The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

12 x XP for class-missions

Azibux

Wrong again!

They're changing it so story quests give out 8 commendations each.

And it does not take the full 60 levels to learn how to play your class, no matter what you think.

Finally, PVE has literally nothing to do with learning PVP, so.

i think you misunderstood what i was trying to say... i was trying to say you have people reaching max level today that are under geared and have no clue how to play their class. there are just fewer because there are fewer players in game right now. it is a percentage thing.. the greater the number of A you have the grater number of B you will end up with and the fewer the number of B the fewer of A.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think you misunderstood what i was trying to say... i was trying to say you have people reaching max level today that are under geared and have no clue how to play their class. there are just fewer because there are fewer players in game right now. it is a percentage thing.. the greater the number of A you have the grater number of B you will end up with and the fewer the number of B the fewer of A.

Class story ends at 50, problem solved.

Throwing in a cartel bonus class story XP is literally just more money in BW's pocket from me.

Edited by Sjax

I support a game that is fun for hardcores and casuals. And i only play THIS game as a solo NOW. I have been a bleeding edge progression raider for years, and have more than 1 server first to my credit. I know how MMOs work, Im playing this differently, as is the case for many people playing this particular game.

you seem to want to omit all of those players, most of who will never queue with you anyway.

My view on group dynamics come from years of experience. The group game should remain unchanged. It should revolve around groups of players. I wish to enjoy the single player experience.

you want to engage in group play as an individual. that's.... odd.

do group stuff with groups, or play solo content alone. Not rely on strangers to tank / heal / dps whatever because I HAVE to do group stuff but just cant BOTHER to make a friend. Every problem you have with 12x, 2x etc. w/e can be remedied by you not relying on pugs to progress. if there was no GF, there'd be no issue.

I support that kind of game too. My aversion to 12Xp does not hinge on the Group Finder; but thank you for assuming that you know me and where my motivations originate. I would be opposed to direct, permanent 12XP under most circumstances. I'm certainly not opposed to decreasing the time it takes to level - with some conditions. Check my signature, it's been there for a while now.

I don't engage in group content as an individual. I queue for the GF when it is convenient for me based on when I have time to play.

Class story ends at 50, problem solved.

Throwing in a cartel bonus class story XP is literally just more money in BW's pocket from me.

That is not true. Makeb's main line counts as Class, as do the main Arcs for Rishi and the non-daily Yavin missions; I'm pretty sure Oricon counts the first time, but I could be wrong about that.

Yes, we see this already. But a direct 12XP would make it worse. My main fear with this (specifically the above paragraph) is that more and more players would get to max level only to find that there is but two Operations and one is still very bugged after four and a half months. While it is true that no development team will ever be able to keep pace with players chewing through their content, right now there is a major content deficit at level 60.

Look, I've already conceded that 12x is faster than necessary, and personally, I like the plan laid out in your sig Ekwalizer, I think that would work just fine as well. but im sorry...

My aversion to 12Xp does not hinge on the Group Finder.

WHAT??? every argument has been either

a) pugs will be undergeared or

b) pugs wont know how to play their class.

Its not the whole game's job to fill in the blanks so you can do group content in the off hours of your guild. Hell you could be in 2 guilds, or just have non-guilded players you get along with and know play well. although I would be in favor of a gearscore type system for group finder, you're still going to run into bads regardless. you're only mitigating the damage at best.

spend 5 second googling 'MMO PUG', you will find they are universally abhorred and generally just a bad time. Jokes, memes, merchandise, angry rants etc. you name it. PUGS are pretty much always laughably stupid. They are a last resort, and when used, should still be useful for making positive contacts while in those groups. The likelihood of you being the only decent player in a PuG is unlikely, but running into a bad is almost guaranteed. If you're afraid to pug on your tank, find a couple healers and small handful of dps that play during the week, and befriend them.

