Next bonus XP weekend

Vandriss

Hey all,

I read the game has had a couple bonus XP weekends, and once with a 12x XP bonus even.

Recently I returned to the game after a 4 year 'break' to love this game once more.

Been back for a little over 4 weeks at the time of this post.

Now I am curious, these bonus XP weekends. Is that a returning thing?

And if so, when is the next one?

Merely curious :)

Thank you for any feedback.

V.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They don't exactly schedule them in advance and give us a calendar.... alas. They're usually timed to coincide with some kind of promotion or US holiday. The 12 XP thing was (so far) a one-off, timed to coincide with the Shadow of Revan launch, and ostensibly was offered to make it easier for people to get their alts to level 55 to be ready for the SoR expansion. As you can see from this thread, opinions are divided on whether or not it should be brought back. Edited by Raphael_diSanto

You know... I think I had something in here about a 2XP Weekend...

*Tait dumps his bag on the floor. Amongst various knickknacks, patch-related paraphernalia, and a worn newspaper front page stating that the "Rakghoul Plague Has Been Completely Eradicated Once Again," he finds a shimmering gold medallion...*

AH-HA! Here it is!

We're starting a 2XP Weekend TOMORROW!

Surprise! :tran_smile:

-Tait, Master of RP, Knickknack Hoarding, and the elusive 2XP Medallion of Destiny

Edited by TaitWatson

*Tait dumps his bag on the floor. Amongst various knickknacks, patch-related paraphernalia, and a worn newspaper front page stating that the "Rakghoul Plague Has Been Completely Eradicated Once Again," he finds a shimmering gold medallion...*

AH-HA! Here it is!

-Tait, Master of RP, Knickknack Hoarding, and the elusive 2XP Medallion of Destiny

Sweet. Thanks for the update.

AH-HA! Here it is!

Sweet. thanks for the info.

P.s. When you guys release Togruta please put a xp weekend or week somewhere in there. :D

Edited by Anaesha

Cool. Could have done Easter weekend when everyone has a 4 day weekend but randomly doing it a week early for no explicable reason sounds like exactly the sort of thing BW would do.

You mean when you are supposed to be spending time with family and friends?

Cool. Could have done Easter weekend when everyone has a 4 day weekend but randomly doing it a week early for no explicable reason sounds like exactly the sort of thing BW would do.

^ Exactly, Easter would have been the perfect opportunity for this but Europe just isn't on Bioware's radar. :mad:

Fortunately, I have more time this weekend than during Easter, it is a family holiday after all and not a gaming holiday, and I look forward to double XP, but I just hate to be reminded at every opportunity that Bioware only cares about US holidays even though they have an international playerbase.

Also, a one day advance warning is kind of sketchy. Yes, not giving advance warnings for events keeps the players on the edge of their seats and is better for the health of the game than laying out the events schedule for the next few month, but I ask that you give more than one day warning for events like this.

What leaves me wondering is when they decided to do double XP. Events like this take preparation, they cannot be started out of nowhere. I can't help but shake the feeling that today's server restarts were in some way done to patching in double xp...

Edited by Jerba

You mean when you are supposed to be spending time with family and friends?

My parents don't live in the US and I'm not flying all the way to Greece just to celebrate it so I got nothing better to do come Easter.

Plus Easter in Greece is actually on the 12th not the 5th like in the US. :(

AH-HA! Here it is!

What an odd thing to have in your bag...

-Dwight, Republic Containment Officer

AH-HA! Here it is!

What the... okay, I wish for 100 million credits! :rak_01:

Coincidentally, all of the Easter Egg hunts in my area are this Sunday instead of on Easter.

And getting a 4 day weekend off for Easter is by no means universal.

Coincidentally, all of the Easter Egg hunts in my area are this Sunday instead of on Easter.

And getting a 4 day weekend off for Easter is by no means universal.

At least in Germany (and I'm sure many other European countries) Easter is a public holiday; everyone is off work, supermarkets are all closed and there are no concerts or loud music allowed that day. It is taken very seriously, similar to Christmas, and is not yet as commercialized as in the US, so many people visit their family and don't play SWTOR.

I can totally understand that since all developers are from the US, they focus on US holidays, but I'd expect from an international company to know at least a little bit about non-US customs.

Edited by Jerba

I can totally understand that since all developers are from the US, they focus on US holidays, but I'd expect from an international company to know at least a little bit about non-US customs.

This weekend isn't a holiday in the US either. Some of the kids are still on Spring Break, but that's pretty much it.

AH-HA! Here it is!

Can't we go back to full Double XP weeks instead so those of us who can't play so much during weekends but more on weekdays can also benefit from it just as well as those that can play more on the weekends?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.