Conquest: Galactic Scheme's

Silenceo

Given the state of affairs on Voss the only conclusion is that peace must be gained by separation. The Gormak and Voss share this world, but their long war has made it so that living together peacefully is next to impossible. In order to give both sides peace we plan to separate the world into two zone, Voss and Gormak, with peacekeeping forces stationed on the borders. Hopefully the IRA will contribute some soldiers to help. All heavy weaponry will be handed over to those forces to make sure that war will not resume. As well they will pass judgment on those accused of war crimes providing a bias free means of justice.

And basically turn the planet into a ticking bomb?

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And basically turn the planet into a ticking bomb?

A time bomb can be defused. But if either side wanted to go back to war they would have to attack the peacekeeping troops first, which of course would bring a bigger war. This is a long term investment to better the lives of both Voss and Gormak. Taking their biggest weapons away can allow them to focus on better pursuits than war and make the world a better and safer place. Of course we could also start a cultural exchange program to help both sides learn more about the other, but given the animosity that has been shown even in this room it does not seem that it would work.

A time bomb can be defused. But if either side wanted to go back to war they would have to attack the peacekeeping troops first, which of course would bring a bigger war. This is a long term investment to better the lives of both Voss and Gormak. Taking their biggest weapons away can allow them to focus on better pursuits than war and make the world a better and safer place. Of course we could also start a cultural exchange program to help both sides learn more about the other, but given the animosity that has been shown even in this room it does not seem that it would work.

Then you are going to need to build and fortify a wall running around the entire planet, otherwise there will still be constant border clashes.

Then you are going to need to build and fortify a wall running around the entire planet, otherwise there will still be constant border clashes.

You missed the point where peacekeeping forces are to be stationed between the borders. But if the Ordo Kote's opinion of Voss and Gormak self-control is so low, the plan can accommodate the complete disarmament of both sides.

You missed the point where peacekeeping forces are to be stationed between the borders. But if the Ordo Kote's opinion of Voss and Gormak self-control is so low, the plan can accommodate the complete disarmament of both sides.

If troops are stationed all along the border, than your plan could work.

Given the state of affairs on Voss the only conclusion is that peace must be gained by separation. The Gormak and Voss share this world, but their long war has made it so that living together peacefully is next to impossible. In order to give both sides peace we plan to separate the world into two zone, Voss and Gormak, with peacekeeping forces stationed on the borders. Hopefully the IRA will contribute some soldiers to help. All heavy weaponry will be handed over to those forces to make sure that war will not resume. As well they will pass judgment on those accused of war crimes providing a bias free means of justice.

We have already had a similar idea and will support this.

We will send an Acclamator for permanent garrisoning on Voss as well as some resources and workers to help build the neccesary buildings like garrisons, watchtowers and such after the negotiations are over. Of course we would also help with trying to get both Gormak and Voss closer together.

Side Note: Shall we call the planet 'Vosmak' ? :p

I think the only way for this to really work the IRA the Galactic Inquisition and Ordo Kote all should have troops station on the border.All working together to make sure the border is protected and no side show favoritism.

OOC: How long can negotiations take dang it?! Bah, I didn't even want to play the Voss/Gormak here... Curse you Overlord Responsibilities! Then again...

IC:

Voss: This is acceptable.

Gormak: One condition. Cleanse the Nightmare Lands.

OOC: How long can negotiations take dang it?! Bah, I didn't even want to play the Voss/Gormak here... Curse you Overlord Responsibilities! Then again...

IC:

Voss: This is acceptable.

Gormak: One condition. Cleanse the Nightmare Lands.

We will have to contact the Jedi Order for the cleansing of the nightmare lands.

Edited by CheaterLL

Does that mean that we have an agreement?

Apparently.

Damn, quicker than I thought. Had planned to build the voss security force from scratch... Damn you long unit training and lack of resources!

Edited by CheaterLL

OOC: If you guys have further matters to resolve for Week 33, please do so. Nearing the end of the data organizing, so I will soon focus on the systems which shouldn't take much time tbh, and once that is done only some things I need to talk to people about in the thread before it can resume.

OOC: so just to re-cap

- the GI and IRA position troops along the Voss-Gormak border. Should I contribute troops as well?

- Voss and especially Gormaks disarm

- cultural exchange programs are attempted

- Id assume that Ayan stays the leader of the Gormaks, if so Ill encourage the Gormaks to respect the peace and try to divert their attention away from the Voss

- the Jedi are asked to purge the Nightmare Lands

Edited by raandomname

OOC: so just to re-cap

- the GI and IRA position troops along the Voss-Gormak border. Should I contribute troops as well?

- Voss and especially Gormaks disarm

- cultural exchange programs are attempted

- Id assume that Ayan stays the leader of the Gormaks, if so Ill encourage the Gormaks to respect the peace and try to divert their attention away from the Voss

- the Jedi are asked to purge the Nightmare Lands

It's your planet so you have to protect it. "And I can only do so much". We're only here to help you out, not do all the border patrols for you.

