Bioware, Let's make a deal on Rodians

Bluerodian

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guy wants a Rodian, agree or not, I don't get why so many people here have to be douchbags to him about it.

It's fine for him to want a Rodian. That's not the issue. The issue is that he apparently feels putting up a whopping $1500 will actually move BW into furnishing him what he wants. Now maybe he is just trolling. Maybe he's just having fun. But it sounds like he's serious. And that's just laughable. You are not being a douchebag by pointing that out, and calling people that is just ad hominem BS.

It's fine for him to want a Rodian. That's not the issue. The issue is that he apparently feels putting up a whopping $1500 will actually move BW into furnishing him what he wants. Now maybe he is just trolling. Maybe he's just having fun. But it sounds like he's serious. And that's just laughable. You are not being a douchebag by pointing that out, and calling people that is just ad hominem BS.

Whether I'm actively trying to move Bioware or not is irrelevant. I made the offer. They can either accept it or not.

And just to get the facts straight, I'm not doing this just for me. Far be it from me to quote my own post because it feels vain, but:

Now I would be willing to pay the amount up-front, so long as I received a legally binding contract stating that it WOULD be done and a firm lead time or release date. After I got my unlock, they would be provided to anyone else who wanted a Rodian at or near the same price point as Cathar and Togruta.

Bolded the part you apparently missed. Of course $1,500 isn't going to cover the entire dev cost, but they would recoup the difference and turn profit pretty quickly.

That you claim to know what I'm thinking or what I'm feeling about the subject is what makes you a douchebag. You do not know me. Do not pretend that you do.

You notice most of the NPCs don't really move right? That means there is a good chance they are not designed with a full range of motion like the PCs are that would have to be worked on if that is the case plus there is the armor issue. Rodians are shorter and more slim then the other races that are payable meaning the armors would have to be remade to work with their smaller/slimmer frames.

All of the NPCs barring animals and giant ops bosses use the same set of animations, all the emotions, hand gestures, etc are all shared, all of the NPCs belonging to playable species use the same customizations that players have.

Rodians are probably one of the lamest species in all of star wars. There are hundreds of species that are far better, smarter, cooler looking and just generally awesome. Rodiens are just meh. The fact that Bioware went with cathar as the first new playable species a d togruta are next (hello clipping helms) says they don't take adding new species seriously. Don't expect much. We need wookies. And hey, if sony could do it, bioware have no excuse /end thread.

Rodians are probably one of the lamest species in all of star wars. There are hundreds of species that are far better, smarter, cooler looking and just generally awesome. Rodiens are just meh. The fact that Bioware went with cathar as the first new playable species a d togruta are next (hello clipping helms) says they don't take adding new species seriously. Don't expect much. We need wookies. And hey, if sony could do it, bioware have no excuse /end thread.

Problem with wookies is that they were very specifically banned by LucasArts from being any format of Force User in books, tv, and games.

Edited by Bluerodian

Problem with wookies is that they were very specifically banned by LucasArts from being any format of Force User in books, tv, and games.

yea that ticked me off... there have been two but no more ever again.... sooooo stupid. i think the only rule there should ever bee in the Star Wars Universe is that there can never bee a Yoda back story of telling where he came from. that is the only rule that Lucas has come up with that i think makes since anything else is just stupid!!! and Han shot FIRST!!!! :p

All I know is that the current crop of species are just not varied enough.

Which is the reason they are available to players. The only 2 even remotely conceivable player races of those not yet available to players are Togruta and Voss (which many say are unacceptable for reasons unrelated to "the not human enough" reason that will forever keep Rodians, etc, out of player hands).

Jedi Master Tyvokka....There a book about him somewhere too

As for the discussion. simple and to the point, it's a no from me for playable Rodians, sorry

Yes there is, and he is one of the two Wookiee Jedi who ever existed, until GL decided he doesn't like that, so no more Wookiee Jedi stuff was ever approved.

Yeah. It seems a bit of a strange requirement and antithetical to the whole principal of the Force being this all encompassing energy that's blind to notions of species.

I just love how people who aren't in the industry love to make absurd claims about how much work it takes to do any given task.

Wanting a Rodian? Sure, want all you like. I'd caution against it, as it will only lead to disappointment, but hey, if being perpetually disappointed flicks your switch, feel free. Go nuts.

Thinking EA's going to greenlight it because some guy offered them 1500 bucks? That's just delusional.

A new week, a new chance.

Let's see if any one in the office there feels like making a response.

I'm sorry, but it's not happening. Period. Regardless of intentions, regardless of purpose, BW would never accept $1,500 from a consumer for anything. Ignoring the fact that the amount specified is pennies to them, I can't even imagine the legal ramifications that could turn up from accepting money from non-affiliated sources. You want an answer from Bioware? They already have. The same statement that locked away Hutts and Wookies banned Rodians. No Wookie IN-GAME speaks Basic, no Rodians IN-GAME speak Basic. Therefore, the Basic requirement is not met. Now, a Rodian COMPANION, on the other hand...

who would really want another stupid useless companion?? really?? you would much rather have another dumb companion sitting in your ship collecting dust than have a brand new playable species?? you people are very odd!!!!

who would really want another stupid useless companion?? really?? you would much rather have another dumb companion sitting in your ship collecting dust than have a brand new playable species?? you people are very odd!!!!

That's what I'm wondering. It would be more work to make a companion than a player species because of the need for a specific story. Player species don't need specific stories beyond what's already in place.

Rodian would never be a brand new playable species. Ever. For the reasons listed above. It sucks, but this is the truth. Being a companion would be the only logical way. I have no desire for it, myself, but the point still stands.

And I shuffle through my companions all the time while playing. I give them all love.