The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

12 x XP for class-missions

Azibux

I'm still waiting for the "light speed, easy mode, fast pass to max level" people to give a reason that they should be able to skip the parts of the game they do not like yet still be rewarded as if they did them, while denying others the option to skip the parts of the game that they do not like and still be rewarded as if they did them.l.

That doesn't make sense. Skipping content also skips the rewards for said skipped content. That's why some folks who did the 12x event complained that they didn't have enough comms or creds to keep up their gear. The creds issue was solved for the most part when training costs were eliminated, but you still don't get any of the comms or gear for content you didn't run.

I don't see where you are coming from with this "same rewards" idea. AFAIK they aren't the same.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That doesn't make sense. Skipping content also skips the rewards for said skipped content. That's why some folks who did the 12x event complained that they didn't have enough comms or creds to keep up their gear. The creds issue was solved for the most part when training costs were eliminated, but you still don't get any of the comms or gear for content you didn't run.

I don't see where you are coming from with this "same rewards" idea. AFAIK they aren't the same.

Well, they're increasing it to 8 Commendations per Story Quest.

I've mentioned this a few times but nobody listens to Djiini, he's just a troll. :cool:

I think it would be a good idea to at least include a 12x XP pack available from the cartel market for class missions. Lots of progression raiders are having to switch to different toons or lvl new ones because of upcoming nerfs, and if they're main was a Mara/Sent, most top guilds are not recruiting them for PVE. :confused:

This +1

Trying to get a Sin tank up right for some fights that favor it.

Would Johnny still get that max level character if BW were to cater to his aversion to the minimal effort required to level that new FOTM class(LAZINESS) and give him 12XP?

THAT is the reward.

I think it would be a good idea to at least include a 12x XP pack available from the cartel market for class missions. Lots of progression raiders are having to switch to different toons or lvl new ones because of upcoming nerfs, and if they're main was a Mara/Sent, most top guilds are not recruiting them for PVE. :confused:

This +1

Trying to get a Sin tank up right for some fights that favor it.

Thank you for proving one of the points raised by those against F2P.

That would be the increase in FOTM classes due a "light speed, easy mode, fast pass to max level" in the form of 12XP.

Some claimed that wouldn't happen, yet here we have two asking for 12XP to make it easier to have that new FOTM and to have it more quickly.

Would Johnny still get that max level character if BW were to cater to his aversion to the minimal effort required to level that new FOTM class(LAZINESS) and give him 12XP?

THAT is the reward.

Yeah, if Johnny wanted it, he'd still get it 12X or no 12x. As far as I'm concerned, I say let him have it. Doesn't affect me in the slightest.

"light speed, easy mode, fast pass to max level" - Yeah bring it on!

The ppl that oppose 12X xp are are really bratty and Egotistical. They think you have to do certain things in order to do, or get 12X, one of the Stupidest thing is the Legacy 50 crap, which i'm not even at and I have several of each levels 60's, 55's and 50's. Those morons have No Right to tell me or any1 else how we should get 12X, or how to play, they Don't have that right whatsoever.

No dog in this fight, but isn't it largely the people asking for 12x XP who are suggesting limitations such as LL50? The folks arguing against the option seem opposed to any (permanent) implementation of it on principle.

No dog in this fight, but isn't it largely the people asking for 12x XP who are suggesting limitations such as LL50? The folks arguing against the option seem opposed to any (permanent) implementation of it on principle.

That is correct. Many in the 12x xp camp have put forward what they see as compromises or solutions to the problems of people leveling and not knowing their class, by gating 12x xp behind legacy level 50. You don't have to be mistress Cleo to predict that if the 3.2 mined info is correct, then it is going to be a cartel market bought perk. So I suggest people don't worry on that end. The new raise in basic comm rewards from 1 to 8 for class missions seems to lend some credibility to the info. In the end, only time will tell. BW stands to make a good deal of profit if this does happen. No matter the hyperbole on either side of the argument, what will be will be and no matter the outcome we all gotta put on our big boy pants and have some acceptance, or not I guess. Patch 3.2 promises to be good. For many reasons.

THAT is the reward.

It's not laziness - I'd rather spend most of my time doing other things with my alts than side quests or lowbie pvp/fps. Again, I've got over 30 characters at 55+ - I'm pretty much the definition of "not lazy" in this game but I'm still all for 12x for those that have already run a story or have ll50. Sorry to spoil your namecalling. This is the ac swapping argument for you all over again, isn't it?

Trying to get into the game again after a brief hiatus, I was just thinking how much I would like this. :)

Why? Well, I have decided that there are a couple of characters I would like to re-roll for basically "fluff" reasons (gender, AC, or faction swap). I have already leveled and know how to play the AC's, and my legacy level is 50 so you can imagine how many side quests I have done. :p I would enjoy replaying the story on these re-rolled characters, but the idea of slogging through eleventy-zillion sidequests again is not appealing.