Apart from that, yes. Exactly.

It's your planet so you have to protect it. "And I can only do so much". We're only here to help you out, not do all the border patrols for you.

Apart from that, yes. Exactly.

Makes sense. I just wanted to be clear.

How many troops do you believe will be necesary?

Makes sense. I just wanted to be clear.

How many troops do you believe will be necesary?

A lot. We can spam sensors at the border itself but we still need forces that can be anywhere at the border in minutes and still be powerful enough to crush any resistance.

That means we need speeders and dropships, which is why I'm sending LAAT/i and LAAT/c along with BARC speeders.

But all of the units must be able to fire with non-lethal weapons (stun lasers, gas etc.) since this is a mission to protect everyone, not kill them.

That said, we need to make a guess of the actual size of the two regions as Voss will need much fewer space than Gormak.

A lot. We can spam sensors at the border itself but we still need forces that can be anywhere at the border in minutes and still be powerful enough to crush any resistance.

That means we need speeders and dropships, which is why I'm sending LAAT/i and LAAT/c along with BARC speeders.

But all of the units must be able to fire with non-lethal weapons (stun lasers, gas etc.) since this is a mission to protect everyone, not kill them.

That said, we need to make a guess of the actual size of the two regions as Voss will need much fewer space than Gormak.

Makes sense. As for the area, I dont think that the Voss area is much larger then Voss-ka and its surroundings and a few external temples and shrines that would of course all be conected in one new larger Voss zone. Realistically though I dont think that the Voss need an area thats much larger then an aaverage country (assuming ofc that Voss and Earth are of similar size)

Makes sense. As for the area, I dont think that the Voss area is much larger then Voss-ka and its surroundings and a few external temples and shrines that would of course all be conected in one new larger Voss zone. Realistically though I dont think that the Voss need an area thats much larger then an aaverage country (assuming ofc that Voss and Earth are of similar size)

Basically would just need to enact an area to encompass Voss-ka on its mountain, as well as the shrines around its base. So essentially, the Voss will get a good part of a mountain range, whereas the Gormak have everything else. At least, until they learn how to get along, considered there is a lot more planet to be had. :rolleyes:

Side Note: Even with all of this considered, NY is still bigger. :cool:

Edited by Silenceo

Am not sure if this would be consider OC or IC but the Coalition would be willing to provide a Legion of troops to help protect the border.For a very very reasonable price.We will provide our own supplies and transportation as well as help with the Culture blend.We have experience working with indigenous people on Primitive worlds before and could help with the Culture blend.

Side note:My sub expired so am back now.So if you needed something from me send me a PM.

Am not sure if this would be consider OC or IC but the Coalition would be willing to provide a Legion of troops to help protect the border.For a very very reasonable price.We will provide our own supplies and transportation as well as help with the Culture blend.We have experience working with indigenous people on Primitive worlds before and could help with the Culture blend.

Side note:My sub expired so am back now.So if you needed something from me send me a PM.

Great, now we only have to hire Star and Tune and we're all in one place!

Joking ofc, with your troops here as well we are more than good. How many is one of your Legions?

Great, now we only have to hire Star and Tune and we're all in one place!

Joking ofc, with your troops here as well we are more than good. How many is one of your Legions?

10,000 I have about 4-5 being created for Sil new system and you probably right we could Hire star but I don't think Tune has enough ground forces since he is mainly a space pirate.Sorry I mean Reputable business man.

To build this Wall or what every it is will take time and a lot of resources.To build this all three of you would need to combine resources.I wonder has Sil thought of a price for the border yet.

Edited by Jarons

10,000 I have about 4-5 being created for Sil new system and you probably right we could Hire star but I don't think Tune has enough ground forces since he is mainly a space pirate.Sorry I mean Reputable business man.

To build this Wall or what every it is will take time and a lot of resources.To build this all three of you would need to combine resources.I wonder has Sil thought of a price for the border yet.

I think 2 fences with ~20m in between and a bunch of sensors, with some watchtowers and military bases spread along the border would be enough. After all this isn't for stopping an invasion but for stopping a bunch of civilians and criminals.

Btw. I'm sending a Standard Legion, which is almost 20,000 units and vehicles. It all fits on an Acclamator.

I think 2 fences with ~20m in between and a bunch of sensors, with some watchtowers and military bases spread along the border would be enough. After all this isn't for stopping an invasion but for stopping a bunch of civilians and criminals.

Btw. I'm sending a Standard Legion, which is almost 20,000 units and vehicles. It all fits on an Acclamator.

That's a pretty good idea for a border but it as it is now I doubt the Border will last.For the time I believe it will hold.

Well I like the old 10,000 I can have more Legions and more Diversity between the different Brigades.Also I believe less could be more at times and a with a legion of 10,000 my soldiers can do more and I won't be Bogged Down by Numbers.