Just please stop bringing up the gear argument. no one has asked for it, and no one expects full BiS gear at level cap. MOST other MMOS offer levelling services. none of them hand out top tier gear for free. Unless youre the type of player who levels for story and stops playing that character, 90% of your play time will be at level cap. the gear grind, and raid progression is the reason those people play and why other games have found it beneficial to allow players to skip the levelling process. again we dont want to SKIP it, just speed it up to experience it more fluidly.

whatever, this is totally silly. BW doesn't read this mess anyway, they're gonna do what they're gonna do regardless.

Time will tell.

Actually, no every argument hasn't been either of these options. But thanks for trying to create a false binary that perfectly matches the argument you want to refute.

Actually, no every argument hasn't been either of these options. But thanks for trying to create a false binary that perfectly matches the argument you want to refute.

Then would you please refresh my memory because I've been back 20 pages through this, and that's all I've found.

Population? this would almost assuredly bump population. Economy? not sure how. thank you for just saying 'nu-uh' and not elaborating in the slightest.

Is it a simple matter of 'I had to work for it, so you do too'? please enlighten me in clear and concise fashion what, outside of ill prepared players at level cap, would be the issue. If there are legitimate issues I've overlooked or forgot, I'll concede, no problem.

Its been proven by numerous other games to be sustainable... your assertion that its a long term detriment is hypothesis at best. Heres an explanation of paid levelling services by WOW's lead encounter designer if you're so inclined. if you think BW knows better than Blizz, in regards to online community/MMOs, I can't help you. This also shows that if implemented, would likely NOT be cheap to purchase, and would not be the defacto method everyone uses.

Speaking to Eurogamer, World of Warcraft lead encounter designer Ion Hazzikostas said Blizzard decided to sell the boost separately because it didn't want players to have to buy two copies of the expansion in order to boost more than one character.

"We realised as soon as we came out with Warlords of Draenor boost to 90, we knew that there was going to be demand for more than 1," he said.

"It's tremendously awkward to tell someone that you should buy two copies of the expansion just to get a second 90. That's odd. So we knew at that point we were going to have to offer it as a separate service."

But why go for $60, a price point that came in higher than many were expecting? Because Blizzard didn't want to "devalue the accomplishment of levelling".

"In terms of the pricing, honestly a big part of that is not wanting to devalue the accomplishment of levelling," Hazzikostas said.

"If our goal here was to sell as many boosts as possible, we could halve the price or more than that - make it $10 or something. And then hardly anyone would ever level a character again.

"But levelling is something that takes dozens if not over 100 hours in many cases and people have put serious time and effort into that, and we don't want to diminish that."

He added: "I am not an economist, I'm not the one setting the dollar value myself, but it's not the profit maximising price. That was not our aim here."

Some players have expressed concern that the new boost will eradicate levelling from the massively multiplayer online role-playing game, creating, in effect, an environment in which players pay for progression.

Hazzikostas denied this assertion.

"The intent here isn't to create a world where no-one levels," he said.

"It's just to allow people who want to purchase additional level 90s, maybe they want a second or third alt and they don't have time to level it themselves because they have a family or etc - it's to allow them to do that."

Blizzard is yet to announce the cost of the character boost in Europe.

Edited by EyesOfRed

How is that some people still don't understand that this game is not WoW? Adding in 12x experience on a permanent basis would kill the flash point queue on most servers and more or less destroy the levelling experience.

When 12x experience came last October, flash point and heroic groups just straight up died on my server. I didn't miss them that much because I, like everyone else, realized they were a waste of time when class missions were giving out 12x experience. On a permanent basis, levelling up a character in this game without the boost would become boring and tedious. The game doesn't have the population to support it, like WoW does.

If you use the boost, you'll just end up running through all of the game's main content in a matter of weeks. When people run out of content, they'll quit the game, just like millions of people quit the game shortly after launch because they had nothing to do. This isn't a content-heavy game, folks. We get a few new daily areas a year which have 1 hour of content, and every other year, we get a big planet that has around 5 hours of content.

What's the rush to get to level 60 anyway? What exactly are you trying to do?