(Though as an aside, I must say that 3.2 does look like it will make leveling a bit smoother due to the travel improvements and cheaper mods from the basic coms vendors.)

IMHO, anyone with a legacy level of 40+ has probably played the game enough -- either leveling alts, or in endgame -- that skipping side quests won't negatively impact either them or their fellow players.

It's not laziness - I'd rather spend most of my time doing other things with my alts than side quests or lowbie pvp/fps. Again, I've got over 30 characters at 55+ - I'm pretty much the definition of "not lazy" in this game but I'm still all for 12x for those that have already run a story or have ll50. Sorry to spoil your namecalling. This is the ac swapping argument for you all over again, isn't it?

No matter the root cause of a player's aversion to the minimal effort required to level those alts, it is still an aversion to that effort. By definition, that is laziness.

Also, with regards to your 30+ characters over level 55, effort put forth in the past does NOT preclude the possibility of an aversion to that effort (laziness) in the present or future.

Regarding the demands for the devs to allow players to change their class, the argument could be mmade that this is another side of that same coin. In both cases, players want to be rewarded with a new class without having to put forth the minimal effort to level that class as the game is designed.

It actually is the same as the AC threads, and it will have the same result as all the demands to allow change of AC, which is it will never happen...

It actually is the same as the AC threads, and it will have the same result as all the demands to allow change of AC, which is it will never happen...

Oh I do so hope you're prepared to eat your words.

Would you like a drink to wash them down with?

Also, guys, you know some of us play games to HAVE FUN, not for a 'CHALLENGE', right?

Edited by Djiini

Oh I do so hope you're prepared to eat your words.

Would you like a drink to wash them down with?

Also, guys, you know some of us play games to HAVE FUN, not for a 'CHALLENGE', right?

If you are referring to the 3.2 datamining regarding an XP inhibitor, we'll have to wait and see what happens. We've had NO word from the devs as to the purpose of those datamined "XP inhibitors" or even if they will actually make into the game.

The devs have been totally silent about 12XP since the last statement from Eric Musco stating that there were no plans to add 12XP as a legacy perk at this time. Does that mean they COULD add it as a CM consumable? Yes.

I'll ask you, IF they were planning to add it as a CM consumable, why would they need an inhibitor? Anyone purchasing those consumables would obviously WANTS the 12XP boost. If they did not want the 12XP boost, why would they spend the CC's or credits on those boosts?

On the other hand, though, there have been many threads asking for a way to "opt out" of global XP boosts, such as double XP weekends, etc. It seems to me that those datamined "inhibitors" would allow players to "opt out" of any global XP boosts.

I'm not saying that is the purpose of them, but even if those datamined "XP inhibitors" do make into the game, their purpose may not be indicative of a 12XP CM consumable on the horizon. Their purpose may simply be to give players a means of "opting out" of double XP weekends, etc.

I am prepared to accept the devs' decision either way. It is, after all, their game and THEY set the rules--not me, you or any other player. I hope the same can said of those slavering for a "light speed, easy mode, fast pass to max level".

If you are referring to the 3.2 datamining regarding an XP inhibitor, we'll have to wait and see what happens. We've had NO word from the devs as to the purpose of those datamined "XP inhibitors" or even if they will actually make into the game.

The devs have been totally silent about 12XP since the last statement from Eric Musco stating that there were no plans to add 12XP as a legacy perk at this time. Does that mean they COULD add it as a CM consumable? Yes.

I'll ask you, IF they were planning to add it as a CM consumable, why would they need an inhibitor? Anyone purchasing those consumables would obviously WANTS the 12XP boost. If they did not want the 12XP boost, why would they spend the CC's or credits on those boosts?

On the other hand, though, there have been many threads asking for a way to "opt out" of global XP boosts, such as double XP weekends, etc. It seems to me that those datamined "inhibitors" would allow players to "opt out" of any global XP boosts.

I'm not saying that is the purpose of them, but even if those datamined "XP inhibitors" do make into the game, their purpose may not be indicative of a 12XP CM consumable on the horizon. Their purpose may simply be to give players a means of "opting out" of double XP weekends, etc.

I am prepared to accept the devs' decision either way. It is, after all, their game and THEY set the rules--not me, you or any other player. I hope the same can said of those slavering for a "light speed, easy mode, fast pass to max level".

It's almost like they're trying to keep the whole 12x thing under wraps or something. I can't see any other reason for making it so class quests reward 8 commendations.

Anyway, main point was--nobody really has a right to tell other people what the right way to have fun is.

And They Never can give good reasons either. The ppl that oppose 12X xp are are really bratty and Egotistical. They think you have to do certain things in order to do, or get 12X, one of the Stupidest thing is the Legacy 50 crap, which i'm not even at and I have several of each levels 60's, 55's and 50's. Those morons have No Right to tell me or any1 else how we should get 12X, or how to play, they Don't have that right whatsoever.

