you. You can either attack him, pay him off, or convince him into dropping his threat via seduction.

But that's the only one I know of. I don't know if there are any other quests like that for other classes.

I remember one quest like that.

On Hutta, for an IA, there's a guy who tries to blackmail you. You can either attack him, pay him off, or convince him into dropping his threat via seduction.

But that's the only one I know of. I don't know if there are any other quests like that for other classes.

on nar shadaa

you can "pry" information from a guy with your womanly charms instead of poisoning him, and using the antidote as a bartering tool. what i love is we get LS points for it

i too am a big flirt. but unlike this game, my flirts don't add up to anything usually

Maybe if women would make a more clear form of flirting, then men would know what it actually is.

Seriously. :mad:

When you start understanding, it loses its effect. :jawa_evil:

There are a few NPCs I would have flirted with, had there been an option to.

First Officer Haken - He's the First Officer of the Esseles. Somewhat annoying, but handsome. I was playing a Smuggler and couldn't flirt. That has to be a bug, right?

Lieutenant Rutau - Dutiful Imperial officer at the droid factory on (Imperial) Balmorra. He's injured but insists on staying until the job is done. Too bad you can't flirt with him and insist that he let you 'play nurse'.

Hehe I do admit there are times I want to smack him he can be very womanizing and ugh found out how bad he can be with the ladies on some of his personal quests. But compared to the boring ride my poor sage went on since the companion I wish to romance isn't and option I figured what the hay and its been fun for me so far. To me hes far less creepier then Tharan. For some reason him hitting on me with Holiday right there put me off many times.

I actually really liked the sage romance. I found Iresso was very sweet and thoughtful in his romance conversations, but for me the winning moment was when

he insisted on taking the hit when Gaden-ko was being healed of his sith poison. My sage tried to talk him out of it, but he was tired of seeing her suffer to help others and felt that if the procedure went wrong that he'd rather have it fall on him than on her; she was too important. The whole thing was clearly quite painful, but he endured it because he loved her.

I was fairly sold on him from then on. :o

Edited by Estelindis

Honestly personal stuff aside it just seems that the old adage that females don't game or that its all a bunch of dudes playing chicks seems to be the reasoning behind lack luster flirt options and what I think is boring choices if your light side I know Jedi's shouldnt fraternize and all but man alive is the consular romance path boring guess thats why I play mine as a nun like character lol.

There is one very like that for the female BH. On Taris, before Torian joins you, he pulls his gun (gasp) on you and you (gasp) say something flirty like, "Couldn't wait to see you again." And then he drops his guard and you disarm him. Dumb kid.

Pretty sweet once he joins the crew though.

However, the BH doesn't get near the flirting options I've seen for males, and as for the female IA and the blackmailer--my IA killed him. No way any female I play is going to go for that. After that, all she got was the fellow agent on Balmorra. (She hasn't made it to Alderaan yet though.

I'll have to try out the other classes playing a smuggler now its fun but still flirt options are meh to me.

And Iresso came to late into my sage's life. By the time he joined the crew I was hooked on Zenith :( Man I wish they would make him a romance option.

I know logically that they couldn't make every companion a love interest because of how much extra work it would be. But it also breaks immersion for me big time that my dark twi'lek sage would pick the light side human over a neutral twi'lek. I'm not sure yet if I'll do the romance on that character.

On the other hand, sometimes I wonder if I'm just putting way too much thought into it lol :o

I know logically that they couldn't make every companion a love interest because of how much extra work it would be. But it also breaks immersion for me big time that my dark twi'lek sage would pick the light side human over a neutral twi'lek. I'm not sure yet if I'll do the romance on that character.

On the other hand, sometimes I wonder if I'm just putting way too much thought into it lol :o

Nah your just one of many of us who play alien races who wonder why were stuck with only the human option when we have a handsome Twi' lek male to woo /sigh really wish they had picked him instead of Felix hes just not going to ever win me over the way Zenith has.

I actually really liked the sage romance. I found Iresso was very sweet and thoughtful in his romance conversations, but for me the winning moment was when

he insisted on taking the hit when Gaden-ko was being healed of his sith poison. My sage tried to talk him out of it, but he was tired of seeing her suffer to help others and felt that if the procedure went wrong that he'd rather have it fall on him than on her; she was too important. The whole thing was clearly quite painful, but he endured it because he loved her.

I was fairly sold on him from then on. :o

Wow, guess I should have had him with me then instead of my ever present healer Cedrax. The genius of the galaxy, and he wouldn't take the hit. I should have just kept escaping the conversation until I found a companion that would do it.