Conquest: Galactic Scheme's

Silenceo

Depends. If he is killed or captured before getting back to his clan, nothing at all since obviously he was too weak to be worth it. Personal vendetta by immediate family members would be the only possible repercussion and even that depends on if the shooter's family loved him enough and even then only if they legitimately believed he could never do something like that.

If he makes it back to his clan one of two things might happen. The Clan might defend him and claim that he wasn't the attacker, this is only if he is in very good standing with his guild/prominent mando. If he's more a loner or seen as being potentially dishonorable, he'll be made dar'manda and exiled. At that point Ayan's people can have their way with him if they find him.

Ultimately the only time this gets messy is if his clan doesn't think he did it. At which point Ayan just has to prove he did and then their clan will deal with him.

Oh, and when Rynne gets back in shape she always has the opportunity to hunt (not just challenge) the guy if she wants.

Wait what if it wasn't a Mando? Would they just hunt him down and kill that person?

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait what if it wasn't a Mando? Would they just hunt him down and kill that person?

Nah, probably still capture because they'd want to make sure neither competitor had a hand in it. Ayan and Rynne would want to know who's behind it. However they'd likely kill them after they got their information unless Rynne feels in a forgiving mood.

Nah, probably still capture because they'd want to make sure neither competitor had a hand in it. Ayan and Rynne would want to know who's behind it. However they'd likely kill them after they got their information unless Rynne feels in a forgiving mood.

Its a lot I don't know about Mando thank you Star will this will be a interesting to see how it turns out.

Its a lot I don't know about Mando thank you Star will this will be a interesting to see how it turns out.

Yeah the problem is there are some major differences in Mandalorian culture across the eras, and the same rules are bent or broken several times... I like to use a bit of SWTOR, a bit of KOTOR, a bit of Clone Commando, some Legacy, and some Boba-Jango-Shysa sources as a baseline with the CW's example as an alternate (which is hard because the good mandalorians are Death Watch who are usually bad so that source is sketchy as some practices would not be common among typical Mandalorians).

It is hard to reconcile them all, which is why I give so many answers each time since all I can say is what the majority of mandalorians depicted consider "honorable". Unless it clearly violates the Resol'nare or has a direct precedent I honestly have to have educated guesswork as to responses.

Note: in a lot of my answers, the personal beliefs of those participating hold a lot of value. For instance, some Mandalorians were particularly harsh, deeming weakness punishable by death while others were particularly pragmatic, refusing to kill unless it benefitted them etc... so a lot of variation and I try to reflect that.

Plus, a LOT comes down to how much the Mandalorians on Ayan's side like/support him. A devoted following vs a tenuous following play by different rules since the level of perceived honor and tolerance for mistakes or failings will be different.

Edited by StarSquirrel

Yeah the problem is there are some major differences in Mandalorian culture across the eras, and the same rules are bent or broken several times... I like to use a bit of SWTOR, a bit of KOTOR, a bit of Clone Commando, some Legacy, and some Boba-Jango-Shysa sources as a baseline with the CW's example as an alternate (which is hard because the good mandalorians are Death Watch who are usually bad so that source is sketchy as some practices would not be common among typical Mandalorians).

It is hard to reconcile them all, which is why I give so many answers each time since all I can say is what the majority of mandalorians depicted consider "honorable". Unless it clearly violates the Resol'nare or has a direct precedent I honestly have to have educated guesswork as to responses.

Note: in a lot of my answers, the personal beliefs of those participating hold a lot of value. For instance, some Mandalorians were particularly harsh, deeming weakness punishable by death while others were particularly pragmatic, refusing to kill unless it benefitted them etc... so a lot of variation and I try to reflect that.

Plus, a LOT comes down to how much the Mandalorians on Ayan's side like/support him. A devoted following vs a tenuous following play by different rules since the level of perceived honor and tolerance for mistakes or failings will be different.

So in your opinion who has or had the most support between the two.Also man that's has to be a lot just to keep in your head.

So in your opinion who has or had the most support between the two.Also man that's has to be a lot just to keep in your head.

From what I know of Mandalorian culture and from what I've seen in Conquest I'd say Ayan has more support since... well... it is his faction. Rynne is also a relative newcomer, and thus unproven (to the OK) and unlikely to have any real support.

In fact, had Ayan not made the call for challengers he could have easily brushed off her challenge as the equivalent of a child telling a pro-boxer that they could take'em. His people don't know her that well, she isn't a known threat and has no support. This is all a made-up crisis in his mind that drove him to make some mistakes. Rynne should have been shocked he even replied to her at all. This is like calling the office of your state's executive, challenging them to a debate, and they call you up and want to make it a nationally-televised spectacle in which the winner becomes governor. It is that insane.