How is that some people still don't understand that this game is not WoW? Adding in 12x experience on a permanent basis would kill the flash point queue on most servers and more or less destroy the levelling experience.

What's the rush to get to level 60 anyway? What exactly are you trying to do?

Who thinks it's W0W?! You? Leveling is 99% solo as it is, this impacts nothing. It's not like I'm skipping doing FPs with you because I'm not...I'm simply NOT LEVELING AT ALL. It doesn't take anyone out of the pool who doesn't want to be in it, and it's optional...people with your mindset will still be able to group up.

And my rush is none of your business nosy. Why the hell do you think you need to know WHY I want to be 60? But...because I'm nice, I'll tell you why...because I hate leveling. I enjoy MMOs for their cap level content, not the fluff they make you go through to get to 60.

If you use the boost, you'll just end up running through all of the game's main content in a matter of weeks. When people run out of content, they'll quit the game, just like millions of people quit the game shortly after launch because they had nothing to do.

And this I want to comment on separately...this is the stupidest thing I've read on these forums. I have 3 level 60 toons that I leveled in maybe 4 weeks total time...I've been here since beta. Your assertion that leveling is the games main content is absolutely ludicrous!!! Maybe it is to anti social introverts, but not to me.

Edited by TUXs

Its common practice to look to industry leaders for help etc. They have done the most market research and have the largest populations to monitor and assess. Larger numbers, mean more accurate statistics.

Probably not a terrible idea to model yourself after Nike if you want to sell shoes. or Honda if you're a car manufacturer. Besides, this games ripped off WoW plenty, is that not painfully obvious?

the people who will level through 12x and leave, would level under 1x and leave also, save they may just quit sooner. the people who want it will either spend all their time playing PVP and OPs etc, as is the norm with MMOs. Or the other half will utilize it to make alts and see all the relationship arcs, light/dark variants, mirror classes etc.

Also, remember, this will almost certainly NOT BE FREE. it wont make lowbie zones ghost towns any more than any of the other dozen games that do this, or something similiar. Likewise, getting more people to cap, will increase the pool of players at the level and make finding a group easier. They've already implemented solo FPs, they just need to extend that down. and you know, you could always find some friends to do those low level FPs with. if you wanted.

Its common practice to look to industry leaders for help etc. They have done the most market research and have the largest populations to monitor and assess. Larger numbers, mean more accurate statistics.

Probably not a terrible idea to model yourself after Nike if you want to sell shoes. or Honda if you're a car manufacturer. Besides, this games ripped off WoW plenty, is that not painfully obvious?

the people who will level through 12x and leave, would level under 1x and leave also, save they may just quit sooner. the people who want it will either spend all their time playing PVP and OPs etc, as is the norm with MMOs. Or the other half will utilize it to make alts and see all the relationship arcs, light/dark variants, mirror classes etc.

Also, remember, this will almost certainly NOT BE FREE. it wont make lowbie zones ghost towns any more than any of the other dozen games that do this, or something similiar. Likewise, getting more people to cap, will increase the pool of players at the level and make finding a group easier. They've already implemented solo FPs, they just need to extend that down. and you know, you could always find some friends to do those low level FPs with. if you wanted.

Well said! :)

I play this game only for character development. A don't feel that my characters evolve past Chapter 3.

So I rarely go past level 52-53 (the levels I finish Chapter 3 and some bonus missions in the places like Voss or Belsavis).

I've done it all and I will level another character ONLY if 12x xp is possible. I just wanna do class stories with occasional heroic or flashpoint or warzone.

If there's no exp multiplayer for class stories I'll most probably unsub once I finish Chapter 3 on my current latest BH.

Look, I've already conceded that 12x is faster than necessary, and personally, I like the plan laid out in your sig Ekwalizer, I think that would work just fine as well. but im sorry...

