The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Next bonus XP weekend

Vandriss

Cool. Could have done Easter weekend when everyone has a 4 day weekend but randomly doing it a week early for no explicable reason sounds like exactly the sort of thing BW would do.

Who has a four day weekend? Not me. Easter weekend is just another weekend to the majority of working people.

Edited by RavensBloodyClaw

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, I cried when I got my new laptop with windows 7 and NWN would not play on it.:( That being said, can't you revert back to your previous OS?

He SHOULD have partitioned his HDD and set up a Dual boot instead of using the beta OS as his primary.

You know... I think I had something in here about a 2XP Weekend...

*Tait dumps his bag on the floor. Amongst various knickknacks, patch-related paraphernalia, and a worn newspaper front page stating that the "Rakghoul Plague Has Been Completely Eradicated Once Again," he finds a shimmering gold medallion...*

AH-HA! Here it is!

We're starting a 2XP Weekend TOMORROW!

Surprise! :tran_smile:

-Tait, Master of RP, Knickknack Hoarding, and the elusive 2XP Medallion of Destiny

Blasted Tait! I've spent the entire week getting ready to do a partial engine rebuild on my new toy this weekend (87 olds cutlass supreme) :D And now it seems I must spend this weekend taking advantage of 2xp.....

Therefore Tait....I expect to see you in Memphis, TN next week so you can help with this rebuild. You bring your tools, I'll provide the coors light and BBQ! :D

Easter isn't a US specific holiday. It's celebrated in lots of European countries not sure about the Asian countries though.

I wasn't meaning for my post to be interpreted that Easter was a US-only holiday. Just that not every person celebrates the holiday.

I wasn't meaning for my post to be interpreted that Easter was a US-only holiday. Just that not every person celebrates the holiday.

I'm not really big on the Holidays Myself mostly because none of my Family lives outside of Greece but Me and If I got time off and went back for every holiday I'd be Broke, unemployed, or both. :(

Edited by Anaesha

No! :o Of course I know about fiscal quarters, I just wasn't aware that this weekend is the end of a quarter.

I didn't seriously think you didn't know, I just saw an opportunity to tease somebody *and* take a random pot shot at the EAware/white knight crowd (the people who are "a little" too overzealous while attacking or defending BW).

I also received that e-mail, that would have been the perfect opportunity to advertise Double XP. This must have been rushed, after all Tait just posted it at the end of the day just before leaving work, and if you look at the Double XP page, all the images are reused from last year.

http://www.swtor.com/sites/all/files/en/gameupdates/2xp/JuneDoubleXPWeekend_back_Top.png (from June 2013)

http://www.swtor.com/sites/all/files/en/gameupdates/2xp/May4thDoubleXPWeekend_LEC.jpg (from May 4th 2014)

Still, they did translate it into German and French, so it wasn't completely spontaneous.

That's interesting...and odd. They translated the *page*, but not the dev tracker comment with the link (which is the only link to the page I've seen). I noticed that *some* but not *all (or even most)* dev tracker posts get translated -- it seems to be just the "server status" sort of things. Since the *player* comments are different, I assume that the community team has a way to "push" things to be translated and that there are some internal procedures for that. Unless Tait is fluent in both french and german.

Note that Tait added his comment into an existing thread, and didn't actually initiate a formal announcement (which may have made things take longer). Not that I'm paranoid, but I actually checked the OP's posting history half expecting to see the OP account having only this thread in the posting history. :)

And sorry for bashing, my post was just a knee-jerk reaction after DarthZaul first mentioned Easter, looking back now I would have written something different. :(

No prob, I almost replied to his post instead of yours, yours was just more detailed (and didn't sound like somebody just looking to complain).

Anyone know when the double xp starts?

It starts in 3 hours and 51 minutes from now.

That's interesting...and odd. They translated the *page*, but not the dev tracker comment with the link (which is the only link to the page I've seen). I noticed that *some* but not *all (or even most)* dev tracker posts get translated -- it seems to be just the "server status" sort of things. Since the *player* comments are different, I assume that the community team has a way to "push" things to be translated and that there are some internal procedures for that. Unless Tait is fluent in both french and german.

Unfortunately, Tait only speaks English. We haven't had a German/French Community Manager since 2013, the German/French forums are pretty much the Wild West unless someone reports a post. They do translate all blog posts and maintenances but no dev comments unless they are really important.

