mara/sent changes idea (too op or..?)

Ursus-SUON

Two sentinel changes ive been thinking of, wondering if they would be fine or "too good".

Make vanish exit combat, its usually a pain having to wait to exit combat (in 4's particularly)

Make fleetfooted like sages/sorcs egress (unable to be slowed or rooted during duration)

thoughts?

Exiting combat would be to strong for such a short CD (They're not a stealth class either)

The 2nd suggestion is good, they need something that's going to free up their movement. Currently they are to easy to knock away/root

Exiting combat would be to strong for such a short CD (They're not a stealth class either)

The 2nd suggestion is good, they need something that's going to free up their movement. Currently they are to easy to knock away/root

I don't think it would be too strong considering the 2 pure stealth classes have this mechanic. The cooldown to short you say? I would take a slight increase to be able to heal myself in a match same as the other 2 classes. Would not be OP as you don't have the healing capability of scoundrels nor the anti- focus/ total removal from harm of the teleport of sins..just my 2 cents..tear it apart as you see fit.

As far as freeing up their movement; I think what they have now is fair with the exception of maybe 4 seconds of immunity added to the transcendence root break. If they received more than that I feel the AC would be getting the same hate as PT's/ Vanguards at the moment.

No it's the others who are too difficult to knock away/root. Burst classes need to be easily controled/tempered.

No it's the others who are too difficult to knock away/root. Burst classes need to be easily controled/tempered.

Agreed. They need to take away some of the movement-impairment breakers/immunity that the ranged classes have. Right now, melees, especially sent/mara, have a nightmare of a time fighting ranged dps. If roots would actually keep them in place long enough for a melee to put in some damage, they might feel better.

Or they could go the route they seem to be going now, where everyone has high amounts of anti-movement-impairment in utilities. In which case, the OP's predation suggestion is spot on EXCEPT it would have to apply to the Sent/Mara ONLY.

Either roots and slows are reliable tools against everyone, or everyone has the tools to beat them. You can't give the ranged classes kiting tools, but not give melee classes any reliable anti-kiting tools. We'll see how 3.1.1 does for Maras (where they can spend 2 utilities to get a spammable 10m root). I think it'll help, but I believe the high levels of sages/sorcs and shadows/sins will still make life miserable with their rooting knockbacks all over the place.

EDIT: Breaking combat on Force Camo (every 45s) would just be too much. They already have 2 anti-focus abilities (Camo and GbtF/UR, which will be good in 3.1.1, albeit with a long cooldown) that will play very well with a healer. I think allowing them to sneak away and heal to full might be a bit much...Then again, everyone else seems to be able to do it...

I think a better solution than making Force Camo even better is to changed Saber Ward a bit. Right now, Guardians/Juggs get a perk for Saber Ward (first 2? 3? seconds, they have 100% melee/ranked defense) at level 10. I think Sents/Maras should get one too, and it should reduce the cooldown by 1 minute (to 2 minutes). That way, Sents/Maras still have a 1 minute, 2 minute, and 3 minute DCD like their sister AC. THEN, change Zealous Ward/Blood Ward to proc on damage dealt, not being attacked, with all the same rate limits. This would give Sents/Maras a decent DCD on a medium cooldown that they can turn into a mini-Focused Defense/Enraged Defense, giving them some defense against the plethora of DoTs out there. It's a small boost, but I think it's just about right in terms of potency.

Edited by waterboytkd

Agreed. They need to take away some of the movement-impairment breakers/immunity that the ranged classes have. Right now, melees, especially sent/mara, have a nightmare of a time fighting ranged dps. If roots would actually keep them in place long enough for a melee to put in some damage, they might feel better.

Or they could go the route they seem to be going now, where everyone has high amounts of anti-movement-impairment in utilities. In which case, the OP's predation suggestion is spot on EXCEPT it would have to apply to the Sent/Mara ONLY.

Either roots and slows are reliable tools against everyone, or everyone has the tools to beat them. You can't give the ranged classes kiting tools, but not give melee classes any reliable anti-kiting tools. We'll see how 3.1.1 does for Maras (where they can spend 2 utilities to get a spammable 10m root). I think it'll help, but I believe the high levels of sages/sorcs and shadows/sins will still make life miserable with their rooting knockbacks all over the place.

EDIT: Breaking combat on Force Camo (every 45s) would just be too much. They already have 2 anti-focus abilities (Camo and GbtF/UR, which will be good in 3.1.1, albeit with a long cooldown) that will play very well with a healer. I think allowing them to sneak away and heal to full might be a bit much...Then again, everyone else seems to be able to do it...