Its not the whole game's job to fill in the blanks so you can do group content in the off hours of your guild. Hell you could be in 2 guilds, or just have non-guilded players you get along with and know play well. although I would be in favor of a gearscore type system for group finder, you're still going to run into bads regardless. you're only mitigating the damage at best.

spend 5 second googling 'MMO PUG', you will find they are universally abhorred and generally just a bad time. Jokes, memes, merchandise, angry rants etc. you name it. PUGS are pretty much always laughably stupid. They are a last resort, and when used, should still be useful for making positive contacts while in those groups. The likelihood of you being the only decent player in a PuG is unlikely, but running into a bad is almost guaranteed. If you're afraid to pug on your tank, find a couple healers and small handful of dps that play during the week, and befriend them.

Just please stop bringing up the gear argument. no one has asked for it, and no one expects full BiS gear at level cap. MOST other MMOS offer levelling services. none of them hand out top tier gear for free. Unless youre the type of player who levels for story and stops playing that character, 90% of your play time will be at level cap. the gear grind, and raid progression is the reason those people play and why other games have found it beneficial to allow players to skip the levelling process. again we dont want to SKIP it, just speed it up to experience it more fluidly.

whatever, this is totally silly. BW doesn't read this mess anyway, they're gonna do what they're gonna do regardless.

Time will tell.

I genuinely do not believe that you have read every post that I have made in objection to 12XP. The GF is one of my concerns over direct 12XP.

Permanent 12XP for class missions essentially negates 91.7% of the content Bioware designed for the level up process. Sure, except for the first 10 levels it can be done exclusively via PvP, or after level 15 exclusively via KDY. But those are alternatives to the standard leveling process. 12XP will render pointless 91.7 percent of the leveling content. Period. That equates to an admission on Biowares part that the design of their game has failed.

WoW did not offer paid leveling until 10 years post-release and every other game that I am aware of that has done this, was on track to fail. This game is neither 10 years old nor is it on track to fail.

What you are asking for it so do 8.3% of the content and achieve max level. How is that not different than the 1.X arguments that led to instant Tionese and Recruit gear? Just because YOU don't like the argument doesn't render it invalid.

Since, "most" other AAA MMOs offer it, why don't you go ahead and list them.

Edited by ekwalizer

And this I want to comment on separately...this is the stupidest thing I've read on these forums. I have 3 level 60 toons that I leveled in maybe 4 weeks total time...I've been here since beta. Your assertion that leveling is the games main content is absolutely ludicrous!!! Maybe it is to anti social introverts, but not to me.

You missed his point. While players like you and I, who run multiple same AC toons per server for raiding purposes burn through the content and stick around; many more do not. Like you, I leveled 4 toons to 50 within the first month.

Look no further than the subscription numbers between the end of month 1, end of month 2 and the end of month 3. Many things lead to this trend such as another game coming out - Diablo 3 and GW2 as I recall. But that doesn't change all the butt-hurt and booboo-lip (and subsequent rapid reduction in subscriptions) over the release of the game with one complete operation.

Edited by ekwalizer

Oh ok, so everyone should just be given 198 gear when they ding 60 then? And top-tier PvP gear too, that should just be given out in the name of "fun".

For the record, this game has not been a "story driven MMO" since 2.0.

What are you talking about? Who said that anyone should be given the best gear? Yeah, keep on making up stuff other people don't even say just to disagree with it - real mature. And the hell do you care if people can reach max level faster? To get the best gear they'll still have to play like everyone else and "work" for it.

And sorry to break it to you, but the game was and IS a story driven MMO. Most of the people play it just for that - why do you think they made an expansion called "Shadow of frickin REVAN". If that was not for all the KOTOR fans, I don't know what is. Devs want single-player loving casual players in SWTOR and everyone will simply have to accept that or go and play FFXIV.

What are you talking about? Who said that anyone should be given the best gear? Yeah, keep on making up stuff other people don't even say just to disagree with it - real mature. And the hell do you care if people can reach max level faster? To get the best gear they'll still have to play like everyone else and "work" for it.

