Hatred Sins feel like Maras now

Icykill_

Hatred Sins feel like Maras now, but more squishy

All a ranged needs to do is root, stun... Speed run or escape out of the 10m range and they can kite all day till they kill you... Sure there are options, but once they are on cool down you might as well use black out and run

They only seem viable in arena now as its usually close quarters combat

I'm not saying they didn't need a nerf, they were a bit OP... But now they are toothless tigers in a fight lasting more than 20secs 1v1 against a ranged target and a pain if in a group battle... Sure I need to adjust tactics again and L2P with the changes... But there should be something at 30m... Maybe interrupt or shock... Being able to interrupt the ranged class that has you rooted would be a good start... The issue is stopping capppers... All other Melee classes have a 30m ability they can use to stop a cap... Now if recklessness is on cool down we can get rooted at 11m and not stop anything... It's stupid

Is there anyone who can offer some new advice on tactics?... I'm slowly developing some... But I'm finding it tedious and the game is losing its appeal more than usual since they have made my 3 main classes unenjoyable (Mara, Sorc, Sin)... I love my Merc... But they still need some work to bring them up to scratch... The only saving grace is my Jugg... But even that's a bit boring

Edited by Icykill_

Hatred Sins feel like Maras now, but more squishy

All a ranged needs to do is root, stun... Speed run or escape out of the 10m range and they can kite all day till they kill you... Sure there are options, but once they are on cool down you might as well use black out and run

They only seem viable in arena now as its usually close quarters combat

I'm not saying they didn't need a nerf, they were a bit OP... But now they are toothless tigers in a fight lasting more than 20secs 1v1 against a ranged target and a pain if in a group battle... Sure I need to adjust tactics again and L2P with the changes... But there should be something at 30m... Maybe interrupt or shock... Being able to interrupt the ranged class that has you rooted would be a good start... The issue is stopping capppers... All other Melee classes have a 30m ability they can use to stop a cap... Now if recklessness is on cool down we can get rooted at 11m and not stop anything... It's stupid

Is there anyone who can offer some new advice on tactics?... I'm slowly developing some... But I'm finding it tedious and the game is losing its appeal more than usual since they have made my 3 main classes unenjoyable (Mara, Sorc, Sin)... I love my Merc... But they still need some work to bring them up to scratch... The only saving grace is my Jugg... But even that's a bit boring

Just keep CR for root and not spamming for fluff dmg. Emersion for break and cd reduction util.

Edited by Aetideus

Break this down for me, Icy...What change, exactly, made hatred sins feel like toothless tigers?

They're still the best arena spec, by far.

As we all know, arena is all that matters. (If that's not the case, why do many snipers and mercs whine who do great in reg games?)

But even in regs, sins are consummate solo artists who can defend nodes and take them with ease, so they can't be suffering much there.

I don't even main a marauder, and I honestly feel they're the only class that completely sucks in both solo and regular. But at the same time, they were OP for so long that I just don't care. The maras should be given some amazing, fun mobility moves, like jumps and force speed. That'd make them interesting. But they'll probably just be buffed eventually to remain a slow, plodding, battering ram class that does too much damage again.

Edited by clearsighted

I've noticed more deception stances now. but the top dmg in WZs is still the dot sins. more to the point, though...

sorry. can't stop from laughing to comment.

The maras should be given some amazing, fun mobility moves, like jumps and force speed. That'd make them interesting.

I couldn't agree with this more. I've started playing my level 56 operative a little, and the mobility and anti-kiting there is so much fun. That's how mobile Sents/Maras should be, and that's the kind of anti-kiting they should have. Then they have a bit better DCDs to make up for the lack of true stealth.

I'm dying laughing here. A hatred sin. Feeling underpowered.

It was inevitable that the bad hatred players would complain. The better hatred players, don't feel a difference.

I switched to deception, myself and am having an enjoyable time not dying to chronic kiting.

Moving some key bindings around to shake things up a bit? :D

Lol, I love handicapping myself in arenas due to terrible match set ups... I mean we still obliterate the other team, but I have to make it a challenge some how.

It's like having to taunt the boss as a dps, just so that people, other than the tank, can take damage.

Lol, I love handicapping myself in arenas due to terrible match set ups... I mean we still obliterate the other team, but I have to make it a challenge some how.

It's like having to taunt the boss as a dps, just so that people, other than the tank, can take damage.

Playing Deception too. Hatred end up very boring due to class imbalance. No problem with kiting and 30% DR. Better than pushing buttons like mid-ranged stealth.

Edited by Aetideus

Playing Deception too. Hatred end up very boring due to class imbalance. No problem with kiting and 30% DR. Better than pushing buttons like stealth mid-ranged.

Plus waiting for the GCD as deception feels faster than for hatred (planting two dots and the slower animation of thrash)... I feel like I just want to do damage now, too impatient. xD

Erm I'm a pretty casual player and as hatred as long as you don't ride the short bus it's one of the easiest, if not the easiest specs to have consistent top or near top damage in, because of the sustained damage, AOE and survivability.. Hatred is no way underpowered.

http://i.imgur.com/9488Qmq.jpg

Break this down for me, Icy...What change, exactly, made hatred sins feel like toothless tigers?

They're still the best arena spec, by far.

As we all know, arena is all that matters. (If that's not the case, why do many snipers and mercs whine who do great in reg games?)

But even in regs, sins are consummate solo artists who can defend nodes and take them with ease, so they can't be suffering much there.

I don't even main a marauder, and I honestly feel they're the only class that completely sucks in both solo and regular. But at the same time, they were OP for so long that I just don't care. The maras should be given some amazing, fun mobility moves, like jumps and force speed. That'd make them interesting. But they'll probably just be buffed eventually to remain a slow, plodding, battering ram class that does too much damage again.

Actually you will notice I said they were still good on arena

My issue is in 8man with multiple ranged, you get rooted, stunned at 30-11m constantly and have no way of interrupting or putting pressure on them... If your blackout, speed run or stun break are on CD, which can happen if the fight is long and there are lots of ranged, they can pretty much keep you at arms length and kill you or just escape

Trying to stop a cap, especially if you are on your way there to back someone up is tough when you get spam roots from 2 or 3 ranged...

I'm not saying we need to have major offensive damage at 30m... But a 30m interrupt would be nice or something else... Not sure what

Edited by Icykill_

Funny replies to my post... Thanks for the constructive feed back guys... LoL

I did say that I am learning/changing tactics to compensate, but also asked if anyone had any advice... I should have known better than to ask here...

At least one person tried to offer some... So thank you

I acknowledged the class is still good... But it feels like I'm unable to engage ranged if they root spam... Ok, the class is melee... So why is it that every other melee class in the game has some 30m ability... But now Hatred doesn't??

They add a 30m low slash stun for deception which is stupid... But nerf all hatred ranged at the same time...

It just seems that the Devs really don't spend enough time thinking out how to balance and when they try they nerf or buff the wrong things on all classes and obviously never read the feed back from the community... Maras are still underperforming, PTs are still the most OP, Sorc Lightning was nerfed the wrong way and Madness is still underperforming, Mercs changes are worthless, Juggs didn't need the buff... Etc... We all know the changes have been poorly thought out... There were other ways to address a classes OP status or UP status and there was lots of constructive feed back on the PTS forum... The Devs didn't take any notice at anything

So, since my original post I have played my Sin non stop... The only thing I think needs changing is adding a 30m interrupt... Arena is still fine... I've developed and changed some of my tactics to compensate and I'm finding it a bit easier... But if anyone has some constructive suggestions I am all ears

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.