I think a better solution than making Force Camo even better is to changed Saber Ward a bit. Right now, Guardians/Juggs get a perk for Saber Ward (first 2? 3? seconds, they have 100% melee/ranked defense) at level 10. I think Sents/Maras should get one too, and it should reduce the cooldown by 1 minute (to 2 minutes). That way, Sents/Maras still have a 1 minute, 2 minute, and 3 minute DCD like their sister AC. THEN, change Zealous Ward/Blood Ward to proc on damage dealt, not being attacked, with all the same rate limits. This would give Sents/Maras a decent DCD on a medium cooldown that they can turn into a mini-Focused Defense/Enraged Defense, giving them some defense against the plethora of DoTs out there. It's a small boost, but I think it's just about right in terms of potency.

You clearly misunderstand MClydes post

Changes I would make

* Defensive forms should be a passive

* Unbound dropped back to 70% Pred ( powertechs sonic the hedgehog version removed from the game) - Clears roots/ snares from only yourself and grants root immunity to only you for 4 seconds.

* A method of splitting berserk and predation. Marauders are the only class in the game that are forced between choosing damage and surviving. Predation is vital for survival. Without it they can't get to their targets and are essentially free kills. They also need berserk to do proper burst damage to fullfill their role as a DPS. The meta is forcing marauders to choose pred 9 times out of 10.

Edited by JackNader

The question is does bioware give a **** about creating OP classes but most important question is do they give a **** about pvp sadly both no so either stick with class you are enjoying and get used to ganked by FOTM rollers or join the bandwagon.

About your quetion i dont give a **** who is op or not since there wont be any fair pvp in this game unless bioware stop being ******* and care abou this game.

I'm always amused by how melee keeping talking about how "strong" ranged are. By "strong" you mean just sorcs right?

Problems with ranged and melee ranged has root protection and ability to attack while running but melee doesnt have proper root and slow protection and needs to be close to target to be effective. It's been a long time i could finish ravage on a ranged class :).

Main reason melee is raging in forum is lack of mobility despite having short range and ranged classes (except sniper-slinger) having incredible mobility despite having long range, which should be opposite.

Edited by omeru

I know 90%+ maras are carnage, but mara do not have only burst specs, annihilation could use some mobility buffs

Dunno why anyone would play anything other than carnage.

Carnage is the least affected by spamming predation over berserk. It's the tankiest of the 3 specs. It also has the least required buttons and is the most streamlined of the 3 specs.

Dunno why anyone would play anything other than carnage.

Carnage is the least affected by spamming predation over berserk. It's the tankiest of the 3 specs. It also has the least required buttons and is the most streamlined of the 3 specs.

wat, Carnage is by far the easiest spec to shutdown. Look a gore! *knockback* *trollface*

Concentration has better survivability, isn't as penalized by downtime, and outside of predation has the best gap closers. Oh and the extremely reliable burst.

no matter what changes the players want the devs won't do it because NO DEVELOPER plays Sentinel/Marauder.

You want some changes:

* remove GCD from the game, that's why abilities have cool downs and you need focus to perform actions.

* make Force Leap/Charge an area specific ability instead of target, must like Trooper's Mortar Fire or Gunslinger's Sweeping Fire. This will allow for the player to move quicker to a location and allow for an escape ability.

* OH should be treated as a Shield Generator for Defense and a Lightsaber for Offense.

* There should be 3 throws for these ACs: Main, OH and both

Edited by Ramtar

wat, Carnage is by far the easiest spec to shutdown. Look a gore! *knockback* *trollface*

The window is now so short that gore is best used with devestating blast and vicious throw. Neither of which are going to be shutdown by a knockback.

The window is now so short that gore is best used with devestating blast and vicious throw. Neither of which are going to be shutdown by a knockback.

Sentinel/Marauder should have a KB immunity just like other ACs.

This.

Ravage is now much weaker than pre 3.0, but I use it with berserk on stunned targets for extra burst.

No, how about less ACs having KB immunity.

Seriously there are way to many immunities in the meta right now, its insipid and is ruining PvP

Pre-3.0 there were way too many auto-hit, instant, risk-free, often aoe, no-can-defend character disabling abilities in this game. Now we have a situation where some characters can actually defend themselves from them; that is good - people have to think, look and time their ccs vs some classes. Against maras there is still not much to think about. Whatever your views on cc in games like this, there's no reason maras should be the whipping-boy class with fewer and more situational cc defense than -everyone- else.

Edited by Savej