And sorry to break it to you, but the game was and IS a story driven MMO. Most of the people play it just for that - why do you think they made an expansion called "Shadow of frickin REVAN". If that was not for all the KOTOR fans, I don't know what is. Devs want single-player loving casual players in SWTOR and everyone will simply have to accept that or go and play FFXIV.

Most of the game is easily solo'd now.

The point is that some people want to be rewarded with max level characters for putting forth less than 10% of the very minimal effort required to obtain those max level characters as the game is designed.

Why should those players who are too averse the minimal effort required to level those new characters be able to put forth less than 10% of the effort and still obtain their max level character rewards while still requiring those who find the "gear grind" to be tedious and coring to do 100% of that "gear grind" to obtain those rewards, or those that find the "PVP grind" tedious and boring to do 100% of that "PVP grind" in order to obtain those rewards?

If you want a specific reward, whether that be BIS gear from an OPS, PVP gear or even a new max level character, then you should be willing to put forth the effort to obtain that reward.

I'm so happy it's coming back :D

You keep saying that, but you still cannot provide a single shred of proof in the form of BW confirmation.

I'm still waiting for any indication from BW that they will be bringing back 12XP, in any form. I would not be surprised to see it return for a limited time as a preorder perk for the next expansion, though.

Who thinks it's W0W?! You? Leveling is 99% solo as it is, this impacts nothing. It's not like I'm skipping doing FPs with you because I'm not...I'm simply NOT LEVELING AT ALL. It doesn't take anyone out of the pool who doesn't want to be in it, and it's optional...people with your mindset will still be able to group up.

And my rush is none of your business nosy. Why the hell do you think you need to know WHY I want to be 60? But...because I'm nice, I'll tell you why...because I hate leveling. I enjoy MMOs for their cap level content, not the fluff they make you go through to get to 60.

I guess you have to decide which is greater-- your aversion to the minimal effort of leveling those new characters you want to play or your aversion to playing the same old characters over and over.

You say that you are not part of the population on lower level planets now. By your own admission, you will not even be part of the "grouping pool" if they implement 12XP. In your case (and the case of others with your mindset), implementing 12XP would benefit no one but you (or them).

There are many, though, that ARE part of the leveling pool as the game is now, that will likely NOT be part of the "grouping pool" if BW were to implement a 12XP boost. In this case, implementing 12XP would be detrimental to many who would find themselves part of a greatly reduced "grouping pool".

I genuinely do not believe that you have read every post that I have made in objection to 12XP. The GF is one of my concerns over direct 12XP.

Permanent 12XP for class missions essentially negates 91.7% of the content Bioware designed for the level up process. Sure, except for the first 10 levels it can be done exclusively via PvP, or after level 15 exclusively via KDY. But those are alternatives to the standard leveling process. 12XP will render pointless 91.7 percent of the leveling content. Period. That equates to an admission on Biowares part that the design of their game has failed.

WoW did not offer paid leveling until 10 years post-release and every other game that I am aware of that has done this, was on track to fail. This game is neither 10 years old nor is it on track to fail.

What you are asking for it so do 8.3% of the content and achieve max level. How is that not different than the 1.X arguments that led to instant Tionese and Recruit gear? Just because YOU don't like the argument doesn't render it invalid.

Since, "most" other AAA MMOs offer it, why don't you go ahead and list them.

You missed his point. While players like you and I, who run multiple same AC toons per server for raiding purposes burn through the content and stick around; many more do not. Like you, I leveled 4 toons to 50 within the first month.

Look no further than the subscription numbers between the end of month 1, end of month 2 and the end of month 3. Many things lead to this trend such as another game coming out - Diablo 3 and GW2 as I recall. But that doesn't change all the butt-hurt and booboo-lip (and subsequent rapid reduction in subscriptions) over the release of the game with one complete operation.

the game has been on a failing track for years just look at the sub numbers. people also left after the first month because the game was boring and full of bugs. A lot of people didnt think the game was worth a sub fee so they left... i was one of those. that 91.7% is the same content for every class in game so once you do it once or twice on each faction you loose interest and no longer want to level up alts! that is BAD!!! and this is from someone that had 6 Hunters on the same server in WOW :p

the game failed just get over it. if they can bring up numbers by offering 12x XP then be glad for more players in game. in the long run it will be better for the game and for the players.

