most noob thing youve done or seen someone do in this game. no gtn "scams" please

Jrr_hypernova

on my first character, before I knew what world bosses were, I was running around taris and found this blue body laying on the ground. I thought, oh maybe i can loot this guy. Click, ground shakes, next thing i know i am flying through the air and im dead.

Some guy came walking up to me, he asked what happened, i told him idk.. you should go click that body over there.

he did and i got a good laugh afterward. good times.

i never again clicked on a blue clicky without preparing to run like hell.

Real talk...I've never even SEEN the Taris WB, much less have any idea where to click that body, lol. You just gave me something to do in game today!

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a tale of a retarded vg tank (me)

Since lvl ~15 did all quest and anything in tank gear.

Taunting as pulling was kinda ok until guildmaster mentioned that's not the way of aggroing.

Spending credits on treek unlock

Spending credits on comp aff buff

Once I bought 1m worth of mat and after that I realized I watched the wrong scheme.

There must be a day in the week when I forget to use computer and/or datacron on Oricon.

Feel free to choose.

Decided to dust off a character i hadnt actually played in months... go off to do a mission. "Hmm, why am i taking so much damage?"

I forgot she was running around in empty shells... :D (as was her companion... but they did look fabulous as they got beat on!)

Edited by XiamaraSimi

probably went 6 months of being a lvl 50 marauder (when cap was 50) before buying undying rage and force camo.

my reasoning for not getting undying rage.. why the hell would I want to lose half of my health and then be nearly invincible for a few seconds???? then my raid group convinced me its better to lose half of my health instead of all of it..

on my first character, before I knew what world bosses were, I was running around taris and found this blue body laying on the ground. I thought, oh maybe i can loot this guy. Click, ground shakes, next thing i know i am flying through the air and im dead.

Some guy came walking up to me, he asked what happened, i told him idk.. you should go click that body over there.

he did and i got a good laugh afterward. good times.

i never again clicked on a blue clicky without preparing to run like hell.

I did that too. Only on Tatooine, but I didn't learn my lesson and did it again on Voss.

Hmm...probably the one person I saw in a WZ who, when asked why he didn't come when someone called inc, blurted out "You didn't say the inc call meant at the node!"

Also anyone who insists on spending 5+ minutes trying to skip a mob in a Heroic/FP/Op that takes <30 secs to kill.

As for the most noob thing I've done, probably when I spent the first 2 planets cycling through one quickbar. It wasn't until the Fall of the Locust heroic on Taris when I discovered Extended Quickbars (and thus UI customization).

Noobishly summoned the Nightmare Pilgrim on Voss.

I did the same.. it was the source of some much needed laughter for my friend. But to me was not knowing once you buy something that is from the CM you can reclaim it as many times as you want. I kept buying new 1's for companions or other things.

I have definitely done that...thought it was a lore object, triggered the NP and promptly got smooshed, lol.

Ditto. My sorc is still trying to scrape its name off his rear end. "Smooshed" isn't quite the term to do it justice.

Edited by Lewintelamon

Old guild back when server transfers to Harbinger first happened

we had a progression ops group running but one week we were short of people so asked guild anyone want to come for EV HM run.

This new member came as DPS

He couldn't or wouldn't join voice chat (we later learned his parents wouldn't allow him but didn't know at time)

So we get to the pylons and he shouts out in ops chat

"HEY I WATCHED THIS IN DULFY, I KNOW HOW TO DO THIS"

And proceeded to run and start pressing Pylon buttons before the groups even started to separate into 2 groups

Yup it was a wipe LOL!

created first character on a French server as I thought its just located in France, not French speaking.

Since this is my first MMO wasn't talking to people before somewhere in chapter 2.

When I realized my mistake, didn't want to lose my character, so I stayed on the server. With my next 2 characters too (legacy, and probably no server transfer at the time -can't recall exactly)

I speak no French

Before I knew there was a taxi on Korriban that took me to the lower part of the valley, I resorted to jumping off the cliff and trying to catch ledges. It finally worked after dieing a lot but I deleted my character when I couldn't find the way back up.

Another time I went all the way through Balmorra with choosing my advanced class.

I also remember the time I got to level 16, was dressed in all green quality gear that wasn't even for my class, and thought I was bad@ss.

Edited by fdbgjfdhjgkjdhsg

• 3 months later...
1. Too many players thinking that off-class stats provide any real benefit. "Strength improves damage" says the Sniper, etc. I blame the stat tooltips. They're generic. In other games, when I scroll over the stat, the tooltip tells me how that stat affects ME ... my class. So, I understand the source of the confusion. What I'll never understand is the utter defiance when the noob is told otherwise.

Actually, they're not "generic", at least not entirely. If you look, you'll notice that the "main stat" for your class will have lines for how much it affects your damage and crit chance for two attack types, while the other stats will only show that they affect one attack type, quite possibly a type that your class doesn't even have.

So for that Sniper, the Strength tooltip will only say it affects melee damage and melee critical chance. And since a Sniper has zero melee attacks, stacking Strength will give him exactly zero bonus to anything he does. (And no, the Shiv attack is not a melee attack. It may look like a melee attack, but it's actually a Tech attack.) OTOH, the sniper's tooltip for Cunning will say it affects damage and crit chance for both Ranged and Tech attacks.

Getting back on topic....

Seems I'm not the only one who's been in PUGs with folks who apparently thought the Leeroy Jenkins video was a "how-to" for doing group content. :p

Queued for a HM FP at lvl 55 with my "tank" character, who, up until that point, had been played as a DPS, geared with story content (some as old as lvl 47), and had about 17k HP. Extremely quickly learned why this was not the best time to be tanking HM until I geared up and learned how to be a proper tank. I felt very bad for the three folks I was pugged with, as the wait for this FP was over an hour.

1.In my first two flashpoints I didn't know how to exit. So I logged out and logged back in to exit the area. I didn't know there was an exit area button.

2. I didn't know there was a legacy cargo hold. I kept mailing legacy gear like a noob for the longest.

Edited by Ghenghis-Khan

1.In my first two flashpoints I didn't know how to exit. So I logged out and logged back in to exit the area. I didn't know there was an exit area button.

2. I didn't know there was a legacy cargo hold. I kept mailing legacy gear like a noob for the longest.

Wait what? Legacy cargo hold? I'm still mailing stuff around my legacy....