With as much grinding and and lvl'ing most of us 12X'ers have done, we deserve to have an alternate way of getting to lvl 50.

Of course i'm talking about 12X for getting just to lvl 50 for now. Any1 should be able to just pay a Fee for 12X, that is all.

Oh, ok. So we don't have a right to voice our opinion. Just you guys. Roger, got it.

It's almost like they're trying to keep the whole 12x thing under wraps or something. I can't see any other reason for making it so class quests reward 8 commendations.

Anyway, main point was--nobody really has a right to tell other people what the right way to have fun is.

No other reason for awarding 8 commendations for quest rewards?

It's not like we haven't had numerous threads started by people complaining that they "can't earn enough commendations" to purchase enough mods to keep their character and their companions "adequately" geared. Oh, that's right, we have. By "adequately" geared, most of those complaining seem to mean over geared.

Again, I am not saying that this is the purpose of the increased com rewards, but those increased commendations could be a way to allow players to more easily purchase enough commendations to keep their character and at least one companion "adequately" geared. It may also be that those increased commendation rewards may not even see the live servers. We have no way of knowing at this time, given the lack of any word from the devs.

Or that, ya know, they aren't doing it to begin with. Datamining isn't always right.

No matter the root cause of a player's aversion to the minimal effort required to level those alts, it is still an aversion to that effort. By definition, that is laziness.

Also, with regards to your 30+ characters over level 55, effort put forth in the past does NOT preclude the possibility of an aversion to that effort (laziness) in the present or future.

Regarding the demands for the devs to allow players to change their class, the argument could be mmade that this is another side of that same coin. In both cases, players want to be rewarded with a new class without having to put forth the minimal effort to level that class as the game is designed.

Ha!! I love it. Let me get off my Lazy butt, and ..... Get back on my lazy butt to lvl a new toon.... I think what many of us are getting at is there is no real added benefit to being maxed lvl 50 legacy. The character perks added for convenience, FP XP, class missions, Area discovery are barely making a dent into a quicker enjoyable lvling experience. Lets say, I love playing the Merc, and I really want to have another and another, and another. Having put time into the game, being max legacy, should allow us to lvl a new toon of the same AC in AT LEAST half the time. Legacy should allow that. Make some good use of that family tree by allowing the descendants to gain quicker XP in a previously mastered AC/discipline.. Or, lets say my Sentinel is geared, love the play style and I really want to see how it compares to the Marauder, but first I have to repeat the same long process of lvl ing the exact mirror class. A maxed legacy and a better use of the family tree could improve this experience for the Player. Not make it easy mode or a breeze, but create a system where mastered traits can be passed down to increase XP gained on Class missions. Maybe not 12x XP but at least double.

Ha!! I love it. Let me get off my Lazy butt, and ..... Get back on my lazy butt to lvl a new toon.... I think what many of us are getting at is there is no real added benefit to being maxed lvl 50 legacy. The character perks added for convenience, FP XP, class missions, Area discovery are barely making a dent into a quicker enjoyable lvling experience. Lets say, I love playing the Merc, and I really want to have another and another, and another. Having put time into the game, being max legacy, should allow us to lvl a new toon of the same AC in AT LEAST half the time. Legacy should allow that. Make some good use of that family tree by allowing the descendants to gain quicker XP in a previously mastered AC/discipline.. Or, lets say my Sentinel is geared, love the play style and I really want to see how it compares to the Marauder, but first I have to repeat the same long process of lvl ing the exact mirror class. A maxed legacy and a better use of the family tree could improve this experience for the Player. Not make it easy mode or a breeze, but create a system where mastered traits can be passed down to increase XP gained on Class missions. Maybe not 12x XP but at least double.

Double XP weekends, rested XP and the currently available XP boosts say "hello" and they want to be your friends.

Double XP weekends, rested XP and the currently available XP boosts say "hello" and they want to be your friends.

will you stop using logic... to paraphrase Tom hanks in "Major League"

There's no logic in gaming!!!!!!!
Edited by Ghisallo

#1 What people should talk about is the threshold to open the 12 x class EXP, not if it should exist.

#2 Make it cost 1500 Cartel Coins per character (have to buy the perk for every character).

#3 Require Legacy level 50.

#4 Request x - amount of characters at max level to open it alongside Legacy level 50.

My opinion is that anyone with Legacy level 50 and all advanced classes on max level (rep or imp, as they are mirrors) has proven how grind savvy they are. It's not taken away from me at all if those players could only play the class story to level more characters. It's not like a fresh player could jump to max level then, is it now? And to everyone arguing that "people just don't want to do the work"... you are right. That's the whole point of 12x EXP. Doing those side quests, KDY or whatever to level might not feel like "fun but work" and game should be fun. I have duplicates of classes at 60. Nineteen characters at 60 on TRE for an example. I do not need this but I want to be vocal supporter of 12 x Class Exp unlock with suggested requirements, for an example.