Is that right? So, since 1.0 how many class specific quests have been added? Oh, that's right, eight - one for each class in Shadows of Revan. Yep, KILLING Revan TWICE in this game obviously isn't enough for die hard KOTOR fans.

And I was just taking your logic - that everyone with a max level character should be rewarded with more max level characters without the required effort - to the next logical step and applying it to gear.

There is no satisfying some people, and I am not specifically talking about you, 12XP will open the door to a conversation about gear rewards for simply spending time in the game. Don't believe me? It already happened back in 1.X with full Recruit (PvP) gear and 99 Tionese comms simply for hitting level 50. Slipperly Slope is NOT a logical fallacy here because they already did it once before.

the game has been on a failing track for years just look at the sub numbers. people also left after the first month because the game was boring and full of bugs. A lot of people didnt think the game was worth a sub fee so they left... i was one of those. that 91.7% is the same content for every class in game so once you do it once or twice on each faction you loose interest and no longer want to level up alts! that is BAD!!! and this is from someone that had 6 Hunters on the same server in WOW :p

the game failed just get over it. if they can bring up numbers by offering 12x XP then be glad for more players in game. in the long run it will be better for the game and for the players.

I've never seen subscriptions for this game dip below 500,000. That is the number Bioware/EA reported as their break even for the first year. So, I think "failing track" might be an exaggeration on your part.

Up until very recently, I had 7 (level 60) Bounty Hunters just on Jedi Covenant ... ;p. That's just BHs, I also had 2 Juggernauts, 2 Guardians, an Assassin, a Shadow, A Sage, a Sorcerer, a commando, a Van, An Operative, a Slinger, a Sniper and a scoundrel. I also had a Mara and a Sent on Pot5. All the aforementioned toons are level 60. I've since moved dudes around to balance the load across the three east coast servers - but you get the idea. Believe it or not, it is actually a massive headache trying to manage a stable of 23 max level toons (at least for me). Oh, I'm also currently leveling toons on The Red Eclipse and Pot5. I mention all this simply to illustrate that leveling in this game is not difficult or overly time consuming.

I know full well how boring it can be to relevel stories that you have already seen, not to mention the side quests; but there are clever and inventive ways to level up and not see the same content back-to-back-to-back-to-back. The two daily GF FPs will dramatically boost your XP. If done strategically you can skip a lot of content. If you spread that around on different toons during the leveling process you can pick and choose which level appropriate side quests you engage in and therefore not see it every time.

Really all you have to do is plan ahead and you can level up a toon from 1-60 in a very short amount of time. Unlock your legacy XP bonuses, gather up ~60 hours worth of 25% boosters, jump in a 10% guild and that right there is 165% of class XP for class missions. That doesn't count Kill XP or bonus quest XP, it also doesn't count rested XP or take into account 2XP events.

I'm sorry but I just do not believe that doing 4 missions multiplied by 17 planets should equate to being max level.

Is that right? So, since 1.0 how many class specific quests have been added? Oh, that's right, eight - one for each class in Shadows of Revan. Yep, KILLING Revan TWICE in this game obviously isn't enough for die hard KOTOR fans.

And I was just taking your logic - that everyone with a max level character should be rewarded with more max level characters without the required effort - to the next logical step and applying it to gear.

There is no satisfying some people, and I am not specifically talking about you, 12XP will open the door to a conversation about gear rewards for simply spending time in the game. Don't believe me? It already happened back in 1.X with full Recruit (PvP) gear and 99 Tionese comms simply for hitting level 50. Slipperly Slope is NOT a logical fallacy here because they already did it once before.

No one is asking for gear, gear progression is a seperate progression to level. Also, do you not receive 300 basics for completing the prelude to SOR? How is this not similar to getting Tionese Comms (Am a founder but can't remember the specifics of original comms system).