From what I know of Mandalorian culture and from what I've seen in Conquest I'd say Ayan has more support since... well... it is his faction. Rynne is also a relative newcomer, and thus unproven (to the OK) and unlikely to have any real support.

In fact, had Ayan not made the call for challengers he could have easily brushed off her challenge as the equivalent of a child telling a pro-boxer that they could take'em. His people don't know her that well, she isn't a known threat and has no support. This is all a made-up crisis in his mind that drove him to make some mistakes. Rynne should have been shocked he even replied to her at all. This is like calling the office of your state's executive, challenging them to a debate, and they call you up and want to make it a nationally-televised spectacle in which the winner becomes governor. It is that insane.

So basically he could have just ignored the message and went on about his business no problem.

IC: It took a few seconds before the adrenalin had ebbed of and Ayan completely comprehended what had just happened. He still had trouble believing what he had just seen, trouble believing that anyone potentially even a Mandalorian would insult the values of the Mando'ade, the values that his father had taught him, so drastcally.

"Shab" me murmured. Then the side of him that had made him a Mandalorian clan leader took over again and he started calling orders into his comlink. "We need a medic over here right now and I want the entire area searched thoroughly. We will find that hutun and get our answers and then he will die for his utter disregard of honor."

The End: Epilogue

The Galaxy was in ruin.

Worlds burned as factions waged war to control the galaxy that they held so dear, yet they could not see the damage that they wrought by doing so. Neither the Empires nor the free factions were free of guilt. Whether it was the bombing of Voss, or the blockade of Fondor... None were innocent.

Despite the chaos, despite the blood shed, there came a point when enough was enough.

A trader who was well liked by both sides proposed a meeting, a peace summit on the planet of Alderaan. All factions from across the galaxy attended, to see what would come to pass.

While intentions noble, the flames of rivalry could not be so easily quenched.

Not all of those assembled around the table however were against seeing reason. A number of smaller factions opted for peace, and weathered the storm of opposition. After what seemed like an eternity, the Republic, Old Republic, and Rebel Alliance, and the Chiss Ascendancy had been persuaded to support the peace. However, the others were unsure.

Much to everyone's surprise, the Galactic Empire gave their support next. Without their support, the Sith Empire had no choice but to begrudgingly accept that there would be peace. The Mandalorians had been quite indifferent, but chimed in that they would abide the peace, as long as others abide their own.

This left the Vong, Hutts, CIS, Black Sun, Zann Consortium, Hapes Consortium, and the Revanites.

No matter what the diplomats argued, they quite simply would not budge.

It was then that a man strode into the room who had been thought dead, back from the dead. This man, well known among the underworld, spoke from the deepest reaches of his heart. He stunned all those present with his sheer conviction, even though the words themselves were heavy handed.

When he had finally finished, there was silence. It was a long time before anyone else spoke.

When next they did however, the Hutts, CIS, Black Sun, Hapes Consortium and Zann Consortium all agreed to this truce.

The only opposition remaining was that of the Vong and Revanites. Neither of which was well liked by the factions.

At this time, they dismissed for a break, to allow cooler heads to prevail instead of merely arguing one another into submission.

When they returned, the two factions listed their reasoning as to why such a peace would not last. The council accepted this. They however proposed a solution, one that would ensure that the treaty was to last five years, so that each side would have time to heal their wounds and tend to their people. During this period, those who made war would be hunted by all.

The Vong, knowing they wouldn't get a better deal than that, finally gave way. Which left only the Revanites.

They refused to believe that such would be a true peace, and continued for an hour to speak of the things that either side may do to one another. The man who had quelled the underworld elements now stood again.

He asked them simple questions, and merely inquired as to why?

As the tempers cooled once more, more conditions were added to ensure such would not occur without consequence. With much reluctance, the Revanites agreed to it as well. But they warned that they would be ever vigilant for those who sought destruction, and that such would not be tolerated. Not even the smallest degree.

With all in agreement, peace had returned to the galaxy. The battle fleets returned home, civilians no longer fearing for their lives.

The great shadow that hung over the galaxy had abated, for now.

The galaxy had bought itself time. 5 years of such. When such a time was done... All present hoped that they could take the next step, and not revert to their old ways. Knowing the ways of the galaxy, even the most hopeful was saddened by the likely reality.

Thus, the galaxy was calmed. For now...

Edited by Silenceo