Oh, I cried when I got my new laptop with windows 7 and NWN would not play on it.:( That being said, can't you revert back to your previous OS?

I still had my windows.old directory, so I was able to roll back to Windows 10 build 9926 (latest is 10041), it works fine under 9926...so "Yay!" bonus xp weekend for me too :)

Great. Another weekend I won't be playing. Could we please get a way to opt out. I don't like having my character so overlevelled it takes all the challenge out of the game. I can't understand why people get so excited over crap like this.

Great. Another weekend I won't be playing. Could we please get a way to opt out. I don't like having my character so overlevelled it takes all the challenge out of the game. I can't understand why people get so excited over crap like this.

Thank you. The 2XP announcement just isn't official until someone asks for a toggle and says they won't be playing because none of their toons are max level yet.

OMG, OMG, OMG! I love you BioWARE, I love you Tait! But I will hold you responsible for the gladioli left unplanted this weekend!

It’s so awesome, could not have come in a better time! I have a Level 47 character, in the middle of Voss, in level 47 stuff just updated on him, with L49 mods and Augments already in the pipeline. That will be 7 Class stories/L60’ies finished this weekend, I can just feel it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Grind ON!

Awww…. Wuv you, Bio!

Thank you. The 2XP announcement just isn't official until someone asks for a toggle and says they won't be playing because none of their toons are max level yet.

I thought it wasn't official until some power-leveler says this is nice but that the game is dead unless they permanently bring back 12XP for class missions.

Take all your gear off and punch the enemies to death.

There. Challenge.

Alternatively, play with one hand tied behind your back. Or blindfolded. Or turn your monitor off. Or only use the mouse for -everything-, no keyboard use for anything except chat. Or artificially throttle your internet connection and give yourself a ping time of 1500ms.....

.. Lots of ways to make things harder.

Personally, I can't understand why people want lots of challenge in a relaxing recreational activity, but hey, it takes all sorts, right?

p.s. If you're looking for an actual challenging leveling experience in an MMO, TOR is not the game you want to be playing....

Edited by Raphael_diSanto

While I dislike those forced events and won't be playing personally (thank god Pillars of eternity is out anyways), I can't get my head around the challenge argument either. Personally I just don't like doing greyed out quests that don't give you any experience at all...I don't know, it just feels very unsatisfying to me, but is there truly any challenge to be found nowadays without conciously gimping yourself?

BIS gear for your lvl is easily obtained via comms and the legacy based presence rating does its part as well. The only challenge I can find stems from soloing H4s.

Sorry, I just have run out of words to talk about how there's really no excuse to turn down free experience and that all of the excuses people give are absolutely terrible.

"But Djiini, what if I don't want to outlevel the content so it's still challenging?!"

Nothing in this game is challenging besides the large group content at max level to begin with. Acting like there's a reason to play this game for something besides the story/voice acting is asinine; in every area but that and 'being Star Wars', The Old Republic is awfully lacking compared to every other MMO out there.

"But Djiini, I'm leveling with a friend and don't want to outlevel them!"

Then actually be purist and only level WITH them? If you're both subs (if one of you wasn't, you'd outlevel one another anyway), what's the problem? That's how I do it with groups.

"But Djiini, I don't want to miss out on any content!"

Nothing stopping you from playing it. Or just see it on, you know, another character, due to how the game works.

What else ya got, Gov'nah?

You do realize that any and all excuses/reasons are irrelevant? I don't like spinach. Don't need a reason or excuse not to want to eat it. I just don't like it. See how easy that was. I, for one, thank the force that not everyone on the planet is a drone that must like and desire the same things.

You do realize that any and all excuses/reasons are irrelevant? I don't like spinach. Don't need a reason or excuse not to want to eat it. I just don't like it. See how easy that was. I, for one, thank the force that not everyone on the planet is a drone that must like and desire the same things.

But... but... you're having fun in the wrong way!

;)

You will be assimilated :rak_04:

Please let know in advance for Double XP just re-subbed today. Could have delayed it till Monday if had known. Not everyone likes it. :(

Can't please everyone. For every yes there must be a no - balance in all things.

Man, I almost sound like a Jedi.

Brb rerolling from Sith