I believe the Data-miners have mentioned that there will be an XP suppressor coming in for those who want it, so if you don't want to particiapte in XP boosts and events you will no longer have to. I can't really understand why people are so against this, especially since they have already implemented the system in game. Everyone plays and enjoys the game for different reasons, why not cater to as many of those desires as possible?

Edited by Pirate_Scuba

No one is asking for gear, gear progression is a seperate progression to level. Also, do you not receive 300 basics for completing the prelude to SOR? How is this not similar to getting Tionese Comms (Am a founder but can't remember the specifics of original comms system).

I believe the Data-miners have mentioned that there will be an XP suppressor coming in for those who want it, so if you don't want to particiapte in XP boosts and events you will no longer have to. I can't really understand why people are so against this, especially since they have already implemented the system in game. Everyone plays and enjoys the game for different reasons, why not cater to as many of those desires as possible?

As has been pointed out before, datamining is inaccurate at best. Many datamined items never see the light of even the PTS, let alone the live servers.

If BW planned to introduce a 12XP boost CM consumable, then why what need would there be for an XP inhibitor? After all, anyone who purchased a 12XP boost CM consumable with the intent to use it would obviously want it, right? If they purchased it to sell on the GTN, they still would not need an inhibitor.

Is it possible that BW is testing a way for players to "opt out" of double XP weekends? Is it possible that BW is testing a way for players to "opt out" of a preorder 12XP perk for the next expansion? Both of these are possible explanations for an XP inhibitor having been datamined. Are they the only explanations? No, but they ARE possible and logical explanations.

We will have to wait and see if these "XP inhibitors" make it to the live game and if so, in what manner.

If you want to cater "as many desires as possible" and therefore want to cater to the players who are too averse to the minimal effort required to level thsoe new characters they want to play, then why are you not in favor of catering to the player who has already done the "gear grind" to obtain a BIS gear set on one character (even though he found it to be boring and tedious) by giving him a BIS gear set on his alts, or allowing him to obtain a set of BIS gear for less than 10% effort? After all, in your own words, " Everyone plays and enjoys the game for different reasons, why not cater to as many of those desires as possible?"

As has been pointed out before, datamining is inaccurate at best. Many datamined items never see the light of even the PTS, let alone the live servers.

If BW planned to introduce a 12XP boost CM consumable, then why what need would there be for an XP inhibitor? After all, anyone who purchased a 12XP boost CM consumable with the intent to use it would obviously want it, right? If they purchased it to sell on the GTN, they still would not need an inhibitor.

Is it possible that BW is testing a way for players to "opt out" of double XP weekends? Is it possible that BW is testing a way for players to "opt out" of a preorder 12XP perk for the next expansion? Both of these are possible explanations for an XP inhibitor having been datamined. Are they the only explanations? No, but they ARE possible and logical explanations.

We will have to wait and see if these "XP inhibitors" make it to the live game and if so, in what manner.

If you want to cater "as many desires as possible" and therefore want to cater to the players who are too averse to the minimal effort required to level thsoe new characters they want to play, then why are you not in favor of catering to the player who has already done the "gear grind" to obtain a BIS gear set on one character (even though he found it to be boring and tedious) by giving him a BIS gear set on his alts, or allowing him to obtain a set of BIS gear for less than 10% effort? After all, in your own words, " Everyone plays and enjoys the game for different reasons, why not cater to as many of those desires as possible?"

My understanding is that the inhibitor is designed to remove the subscriber bonus and also for those who wish to opt out of bonus periods as you mentioned - not against a (purchased?) 12XP boost. And yes i understand the limitations of datamining.

I disagree about your comment regarding BIS gear sets - endgame gear grind goes towards extending content life of current material. Having multiple max level characters does not adversely affect this, but giving them all BIS gear would. The gear grind can already be circumvented to some degree using legacy gear for those people who have multiple characters of the same class/mirror class, but there are always items that cannot be transferred this way.